[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a retarded gun store thread? >inna LGS checking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 340
Thread images: 56

File: 1474660685308.gif (3MB, 281x295px) Image search: [Google]
1474660685308.gif
3MB, 281x295px
Can we have a retarded gun store thread?

>inna LGS checking out their mags/ammo and stuff
>check out their pistols
>they have a really nice used 92FS inox for sale
>kinda interested just so I can be a fucking nerd and put STARS grips on it
>pricetag: $1000
>ask the cashier guy if that's a mistake
>"Nah man, that's a preban 92FS with mags from before the AWB, it's rare."
>apparently no one told them the ban expired 12 years ago
>have a few other used guns that are "preban" that are marked up 300-400 over MSRP
>there were no other 92s in the store
>>
Shit I got a good one from last week
>Go into store to buy ammo
>Ask the guy if they have any .25-06
>"Sure I have Remington here for 15 a box and Hornady for 22"
>Ok I'll take the Remington, you guys take Visa?
>"Yeah"
>buy ammo
>"Have a good day!"
Such is life in PA. We don't let autists work retail.
>>
File: 1475199070390.jpg (33KB, 319x300px) Image search: [Google]
1475199070390.jpg
33KB, 319x300px
pre AWB means its automatic, you missed out buddy
>>
File: 1475804081835.jpg (26KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1475804081835.jpg
26KB, 540x540px
>>31801444
Isn't there that one store in PA that let themselves get cucked by the NYPD and have to hand them over a log of all sales because some gun they sold got used in a crime in NYC?
>>
>>31801487
idk the story you are talking about, but if it is in Philadelphia, its null and void. They are their own communist regime within PA who openly but heads with our state legislator.
>>
>>31801412
$1k is a couple days worth of work. just buy it.
>>
>>31801541
>buying a gun $250+ over MSRP
LGS manager pls go
>>
>>31801541
Or go to another store. Better yet find an ffl to order him in a new beretta for less.
>>
File: 1476915459950.jpg (62KB, 585x467px) Image search: [Google]
1476915459950.jpg
62KB, 585x467px
>>31801541
>paying $1k for a used gun that costs $700-800 brand new everywhere else
>>
>Go inna store.
>Ask for the largest dildo they have.
>Flag half the store with it.
>Clerk asks if I need a bag.
>We both laugh.
>He doesn't know I left my old model in the box.
>>
File: apathy.jpg (40KB, 624x480px) Image search: [Google]
apathy.jpg
40KB, 624x480px
>>31801541
>$1k is a couple days worth of work.
I'm a college student working for like $0.20 above minimum wage. I haven't had four digits in my bank account...ever, actually. Took me an entire summer to save up enough money to buy my first AR, and then right when I was about to my tuition got raised and suddenly I'm broke again.

(Not OP, to clarify.)
>>
I'm a college student earning $20/hr part time. Why are you wage slaving? Just find a professor to help with research.
>>
>>31801800
This

I don't understand how people can pay thousands to go to college thinking they're smart and sprint head first into the nearest mcdonalds or walmart that has a hiring sign

If you think you're a cut above everyone else fucking act like it and get a non-retard job.
>>
to be fair, there are some guns that are more collectible as a pre-ban, but that's usually because the model is completely discontinued now

the pre-ban mags aren't worth any extra
maybe ban era mags with "LE Only" marks might fetch a couple bucks extra to a very serious collector, but that's doubtful
>>
>>31801800
>>31802009
Been trying to for the past year. The few research projects or internships that actually pay anything other than "experience" get snapped up before I even have a shot at them.
>>
>>31802100
Nigger thats because you suck. Join some clubs, and use it to fill your resume. I have had 2 summer internships and I have helped multiple profs with research. My GPA is 2.49. You have literally no excuse.
>>
My local Walmart still has a limit of 2 boxes of .22 per customer like there's still a shortage.

Some of the stupid niggers there think it applies too all of the ammunition and they usually don't let me get any more than 2 of anything. I always have to wait until I can find an employee that isn't an actual retard.
>>
>be me at age 17
>there's a really nice indoor range nearby, and despite the fact that my family had no guns, we went there on a semi regular basis to shoot rental guns.
>Usually rent and shoot pistols there, but for some reason I wanted to shoot a rifle.
>Decided before I got there that I wanted to rent an ar15, as I had only shot my dad's friend's m16a1 before, and never q regular ar.
>get there, and the clerk is one that I hadn't seen before, and evidently it's his second day working there.
>ask if we can rent an ar15.
>He doesn't know what an ar looks like, so i point out a pair of them on the wall.
>"oh. Those are broken."
>okay.jpeg
>ask to rent an m1a instead.
>We rent it, and ask for 50 rounds.
>He doesn't know what it fires.
>Ask for 50 rounds of .308.
>"All we have are two boxes of 20 rounds"
>Take ammo. First box is ball ammo. Second is some kind of special type with rubber tips.
>go and shoot.
>the first box goes perfectly fine, though I was initially surprised by how much recoil a full sized rifle round has.
>Load magazine from second box.
>couldn't get the rifle to chamber a round.
>spent like 15 minutes trying to get a round to chamber.
>I even manually inserted a round into the chamber and closed the bolt.
>pull trigger
>*click*
>at this point we give up and go back to the counter.
>as we are returning the gun, I notice that the box says .308 marlin, not .308 win.
>I thought it was strange, so I looked it up and learned about the existence of a new caliber.
>the store had no more .308, so we rented a ruger mk. 3 and just shot that instead.
>mfw this tacticool gun store with glock posters all over the walls has as much obscure lever fun ammo as it does .308 win.
>>
>>31801487
>>31801522
Colosimo's, apparently the only sold to 2 types of people... cops and people make straw purchases...
>>
>Call LGS in Springfield Missouri looking for SKS clips
>Have to explain to three different stores what a clip is vs a mag, grown ass middle aged men to 20 year old kids

kill me
>>
>>31802258
>buying SKS clips from an LGS
>calling ahead to an LGS about SKS clips
just buy them online like a normal person
>>
>>31802276
I wanted them that weekend, not 7 business days down the line.
>>
>>31802287
>being this impatient
I wouldn't be surprised if you could get some that are prime-eligible from Amazon for free 2-day shipping.

