[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Long story short >I need comms >I know absolutely nothing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Long story short

>I need comms
>I know absolutely nothing about comms

Please teach me /k/. They need to be able to integrate into my chest rig and my electronic ear pro
>>
>>31841378

Are you autistic? Any radio you buy will come with instructions.
>>
File: 1452216349607.jpg (561KB, 792x3458px) Image search: [Google]
1452216349607.jpg
561KB, 792x3458px
>>31841378
Well, Ive had this saved for a while. It might help.
>>
>>31841384
Yes. I'm wondering what are some basic things I should know, what brands to avoid, how to properly integrate it into my ear pro, and such.
>>
>>31841378
Depends

How far away are the other members going to be who you need to speak to? Are they in vehicles? Will they be in LOS comms range? VHF, HF, or UHF? Do you want/have access to crypto/keys for said comms? Whats your budget? How many radios total are going to be in your net?
>>
>>31841391
Thanks!

>>31841407
>How far away are the other members going to be who you need to speak to?
Maybe a few miles at most
>Are they in vehicles?
Yes, but not armored
>Will they be in LOS comms range?
Line of sight? Most of the time yes
>VHF, HF, or UHF?
No fucking idea
>Do you want/have access to crypto/keys for said comms?
I guess being encrypted would be a plus
>Whats your budget?
I'd like to keep it under a few hundred bucks
>How many radios total are going to be in your net?
As of right now, 4. That number will likely grow a little bit over time
>>
>>31841378
Are you and your friends patrolling the woods?
>>
File: 20150130_152003.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20150130_152003.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>31841445
Innadesert
>>
>>31841434
TRI AN/PRC-148.
>>
>>31841391
>legally on low power
What? I can assure you 5w is not going to cause any sort of issues unless you're on government frequencies keeping them busy.
>>
Anyone have any input/experience with throat mics for radios? I'd like to get one for my baofeng, but I want to know if they're shitty or actually useful. Amazon has a couple that look okay and they're not expensive. Just wondering if you guys could recommend a brand or have any thoughts
>>
>>31841488

Are you in NM, anon? If you are, and you're where I think you are, you can tune to police frequencies on a baofeng.
>>
>>31841524

>radio for poorfag
>recommend fucking MBITR

Good job anon.
>>
>>31841488
ISIS?
>>
>>31841384

Tell that to the Chinese radio manufacturers you inexperienced dummy.
>>
>>31841434
Whike you're at it, go look around for some HAM radio study guides. You dont have to get licensed but theres a shit ton of free study material out there that will help you wrap your head around it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.