[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright let's get some /k/reatives I'm here. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Alright let's get some /k/reatives I'm here.
I've had an idea for a stupid weapon system that's basically a T-shirt cannon rigged up to fire soup cans at lethal velocities.
What PSI would it need?
Is it being powered by air completely stupid?
Would propane or acetylene combustion be the only option?
What stupid shit have you thought up?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (229KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
229KB, 1920x1080px
>>31856023
Don't they already have the can cannon?
>>
>>31856832
>>>31856023 (OP) (You)
Well I guess with a little innovation this could comically fire regular chicken and noodle soup at your attacker.
And just like that I can die happy.
>>
>>31856023
You'd have a hell of a time getting the terminal ballistics worked out. To start with, you're going to have a hard time getting any accuracy with the lack of a barrel seal, so you'd need to use something like an old black powder miniball system with wadding to get you a good seal, but considering the diameter, you're basically talking about a napoleonic-era field cannon.

Then you have the shape of the can being un-aerodynamic for one, making it prone to tumbling. You could overcome this with some sort of rifling setup, but that's going to require a lot of custom machining and potentially custom cans, making the whole thing a lot less appealing.....maybe some sort APFSDS-style discarding sabot and stabilizing fins?
>>
>>31856994
it's made to shoot soda cans(Full) up to about 100 yards.

I'm not so sure about lethal velocity....but it would definitely fucking hurt
>>
>>31857077
Well I've heard a lot of potato cannons using gas combustion. I'm very concerned about a cans stability or even it leaving the barrel in one piece.
>>
Well I guess I could live with shooting a soda into the windshield of a car over firing sweet peas at starving kids.
>>
>>31856023