Stop being a whiny fuck
>>
>>31802317
this is literally a thread for whining about retail experiences
>>
>>31802317
I had to look and they only have nugget clips with prime
>>
>be 20 year old male
>walk into LGS
>ignored by all 5 of the workers in favor of either chatting with a regular Bubba or a husband looking for a HD for the wife

>literally just standing there, making eye contact with these fuckers as they ignore me
>my dad gets helped right away, looking at shotguns
>have to flag someone down 3 times to even get a rifle off the wall
>ask about general care for it out of curiosity
>spoken to like an absolute retard
>walk out into the pouring rain and never go back

Got a rifle now, but fuck me. Every time I go into an LGS, I get ignored and treated like a poor moron when I do get someone's attention.
>>
File: 1460895644858.png (117KB, 672x896px) Image search: [Google]
1460895644858.png
117KB, 672x896px
>>31802317
It's not being impatient, nigger, I only had a day or two total with the gun before I had to leave it with some relatives because I was moving.

Go back to Africa.
>>
>>31801522
Love Philly but not the politics of philly
>>
>>31802405
That sucks man, those fucking plebs
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 570x479px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 570x479px
>>31802258
>living in Springfield
>>
>>31802405
Serious question, how do you dress?
>>
File: 1476495289346.jpg (39KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1476495289346.jpg
39KB, 375x375px
>>31801541
>$1k is a couple days worth of work
>>
>>31802491
Even my lgs helps beaners and basketball Americans without hesitation
>>
>>31802165
>My local Walmart still has a limit of 2 boxes of .22 per customer like there's still a shortage.

They ought to put a limit on lowers too. I went with a friend to help him pick out a decent one for his first ever build and we got there just in time to watch some guy walk out with 25+ lowers. He ordered one later to the store, but give it another week or two and even that won't be a viable option.
>>
>>31802491

Blue jeans, plain black shoes, and usually a Marvel/blank shirt.

Mind you, I also look ~6 years older because of facial hair. I'd probably look like my 52-year old father if I was bald.
>>
>>31802405
Probably because most kids your age are CoD retards and the shop owners don't bother to figure out you aren't one
>>
>>31802595
This

>hear kids asking my lgs how much a tavor+acog would cost
>tfw they hear the actual realistic price of such a thing
>>
>>31802258
Sounds like I'd be more qualified to work in a gun shop than these fags from just browsing /k/, watching gun related YouTube channels and owning a nugget and ar upper **under 21, might be able to have a family member gift me a lower as an early Christmas present sometime soonish**
>>
>>31802524
Yeah, I'm in South Carolina and that's the norm here in 99% of the shops I've been in. Barring one, which has been around forever and has a couple of asshole employees left.

>>31802551
Honestly that's not really that uncommon style of dress. Just for the sake of curiosity, do you see anyone else dressed like that coming through the store? Like >>31802595 said in recent years there's been a lot of issues with codkiddies coming into stores and just being jackasses which is extremely off putting. If they're dressing the same as you, try wearing a collared shirt of some sort instead.
>>
>>31802643
Some of the employees are about my age, but I'm usually the youngest customer by 15 years at the least.

I'm in a town full of old Republicans, honestly.

I gotta go to one tomorrow for that FSC and some ammo, so I'll probably shave up a bit and dress nicer.
>>
>>31802405
I went to my mom and pop lgs on my 18th birthday and had pretty much the exact same experiance. They also wanted $150 for a nugget back when nuggets were still around $100. Never went back, went to the tactical shop on the other side of town and all of the employees are super nice and helpful.
>>
>>31802009
>be theater student
>pay a lot of money at a 2 year school with a great theater department
>everyone else I know complain about not getting jobs related to their major
>laugh as I'm getting paid to do professional gigs and I haven't even graduated
True I am working like 5 jobs right now, I make close to $30 an hour. But you know what they say....you never work a day in your life if you love what you do.
Also theater has the greatest job security on Earth. I can work at any theater in the state. Once I get Union, I can get a job at any theater in the country.
>>
>>31802708
Wat.
>>
I laughed at this actually, but it was still retarded.
>At LGS looking at used deals, just browsing
>White trash couple looking at all the typical girl guns for the woman
>Salesman recommends a .22 revolver
>Lol what?
>Girl finger fucks it a little
>Boyfriend looks concerned
>"I'd rather she carry a .38, maybe a 9"
>Employee shakes his head
>"What you think a .22 can't do the job? Did you hear about the Cascade mall shooting? He was using a .22 rifle and he killed 5 people."
>The couple nods and looks surprised
>They buy the fucking revolver
>>
I know that's Military Arms Channel... which vid?
>>
File: 1440476846064.jpg (47KB, 750x420px) Image search: [Google]
1440476846064.jpg
47KB, 750x420px
>want to buy a rifle, can't decide between AK and AR but leaning towards AR
>didn't know a whole lot about guns at the time so didn't want to build my own
>head into local store and politely ask "Hey, you guys have any AR-15s?"
>as I'm saying this I notice an M&P Sport right behind the guy
>"Ahhh, nope, sorry."
>my eyes flicker between this guy and the rifle literally right behind him
>apparently he notices
>"Ahhh, oh, well, we have this one, but this isn't really an AR."
>nod uncertainly and ask why
>"You can't fire different calibers from it."
>thank him for his time and leave
>haven't been back since
>>
>>31802708
I know this feel. I go to art school, specifically for game design and animation. I work with a caricature company to pay the bills and on retail days make $30-50+ an hour, and get paid $100 and hour to work parties and events. Shit is awesome. Also, I can draw in front of people now, and not give a shit like most autistic fucks who draw.
>>
>>31801449
This. I was born one year before the AWB
This means I am automatic
>>
>>31802165
No shortage? Then why don't they ever have any when I look.
>>
>>31801541
What if we work legally?
>>
>>31802539
That's pretty gay. I can understand stocking up on shit, and maybe having a little to sell later in case prices go up, but 25 lowers is fucking retarded.

