[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Buy a safe" they said. Yeah, you'r safe is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 229
Thread images: 37

File: buyasafetheysaid.png (846KB, 852x479px) Image search: [Google]
buyasafetheysaid.png
846KB, 852x479px
"Buy a safe" they said.

Yeah, you'r safe is shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SQTS2u4HFo&t=145s
>>
File: 1475498613323.png (607KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1475498613323.png
607KB, 700x700px
>>31838511
>$100 safe made of tinfoil and sheetrock
my safe is made of slightly stronger stuff. If all you can spring for is a glorified filing cabinet, get a cheaper hobby
>>
You dont buy a safe to prevent someone with power tools and heavy machinery from getting to your valuables. You buy a safe to stop some asshole from breaking into it with a swift kick. Complaining that a safe can be broken into with heavy duty equipment is like complaining that your desk wont hold up an elephant.

If you want to protect your guns against the most you can you build a fucking bunker.
>>
>>31838582
This. No one is going to come into my house with a grinder or torch without me or one of my neighbors ending them in the act.
>>
>>31838565

> Get a cheaper hobby

Or, maybe homeowner's insurance. But selling all of your guns because some anon who fantasizes about DDR giving him super powers said so is also an option.
>>
>>31838582
this is also why you bolt your safe to wall studs or floor joists. why you put your safe some place to deny them space to swing hammers and use pry bars.
>>
>>31838632
>It's construction work next door.
>The contractors are removing the tile grout.

A circular saw cutting noise can be literally anything.
>>
That's no safe. It's an RSC. It's probably only rated to withstand minutes of attack with basic hand tools. Based on what it was designed to do, it worked normally. It would keep the kids and the curious out but fails under a determined attack.

https://www.safeandvaultstore.com/burg-ratings
>>
>>31838511
>1/4 rule

Never spend less than 1/4 the cost of what is in the safe for the safe itself.
>>
File: 1477142758343.jpg (166KB, 1256x712px) Image search: [Google]
1477142758343.jpg
166KB, 1256x712px
>>31838764
>>
>>31838817
This is retarded if you're actually storing anything valuable.

You don't need a fucking 50,000 dollar safe in your home, you're hitting bank vault territory at that point.
>>
>>31838839
What are you storing in your house that is worth 200,000 dollars?
>>
>>31838871
his virginity
>>
>>31838871
2000 dragon dildos
>>
>>31838871
50,000 cash, various jewelry, some documents I haven't actually read but assume are important.

Guns are in a separate safe actually.

It's probably less than 200,000 but it's definitely over 150,000
>>
>>31838903
So your options are simple.

Don't buy a safe for it and put it in a bank storage vault.

Buy a very expensive safe to ensure the safety of items within the safe.

Don't act retarded anon.
>>
>>31838926
>Buy a very expensive safe to ensure the safety of items within the safe.

I already did this, I was just saying that the 1/4 rule is retarded once you get past pocket change.
>>
File: 1474868111638.jpg (14KB, 321x302px) Image search: [Google]
1474868111638.jpg
14KB, 321x302px
>>31838882
We all know its free
>>
>>31838903
You're storing 50k cash? You realize you're literally losing money thanks to cash inflation, right? Jesus, if you HAVE to have material goods at least buy gold or diamonds or something. At least those have tended to appreciate in value.
>>
>>31838511
A thief is not going to sit there. Spend an hour with a sawzall.
>>
>>31838965
>Jesus, if you HAVE to have material goods at least buy gold or diamonds or something.
Because those things can easily be liquidated.

The money isn't exclusively mine, and its in case I need to buy shit, its not my savings.
>>
>>31838965
>gold
>not highly inflated or appreciating anytime in the near future
also,
>diamonds
>a store of wealth for anyone but de Beers
you're lucky to get 10% what you paid for a diamond in resale.
>>
>>31838965
This is why I spend all my money on guns and ammo.
>>
>>31838819

>It's someone breaking in.

First thought, never.
>>
>>31838999
I live in the middle of nowhere, any loud noise is DEFCON 1
>>
File: 1401915867620.jpg (45KB, 377x512px) Image search: [Google]
1401915867620.jpg
45KB, 377x512px
>>31838582
>>
>>31838975
It took them 5 minutes. Did you even watch the video?
>>
>>31838817
Not quite. The grade of safe determines how valuable the items inside will be.

>B-Rate
Up to $10,000
>B/C-Rate
Up to $20,000
>C-Rate
Up to $50,000
>TL-15
Up to $200,000
>TL-30
Up to $375,000
>TL-30X6
Up to $500,000
>TRTL-30X6
Up to $1,000,000

Cut the amounts in half if there's no alarms. That also means that a gun collection should be in at least a B-Rate safe. (1/4" steel body, 1/2" steel door. A $5,000 Liberty doesn't even meet the lowest insurance standards. You'd be better off with a "fire & burglary" B-Rate for about $2,000.

Also to note, depending on construction, many TL-15 rated safes are effectively TL-15X6 (if the door material is carried over to the sides).

>>31838871
I've got a Mosler TL-15 safe for my guns and documents. The safe was about $2K and the contents are currently about $10K. But for the price, I'd rather have it than the Amsec b-rate safe I was originally looking at.
>>
File: copper-pipes.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
copper-pipes.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>31838632
>No one is going to come into my house with a grinder or torch without me or one of my neighbors ending them in the act.

Back in 2008 after the Housing Collapse, there were two empty homes in my neighborhood up for sale right around the corner from each other, that both had all their copper plumbing cut out by burglars in one night.

Apparently the burglars busted the doorknob lock box that real-estate agents use to store front door keys and then backed their van or truck into the garage, closing the door after them so the neighbors wouldn’t suspect anything, then ripped the basement ceiling tiles down and cut out all the copper plumbing, probably using a couple of Sawzalls.

