[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/. I'm finally moving to my own place in a few months

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: k fags.png (606KB, 920x720px) Image search: [Google]
k fags.png
606KB, 920x720px
Hey /k/. I'm finally moving to my own place in a few months and I'd like some recommendations about which guns to buy.

I have a very, very limited knowledge on guns, and I'd like to know more.

My knowledge comes from my grandpa who is an old school /k/ommando. Im a welder and a mechanic and he is a gunsmith so I sometimes help him with guns when he has a lot of work, my mechanical knowledge comes in handy, but I know nothing specialized.

Things in my country have been turning sour (security wise) so I just decided to say fuck it, not gonna risk my personal safety, I wanna get my own guns.

But im not about to be one of those cucks who listen to whatever the clerk from the gunstore tells them about, I know they're shills for whichever brand sponsors the gunshop. And my grandpa, while being an expert around firearms, is "Out of the loop" and he barely knows anything about modern models/brands, so I cant ask him for recommendations.

I want:

>Something for personal carry (both concealed and open carry are legal where I live)
>Something for home defense
>Something really fucking absurd just for the sake of it.

Also whats better for PC, open or concealed?
>>
>>31805895

>something really absurd just for the sake of it

What do you mean?
>>
>>31805930

I just got the idea from something my grandpa told me once.

He has a .44 revolver, (I think its a 1959 ruger super blackhawk?) which he carries around underneath his coat on one of those torso-strapped holsters. Whenever some junkie or lowlife (but generally harmless) is bothering him, he just shows them the handle and tells them to piss off.

So I asked him about it one day and he said he really only carries it for the lols, he claims its a terrible gun for self defense and that its a pain in the ass to shoot it and reload it, but he carries its around basically its a meme to do so, that people see it and they instantly think "dirty harry!" or "taxi driver!" and that you dont even need a .44 unless you plan to take on 2 bears at once.

So basically I want something like that, something absurd which isn't really necessary but which will still feel great to own
>>
>>31805895
>Those Exploding piss jugs
>>
>>31805977

Oh in thatcase you could get one of those oversized Taurus revolvers or a semiautomatic shotgun.

Your grandpa was right about the ruger btw. That gun is terrible for personal carry. Its literally a meme, ruger knew that they wouldnt be able to top S&W in quality so they went for the meme route and made a "cavalry revolver" to cash on the spaghetti western fever from the time. Thts why the ruger is a left handed revolver, because cavalry soldiers used to shoot with the left hand and hold the reins/reload with the right one
>>
>>31805895

>carry option

one of the 31 flavors of glock will suffice, if you dislike plastic then the MK23, Jericho 941, browning high power, and USPs are certainly on the table

>home defense gun

depending on availability either pick up an AR or an AK. If you have access to any semi auto rifles in intermediate cartridges that will make /k/ jelly such as the SG550,551,552, or 553 then that's certainly an option as well.

>ridiculous fun gun

Magnum Research BFR. It's ludicrously big for a revolver, extremely loud, and fires rifle cartridges as opposed to piddly little pistol cartridges. It's good for pretty much nothing but it's fun as shit
>>
>>31806088

https://www.magnumresearch.com/Firearms/Magnum-Research-4570-Revolver-10-inch-Barrel.asp
>>
>>31806088

Are shotguns good for home defense?

Should I avoid sig sauer pistols?
>>
>>31806299

shotguns are generally more intended as sporting arms than defensive, if choosing between a shotgun and a semi auto rifle pick the rifle always

also Sig's line of pistols is good too
>>
>>31805895
>carry
9mm pistol of your choice, I recommend Beretta 92's, CZ-75B's Sig Sauer P226's, and Glock 17s/19s. Throw in a Lionheart LH9 and a Beretta PX4 Storm into the mix and you have a great selection of handguns that are reliable, concealable, and have decently priced ammo.

>home defense
This is a pretty standard answer but a pump action 12 gauge shotgun. Ammo is cheap and the guns are also reasonable. I recommend a Mossberg 500 or one of the older Remington 870s (fuck the new ones)

>something absurd
Aero Precision OEM AR and a BCM KMR A rail, mall ninja it up and have fun OP
>>
File: serbu_rn50b.jpg (513KB, 2541x1689px) Image search: [Google]
serbu_rn50b.jpg
513KB, 2541x1689px
>>31805895
Get an AR for home defense, a Glock 43 or Glock 19 for carry, and a Serbu RN-50.

Note that the intro period is over and it's $1200 now.

Add a 12 gauge if you want to hunt.
>>
>>31805895
>>31806430
forgot to add this for the pistols
check out the polymer framed CZ's as well. They're good
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.