Even with the cheapest components it would be expensive as fuck to build them out into rifles, so he's obviously buying them just to sell them at CTD prices in case Clinton wins. If Trump wins I'll be even happier now knowing that faggot is stuck with 25 lowers he probably overpaid for because he wanted to be a kike.
>>
File: 0c3.jpg (68KB, 680x622px) Image search: [Google]
0c3.jpg
68KB, 680x622px
>Work part time in LGS last summer to cover for one worker who busted both of his arms.
>Never been muzzle sweeped so much in my life before that.
>Never had to explain that 22lr won't work in a standard AR before that.
>Never talked to ass-on-blast fudds who are snide over AKs before that.
>Nigs n wannabes always come in with $200 in cash and then get booty bothered that guns are expensive.
>Asians bring the WHOLE FUCKING CLAN to the gun store then get snippy when their spawn aren't allowed to touch the guns.
>Jihadis and indians always want to haggle over the fixed price guns in broken english then never question the price on negotiable ones.
>Liberals come in wanting learn about guns and maybe buy but then just get mad when you correct their bullshit.
>"Hey! It's [gun] like from [shitty FPS game]! It's the best gun ever :^) !"
>"But I know it's unloaded so it's okay."
>"Stoppin powaa"
>"Big mags are for losers who can't aim."
"I want the most tactical one."
"Haha this is where I'll come when the zombies hit :^)" x10 times a day.
>The one sweaty guy who tries to talk his way out of a 4473 then fails the NICS before running away like the cops wanted him.
>Was able to pickout the rare /k/unt at a glance.
>Surprisingly the most normal and not pain in the ass customer.
>Except for clip-on foxtail Jimmy. We still make fun of you, furfag.

Guys who do this shit fulltime, thank you for taking the metaphorical bullet.
>>
>>31802733
>>31802776
I mostly act, but I also work tech.
It gives you experience you could use for anything. I work extensively with lights and have become a decent electrician. I build sets so I've become a good carpenter and painter thus dabbled in architecture. I have made costumes and found out I'm a great tailor. You also have to be creative to build props. I made an exploding briefcase most recently. I build special effects all the time. I teach kids how to act on occasion. If you can think of it, most likely I've experience with it.

It teaches you respect and work ethic most of all. I've never been late to ANYTHING. While everyone was tripping over stress and shitty coworkers at a restaurant I worked at once, I was getting all my work done with brutal efficiency and then high-fived everyone at the end of each night.
>>
File: 1463378804618.jpg (5KB, 137x174px) Image search: [Google]
1463378804618.jpg
5KB, 137x174px
>>31802926
You sound like a tremendous faggot
>>
File: nope.gif (2MB, 286x210px) Image search: [Google]
nope.gif
2MB, 286x210px
>>31802884
>"But I know it's unloaded so it's okay."

this one never fails to trigger me
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 279x181px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 279x181px
>be poor fag looking to get ccw
>go in to lgs
>informal chitchat
>" so do you have a lc9s?"
>"Strike"
>"uh okay what about a bersa thunder?"
>"Strike"
>"Okay, how abou-"
>"Look, my advice is always get a glock"
>has glock 43 and 26 for 650 and 700 respectively
>"eh sorry man im on a budget"
>"you cant have a budget when it comes to your life, just go save up some more"
>mfw it took me forever to save up the 400 i have
>Im not giving up
>"What do you have in my price range?"
>"400? I have a hi point 916 for 260 and a Kahr CM9 is the next xheapest at 500"

I left after that, went one town over and got a bersa thunder for 375 with a good holster and a gunbelt. They didnt have one in the store so they ordered it, i didnt think it had to be this hard.
>>
>>31802112
>2.49 gpa
Maybe you should focus less on internships, and more on not failing your classes
>>
>>31803045
Kahr CM9 is a great gun, but $500? Jesus...
>>
>>31803092
exactly I understand brick and mortar is limited and you pay more but i prefer to shop local when i can. This guy made that impossible.
>>
>>31802405
i'm a country boy living in the city for bout 20 years. clean shaven, high n tight hair cut. move back to midwest city and visit lgs for range toys.

> snubbed at 4 of 5 shops.

grow beard, wear field/yard clothes, people open the door, call me sir, give me exact change at freaking popeyes, and call me 'sir'.

> my kid has seen this happen. we don't get it either.
>>
File: 20161003_170128.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161003_170128.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>31803143
That's shitty, but the free market ensures that informed customers will put him out of business. Also, the dumb ass one time gun buyers that support him will not be repeat customers. I found a fantastic gun store a few years back and do all my /k/ related dealings there now even though it's out of the way.

Also forgot picture. Paid $320 for mine
>>
>>31802090
it depends on the state you are in. maybe OP is in massachusetts where the only legal regular cap mags are stamped before 1994

some states basically have a copy of the federal AWB in place
>>
File: 1474855518317.jpg (60KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1474855518317.jpg
60KB, 720x540px
So, how does a 19 year old, slightly skinny adult male avoid immediately being branded as a CoD kiddy or some other sort of retard?

Is it mostly dress or disposition that makes the guy at the corner dismiss your existence? I want to go SKS hunting soon and want to make sure I don't embarrass myself.
>>
>>31802165
My Walmart doesn't have 22. They get shipments and sell out from the pallet. It never even makes it to the shelf.
>>
>>31802959
I would call him a faggot, but he apparently makes pretty damn good money.
>>
>>31803305
it is disposition.

you know what bread to buy at the store. if its not there you go to the next.

