[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inna forest fishing by bank, hear rustling see this, what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

Inna forest fishing by bank, hear rustling

see this, what do is 15 yards out.
>>
15 rounds of hard cast 10mm to the head. Hopefully he thinks it is a swarm of bees stinging him and wanders off to find honey.
>>
>>31830782
Shoot it. If I'm not within arms reach of my rifle for whatever reason (I wouldn't be) then I grab my forest axe off my pack, if that's out of reach then I go for my knife on my belt, if I don't have that for whatever reason I crab a decent rock hopefully with a sharp corner, if it's a sandy river bank and not a rocky one then I put as much sand in my pockets as possible then pocket sand the son of a bitch.
>>
>>31830782
Well i have a great pyr, and bears hate them.

So either stand my ground and see if it pussys out, or shoot it if it keeps coming.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RVkv5mVVA1k
>>
>>31830818
Wew, that was a fairly thin brown bear, they lucked that that bear didn't decide to risk it
>>
>>31830888
Bears are pussies though. They'll pretty much back off in 99% of cases, unless you're standing between cubs and the mother, or they're wounded.
>>
File: 1398339314585.png (256KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1398339314585.png
256KB, 500x500px
>>31830888
>>31830912
Also, the fact that it rose on its hindlegs is a pretty certain sign that it's just interested and is almost certainly not going to attack or be a threat.
>>
>>31830912
Black bears, sure... Brown bears, especially starving Marvin brown bears, are more likely to be aggressive.
>>
File: karhu.jpg (44KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
karhu.jpg
44KB, 640x425px
>>31830917
Nah, black bears are by far the more aggressive and if they attack they're likely to be predating. The only reason they aren't a big threat is because they're so small. Even adult brown bears will be vary or afraid of a man. Most of their charges are bullshit meant to scare you off, because they themselves are scared.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtC14cpwwXg
>starving Marvin brown bears
Which are almost certainly wounded or diseased, which as I said, make them far more dangerous. An ordinary healthy brown bear is unlikely to be a threat and will not starve in a natural environment.
>>
>>31830818
>that music
what
>>
>>31830782
Weird, I just woke up from a dream similar to that
Spoopy
>>
>>31830930
>Which are almost certainly wounded or diseased
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Treadwell

> Treadwell chose to set his campsite near a salmon stream where grizzlies commonly feed in autumn. Treadwell was in the park later in the year than usual,[2] at a time when bears struggle to gain as much fat as possible before winter, and limited food supplies cause them to be more aggressive than in other months. Food was scarce that fall, causing the grizzly bears to be even more aggressive than usual.
>Treadwell was to leave the park at his usual time of year but extended his stay a week in an effort to locate a favorite female brown bear.
>The bears he had been used to during the summer had already gone into hibernation, and bears that Treadwell did not know from other parts of the park were moving into the area. Some of the last footage taken by Treadwell, hours before his death, includes video of a bear diving into the river repeatedly for a piece of dead salmon. Treadwell mentioned in the footage that he did not feel entirely comfortable around that particular bear.
>The next day, October 6, Willy Fulton, the Kodiak air taxi pilot, arrived at Treadwell and Huguenard's campsite to pick them up but found the area abandoned, except for a bear, and contacted the local park rangers. The couple's mangled remains were discovered quickly upon investigation. Treadwell's disfigured head, partial spine, and right forearm and hand, with his wristwatch still on, were recovered a short distance from the camp. Huguenard's partial remains were found next to the torn and collapsed tents, partially buried in a mound of twigs and dirt. A large male grizzly (tagged Bear 141) protecting the campsite was killed by park rangers during their attempt to retrieve the bodies. A second adolescent bear was also killed a short time later, when it charged the park rangers. An on-site necropsy of Bear 141 revealed human body parts such as fingers and limbs.
>>
>>31831014
Yeah, he spent literally decades working with those bears and none of them gave him any trouble before that.
>>
>>31831027
And then a brown bear killed him because she was hungry
>>
File: 1415586278359.jpg (543KB, 720x900px) Image search: [Google]
1415586278359.jpg
543KB, 720x900px
>>31831035
Yeah, a one in a thousands occurence, by an unfamiliar bear that was still desperately hunting whilst others had gone into hibernation. Doesn't really prove anything about the general aggression of bears.
> In the 85-year history of Katmai National Park, this was the first known incident of a person's being killed by a bear.
>>
>>31831014
I can't bear it when people joke about this it's completely un bear able
>>
>>31831014

>Don't trust those new bears over there
>>
>>31831054
>>
>>31831203
Holy crap did someone get fired over this?
>>
File: 1400101459108.jpg (41KB, 361x584px) Image search: [Google]
1400101459108.jpg
41KB, 361x584px
>>31831203
>>
draw my .454 casull and shoot myself in the face
>>
Stand your ground. Its counterintuitive because your body is screaming at you to run when a bear charges, but the bear will outrun you.

This saved my life once.

Now, a shark attack in the ocean, there is nothing you can do. Accept death I was surfing when a dorsal fin popped up and headed straight at me. "This is the end" It was a dolphin.
>>
>>31830782
deploy METAL GEAR COCK and get me some bear puss
>>
>>31830888
Pyrs were bread to fuck with bears.

Funny thing is they dont actually fight them, just harrass them till they fuck off. They are too big to not be a nonthreat, but to fast to get caught. They also havr a few things to nigger their way out of shit if they get caught up in a bears mouth. Very loose skin, and a fuckton of scruff around their neck means you can't really choke them out with your jaw.

I cant stress how much they dont "fight" the bears. The fuckers just dont bite. They will snap and snarl if they are pissed, but thats it. (Had an unfixed grumpy male, would sound fucking vicious when he was in trouble, but would never bite me. (This was later in his life, the other 20 or so i have had never even whimpered at me, they are good dogs with family)

Livestock protection is what they are built for, and they do it well. They are just full retard at everything else. Wont fucking listen for shit if they think they are protecting. Good personalitys though.

This video shows how much of a fuck pyrs give about the size of whatever they think is a threat, and how they deal with said threats.

Tldr: pyrs are natures shitposters, and its highly effective.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eSQjzmfrIxk
>>
>>31831813
That's just ordinary hunting dog behaviour though. All good dogs are fearless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNs4tLRDqmA
>>
>>31831860
Normal dogs will lock up with other dogs (or whatever). Your right, but missed my point. Pyrs wont fight. If they get in a dog fight, they will bark and dance, but wont attack. If they get locked up on, they will focus on getting out, not fighting back.

Some hunting dogs do this too, fox hounds especially, but for is size its rare.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.