[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do the police do with all the weapons they take from criminals?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1396131262359.jpg (28KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1396131262359.jpg
28KB, 500x375px
What do the police do with all the weapons they take from criminals?

How can I buy them?
>>
>>31851695
Well that depends if the gun was stolen it goes to the owner. If the serial number was scratched off then they would melt it. If the gun is legal then they sell it off to gun stores for parts.
>>
As with all other things hasfuns, it has to do with whether you live in a free state or a slave one:

http://www.moneytalksnews.com/11-states-where-police-sell-confiscated-guns-citizens/
>>
>>31851695

Like the other guy said, if they can trace it back to the owner then they give it back to them. If they can't, what they do next depends on the police department and prevailing political winds:

1) They auction off the weapons to the public, or...

2) They destroy them because "muh children" and "one less gun on the streets".

Here in Houston they used to auction them off, then we got a dyke mayor and she changed things now they destroy them. They make exceptions for weapons with historical value, thank goodness, and try to find them homes in museums if they come across them.
>>
>>31851695
Here in NJ they all get melted down. It hurts.
>>
>>31851695

Semi-related question:

I buy storage lockers from auctions sometimes. What happens if I find a gun in there? Is it legally mine?
>>
>>31852181
yes
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.