>they need to WANT to separate you from your money.
>>
>>31801800
Counting my tuition reimbursement, I was probably making more as a TA than I am now as an engineer.
>>
>>31803305

Dress decently, I guess.

I'm >>31802405 and I dress casually all the time and get snubbed.

Go in with a goal and nothing else, I suppose. I'd exercise your right as a customer to leave if you don't like the people too. I hear some LGSs can put on the pressure.
>>
>>31803060
Employers don't give a flying fuck about GPA. They want work experience. GPA only comes in to play if you don't have that experience.
>>
>>31801783
life is rough comrade
>>
>>31802744
I refuse to believe this happened.
>>
File: 1476472603874.png (364KB, 500x428px) Image search: [Google]
1476472603874.png
364KB, 500x428px
>>31801541
>>
>>31802112
Nigger cuck idk what bullshit lib arts program you are in, but if you had a 2.9 in rn school your dumb brown ass would have been dropped. Quit telling lies on the internet.
>>
this a couple years back. well before fireArmpocalypse

>go in local shop for the first time just checking out their selection
>no one else is there so the counter guy asks if am looking for anything in particular
>say I am always interested in military surplus
>shows me what they have, it's an m1 for like $1500 and a bolt action Springfield for some ridiculous price
>slavshit eventually gets brought up
>guy is convinced that AK pattern rifles are illegal in the state (they are not)
>everything else is newly manufactured guns for MSRP or higher

people on reddit and even 4chan say this is a good shop for my area...not even once.
>>
File: mealteamsix.png (60KB, 1037x397px) Image search: [Google]
mealteamsix.png
60KB, 1037x397px
> pic related
>>
>>31803559
I hope this didn't actually happen, I've seen some shit, but this takes the cake by far.
>>
>>31803686
It's literally the hardest kek I've ever had on /k/.
>>
>>31802184
>couldn't get the rifle to chamber a round.
>spent like 15 minutes trying to get a round to chamber.

Dear god, why?
>>
>>31802884
>>Jihadis and indians always want to haggle over the fixed price guns in broken english then never question the price on negotiable ones.

what, does your store have signs saying "price is negotiable"?
>>
>>31803045
why dont you buy used? 400 will get you a used police trade in glock no problem, and usually they are in like 90% barely shot shape
>>
>>31801412
>decide to buy my first stripped lower
>owner of LGS is pretty cool guy
>helps me collect about 200 bucks worth of parts
>sells them to me for $110
>"just come back and buy some more stuff, or tell your friends about us!"
>I do both
Oh, RETARDED gun stores.
>go to Dick's Sporting Goods
>no AR-15s
>ask about their selection of rifles
>desk counter guy nearly shits himself when I aim a Savage Axis II towards the ceiling
>"IT COULD GO OFF, BE CAREFUL"
>leave and never go back
>>
>>31802184
>doesn't know what an AR looks like
I think he was fucking with you, anon

Then again, who the fuck has more .308 Marlin in stock than Win. Maybe he was actually retarded
>>
>>31802539
My local Wal-Mart doesn't even stock AR shit.

But my local gun stores have 3 lower limits per day. Some guy tried to bargain his way into 5 lowers and the owner kicked him the fuck out.
>>
>>31803305
you are already aware of the problem, you will be just fine. its the idiots who go in the shop pointing at guns and saying how good they are in calladooty that trigger workers. just act fucking mature enough to handle a weapon. that means not smelling like weed or looking like a sketchy tweaker or school shooter
>>
File: just-a-guy-pouting-250.jpg (21KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
just-a-guy-pouting-250.jpg
21KB, 250x250px
>>31801541
I don't make that in a month.
>>
File: 7543225.jpg (96KB, 564x314px) Image search: [Google]
7543225.jpg
96KB, 564x314px
>>31801783
Well, you're a college student, you made the choice to be poor. Meanwhile, many others are working blue collar jobs making $60k+ and owning AR's. What did you think, everything in your life was supposed to be 100% gravy and there were no tradeoffs to chosing to be a lazy slob student for 4 years or more to get that easy money desk job? srsly just kys
>>
>>31802744
>>31803425
I fucking believe it. I'd say most women have no idea what recoil is, and their husbands, even with experience, can get fucking cucked into buying shit they KNOW isn't going to defend shit.

.22 will kill, for sure, but not as surely as a 9. That guy is an idiot for listening to a gun store employee.
>>
File: 1446437423316.png (90KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1446437423316.png
90KB, 700x700px
>Working behind the counter.
>Nig comes in with two niggresses
>ay we need sum tweunty-tweo
>I got 100rd Winchester Packs.
>Pause a moment
>18.99 for a hundred.
>ay shiet, see I told you dis was gud cheaper than dat nine
>:^) internally
>Pull out the box
>oh dis ain't right i need DA BIGGUH tweunty-tweo
>Oh, you want the .22 magnum, dats 24.99 for 100
>Shieet aight gemma dat
>sees the box
>NAW NIGGUH I NEED THE FAT .22
>There is no fat .22 it wouldn't be .22
>niggress in the back JUST GET THE CHEAP BOX
>aight let me get two boxes of dem small ones
>Buys them, walks out of the building and them comes right back in
>ay lemme return these I don't think they the same
>Sorry. It's federal law. Can't. :^)
>naw you gotta take these back, lemme talk to your manager
>Go get my boss.
>He comes over, takes one look at the group.
>Sorry. It's federal law. Can't. :^)

It was a dick thing to do, but fuck them.
>>
>>31804408
What exactly is the "school shooter" vibe? Could you describe it to me?
>>
>>31804497
I've put down a 200 pound boar at a 1/4 mile with 1 shot from a 22.
It is all about shot placement. You can't kill what you can't hit, and if you can't handle the recoil on a 9, then you are deadlier with a 22
>>
>>31804530
>fat .22
What did they mean by this
>>
File: gun.jpg (102KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
gun.jpg
102KB, 960x540px
>work at Gander Mountain
>get a new store manager who knows fuck all about firearms
>tells us to turn the guns around so the barrel is facing the customer.
>quit the next day.
>>
>>31804611

They wanted a wider bullet.