That said, a gun safe ain’t 5/8” copper plumbing and as can be seen from the video, requires a lot of noisy effort that your average smash & grab burglar ain’t going to bother with.
>>
>>31838565
There are plenty of cost effective ways to secure ones guns. If spending more on a hobby makes you feel like you are better at said hobby, you should get a more expensive hobby
>>
>>31839191
>you should get a more expensive hobby
There are few hobbies more expensive than firearms once you get to the higher levels.
>>
Personally I have this really old safe my grandpa got when he was young. I just keep booze and blankets in it thought and just let it sit in my bedroom. All my guns are in a tote under the staircase going into the attic.
>>
>>31838903
i hope only strangers on the internet know that, otherwise you're just asking for a home invasion for hire.
>>
File: 1422391697378.png (155KB, 300x468px) Image search: [Google]
1422391697378.png
155KB, 300x468px
>>31839232
Tons of people know about it, but the vast majority of them are stupidly wealthy, and the guy who owns the place has a nephew who is a firearms fetishist housesitting it.
>>
>>31839206
>few hobbies more expensive than firearms

uh, no. any number of collectibles are more expensive, not to mention boats cars and planes.
>>
File: 1465399654560.jpg (122KB, 640x948px) Image search: [Google]
1465399654560.jpg
122KB, 640x948px
>>31839217
> has a gun safe
> doesn't use it...
>>
>>31839268
Google Holland and Holland anon. Also, I didn't say that firearms were the most expensive hobby, I just said one of the most.

It's more expensive than model trains and whatever else it is people do with their time.

You can drop a shitton of cash of firearms, there is no need to "get a more expensive hobby"
>>
>>31839286
Figured they would go after the safe and not the rubber tote under the stairs.
>>
>>31839289
>Holland and Holland
40k ok. yeah it's expensive. it's also a low-mid range collector's watch.

it's not one of the most expensive hobbies, unless you're a poorfag redneck.
>>
>>31839268
Even a sesna is probably more expensive upfront cost and maintenance than your wildest nfa collection dreams
>>
File: 1407644797583.jpg (180KB, 945x945px) Image search: [Google]
1407644797583.jpg
180KB, 945x945px
>>31839352
>Even a sesna
>sesna
>>
>>31838582
You consider their equipment heavy duty?
>>
Just wait until OP finds out how easy a pro can steal his 98 civic. 0 to 60 in 25secs.
>>
>>31839352
you mean a Cessna?
>>
>>31838511
I didn't even turn on the sound and I could tell these guys are gay as fuck
>>
>>31838582
This guy gets it.
>>
>>31838565
>$100 safe
Nigga provault is like a $300 safe for an 8gun
>>
>>31839078
And what would you, the homeowner, do if an intruder spent 5 whole minutes breaking into your safe with a power saw? The effort required to get in is still way too much for your average burglar
>>
>>31839320
You're actually retarded, I'm so sorry
>>
>>31839472
Yes
>>
File: never find it here!.jpg (74KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
never find it here!.jpg
74KB, 300x225px
>>31839320
>Figured they would go after the safe and not the rubber tote under the stairs.

What makes you think they won't look there?

"Forsooth, Jayquan! Containers of a capacity capable of containing firearms, shall I continue the investigation?"
"Nay, Lemonjello! For surely there can be nothing of value in said containers worth expending the effort?"
"Indeed, let us turn our eyes away and go forth from this domicile...."
>>
>>31838965
>invest in gold and diamonds to avoid depreciation

Top fucking kek m8
>>
>>31838511
A safe is useful, tweakers don't often carry large enough crowbars, power tools, or a team of guys with them. However, ideally even a safe should be hidden, and no in a closet is not hidden.

This does go to show that there is a lot of marketing BS in the safe industry. That safe is designed to only look thick when really it's just pieces of filler covered in the same sheet metal a cheap $100 gun cabinet is made of. If you're going to spend money, make sure you know what you're spending it on.
>>
>>31839557
>Lemonjello
>>
>>31839078
>It took them 5 minutes. Did you even watch the video?

They don't bother actually timing the sawing but Uncle Normie says something about 15 or so mins.
>>
>>31839600
>A safe is useful, tweakers don't often carry large enough crowbars, power tools,
And one trip to most people's garage later, they will have at least a decent crowbar or power tool to go at it.
>>
>>31839683
And this exponentially increases the amount of time that they are spending not picking your guns up off your bed and running down the street.

Stop living in a shitty neighborhood, buy a dog, get an alarm, buy some floodlights and security cameras, and buy a god damn safe.
>>
>>31838511
>you'r
Why not split the difference, right?
>>
>>31839683
OR they can try and pawn a bunch of power tools for the 40 bucks of crack. Locks keep honest people honest. I have a safe so I know my nephew and little sister doesn't have access. They probably wouldn't do anything but I don't have to worry.
>>
Honestly you are better off building a safe room in your basement wired up to your alarm system.

A nice block wall room with decent rebar usage will block most unprofessional people with tools.

OR if you are adverse to concrete go with
>2x6 treated lumber frame sunk into concrete
>supporting cross blocks
>steel security mesh
>type x drywall
>3/4" plywood
>steel door
This will protect against cutting and most hammer work until cops show up. A professional crew or someone with actual demo experience will get through this quicker but they wont be stealing stuff before the cops show up.

