[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, was wondering what the challenges might be in reproducing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: gerat06h.jpg (100KB, 1055x696px) Image search: [Google]
gerat06h.jpg
100KB, 1055x696px
Hey /k/, was wondering what the challenges might be in reproducing firearms such as the Gerat 06H Rifle for a civilian market. I don't think I have seen too many reproductions.
How hard is it to find design documents? Does anyone own the rights to any of the mechanisms in the gun? What changes would need to be made to the weapon besides of course removing the fun switch? Would there even be any interest?
>>
Id rather have the mkb 42
>>
they already make civilian mp44 clones, why bother?
>>
File: 1414929473187.gif (1MB, 250x136px) Image search: [Google]
1414929473187.gif
1MB, 250x136px
>>31850950
my first recomendation would be doing some research maybe via google.
however since you obviously won't do that OP the rifle you have in picture is the earliest part of the design chain that led to the CETME/H&K roller delayed blowback family of weapons. There was a kit out there for a while that would allow you to use an H&K g33 parts kit to make one in 5.56 but I forget who made it and sold it.
>>
File: stgconv.jpg (102KB, 720x562px) Image search: [Google]
stgconv.jpg
102KB, 720x562px
>>31853554
>>
>>31850950
There is a very simple reason why some gun designs aren't manufactured anymore: they use techniques and machinery that were common when they were originally deigned but aren't common anymore. To setup tooling for a large production run would make no business sense in less they could guarantee it would fly off shelves. To make a small run would likely drive the costs too high, especially if usable milsurp versions are still available at reasonable prices. Also keep in mind that most guns prior to WWII make extensive use of hand fitted parts; how much do you think a skilled gunsmith's time is worth?

It all comes down to $$$.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.