What it could've been, I don't know.
>>
>>31804611
I guarantee you he meant .40

Glock 22
>>
>>31804590
There is nothing you could do to make me believe your statement. And that is with me knowing .22lr can kill at 300 yds. I just don't believe you. Plus I'm certain you're talking about a rifle, not a .22 revolver. Which is something like half the power of the rifle.
>>
>browsing for used gun
>notice a stainless 1911
>realize its a Taurus so itll be cheap
>ask price
>899.99
>yeah fuck that new they are only 529
>oh well this ones stainless you cant get them that much.
I thought Texas was all about guns. none of these fucks are knowledgeable
>>
>>31804611
Niggers are fond of .25, probably what he meant
>>
>>31804660
It's like they're trying to communicate. I just know it
>>
>>31804478
Blue Collar worker here.

Don't be autistic that people are choosing to get a degree.
>>
File: 1472350054007.png (926KB, 1200x1028px) Image search: [Google]
1472350054007.png
926KB, 1200x1028px
>>31804478
>mfw I got a degree to be a blue collar worker
>mfw once this one fucker retires in a couple years I get an easy money desk job at my work
Just gotta pick a good degree anon.
>>
>>31804775
Some people like to wear their lack of post-high school education as some sort of badge of honor.
>>
>>31804631
>turn the guns around so the barrel is facing the customer.
Wut?
>>
>>31804631
They're not fucking loaded. Don't be a pussy
>>
>>31804829
>exactly. They were pointed at us first so we turned them to the side. This dumbass wants us to point them at customers.
>>
File: 1450751973645.jpg (4KB, 241x209px) Image search: [Google]
1450751973645.jpg
4KB, 241x209px
>>31804858
Holy shit
>>
File: 1470148910733.png (38KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
1470148910733.png
38KB, 375x360px
>>31804534
well, last time i was picking up a 5.56 AK, 1911 and .22 lever the lady staffing the shop asked "you aren't planning a school shooting are you?" with an almost genuine look of concern before a joke grin; I barely smirked but for a second I was spooked
>>
>>31804843
that wasn't the only thing that made me quit. However, I'd rather have a gun pointed away from me rather than at me.
>>
>>31804876
She should've been fired on the spot.
>>
File: 1477344217791.jpg (74KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477344217791.jpg
74KB, 720x720px
>>31802513
This

Maybe for a fucking doctor or some shit

No normal person gets 1k in even a week.

>Mfw I work 60 hours a week getting more than minimum wage and this guy is making '1k in a couple days'
>>
>>31804631
>tfw literally every gunstore I go into has the barrels facing the customer
>>
>>31804905
Maybe its a regional thing. Every one that I have been in other than Gander Mountain has had the barrels pointed away from the customer.
>>
>>31804900
No he isn't anon, he's just a troll

Anyone who makes that kind of money isn't gonna waste it on an overpriced bearetta
>>
>>31804900
Don't worry, most jobs that pay 1k in a few days won't last long.
I know, I did it for 6years then had to find "normal" work
>>
>>31804900
>No normal person gets 1k in even a week
That's 52k per year - less if you factor in vacations and shit. Plenty of normal people make that much.
>>
>>31804951
You forgot income tax.
>>
>>31804951
You should consider the demographic he's likely coming from. If hes in his 20s under the current economy AND if he's in a small to medium size city over $50k is not a reality.
>>
>>31802640
>interested in buying a tavor
but why?
>>
>>31802884
Holy fuck this is so true it hurts, (except for the Asians Jihadis and Indians since our town is not enriched yet) Ive worked part and full time at a gunstore since I was 14, Ive met only one /k/ommando and it was a coworker, Ive also thankfully only ever seen one furfag with a foxtail.
>>
>>31804478
>This guy works for daddy's company

>Mfw a small loan of a million dollars
>>
File: 1332737275357.gif (1MB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
1332737275357.gif
1MB, 300x188px
>>31804843
You're the kind of retard that shows up in the news.

>And tonight, a tragic story in Faggotville
>22 year old anon was killed when a firearm he was handling was negligently discharged
>The (lol)9mm bullet went off while pointed at his collection of dildos and other phallic adult toys, and ricocheted directly into his head
>his last words as recounted by his mother were "LMAO IT'S NOT EVEN LOADED BRAH"
>>
>>31804478
>blue collar jobs making 60k
>blue collar
>60k
Yea you need to go to bed little Timmy.
>>
>>31801412
>a preban 92FS

No fucking way is that what I think it is...
>>
>>31802884
tell us about Jimmy
>>
>>31804895
More like "fired on" on the spot.
>tips fedora
>nothing personal kid
>>
>>31805077
An unloaded gun can't go off.

What's the last store you went in that kept display guns loaded?
>>
>>31802959
Im just a tremendous autist.
However I hate how having passion is considered a bad thing these days. Perhaps it's because our culture is garbage and society is disgusting in general. I'm lucky I can work in an environment where passion, empathy, and commitment is actually highly valued.

How many people do you know can work 15 to 20 hours a day everyday for years with the same enthusiasm as when they first started?

