/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the deadliest position in the US military? What is the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: tTbVADXvrWQpyba6AWAGueIrSbr.jpg (193KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tTbVADXvrWQpyba6AWAGueIrSbr.jpg
193KB, 1920x1080px
What is the deadliest position in the US military?
What is the deadliest position for each branch?
Basically
>if I become x will I die thread
Seems to be the one question the recruiters won't answer and the veterans won't talk about
>>
>>31814426
Fucking simple, infantry.
>>
Because it's a really, really, really stupid question
>>
>>31814437
Obviously, but OP's question is more complex than that

It's been debated that joining a higher form of service that has better trained soldiers (ie Rangers) would have a lower fatality rate than enlisted men despite engaging in more dangerous missions
Personally I think it's bs considering how few higher special forces there are
>>
>>31814426
Bomb defuser
>>
File: anon is a dummy.png (127KB, 843x648px) Image search: [Google]
anon is a dummy.png
127KB, 843x648px
Gee I wonder how a guy could find this answer. Nobody will talk about, write about, or even give hints about what it might be.
>>
>>31814426
there are many many many POG jobs you can get that wont get you killed OP
>>
File: pogue.png (10KB, 639x155px) Image search: [Google]
pogue.png
10KB, 639x155px
>>31814983
>POG
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 764x511px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 764x511px
>>31814426
>ywn calmly walk up and down the line screaming "FIX BAYONETS" to your men as artillery falls around you
:/
>>
Ball turret gunner
>>
>>31815177
Tail gunner would be more dangerous desu.
>>
EOD.

But it's probably some blacks ops shit no one will find out about for another 50+ years.
>>
Artillery spotter
>>
>>31814426
Recruiter.
>>
At one point there was an MOS for the guys who were supposed to guard Atomic Demolition Munitions until right before they went off. 12E, I think.
>>
>>31815271
At least the tail gunner won't be streak of blood on the runway if there is an emergency landing
>>
>>31814426
So you want to get killed, that it OP?
>>31814849
A very subjective question.

Depends on many variables
--Time of potential deployment (you are looking largely safe at present), unless shit in the ME goes more retarded than present. I don't see WW3 anytime in the near future.

--AO (Area of Operation) your unit/occupational specialty. Being Infantry, EOD, or an engineer (etc..) does mean shit if you are deployed to a quite AO.

A few others variables, but I am drunk. The thing you really want to consider OP is the fatality rate in U.S. Military combat operations as a whole.

If anything you are playing a much more complicated odds-game in which you would have to serve multiple tours with the potentiality of getting killed.

Sometimes you get lucky/unlucky, depending on point of view. I joined as cavalry scout, thought I'd do twenty or die trying. Wounded in IED first tour, medically retired.

I don't know if you are joining for the sole reason of getting killed, but you are more likely of wasting your time in such a pursuit or just getting your body broken.
>>
>>31815143
>civilian detected
>>
>>31814426
Excluding pilots?

Army: SF
Marines: SF
Navy: Divers followed by SF. Submariner if you want to go for a posting
Air Force: Probably SF or those JTAC dudes
>>
File: wojak hug.png (4KB, 234x216px) Image search: [Google]
wojak hug.png
4KB, 234x216px
>>31815348
>>
Other than the obvious jobs, like infantry, probably the people who work with petroleum and fuels.
>>
All these fuckers are wrong. The most dangerous job is a navy nuke. Prepare to kill yourself.
>>
doggystyle
>>
>>31815549
Johnny?
>>
>>31815271
> if hydraulic systems fail, and the turret isn't in the directly down facing position, your stuck in there until they land and get the hydraulics going again or cut you out. in order for the hydraulics to go out there is a pretty good chance a piece of landing gear was also hit and your fucked.

all in all much worse place to be then the tail imo
>>
>>31816753
topkek
>>
Being a woman or trans

4chan or not, the rape culture is actually real
>>
>>31815177
>Ball turret gunner
From my mother's sleep I fell into the State,
And I hunched in its belly till my wet fur froze.
Six miles from earth, loosed from its dream of life,
I woke to black flak and the nightmare fighters.
When I died they washed me out of the turret with a hose.
>>
>>31815160
>>31814426
wat movie
>>
Read from Janes that Hamas rocket launcher squads 2009-2014 have the highest percentage of losses of non-designated suicidal units in history. It's somewhere of 70-80%.
>>
>>31817482
The movie in OP pic is the lost battalion
>>
File: you fucking retard.jpg (11KB, 328x277px) Image search: [Google]
you fucking retard.jpg
11KB, 328x277px
>>31815143
>>
>>31814849
not compared to infantry
>>
>>31817862
Infantry accidently go over mines. Those bomb disposal guys do it willingly.
>>
>>31814426
For WWII it was the navy crew-members of the Arctic convoys.
>>
Point man on patrols (IEDs)
>>
File: What EOD thinks of k.gif (3MB, 360x188px) Image search: [Google]
What EOD thinks of k.gif
3MB, 360x188px
>>31815294
EODfag
Nope.
IED Searchers, Road Clearance Teams, dumbshit Engineer Search.
They get the basics and maybe a detector to wave around and sent out in front to look for IEDs, we get all the training and toys to sort the ones they don't step on.
>Every coalmine needs canaries
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.