[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>consider buying nugget >they're all bullshit overpriced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

>consider buying nugget
>they're all bullshit overpriced at $250 or so
>friend offers to sell me Yugo 24/47 for $300
>clean as fuck since he's kept it in good care
>barrel needs to be cleaned due to goop/cosmoline (he never fired it), but it showed a rather clear bore with distinct marks (he claims it'll be a lot clearer once cleaned)
>wood has minimal dings, no chunks/etc missing
>no signs of pitting or rust of any variety on the metal

Should I go for it? My biggest concern is the bore, and while it's coated in shit on the inside, I can still see a very distinct "swirl" pattern inside with a bore light.
>>
>>31844937
Yes, go for it. Run a boresnake soaoked in hoppes #9 solvent down the barrel and then follow up with a dry boresnake a bunch of times.
>>
8mm Mauser is harder to find than 7.62x54R. That being said, a Yugo mauser is superior (in a technical sense) to a nugget of any type save for a finnish one. A pic of the bore would be needed to be sure about it.
>>
>>31844948
I would consider a Yugo Mauser superior to even a Finn Nugget

The action is still superior, and so is the caliber
>>
>>31844948

I'd be able to check it again tomorrow or some time soon. Would you happen to have any sort of images that show what a good/bad bore would look like? I doubt he'd be trying to drop a piece of shit on me, or so I'd hope.
>>
>>31844937
What cartidges share the same case head with 8mm mauser?
Rebarrel?
>>
>>31844992
Not to hand, unfortunately. A good test is (s long as it's not a counterbored barrel) to insert a bullet into the muzzle to check for wear. If the bullet fits all the way in it's usually fucked. Go try to buy some 8mm now. This will also help you asses the availability of ammo in your area.
>>
>>31844937

This isn't new news anywhere but i'm noticing a lot more of this shit lately.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/6028141/fort-wayne-indiana-rifles-for-sale-trade--custom-m91-30
>>
>>31845041

It's definitely not counterbored. I'll give that a test when I can. So ideally, I should have difficulty inserting the tip of the bullet into the muzzle? As for local ammo availability, even the fudd stores near me stock 8mm "mauser" ammo.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.