I won't be getting home until 2 or 3 tonight. Tomorrow it won't be home until 4 or 5 and will start rehearsal at 10 am. I may be an autistic little faggot but I bet a million bucks I am happier with my life than you could ever be.
>>
>>31805079
Skilled tradesmen like electricians/plumbers/welders easily clear that much or more after several years on the job, and even more than that if they can get in one of those cushy unions.
>>
>>31804478
>you have money, everyone has money
>no I don't
>REEEE KILL YOURSELF
>>
>>31802317
>>31802398

The sks clips on Amazon that I was able to find were all shitty. Get some proper bxn clips or Chinese clips.
>>
>>31804991
This

I live in a coastal city and I don't even know what I make in a year
What the fuck is salary
I work hourly
2/3 of my income goes to bills/rent

60k?
Shit dude I barely have $60 to spend every week after I pay for all my shit

Fucking 90s parents
Leaving me with Jack shit to my name
>>
>>31805140
Of course an unloaded gun can't go off, but it is insanely bad practice to go around purposely pointing firearms at things. It's always a good idea to default to "wow, maybe I shouldn't be pointing something that could potentially end someone's life at someone whose life I don't mean to end," because one day it might not be unloaded and then an accident will happen and you'll get criminal charges or a darwin award. Stranger things have happened. I've seen a few stories online of brand new guns having ammo in them somehow, likely a mistake made at the factory where they accidentally left ammo in after testing and it wasn't checked at the shop beforehand.
>>
>>31805140
>Trusting that 50 rando guns each handled by 20 chucklefucks a day are unloaded
>>
>>31805196
IT'S A FUCKING GUN STORE! NOTHING IS EVER LOADED!
>>
>>31805207
Ever seen an employee not check a gun before they put it back?
>>
>>31804900
I'm a mechanic and I make at least 1k most weeks. stop being either 18 or shit at your job.
>>
>>31801412

I live in the same town Mac grew up in.
>>
>>31802793

> This means I am automatic

autistic not automatic
>>
>>31804534
What was it, a .22 Eargesplitten Loudenboomer?
>>
>>31805215
No, but I'm sure they're out there. It only takes one other person's mistake.

It's just good form to always treat a gun as loaded, unless you've just checked it yourself (and still, don't point it at people)
>>
>>31805209
Until it is. Gun stores aren't a magical zone where firearms automatically empty themselves of bullets. They have to be checked and cleared by humans, and we're pretty known for making mistakes sometimes. It's an incredibly, incredibly low chance of it happening, but it can happen.
>>
>>31805246
>>31805252
Your autism is showing
>>
>>31805230
>implying most mechanics make more than half that after taxes
>>
File: 1472603439971.png (38KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
1472603439971.png
38KB, 499x338px
>>31805255
>It's autistic to follow the four rules of gun safety

Did you just blow in from r/guns?
>>
>>31805255
Something, something kettle black?
>>
>>31805290
I painted mine white
>>
>>31805280
I bet he sweeps the shop when he's "looking" at firearms.
>>
>>31805280
No, I'm just not a paranoid moron.
>>
>>31805274
lol, another mechanic I know makes less than half what I do.
>>
>>31805299
How's all that lead paint doin for ya?
>>
File: 1477023285847.jpg (13KB, 214x418px) Image search: [Google]
1477023285847.jpg
13KB, 214x418px
>>31805242
>>
>>31805306
We've established you're not paranoid
>>
>>31805317
They haven't made that since I was a kid.

Never had the desire to eat it though. Never understood why anyone would.
>>
File: 1472249513500.png (27KB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
1472249513500.png
27KB, 300x224px
>>31805306
No, you're just an unsafe cunt who is probably going to get someone killed one day and tell the police "i dindu nuffin muh gat wasn't loaded he wuz a gud gun"
>>
>>31805343
Why?
>>
File: 1476274526412.png (516KB, 896x1289px) Image search: [Google]
1476274526412.png
516KB, 896x1289px
>>31805361
Because this is America goddamnit
>>
>>31805358
To clarify, I never stated that I point guns at things. I just stated that it's not a big deal to have guns in a display case, in a controlled environment, that get checked and double checked every time someone touches them, pointed out.
>>
>>31803406
Nigger, I've done three internships, and every single one was because of my GPA.

You must be getting McDonald's College Analyst positions.
>>
File: 1475025954946.jpg (144KB, 465x472px) Image search: [Google]
1475025954946.jpg
144KB, 465x472px
>>31805142
>I may be an autistic little faggot but I bet a million bucks I am happier with my life than you could ever be.

lel get rekt >>31802959
>>
>>31805361
I haven't the foggiest idea

I just saved the picture

I imagine the contraption required to fire it is cartoonish
>>
>>31803406
They do in STEM fields. Good luck getting relevant work experience without a job in your field.
>>
>>31804590
Pics or it didn't happen.

Also
>muh shot placement meme
even 9mm hasn't killed people after a magdump before

Better safe than sorry
>>
>>31805361
setting velocity records. Small boolit, lots of powder.
>>
>>31805376
Well, having them in the display case is different. I thought the original post was talking about while handling the guns. I still think it's a bad idea to have them oriented that way though. Better a .00000000001% chance of it somehow going off and having it take out a wall or the rest of the display case instead of customers.
>>
i go to gunstore there was dum dum at counter he make angry noises get in argument with me police come police man on my side i now bang police man 17 year old daughter also we go to range every saturday
>>
>>31802405
I used to have this problem a lot. Then I joined the military and started wearing a USMC ballcap any time I went I to a gun store. It changes the dynamic a lot. Old fudds are boot-lickers, and otherwise have no respect for young guys.
>>
>>31804590

>>31804663
this

not only that, but even if this is true, you probably had all the time in the world. You weren't pulling from concealment in a possible fight for your life.

