[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ok so /k/ heres a question, say someone is carrying a handgun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 08b687e23e054e8bbfe26da778351506.jpg (409KB, 1384x1644px) Image search: [Google]
08b687e23e054e8bbfe26da778351506.jpg
409KB, 1384x1644px
ok so /k/ heres a question, say someone is carrying a handgun illegally (no permit, unlicensed, etc) and they encounter a self defense situation and they have a justifiable means to use leathal force to protect themselves but they use the handgun they are carrying illegally. how does this situation play out afterwards.

example, in the state of Illinois in order to get a ccw license one needs to be 21 yrs old, say the victim is 20 but they are still cc-ing a handgun and they get caught being mugged at gunpoint and they find an opportunity and use the handgun and kill the mugger, make it worse and say there are cameras that recorded the event so no possibility of lying. what kind of charges would be pressed on the victim.
>>
>>31845951
Better tried by 12 then carried by 6
>>
File: 1452487951188.jpg (370KB, 3000x1987px) Image search: [Google]
1452487951188.jpg
370KB, 3000x1987px
>>31845951
I don't know for every State, or current day.

But I'm a Criminal justice faggot. In New York in the 70's 5 niggers tried to jump a white guy on a train. He shot and killed two of them.

He did 6 months in jail for a firearm charge. Court ruled he had right to self defense.
>>
>>31845951
asking for a friend? lol

my best guess (as I have no legal training or am giving legal advice) would be, it would be up to the judge, possible fines/ small jail time (depending on if you can legally own the firearm; ie, not a felon and laws dictate you may legally own a handgun under the age of 21.) however anon, it's best to just not risk it, because it only takes that one incident to make you have nogunz forever.....but again, that's my best guess..... many many other options for self defense until you are of legal age.
>>
>>31846009
god bless bernie goetz

that was the 80s
>>
>>31845951

If the shooting is 100% justified, then I can't see them charging you with more than carrying a weapon illegally. Even in a liberal area, trying to charge a person who acted totally in self defense with murder/manslaughter/assault with a dw just because they didn't have a permit to carry weapon would be a good way to blow the case.
>>
>>31846009
jesus...$43Mil civil suite? is Wikipedia correct?
>>
>>31846057
OK, so I had a beer or two.

I don't know if that would fly today tho.
>>
You definitely wouldn't be charged with shooting or killing the guy at all. The most you'd face is the charge for carrying illegally and any decent lawyer would argue that you had reason to carry illegally to defend your life as there was no legal alternative.
>>
I carried a gun illegally for years. My thinking was concealed is concealed and better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. I'm sure if I ever were caught I would be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Especially because I lived in a noguns state. A noguns state with completely unconstitutional laws.

As long as you aren't a felon or belong in a mental health hospital I say carry on. Fuck the laws. The constitution guarantees your right to bear arms and shall not be infringed.

This is piss poor legal advice and probably shouldn't be followed. But I hate the fuck out of stupid ass gun control laws that do nothing except hurt law abiding citizens.
>>
>>31846004
Then raped by 24
>>
>>31845951
Live in Illinois just took the class last month. If you get caught with a weapon without a permit they will charge you they don't give a fuck. The cops would be a little upset because they would do the same but the prosecutor would eat you up. Even if you have a carry license the instructors tell you make sure you don't have anything that makes you look like a psycho like zombie killer ammo. You might get off easy but man is it gonna be a pain in the ass
>>
>>31845951

If you were justified in using lethal force for your self defense you'll generally be cleared for the homicide but likely cited for illegally carrying the weapon.
>>
File: 1381701499278.gif (138KB, 185x224px) Image search: [Google]
1381701499278.gif
138KB, 185x224px
>>31846192
>But I hate the fuck out of stupid ass gun control laws that do nothing except hurt law abiding citizens.

This. It costs one-hundred-fucking-dollars to apply for your permit in my state. $100 isn't shit for me but I'm fucking mad because there's poorfags in Florida that can barely scrape together $350 for a decent handgun then they have to get another $100 for the permit.
>>
>>31845951
Depends on how big of a prick the judge is, who you shot, why you shot them in this explicit particular instance and little other shit to trip you up on a technicality.

Carrying a pistol without license is unlawful possession of a firearm and a Class B misdemeanor if it's your first offense. If you have previous violence charges, regardless of felonious intent or severity, you're looking at a felony charge with conspiracy/intent to commit felonious action.

I live in Illinois and the DA would have a field day trying to further their liberal boon by busting the shaft in your ass for shooting someone without a registered handgun.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.