>inb4 some aspie freaks out about a wood support structure
>>
Anyone have a copy of that post an engineer made in a thread about waterproof safes a month or so ago explaining why the concept was bullshit? It was autistic af but funny
>>
>>31838565
i hope you shelled out a couple thousand minimum and have it scurely bolted to the floor or youre in for a big surprise, senpai
>>
>>31838511
>Thinking a safe designed to protect your valuables from a fire is going to stop a burglar

The joke's on you, goy.
>>
The best way to protect your guns is.. with your guns

that or build a concrete wall safe with solid steel door, build it inside another closet

buy a shitty ass gun safe, leave it out obviously. bolt it to the wall, fill it with broke garbage guns,
>>
>>31839080
What's the weight on your safe? Did you have to do any building alterations to accommodate it?
>>
>>31839600
>This does go to show that there is a lot of marketing BS in the safe industry.
Holy shit this. The number of people on here with complete faith in a shitty rsc is ludicrous.
>>
>>31839683
>implying I don't also keep my tools locked up
>>
Buy fireproof safe. Acquire 3 german shepherds to watch over your house while you are not there.

>if someone kills your dogs trying to get into your safe you were fucked anyway

problem solved.
>>
>>31838582
Nailed it
>>
All these safes and other security measures do is up the cost of stealing your shit, if somebody really wants what you got, their gonna get it.
good example is in college there was a string of robberies during christmas break via googles kicking in the doors. to prevent it they reinforced the doors with steel on the knob portion, the result? only 1 room was stolen from instead of a bunch, but the thief used a saw to cut through the door.
>>
safes are like dogs

they dont necessarily stop any would be robber, but when they notice a dog is there, they figure there are lower hanging fruit.

most people who have the time/energy to break into a bolted-into-the-ground $300 safe dont tend to case the average persons house.

the safe is just added protection from your drug-crazed extended family/elliot rogers son trying to easily get your valuables.
>>
>>31841098
Honestly, not a clue on weight. Between 1000 and 2000 pounds. It's in my garage so no big deal. Got a solid garage door and no windows. Built a wood frame for the guns to rest on. It was a jewelry safe initially, after all.
>>
You guys would watch this wranglerstar video. He isn't a big gun channel or even gun oriented but his thoughts about gun safes are well layed out and make sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkT8VBBTYeQ
>>
It will still stop 99% of thefts.

If someone knows you have guns, and a safe, and really wants those guns, AND you're gone all day and they know it, then this could happen.
>>
>>31839254
Dude why would you just have 50k sitting around, and telling people about it. wtf first it's probably not even legal having 50k laying around in your place, aside from memes about it the real legal problem there is someone might think it's illicit money, second you don't know who they talk to just because they dont need it doesn't mean they dont talk to people who do and what they mention. I think you're just trolling though wanting to impress people sounding like a high roller.

Far as safes go if people can get to it they can get into it doesn't matter how much you spend on it it's a matter of how long it takes them to get in. It's not about keeping them out it's about slowing people down from getting into it. Anyone that is determined is going to get in it's just a matter of time.
>>
>>31841430
No it won't. It'll slow down a smash-and-grab, assuming that they don't know or suspect that you own guns and that you don't have appropriate tools to cut sheet steel. (Which is pretty much any tool--a drill and recip saw.)
>>
>>31838965
Diamonds are shit, the africans purposefully store them as to not crash the market and to top it off, we can grow that shit in labs.

Gold used to be tge best, but now have legit uses in electronics now.
Honestly in a crash silver, copper, lead and brass are going to be more valuable.
>>
>>31838511
Look, anything can be broken into if somebody really wants in.

You have to understand security measures mostly deter noobs and sliws down the pros.

If your gone on a month long vacation, then you are screwed, but the idea is the linger it takes for them to break in your house get to the safe and either crack it ir just steal the whole thing on a regular day, that you have time to come home and say wtf you doin before shooting them or calling the cops.

On average a 1,000 dollar safe should be your minimum for security and fire protection with the exception of gun lockers upstairs where a safe would be to heavy to install and instead is dedicated to your go to home defense weapons.

A giant gun safe in your garage is useless if the bad guys are on the lower level and you upstairs in your bedroom.
>>
>>31838819
Ig you live in suburboa and there is constant remodeling or repairs every summer you might ignore the noise. Tree trimming every fall, road construction that caltrans constantly dose the whole year, my neigbirs replacibg their roof, my other neighbor building a large tool shed and myself replacing my bathroom/showers...well there is lot's of noise and yes my neighbirhood often gets robbed by fake contractors or moving men, hence why it's goid to tslk to your neighbors and form relationships.

Obviously if you live in an area where no one has repaired a home in decades, then the sound of power tools will alarm you.
>>
If someone knows that I have a safe they need power tools to get into, and know how loud power tools are, then they would logically be doing it while I am away from the house. That would imply they have a max time of 8 hours to get into a safe.
>>
>>31838511
>Hipsters wanting to be myth busters cut open a thin gauge sheet metal bargin bin safe/locker and tell people to bury their money.

I really want that 5 minutes of my life back. I could have been on adult /gif/ and tugged one out before taking a nap.
>>
File: 1268891287892.jpg (28KB, 337x404px) Image search: [Google]
1268891287892.jpg
28KB, 337x404px
>>31841636
>Tug one out
>Five minutes
>>
>>31839017
Your first assumption should be animals.

If you've been stockpiling considerably over a short period of time, hide your dog :^)
>>
>>31839683
Which is why you should also lock up your tools.
>>
>http://www.cabelas.com/product/ProVault-Safes-by-Liberty/1321022.uts
>Steel thickness: 14 ga.

I have a low-tier safe (behind a vault door) and it has 3 mm steel, 1.5 times as thick.
>>
>>31839424
Light use < Heavy Duty < Industrial

basically anything thats not a hand tool or a weak as shit battery powered hand tool substitute id class as heavy duty.
>>
>>31839698
This. Research the neighborhoid before moving there and take proper precautions.

As a security guard, I'm baffled at how lazy and cheap most of the client's sites I work at that refuse to replace light bulbs and repair broken cameras let alone buy new lights and cameras.

