[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any vets got issued/carried/used anything besides m16/m4? Subguns,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1477607120200m.jpg (125KB, 1024x688px) Image search: [Google]
1477607120200m.jpg
125KB, 1024x688px
Any vets got issued/carried/used anything besides m16/m4? Subguns, shotguns, various dmr rifles, SCAR, stand alone grenade launchers, etc.
>>
If they were getting issued something then they wouldn't be vets
>>
>>31854395
1 shotgun for the squad, we kept it in the humvee mostly. It was for breaching. We had AT4's, which is similar to grenade launchers, but it's an anti-tank weapon. No to everything else, and a bunch of stuff you didn't mention.
>>
>>31854395
I was a 240 gunner and got issued a shotgun to keep in my humvees gun turret for nonlethal shit.
>>
>>31854787
>Nonlethal

Huh? Ours was loaded with 00 buck. You could argue it's less lethal, but that can still kill. Unless they gave you riot rounds or something.
>>
I was issued bear mace for bears
>>
>>31854856
Ours had rubber buckshot and slugs. It was supposed to be for crowd control stuff.
>>
>>31854733
>bunch of stuff you didn't mention.
Such as?

>>31854787
Ever had to use it?
>>
I didn't carry it but our squad had an m14 in Iraq, for awhile they put an eotech on it but the mount broke so they ended up leaving it at base
>>
>>31854733
AT4 similar to grenade launcher... Nope
>>
>>31855179
Oh really captain autism. They are similar in the fact they both fire projectiles that go boom. Enlighten me.
>>
>>31855144
Those first generation refurbished M14s all seemed to be way more trouble than they were worth.
>>
>>31854395

I worked at a range in the USMC and we had a rule that anything cool you brought we got to shoot.

>fully automatic M4s
>M21/M14s
>M1014
>Fully automatic MP5
>Match grade 1911s w/ red dots
>Sig 9mm
>Suppressed .300 mag sniper rifle
>240G

That's about it.
>>
>>31854887
was this during the australian american war
>>
File: GWOTService.jpg (113KB, 640x322px) Image search: [Google]
GWOTService.jpg
113KB, 640x322px
My official issued weapon was a ak47 in iraq because i didn't trust the m16 they tried to give me
>>
File: 1464573690495.jpg (5KB, 250x215px) Image search: [Google]
1464573690495.jpg
5KB, 250x215px
>>31855504
sure thing
>>
>>31855504
I don't like you.
>>
Way back in 1992-1995 I was LRS. We had crazy amounts of freedom. Whatever equipment we wanted, we could get - as log as it was either in inventory somewhere or within our budget (which was fuck huge). Hell, there were rangers who even brought in their POWs.

Here's one example of a thousand - We jumped in on crash hawks, everyone had different firearms; all suited to the mission (shotguns, PCCs, XM177s, M79s, etc), upon landing, we had civilian contacts who prepped aluminum paddle boats with gear, ammo and chow. We paddled down miles of a river route, linked up with other civilians who transported us over a border in their POVs, navigated to a cache of optics / laser / STANO shit. Maneuvered by foot to the obj. Lased our target. After airstrike, we humped 50+ miles to extraction. STABO'd out.

People have no idea how high speed LRS was.
>>
>>31854428
...a veteran is anyone who is currently serving or has served...
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.