You were sitting in whatever folding chair holds your fat ass with a donut next to you, looking through a scope for half an hour.
>>
File: 1405643759247.png (44KB, 134x195px) Image search: [Google]
1405643759247.png
44KB, 134x195px
>>31805459
Dude me too, except I didn't get to bang anybody and they gave me a free gun for my wife's son.
>>
>>31804478
blue collar jobs are shit. the exception is IF and its a big fucking IF you can run with a good crew. And those kinds of jobs aren't ones you will see job postings for all over the place. All the blue collar jobs I could actually interview today are all shit tier.
>>
>>31802551
>marvel shirt
>"beard"

I think I found the problem
>>
>>31802763
Weren't the early ones .223 only? Or if not, I could see how someone could believe they were. Not an extreme error but I guess he should know.
>>
>>31802491
Not that guy, but when I was younger my grandpa told me that gun owners will probably be pissy about what you wear and to always dress nice when you go to a gunshop just so they pay attention and are more willing to haggle. I always wear a decent enough button up shirt and a non-beat to shit pair of pants and shoes whenever I go in, and even when I was younger the stores I went to always treated me with respect. I usually wear t-shirts with metal bands and jeans and shit everywhere else though. I think it's shitty that you have to get judged based on what you wear or look like, but that's how it is in a lot of places.
>>
>>31802744
>>31802744
Holy shit lol... where do you start with this?
>Using a public shooting as a testimony to the cartridge.
>General bad advice on a carry weapon for her.
>Thinks a handgun and revolver have the same ballistics
>That woman is walking around thinking she's better protected than she is
>>
>>31803359
My first LGS experience:
>Turn 21
>Skinny computer nerd
>Wanna buy handgun, cuz 21
>Go to LGS my dad likes
>been there eyeballing my new pistol several times with him
>todayistheday.jpg
>herpaderps fingerfucking and ass clowning with everything in sight
>can't get attention
>derps now fondling 500SW they'll never buy
>owner perched on stool like a fat fucking greased up gargoyle
>still can't get attention
>say "I've got a pocket full of cash, you've got a gun I want, what are we going to do about it?"
>do 4473, walk out with my first handgun.
>>
>>31805541
I sometimes feel that gun shop employees feel they need to act a certain way to customers as if the customers should be lucky to be allowed into the shop.
Ive never had an employee act that way toward me but thats because I treat every place that wants my money like they're lucky Im there and not ordering online instead
>>
>>31802405
gun stores realize this is a problem and its why most reputable places have ticket systems now.
>>
Maybe not the best thread for this but close enough.

I'm moving to Florida this Saturday and I need a job. I'm only 18 but I'm knowledgeable enough about firearms to talk about and potentially sell guns to people without issue. Will a gun store hire me? I worked in a grocery store as a cashier for almost 3 years so I'm perfectly capable of getting along with customers.
>>
>>31805595
What'd you get anon?
>>
>>31805581
>That woman is walking around thinking she's better protected than she is
you do realize how dangerous she'd otherwise be knowing she likely doesnt know shit about shooting
>>
>>31805618
maybe. its not like being a gun store employee is a licensed profession or something. the stores will higher who they feel like.
>>
>>31802705
Honestly the thing I noticed is that the shops that have tactical/tacticool type shit tend to be friendly and have better service. I think this is because the fudd type ones assume everyone who isn't middle aged or older are cod kiddies of one type or another. On the other hand the guys who even just keep more than one AR in stock tend to work a bit harder to get and keep business. Only one that was tactical oriented that didn't have time for my stupid questions was the one where they were pretty busy. Only one dude was working and there were five people who had gotten there ahead of me. Ended up getting a nice light for my pistol from them and got a lot of questioned answered about getting a silencer since they'd just been legalized in my state (IA). Similar to another mostly tactical oriented shop I visited, except they weren't busy so they answered all of my questions about accessorizing my AR I had just gotten. Then we talked for a bit about some of the cool milsurp they had.

Worst?
>just start buying guns so checking out all the local shops
>walk in a small one that I never heard much about
>fudd central, not a single black stock to be found
>old dude talking to another old dude
>muh stoppin' powah, muh 1911 is best gun only need 1 round of muh ACP
>grab SKS that was cheap, never go there again
The SKS wasn't too bad. Norinco one with polymer stock and no bayo, but it was only $350 before tax. I usually see SKS at a minimum of $400 regardless of condition, bayo, and so on.

>>31804816
Considering how many retards seem to come out of colleges with art/womens studies/[insert other bullshit degree here] it's not that surprising.

>>31805618
Maybe dicks/gander mountain/bass pro/etc.
>>
>>31801412
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I
HATE
FUDDS
>>
File: 1410297165466.gif (3MB, 320x179px) Image search: [Google]
1410297165466.gif
3MB, 320x179px
>>31805595
>I've got a pocket full of cash, you've got a gun I want, what are we going to do about it?

My retarded gun store experiences pretty much all involve this phrase not working.

>Gun store posts stock online
>See they have gun I want
>Walk in to store and inspect it
>Yep it's a gun
>Go to counter and say I would like to buy it
>May I suggest a-
>No I want this
>But its like super-
>I know you get a commission for selling shit but I know exactly what I want
>The fact I get a commission doesn't really come into play its actually a great-

Then I walked out.
>>
>>31801800
>>31802009
What do you two do then?
>>
>>31801800
state schools are required to higher either poor fags or phd students for those kind of jobs so either way your financial situation is bad.
>>
>>31805090
It wasn't a 93r if that's what you were thinking.
>>
>want to go to lgs
>specifically pic related
>no parking spots
>nearby parking lots have space but they're all paid lots and all have jew prices
>decide not to go
>>
>>31804280
>400 will get you a used police trade in glock no problem, and usually they are in like 90% barely shot shape