I have to patrol a 2 acre RV storage motor pool depot in the pitch black save for my flash light and the headlights of the golf cart and tgey are supprised the place still gets robbed when I'm patrolling the othe side of the property.

Mean while an RV storage motorpool right next to us never get's robbed because it has lot's of overlapping light piles that have bright white lights making it almost day light and cameras are on every pole and their security guard monitors the cameras from an elevated tower controll room.

FUCK.

I asked hiw much it cost for tgeir system and all tgey did was buy like three sets of security cameras from costco so few hundred dollars keeos their business safe.
>>
>>31838511
You would have to have an insanely thick safe with maybe concrete or something in the walls to not be able to cut it with a angle grinder. Those cut even titanium just fine. And would be the best option for getting a safe open.
>>
>>31838511
there was a surveilance vid camera of a group breaking into a post office cash storage safe. they brought one of those gas powered grinders built on a chain saw used by construction companies to cut concrete and streets. cutting it open they set the office on fire basically. can't find the vid any more.
>>
>>31838965
>Jesus, if you HAVE to have material goods at least buy gold or diamonds
The market for gold has bottomed out in the last few years. If he bought in 2011 he would have lost nearly half his savings. Even worse for silver. Silver reached a high of like $38-40 and now is roughly $18
>>
File: smugruhi.jpg (170KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
smugruhi.jpg
170KB, 1920x1080px
>>31841655
>he can't tactically gooze it in 2 minutes and nap for the other 3

Too high speed for you.
>>
>>31841715
1 inche AR550 side wall thickness mate. also, a safe is supposed to be recessed into a wall so the side walls are protected by additional walls. only the front door, which is thick hardened steel in most cases should be accessible to maximize your chances..
>>
>>31839519
THey don't break in when you're home idiot.
>>
>>31841720
>The market for gold has bottomed out in the last few years. If he bought in 2011 he would have lost nearly half his savings.

insane as it may sound, buying boxed lego (as in the plastic toys with bricks like caltrops) and keeping it in storage has been a better investment in return over the last 10 years than gold.

lego. fucking lego toys.

sounds completely unbelievable, but completely true.
>>
>>31838819
Sosuke is my spirit animal.
>>
>>31838632
I guess you don't deal with scrappers, then.
>>
>>31841881
Buying Lego stock would have been even better. I know a guy who made a small mint because he bought a bunch of their stock right before the Lego Movie.

Ammo has also been a fantastic increase in price if bought and kept in storage.
>>
I wonder how hard it would be to make a concrete closet with a lot of rebar... Probably bad for humidity though...
>>
>>31841616
>Ig you live in suburboa and there is constant remodeling or repairs every summer you might ignore the noise.

Nope. Hang over the fence and bullshit with the contractors until they are tired of me giving them advice.
>>
>>31838965
>You realize you're literally losing money thanks to cash inflation, right?

Welcome to negative interest. Where the central banks are trying to dissuade people from holding cash (in bank accounts) by charging them.
>>
>>31838511
>You don't also have a home security system
>You think Cleatus is going to take his time with an angle grinder when the alarm is going off
>You think that ANY lock is meant to be any more than a delay/deterrent
Want me to tell you how I know you're an idiot?
>>
>>31838582
This. Locks are for honest people.
>>
I never understood the fixation with ultra high end safes. I just pay $100 a month for a secure off-sight storage unit. They are two hour burn rated with active suppression, have 24 hour security, and emergency backup power. They are also climate controlled. Even with a couple paintings and my unused office desk, I still have 60 some long guns in it and a box of handguns. I can probably get 30 more in if I organized it better.

As for accessibility, it is about 6 minutes from my house in light to moderate traffic.

I just keep my carry gun with me or in my dresser drawer.
>>
>>31838511
you don't know shit about safes do you ? there is no safe you could put in your house that is impossible to get into.

Same thing when people bitch about needing a *quality* padlock. Nigger, there is no padlock you can buy that's not going to take more than 2 mins for someone who wants to break it.
>>
>>31843501
>get into a coma
>wake up
>honey you remembered to pay my storage fees
>right..RIGHT!!?!
>muh gunss
>>
File: TheWhyOfKorn.jpg (23KB, 288x499px) Image search: [Google]
TheWhyOfKorn.jpg
23KB, 288x499px
>>31838903
>50,000 cash
There's no reason for this unless you're a literal criminal.
>>
>>31843541
>tfw my mother used to have over 200k in a sentry lockbox in her closet
>tfw it was all 100% legal
>tfw poorfags here don't know what it's like to be wealthy
>>
>>31843541
has nothing to do with need. its just an incredible waste of capital that is doing nothing but decreasing in value when it could be making you money passively.
>>
>>31843545
>poorfags here don't know what it's like to be a stripper
Cool story bro
>>
>>31843562
No, she actually pulled it all from my parents joint bank account over the course of about a year. Then she separated from my dad.

Sooo maybe not 100% legal to not report it but still. He's fine though. His retirement account is over 3m.
>>
>>31843545
see
>>31843559
>>
@Retarded Fucking OP. There isn't a single fuckin safe out there that is unbreakable for one. For two, obviously if you bring a damn torch into a house, you're going to cut open the safe. But the practicality of you actually bringing a torch into the place without setting something on fire, improbable. There's a reason torches aren't used inside with I don't know. Shit ton of flammable materials nearby.
>>
>>31838511
>multiple people with power tools
>still takes more than 5 minutes
Seems like a pretty good safe actually.

There is NO SAFE EVER MADE that is 100% people-proof. End of story.

