[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck don't the Japanese make awesome, cleverly engineered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

Why the fuck don't the Japanese make awesome, cleverly engineered techno-guns for the civilian market?

Seems like they got their shit rekt in WW2 and went full noguns.
>>
>>31838984
Because guns that are simple tend to be better.

The Japanese weren't even good to begin with. WW2 saw them using a rifle that was little more than a ripoff M1896 Mauser and a proprietary cartridge that was neither 6.5 nor an actual .308-.311 .30 caliber round.

In short, they've done fuck all in terms of firearms. Why would they start now?
>>
>>31838984
Because they don't have a domestic arms industry nor will their laws allow the exportation of arms.
>>
>>31838984
Japan had never liked the idea of civilian ownership of arms. Culturally they are cucked beyond belief.
>>
>>31839070
>Because they don't have a domestic arms industry
W r o n g
>>
>>31839070
>What is Browning, Alex?
>>
>>31839070
Anon... you are wrong on many levels...

They have llenty of as industries, they catee to exlorts and internal use.

Just to name two. Howa, and Miroku. Both of which export their rifles for the civilian market. Miroku practically makes everything browning sells, and some of the fn winchester line. Howa makes the legacy sport line of rifle
>>
>>31839158
This, going all the way back to the age of swords.
>>
File: fa6pqduum3tx.png (147KB, 222x395px) Image search: [Google]
fa6pqduum3tx.png
147KB, 222x395px
>>31839070
>I'll just make shit up, no will ever know
>>
>>31838984
>Seems like they got their shit rekt in WW2 and went full noguns.
That's our fault, dude. Article 9 etc.
We snipped their balls off. All they can hope to do is make variants of American firearms.
>>
File: 1472766098643.jpg (29KB, 460x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472766098643.jpg
29KB, 460x720px
>>31838984
because you don't need "cool" lights on a gun. It's not practical and never will be.
>>
>>31838984
Actually civilians are allowed to own guns, but the legal hoops they have to jump through in order to be allowed them is more than most people are willing to put up with. It's worse for them than it is for Canada, Australia and UK.
>>
>>31839235
This, but I believe they have a prohibition on military exports.

I hear the Howa rifles are great, by the way. I've been wanting a little .308 boltgun for a while and they're high on my list.
>>
>>31839398
Forgot to say I was talking about Japan.
>>
>>31839039
The Type 99 Arisaka was actual one of the most solid rifles of the war. Their loss was mostly due to horrible strategic choices, using tactics learned fighting woefully underequipped Chinese troops, and being outclassed in terms of gear. Their pistols and machine guns were absolutely terrible, but the Arisaka rifles were good. It's just that by the time the war rolled around, the US had Garands in service.
>>31839158
This. One of the first things officials in Japan did when they got guns from the Portuguese and Dutch was ban their civilians from owning them and from even setting foot in the European trading area in Nagasaki. In the Taisho period and pre-war Showa period, though, it was possible to get permits to own firearms from the police, although this was mostly for successful merchants and bankers who had to cart things between settlements constantly and were at risk of attack by bandits.
>>31839070
>Howa
>Mateba
>Miroku
>>
>>31839412
>Mateba
I've got some bad news for you
>>
>>31839437
Oops. I meant Minebea. It's late.
>>
>>31839398
Hunting and sports shooting? Like bolt-actions and pump-action shotguns would probably be the "easiest" things to get right?

BTW, what are Japanese cops armed with anyway? .38 revolvers?
>>
>>31839437
Nah, he's like 95% right.

I bet e>>31839412
very fucking otaku with airshit fetish has one
>>
>>31839412
I don't get how people forget about it. It's a bolt-action Mauser design of a major Post-WW1 military power. You can't fuck it up.

Even if they didn't see a whole lot of service, the French MAS bolt-actions are also pretty great rifles.
>>
>>31839529
>BTW, what are Japanese cops armed with anyway?

Punitive dildo cars.

Break the law? Take a nice long ride to the Tetsuo memorial police precinct with your bare ass in the air and a mechanized rubber fist plowing your ass.

The shame associated with it gives them the lowest crime stats on earth.
>>
>>31839398
>>31839529
I actually kind of know a guy who owns a handgun in Japan, IIRC a USP. He may well be the only non-military/government resident foreigner in the whole country to have one.

He's filthy rich and incredibly well-connected though.

And yes, he's definitely real, he's posted multiple photos to prove it and even included his permit paperwork in a few.
>>
>>31839400
I own a .223 howa bolt action. bretty solid gun, not totally sold on the scope that got combo'd with it, but I'd recommend trying one
>>
>>31839590
"It's" definitely real, I mean.

I think he may have to store it at a range though.
>>
>>31839381
But don't you understand? The slide pieces have been folded over a thousand times.

The only thing those lights on the gun will do is to make yourself a target. You might as well wear a halo of fucking Christmas lights on your head.
>>
>>31839607
Well, that's helpful.

If SHTF, he'll have to go all the way to the range, do the proper paper work, AND then be able to use it.

