[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you avoid being fucked by arrows in the past and what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20160915_073018.jpg (45KB, 520x435px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160915_073018.jpg
45KB, 520x435px
How would you avoid being fucked by arrows in the past and what are the best ways to protect from them ?
Ancient warfare thread.
>>
File: 1410604317844.jpg (103KB, 450x529px) Image search: [Google]
1410604317844.jpg
103KB, 450x529px
>>31831163
Mail and plate armor, mantlets.
>>
File: Scutum.jpg (138KB, 600x558px) Image search: [Google]
Scutum.jpg
138KB, 600x558px
Use a big shield
>>
>>31831264
Would the arrow pearce the shield
>>
>>31831163
Mail and Gambeson combo will do the job for most arrows, but only plate will keep you 100% safe.
>>
I heard somewhere that arrows were mostly fired up in volleys like artillery, but that was from a documentary or something about the Hundred Years' War, don't know if the tactics were different in the ancient period.

If they weren't much different, maybe being in a forest would help, the forest canopy could get the arrows tangled up and slow their velocity.
>>
Zigzag. The targeting AI will aim in front of you and will miss most times.

Or use Protect From Missiles prayer.
>>
File: plumbatae -thrown.jpg (110KB, 979x500px) Image search: [Google]
plumbatae -thrown.jpg
110KB, 979x500px
The best way not to get fucked by bowmen is not to get in their line of sight. Sure, if you're some sort of peasant conscript then you're fucked since Shiny will be pushing you and your kith exactly there but if you've got a name then you have some agency.

Cover, concealment, not being there, and low visibility are you friends.

What you really have to look out for, if you aren't retarded, are thrown missiles. Even a fist sized rock can fuck you up for life. You never know when MacSheepShlag will pull out a wardart out of his ass and throw it at you.
>>
I would invent the gun and protect myself from arrows by making them obsolete.
>>
>>31831390
Try doing that in a battle of hundreds. You'll just die. The only way to live is to betray Mr.Braveheart let the English rule you as they please.
>>
>>31831388
>Protect From Missiles
My nigga
>>
>>31831407
Like I said, don't be a footman.
Also, clobber people in the dark. Better if you don't want to die from an arrow.
>>
File: dhm514.jpg (38KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
dhm514.jpg
38KB, 400x300px
>>31831163
By inventing the musket and bayonet
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.