If your neighborhood is so shitty that multiple people with power tools cutting open a safe in your home doesn't get someone to call the cops, fucking move because nothing you own is safe no matter what you put it in.
>>
>>31843562
You have to hand it to his mother, that is some fancy stripping to get that much cash.
>>
>>31843526
I have three next of kin that the company knows to contact if I for some reason don't pay. They are required to make contact before liquidation of the unit and I have it paid ahead a quarter.

The same thing holds true for the walk-in monstrosities people buy for dick waving. Many years ago, I worked for an auction company preparing property for the pending sales. We cut into all sorts of shit to make sure that we got every last dollar worth, even if we had to cut through 3/8th steel panels to make sure the creditors got their money.
>>
>>31843591
Strippers can make a shitload of money m8.

Ona busy night, considering a 6 hour shift:
>30 minutes on the pole
If you have 30 people watching, tipping $1 each every 5 minutes (which is stingy AF and not even the norm outside infantry bases) that's $180
>2 hours serving those nasty vodka/jello shots
Highly dependent but expect at least $100 in tips, maybe more if you let them get handsy
>2, 30 minute breaks
Zero
>3.5 hours doing lapdances
$20+ per song, average song is 3.5 minutes, expect a lapdance every 5 minutes to account for finding someone/waiting for songs to end. 42 lapdances at $20 each is $840.

So you have a GROSS income of at least $1120. You'll have to tip out between a quarter and a third of this to the bartender/barbacks/security goons, so you're now down to $739 net income on a busy night. That's $123 an hour.

Now figure a stripper will work somewhere around 20-30 hours a week, and only 2 of those 4-5 days will be a "good day" like worked out above (weekend evenings), so at 20 hours a week with an hourly average of let's say $90 that's $1800 a week. That's $93,600 a year.

Strippers are poor because they're bad with money, not because they're paid badly.
>>
>>31843663
Oh, that's also just tips.

Add an additional $9-11 hourly wage (the only thing that actually gets taxed, because you know strippers don't report their tips on their taxes even though they're supposed to.

And this isn't theoreticals either.

I worked as a bouncer/general security goon for a strip club outside Ft. Bragg for 3 years. Our good strippers were making over $200k a year take-home, and even our shitty strippers were in the $70,000+ bracket.
>>
>>31838582
yup, something like this is to keep your guns safe from children in the house and amateur smash and grab burglars.

If you want your shit secure from all theft the best and really only way to do that is to hide it so they wont find it. If it can be found it can be broken into given enough time and the right tools.

If ultimate concealment is impractical because you want access to it yourself then layered security to increase compromise time and an alarm to shorten the time they have before men with guns show up if your best bet. A large blast door to a hardened structure with a vault door will increase the time it takes even with the best tools to get inside especially with the addition of multiple lagers behind it like a heavy cage door to the interior after the vault door and then more cage doors to interior rooms or lock boxes.

We are talking full on vault at this point and those are at least hundreds of thousands of dollars to build, up to many millions.

It doesn't make much sense for most people to spend tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars to secure a dozen or so guns and whatever other things people want to secure as once the cost exceeds the value of replacement what are you really doing?
>>
>>31838565
>get a cheaper hobby
Our hobby is guns, not safes.
>>
>>31843582
One dude 5-15 minutes with an angle grinder.

That's far from >multiple dudes with power tools
>>
>>31841551

as someone who actually has a good stock of gold silver and copper i call BS. Per value silver takes up lots of space and is heavy, copper even more so. I have a good mix of all those and cash, hundreds and twenties.

Think of it like this, gold ounce coins are thousand dollar bills, silver one ounce rounds are twenties and copper rounds are fives. Yea I know its not a perfect conversion and muh gold is going to 50,000/oz memes aside this is the idea.

At the end of the day, having just a wad of hundreds or an ounce of gold or a sleeve of silver coins puts you ahead of the vast majority of the world in savings.
>>
>>31843750
Okay, why the fuck do you actually have copper? I assumed it was a meme but apprently people are this fucking retarded.
>>
File: blingcat.jpg (273KB, 1896x1066px) Image search: [Google]
blingcat.jpg
273KB, 1896x1066px
keeping two indoor lights on a randomized timer so that one is always on, paired with a garage inside your fence line, and motion lights everywhere is much better security than anything else. keeps potential burglars guessing.
>>
>>31843787
The only copper I stockpile is wrapped around lead
>>
>>31843663
>Strippers are poor because they're spending it on cocaine
ftfy
>>
>>31843849
Or they would guess it when no one steps out of the house for two days, the social media account connected to the person who owns it has a bunch of geotagged locations a couple hundred miles away with nice vacation photos and no one has bad enough insomnia to randomly get up and look in thier garage at 3 in the morning every day.

>>31843864
Why not just say bullets then?
>>
>>31841521
>I think you're just trolling though wanting to impress people sounding like a high roller.

Read the post carefully, it's not my money.

The reason the money is there is for halfway SHTF and other emergencies where money still has value but banks are hard to access and common material goods have increased in cost.
>>
>>31843876
I would consider that a part of "bad with money"

And it's meth around Ft. Bragg.
>>
>>31843787

I bought some sleeves of copper coins because I liked the design and just to have them.
>>
>>31839352
is really not. your standard cessna 172 can be had for like 20-75k depending on age, engine condition etc. its the fuel and maintenance that eats you up over te long term.

small aircraft arent cheap, but they arent as expensive as people tend to think as long as you keep away from jets or turboprops.

t. amateur pilot
>>
>>31843890
>Why not just say bullets then?
Because I'm a different person than the one you were replying too.

You know, it would be nice if there were a way to ID ones self from another on here.
>>
>>31843663
>>31843694
Can confirm, Vegasfag here

my hot weird female friends that strip work like one day a week and have enough money to live comfortably on.

