[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone who's been in the army: can you tell us what the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: oshit.jpg (613KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
oshit.jpg
613KB, 1920x1080px
Anyone who's been in the army: can you tell us what the worst MREs are and why?
Pic not related
>>
>>31816148

People's tastes differ and some people like something that most people don't. In my experience, the worst MRE are the ones that try to be Mexican food. Also dishes that are loaded up on cheese product make my system float a valve.
>>
>>31816148

All you need to know is that the Navy gets the gravy and the Army gets the beans.
>>
Armyfag here, recently ETS'd

Worst MRE from the new menus?
Probably the Stir Fry one, can't remember the exact name
I also was never a fan of the pork rib/sausage/etc
I'm not a muslim, I just don't really like pork

I did onetime have one of the "Vomlette" MRE's on a range once, I started retching as soon as I put it in my mouth. The Halal MRE's are pretty bad too.
>>
Anyone who complains about food is probably not very hungry.
>>
taco beef is pretty bad, beef brisket is dogshit
>>
>>31816148
>What?
Egg.
>why?
It's like eating a yellow dish sponge.
>>
>>31817388
Taco MRE's got me thru NTC
And I ate beef brisket every meal for a week..I loved it for a few days then it got old.

The worst MRE in my opinion is any of the pastas. The sauce leaves a burning in my stomach, just pure acid and the flavor and burn creep up my throat all day.

I also hate first strike bars, but boy do I love the stickers.

The best to me is the tuna, taco, beef brisket, and asian stirfry
>>
>>31816148
Why Armyfags? I was in the Marines. Taste the MRE from my cum.
>>
>>31816461
Man gravy
>>31817377
dubs guy get it. STFU and eat your beans boot, tomorrow we die.
>>
>>31816148
Country. Captain. Chicken.
Or anything breakfast.
>>
MREs taste better than high priced camping meals you get in places like REI
>>
Spicy stuff and pasta. Well, more specifically, the pasta sauce.
>>
>>31816148
The jambalaya is fucking bad
>>31817391
Eggs were bad too
And >>31817377
Didnt complain much because it just opens u up to be made fun of
>>
itt fags that just buy the mres and eat them to feel tacticool
>>
They were all ok but I hated the tuna one because of the gross tasting mayonnaise shit
>>
File: 5261719.jpg (72KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
5261719.jpg
72KB, 700x525px
The omelette is the worst, I could tolerate Capt Crunchy Chicken if I whored it up with every condiment imaginable.
>>
>>31821393
You have grandma hands.
>>
>>31821256
mountain house >>>>>>> MRE's
>>
>>31821405
Lol, those are not my hands, I google image searched for that. Oddly enough it pulled up under this link:

http://www.mreinfo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3966

The topic? "Worst of the Worst: Egg Omelet vs Country Capt Chicken"
>>
>>31816148
Retired: Frankfurters, veg omelette.

A lot of people hated the Country Captain Chicken, but I thought it was delicious.

I have no idea how anybody could stomach the wheat snack bread.
>>
>>31816148
Not an mre but the milkshakes they had. I thought they were pretty good at first but shitting your guts out wasn't.
>>
>>31821422
>wheat snack bread
I loved this, I would scalp any I could get my hands on and keep them on me for a lil snack.

Another favorite was the extremely rare cheese with BACON. Regular? Sure, all day. Jalapeno? Less common than regular but still able to be found. Bacon? Fuck, I think I found 4 in 6 years in Iraq.
>>
>>31821478
It just fit into a weird space for me where it wasn't dry like a cracker but was too dense to be a proper bread.
>>
>>31816148
Anything with the prefix "Veggie" or suffix "Omelette".
>>
>>31822243
Agreed, I've never been able to put into words why I disliked it.
>>
>>31822243
Like a biscuit?
>>
>>31819389
>http://www.mreinfo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3966
>>31821393
>>31821421
>>31821422
CCC has been out of the menu for ages now, right? I'm kinda sad, always wanted to try it and see what all the controversy was about.

My gut says that a lot of the people who hate it just aren't used to curry flavors, and I can imagine hating them if your first experience is in shitty processed shelf-stable form.
>>
>>31823024
Shit, didn't mean to include that link in there, I kind of hate how 4chan automatically includes highlighted text in quotes now.
>>
>>31822859
No flakeyness or crumble. Just super-dense bread.
>>
File: fitness-bread1.jpg (32KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
fitness-bread1.jpg
32KB, 320x320px
>>31823272
Like fitness bread?
>>
File: 13933240ct[1].jpg (68KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
13933240ct[1].jpg
68KB, 800x600px
>>31823331
More like if the entire loaf was dried-out heel piece.
>>
>>31816148
Veggie omelet.
>>
>>31816148
worst is pork sausage, best is chili mac. Honestly though after a long shitty patrol just mix the ingredients together and then they all taste like heaven.
>>
>>31823506
It's good with cheese spread. Honestly, there's no real equivalent in standard food. It's like they baked bread one big slice at a time in a mold, then compressed it.

Sauce: eating through a 10yr old crate of them MREs now
>>
>>31816148

Fucking tuna bean pasta.
>>
>>31821478
>cheese with bacon

Still more common than the elusive chocolate peanut butter
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.