[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tps FWBzDHkk Skip to about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpsFWBzDHkk

Skip to about 3:28.

How would "the old twirly whirlies" even work?

In the table top game they are said to have chains. But chains would not spin like that in flight.

I could see light weight fixed blades with a slight bend to catch air like a propeller set on a smooth rotation point in the back of the bolt with a stop to keep them from going all the way back working but would that slow them down too much?

From a laws of physics standpoint i cant really see them working. But they are still cool.
>>
>From a laws of physics standpoint i cant really see them working. But they are still cool.

Exactly. Rule of Cool.
>>
>>31852349

>they fire at 3:35
>they fire again at 3:53

I think the better question is how can they reload and make ready in 16 seconds.
>>
Mithril.
>>
Leather straps, studded with metal, toghtly pre-wound around the shaft of the spear that unravel under their own tension as the spear spins from launch.
>>
>>31852533

They would run into the same issue as cahins would though.

Would end up just flailing around the back like a kite tail.
>>
>>31852546

Not if they were weighted at the ends, like a bolus.
>>
MAGIC
>>
>>31852349
>But they are still cool
FUCK YOU

THE HOBBIT SUCKS
>>
>>31852349

I can't even believe that they made an extended version of the 3rd movie. 75% of the movie felt like something that should have been in the deleted scenes.
>>
File: 1477372957001.jpg (123KB, 831x639px) Image search: [Google]
1477372957001.jpg
123KB, 831x639px
>>31852349

Which mid-2000s video game is this from?
>>
>>31853098

Most of it yes. But there were some good parts.

>>31853198

The hobbit should have been 2 movies.
LOTR should have been 4.

>>31853987

One that used WAY to much CGI.

>>31852459

Mithril is too rare and expensive to put in an expendable missile weapon like this. A small chain coat was worth more then all the shire after all. Also i dont know if mithril would shatter on impact for added effect. It gets into the "its magic yo" realm with how strong it is.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.