PLUS here there are a ton of "private parties" ie some rich foreigner pays a handful of his favorite strippers like $900 cash for one night of partying and giving lapdances

PLUS... come on. They suck a little dick on the side. Not alot, but some. If the guy is super rich and not THAT bad looking, they'll do it. It'll cost ya like $400+ though
>>
Concealment is the ultimate protection. Know where I keep my guns when I go on vacation?

In a cardboard box labeled "X-MAS STUFF" under a bunch of doilies and lights and themed blankets.

I used to think to drain the tank on my toilet and put them in there (in a plastic bag of course), but I read too many stories of a robber taking a quick shitter break during a B&E
>>
>>31839254
DUDE.

If you are holding a take that's worth more than your average armored car job, and the only protection is some asshole's CoD playing nephew, you are practically begging for someone to pull a job on you.

Fuck, I kind of want to rob you now
>>
>>31841881
Collectors stuff sells for good money
I resell things I get from comic con for a tiny profit. Kind of sad that I only started focusing on reselling because doing anything fun at comic con is a pain in the ass now.
>>
File: DIAF.jpg (238KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
DIAF.jpg
238KB, 600x600px
>>31844110
You really are scum.
You, and people like you are why we can't have nice things.
Your literal human detritus
Please, remove yourself
>>
>>31844126
Tidy, not tiny. I make a good amount even after all the costs (hotel, badge, etc)
>>
>>31844131
>muh morality ;_; all this paper is MINE because I SAY SO
Woah, slow it down with all the ghost stories there, bucko. You think your brand of theft is better than my brand because yours has extra steps involved?
>>
more of a QTDDTOT but since we are talking about safes, a friend of mine brought this up as a "crazy enough it might work" idea

On a scale of 1-10 how dumb would it be to cast some convincingly heavy (lead) fake gold bars to store in a safe along with documents, guns, etc.

The thought would be that if someone gains access during a smash & grab that's the first & heaviest thing they're gonna try to run with, giving your guns and documents etc a better chance of being left behind.

It kinda makes sense because they are heavy as fuck & worth extreme amounts of money (if they're real).

Counterpoint would be if thieves have access you're probably fucked anyways. Either you're ded, they have enough time to clean you out entirely, or they haven't had to brute force it (you left it open or left the default pass code on an electronic one enabled).

Sounds to me like it wouldn't work, but I found it interesting enough to be worth mentioning.
>>
>>31838511
>you'r
Fuck you here's your (you)
>>
>>31844275
It would be dumb for the reasons mentioned but I am petty enough that I will do this.
>>
>>31844282
Typo
noun ty·po \ˈtī-(ˌ)pō\
: a mistake (such as a misspelled word) in typed or printed text
>>
File: 1443792958335.jpg (230KB, 1200x962px) Image search: [Google]
1443792958335.jpg
230KB, 1200x962px
>>31844222
That's a lot of projecting.
I'm saying that your mindset is literally barbaric.

Trying to say that I steal in more complicated ways and think it's okay because it's complicated is really untoward.

Why does everything have to be about getting over on the other guy?
>>
File: 1476012815417.gif (631KB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
1476012815417.gif
631KB, 460x259px
>>31844110
>and the only protection is some asshole's CoD playing nephew
Wow rude, I only play good games like Ghost Recon.

Also it's all in the fuckhuge safe I previously mentioned, theres a fairly complex security system that I designed, and I have a lot of guns and know how to use them. By all means, try to rob me, I'm getting bored with shooting steel targets and clays.
>>
>>31843545
You want a fucking trophy?
>>
>>31838511

Ideally, the thinner side walls will be flanked by cabinets or a corner or something else that prevents them from being immediately accessed. Much like a tank, most of a safe's thickness is concentrated in the front because the front is the only thing you're meant to expose.
>>
>>31844533
>not framing your (You)s

Mother knows I am a winner and that is all that matters
>>
>>31838812
>fails under determined attack

so did germany.

everything fails under "determined attack" if you hit it hard enough.

there are levels of protection and as previously mentioned RSCs are good for the attack or fire within their rating

you dont buy a $100 safe to protect a $50,000 collection and you dont need a $10,000 safe to protect a mosin.
>>
>>31843849
lewd
>>
>>31839610
It's really not that much of a stretch if you spell it like L'mongello which isn't beyond the stupid shit I've encountered here in the south
>>
>>31838511
i have a safe i didn't put anything inside.
i figured while the burglars dick around with the big mean metal box there is a chance they get caught and won't look elsewhere for the money.
>>
>>31838565
no matter how tough your safe is an angle grinder will cut it fast enough.
>>
File: 5132541231.gif (59KB, 368x200px) Image search: [Google]
5132541231.gif
59KB, 368x200px
>>31844058
>Nobody will ever find that when their smashing the place up for fun since they couldn't find anything valuable
>>
>>31843501
I work at a "secure" storage site...it still get's robbed.
>>
>>31841730
There is a reason why froglube is popular.
>>
File: 876tyr.jpg (34KB, 433x513px) Image search: [Google]
876tyr.jpg
34KB, 433x513px
>>31841730
>He can't jerk off while sleeping
Loling at your life
>>
>>31839254
It's fun to lie on the internet huh?
>>
File: 1378693439681.jpg (101KB, 424x470px) Image search: [Google]
1378693439681.jpg
101KB, 424x470px
>>31846958
>almost an entire day later the joke is still going over people's heads.

Fucking read the chain of posts, I am that nephew jesus fuck. Why the fuck would I be proud of other people's wealth?
>>
>>31845518
Mine has had two break-ins in the time of the current ownership. Both were stopped by security and no individual units were entered. The gas station across the street from my house gets robbed at least once a week and is at the point of using bullet-proof boxes for the cashiers.