Does he take a girl to the range as a first date to score some pussy or some shit?
>>
>>31838984
Can you imagine the amount of bullshit maintenance you'd have to do for that gun?

Anime really does fucking ruin everything.
>>
>>31839648
He's a rich weeb airshitter, I think he just has it because he thinks it's cool.
>>
>>31839658
The fun and fulfillment of software updating with the excitement of system freezes and crashes.

>the robber just had a knife but poor Kazukis gun had a virus and kept throwing live rounds out of the ejection port and playing chocolate rain
>>
>>31839158
If you think about it historically, most of Japan's history (after hunter-gatherer society) has been under control of military dictatorships.

Not so in America, where pioneers were encouraged by the US GUBMENT to settle as much as possible, pretty much defending themselves. Lucky that your average pioneering man was armed to the teeth with muskets, axes, and knives. If the injuns were coming, get those flintlocks prepped.

So, yeah Japan is God-Tier Cuck, but historically, the countries couldn't be any more different.

At least in S.Korea, there's a mandatory military service for kids after high school. I heard that if you want to get a job, you basically need to serve in the military, or employers will blow you the fuck off. Which means that virtually all of the able-bodied men in S.Korea have military experience in case of invasion. That's pretty fucking badass.
>>
>>31839580
What is that
>>
>>31839694
>usp

Yeah, pretty much. I wouldn't talk shit if he went with a SIG or a Glock.
>>
>>31839719
>not knowing about the greatest form of motorsport ever created

http://www.voyeurstyle.com/watch/2045/japanese-girl-rides-dildo-machine-race-cars/
>>
>>31838984
Who needs guns when have the blade.

Jews fear the Samurai.
>>
>>31839743
>illegal to carry knives in Japan
>>
>>31839759
Didn't stop the fucking lunatics that stabbed those people in Akihabara and caretaker that stabbed elderly people in the middle of the night
>>
>>31839730
just when I think I know japan, it keeps surprising me
>>
>>31839743

This >>31839759
My Japanese friend came to visit for a few weeks a while back, and one of the first things he did was buy a pocketknife and carry it everywhere because he can't do it in Japan.

Dude is pretty based actually, I never knew westaboos were a thing until I started hanging out with him. He's been trying for ages to find a job that lets him move to the US and one of the first things he wanted to do when he came here was go to the range.
>>
>>31839759
It's illegal here in Ausfailia too m8. Owning any weapon for self defence is a big no-no
(Not gonna stop me from pulling out my shotgun if there's a bump in the night tho).

>>31839950
He's not the only one that wants to move to freedomland.
So fucking sick of this country
>>
>>31839412
>one of the most solid rifles of WW2
Yes. And it's a Mauser M1916 with a dust cover and some fancy machining.
>>
>>31839712
>At least in S.Korea, there's a mandatory military service for kids after high school. I heard that if you want to get a job, you basically need to serve in the military, or employers will blow you the fuck off. Which means that virtually all of the able-bodied men in S.Korea have military experience in case of invasion. That's pretty fucking badass.

>that's not true anymore, maybe in the 80's and before
>>
How has this not gotten posted yet?
>>
File: Untitled.png (73KB, 187x225px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
73KB, 187x225px
Why the fuck don't the Japanese make awesome, cleverly engineered haircuts?
>>
>>31839712
>That's pretty fucking badass.
No, that´s indentured servitude to a fascist government that outright bans private firearms ownership. Korean commoners are worthless pieces of human garbage in the eyes of their corporate and government overlords.
>>
>>31838984
Jesus Christ I fucking hated Psycho Pass, and that gun is half of the cause.
>>
>>31839712

Turkroach here, and pretty much this >>31842871

S. Korea gets a pass for it's military service policy, if only because they're dealing with a belligerent northern neighbor who is still technically at war with them, and rattles the sabers several times every year.

But otherwise, mandatory military service is a piss poor way of maintaining your armed forces, especially when you end up having more soldiers than you know what to do with. Under such policies, the military/government usually ends up treating it's soldiers as expendable cattle.
And that's not even considering if said army can even afford to properly train and equip that many bodies.
>>
>>31839529
Last time I checked it was the Nambu type 60, so you're right. The also have thes fancy telephone cables on 'em, so they don't loose it.
>>
File: 1470371310246.gif (2MB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
1470371310246.gif
2MB, 480x300px
>>31842895
Yea, but Akane was a qt tho
>>
>>31839712
>Japan is God-Tier Cuck
>S. Korea, a country where people have it much worse than japan, is fucking badass
In South Korea you can't even legally own a gun, there is a process you can go through to use a gun and pay for a gun but even then the state owns it and just lets you use it. Even most all air guns are off the table for South Koreans as for an airgun to be legal for you to own it has to have less than .2 J at the muzzle, which even newer Nerf guns manage to pass. All that shit is before getting into all the Chinese style internet censorship where looking up how guns work is illegal. You are a fucking cuck if you think the government having that much control over your life in addition to indentured servitude for the government is "bad ass".
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.