I have more confidence in them than any safes or McVaults that I have seen and I am not spending $20,000 getting a personal bunker.
>>
File: 1460570847053.jpg (48KB, 960x918px) Image search: [Google]
1460570847053.jpg
48KB, 960x918px
>>31841656
goddamn rats hiding in the walls practicing their metalcutting.
>>
>>31841616
>caltrans

Commiefornian detected, opinion discarded
>>
>>31845593
>He doesn't spend every moment of every day cumming
>>
What would be the most impregnable safe barring the use of explosives? I'm thinking a concrete room.
>>
>>31848165
The Marianas Trench.
>>
>>31847375
Ghettonigger detected.

In civilized places, there's always something bullshit improvements going on. Sorry, Jamal.
>>
>>31847375
Sorry I don't like in chicago where the only sound you hear is ghost farts.
>>
How possible is it to fabricate your own safe?

I'm assuming there would be door kits or something you can buy, and then build the container out of whatever non-shit material your heart desires
>>
>>31848366
Probably won't be able to declare it on your insurance for that but maybe, the hardest and most complex part is the door but I doubt they sell any decent ones seperatly.
>>
>>31843890
>using social media
>>
File: 22lr_stockpile.jpg (342KB, 1561x876px) Image search: [Google]
22lr_stockpile.jpg
342KB, 1561x876px
>>31845336
I used to think that "La-a" name, pronounced "Ladasha" was one of those BS stories from the chain emails my dad forwards.

Then one day a girl named Ladasha came into the store I worked at, and when I saw her ID it was actually spelled "La-a".

I've heard of La*a, pronounced "Lastara", too.
>>
>>31838511

I talked with a locksmith I know about safes, they sell them. In general, gun safes are shit. They rarely even test for fire rating, they gust stack Sheetrock and add up the UL fire rating for the Sheetrock, which is not correct.

So, you can spend retarded money for an actual good gun safe or do what he told me to do. Buy a regular safe ad put guns in it. I bought my gun safe used from a jewelry store off of craigslist. It's made fo steel and special concrete, the thing weights 800+ lbs if I remember correctly. We took the door off to move it. Has an S&G lock and is REALLY fire rated.
>>
>>31838511
No shit you can break into a cheap safe with the angle grinder in my garage. A safe is just a deterrent unless you're willing to spend a ludicrous amount of money on a bank vault. Buy a safe to reduce the chance of nogs stealing stealing your guns after they break into your house.
>>
>>31848366
Yes, or at least it was. At one point you could buy kits with pre-cut panels and pre-fab safe doors. Elephant is the only company I specifically remember.
>>
Any safe/lock is just a timer. If someone wants in, they will get in.

The good news is most robberies are smash & grab. Keep your safe hidden or extremely awkward to get too. Also OPSEC like a motherfucker.
>>
Is a tubular-shaped safe more structurally sound than a rectangular safe?
>>
>>31845336
>It's really not that much of a stretch if you spell it like L'mongello

That's how his brother, O'rangejello spells his name.
>>
File: Windsor Ballet.jpg (76KB, 526x566px) Image search: [Google]
Windsor Ballet.jpg
76KB, 526x566px
>>31843663
>You'll have to tip out between a quarter and a third of this to the bartender/barbacks/security goons

Strippers pay the titty bar owner to dance there.
>>
>>31844033
>$400 for a blowy joey
shit, the fine looking Asians with absolutely nothing wrong with them will do that for $80 down the street at the "massage parlor"
>>
File: 1449347499627.png (62KB, 336x335px) Image search: [Google]
1449347499627.png
62KB, 336x335px
>>31838582
It's the principle of the thing. That safe and others like it cost hundreds of dollars, but aren't much more secure or well built than a filing cabinet. The video shows that it's basically sheet metal with a sheet rock lining.

That's not a safe.
>>
File: Vault-Door-365px.png (224KB, 365x523px) Image search: [Google]
Vault-Door-365px.png
224KB, 365x523px
the only solution
>>
>>31841881
This

I tried finding my nephew Harry Potter legos a year or so after the last movie.
That shit was double the price!
>>
>>31838511
all the guys in that video are very effeminate with feminine voices. Is this what passes for a man these days?
>>
>>31843787
My with had one with the name trashy
It was spelled like Tra shy or something.

But they pronounced it trashy!

BLM people! Just not to them.
>>
File: gun safes.jpg (620KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
gun safes.jpg
620KB, 1632x1224px
>>31850046
> The video shows that it's basically sheet metal with a sheet rock lining.

The video shows them using an angle grinder to loudly and laboriously cut into the safe.

And as has been repeatedly pointed out; NOTHING is 100% secure, it is all about putting multiple “roadblocks” in the way of a burglar to delay him and encourage him to leave with what he’s got or even abandon the break-in attempt altogether.

Given enough time and effort, _any_ safe can be defeated but the vast majority of break-ins are quick smash & grabs carried out by Basketball Americans whose #1 fear is being discovered in the house by an enraged homeowner armed with a gun.

If you own guns, you are a moron if you do not also have a gun safe.
>>
File: the only solution.jpg (374KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the only solution.jpg
374KB, 1920x1080px
>>31838511
there is only one way to protect muh guns
>>
>>31838582
Winner, winner, chikn dinner!

Honestly, the safe is to slow down cockwaffles who break into your home till A. Cops get there to arrest them or B. You get there to kill them.
>>
>>31844058

>x-mas stuff
>not school supplies
>>
>>31838710
Good logic
>>
>>31850994
Safe safe?
>>
>>31850994
and inside that safe?

one necklace.
>>
>>31841551

What?

Gold has been used in electronics for AGES. Besides, even if the economy crashes and they stop making electronics - I highly, highly doubt that will outweigh the increase in the value of gold as people rush to shift their stocks and cash and shit into something else.
>>
Unless you have a kid, I don't see why you need a safe. And even then, a secure lockbox will most definitely suffice.

If anything, a safe's only needed for ammunition.
>>
>>31838565
it was a $530 safe. they showed it on the video
>>
>>31839571
well he has the right idea, but yea everything is subject to random(ish) fluctuations.
>>
>>31838511
>made in the USA
>>
>>31843515
How about that 900$lock that was shown on demolitionranch
>>
>>31839206

You mean the ammo costs... I blow multiples of my gun retail costs on ammo.
But still the guy who has the hobby of boating next door spends about eight times what I do on his hobby. The fishing neighbor guy spends more than me on his hobby. Guns are not a very expensive hobby. Even a three gun weekend is cheaper than taking the boat out of the marina for the weekend.
>>
>>31851516
Dindus! B&Es happen everyday in every city.
They robbed my aunts house while my cousin was still in it.
Funny story
> my aunt leaves to run errands
> my 20 something cousin hops in the shower
> aunt left the garage door open in a nice suburb (no dindus)
> mean while a mini van full of dindus is cruising the burbs looking for houses to rob.
> they spot a house with the garage open and no cars.
> game on
> they walk in and start grabbing shit
> my cousin gets out of the shower and hears voices not his mom and dad.
> grabs a huge gill hibben knife his grandad left him
> runs screaming downstairs with it
> dindus drop everything and run like hell
> we have nice long conversation about knife vs gun fights and he promises not to do anything that stupid again.
> he also buys a gun as soon as he moves out
My aunt is seriously anti gun but she votes republican so I forgive her.
>>
>>31839126
I never liked those front door key boxes, might as well just hang the keys on the door.
>>
>Destructive entry

W
E
W

L
A
D
>>
File: IMG_5570.jpg (70KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5570.jpg
70KB, 750x1000px
This is a safe folks.
>>
My house was broken in to while I lived in south Florida. My $1k safe saved my guns. They tried to open it, but only scratched the paint at the door edge. They got all my electronics, wife's jewelry, my rolex, a cheap revolver, a couple of wall hangers, and a bird, but the guns in the safe stayed put.
>>
File: Untitled - 1.jpg (201KB, 1094x548px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled - 1.jpg
201KB, 1094x548px
>>31852385
Just bought this for 1500
>>
File: 01212_7SYce6T4Yt4_1200x900.jpg (43KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
01212_7SYce6T4Yt4_1200x900.jpg
43KB, 675x900px
>>31852594
And my old safe
>>
>>31850677
>just go through the wall
>>
>>31852519
>and a bird
what?
>>
>>31841881
a 10 year holding on gold is about double. You can really do better than that on lego ?
>>
File: old computer 492.jpg (1006KB, 2080x1544px) Image search: [Google]
old computer 492.jpg
1006KB, 2080x1544px
>>31852632

this one. female eclectus
>>
>>31852687
Legos might not be long term but you can probably double your money inside five years.
>>
>>31852717
they stole your pird? or did they kill it?
>>
>>31852616
>implying that that's a normal wall
>>
>>31841707
>work security at truck terminal
>gate doesn't work, it's open all the time
>not even sure if the cameras work, I don't get to use them
>bright ass lights that only really cover the areas where trucks are
>fence surrounding the property is unlit but has these weird posts with lights on them that I have no idea what they are
>so far I've only ever seen rabbits
>>
File: IMG_5569.jpg (69KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5569.jpg
69KB, 750x1000px
>>31852385
If any ohiofags are interested. HGR surplus in Cleveland has a couple of double door safes for about a grand each. That's where I found pic related.
Now I just need $1000.
>>
>>31852687
look up 10179
>retail was $500 in 2007
>NIB goes for thousands on ebay
>>
File: IMG_5571.jpg (81KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5571.jpg
81KB, 1000x750px
>>31852782
Pull out domes shelves and add some felt and it's good to go!
>>
>>31843890
>the social media account connected to the person who owns it has a bunch of geotagged locations a couple hundred miles
what kind of shitty opsec are you practicing?
if at all, you upload shit when you get back and make sure you've removed geotags
>>
>>31852743
Stolen. They took a small cage to carry her in. It made the news in miami. My exwife freaked out completely, she never got over it. I have the video, but not sure how to post it.
>>
>>31852885
is the bird valuable? seems cruel and niggerish.
>>
How much do you people spend on guns to need a safe for it?
>>
>>31852953
>Noguns detected.

Ive got about $6000 in guns. And I'm a cheapfag so that translates into about 20 guns.
My buddy's dad has a matched set of lefever doubles worth about $20,000.
That two guns!
>>
>>31838511
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltK-bDbADa8
Someone posted this video a long time ago. I've learned a lot since then but still, I return to this video to remember the difference between buying something to invest in something.
>>
>>31853076
Yeah that was me.

I'm OP btw
>>
>>31848418
>>31850900
>trusting women with opsec
Unless you are alone. In which case why bother going on vacation.
>>
>Have saferoom reinforced and fitted with blowout panels to outside of house
>Keep interior of room filled with a mix of unscented natural gas and pure oxygen
>Power tools/saws/etc = burnt burglar
>>
>>31853203
>burglar saws into wall
>3 blocks are leveled
>>
File: gun lab-01.jpg (304KB, 1500x996px) Image search: [Google]
gun lab-01.jpg
304KB, 1500x996px
>>31853203
> not planting a stone burner under the Ixian no-globe containing your gun lab
>>
File: gun lab-02.jpg (1MB, 1500x996px) Image search: [Google]
gun lab-02.jpg
1MB, 1500x996px
>>31853459
>>
File: gun lab-03.jpg (76KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
gun lab-03.jpg
76KB, 1024x680px
>>31853469
>>
>>31852898
Think I paid about a grand for her. It was cruel. Absolutely destroyed my wife
Thread posts: 229
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.