Police trade-ins are usually awesome deals. Most cops only fire their guns for yearly qualification and they're inspected by professional armorers. The one down side is they're often a bit beat-up looking because they're carried in hip holsters for full shifts for a few years before they end up for sale. But yeah, unless you're looking for a pristine specimen they're a great deal.
>>
>>31805637
>>31805638
Theres no requirement to be 21 or anything is there?
>>
File: 1476240199620.png (715KB, 629x758px) Image search: [Google]
1476240199620.png
715KB, 629x758px
>>31805718
>tfw everytime there's a police trade in on Glocks or Berettas or Jerichos on some website I have no extra fun money for them and then they're all gone in like 24 hours
>>
File: Putin_Pbfff.jpg (31KB, 345x499px) Image search: [Google]
Putin_Pbfff.jpg
31KB, 345x499px
>>31805616
>>31805616
>most reputable places have ticket systems now.
>most reputable places
>Ass Pro and Gaybellas
>mfw
>>
>>31805756
If you want a Jericho just go to academy sports and get a tristar t-100 for $350 new.
>>
>>31805649
fucking reeee
>go into gun store looking for sub 2000
>no sooner do the words kel-tec leave my lips, the shop owner launches into a lecture
>SON OF BITCH KEL TEC
>NEVER CARRY A KEL TEC IN A MILLION YEARS
>FUCKING PLASTIC GUNS
>MUH MELT
>MUH EXPLOSIONS
>MUH WOOD AND STEEL IS BETTER
>meanwhile every single glock and some XDs are inside the display case he's leaning on
>leave and never return
last i heard someone crashed a car through their wall and stole a bunch of pistols
>>
File: 1475864207681.png (58KB, 393x489px) Image search: [Google]
1475864207681.png
58KB, 393x489px
>>31805777

It's just not the same goyim. And besides I just checked and they're fresh out.
>>
>>31805777
>That fucking finish
I guess it is only 350 but damn that is highpoint tier.
>>
>>31804810
>Just gotta pick a good degree anon.

I work in healthcare. I don't think there's a better paying set of jobs for the level of education. Associate degree level jobs starting at almost $100,000/year. Plus, you get to actually help people out in the process. Look into it--but be careful of those private junior colleges. They cost an arm and a leg and often only have the limited sort of certification (medical assistant, LVN, limited-license xray, etc). You could end up with huge debt and not be able to find a decent job afterwards. Best bet is to stick with public community colleges and 4-year ones.
>>
File: EMBARRASSING.jpg (7KB, 207x244px) Image search: [Google]
EMBARRASSING.jpg
7KB, 207x244px
>>31801449
are you retarded?
>>
>>31803902
>age 17
>>
>>31802884
I just stopped caring about getting swept at work now. It happens every day, multiple times. I check the guns before I hand them over, and I got tired of correcting it.

My personal favorite is when women come in, point the gun right at my chest, and then put two fingers on the trigger. Love it.
>>
>>31805810
>I work in healthcare.
Just as an aside, DO NOT get into a position where you work with patients with mental issues. Stay the fuck away from mental hospitals, I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe.
>>
>>31805711

Were all the parking on that side taken? I sometimes stop by there and just park further down the street. The bums don't bother you during daylight hours.
>>
>>31805209
> Gun store rents handguns
> Someone leaves round in chamber
> Clerk is busy and doesn't clean it
> Dumbass McAnnonFaggot shoots self in balls > Last words were

IT'S A FUCKING GUN STORE! NOTHING IS EVER LOADED!
>>
>>31805791
The Marksman in Newport News VA?
>>
>>31805848
Stories?
>inb4 not /k/ related
We used to have EMT threads, fuck off.
>>
>>31805848

Seconded. Will not do that again. One fucking rotation is enough.
>>
>>31805759
no try my local gun shop that actually carries black rifles and does $25 transfers. Meanwhile its competitors are fudd central for selection and charge $60+ for transfers.
>>
>>31805857
everything on the street for a few blocks was taken, with a few spots where you could maybe drift a smartcar in sideways
>>
>>31804233
There is some clearance stuff in the back. Usually stuff that has been on the shelves too long. Some sccy's, old revolvers, taurus, stuff like that. All of them are marked "We pay the sales tax" or "Talk us down."

Had one gentleman manage to talk one of the sccys down to $150, then beat the store owner in an arm wrestle to bring it down to $100 even.
>>
>>31805862
nah this was in CA. pretty common theft tactic for jewelry stores too i think.
>steal car
>drive out to jimbo's pawn shop with an accomplice in another car
>smash stolen car through the doors/whatever
>stuff a bunch of shit into a pillowcase
>gtfo after 1:30 max
>>
>>31805917

If you don't mind crossing the street, the side street next to the furniture store is always clear.
>>
>>31805888
similar situation in in northern CA. for the longest time the most tactical thing stores had were those .22 mossberg AR15-with-fetal-alcohol-syndrome things. they'd charge $100 for transfers and $160 for online transfers, while telling you AR and AK pattern rifles are illegal sonny, so don't even ask
nice repeating digits
>>
>>31805870
>>31805872
I'm on the other side of the wall, some of the shit I've done is somewhat /k/ related.

>There are 24 hours in a day
>I am awake for around 18 of those
>The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma

>be me
>arrange chairs into comfy position and chill
>every fucking night some faggot moves the chairs back
>get sick of his shit
>build a huge fucking fort out of all the furniture
>pretend I was at Stalingrad
Someone thought it was a good idea to put a copy of the communist manifesto in the library, I became inspired and yelled about the bourgeoisie and the fascist dogs. Random acts of communism were apparently not covered, so none of the nurses knew what to do. I held my fort for a couple hours, eventually one of the nurses aids who knew me dragged me out of my fort as I shouted "The only thing the proletariat have to lose is their chains"

Furniture was all put back the next day.
>>
>>31805140
I work at academy, occasionally we'll find a live round in a svd9e or one of the sw40s. We sell them like hot cakes and they come in just as quick maybe once or twice a year we'll find a loaded round in a gun, but we double/ triple check before they get out to the customer, shit does happen, but I'll have a shot with Taylor swift before a loaded gun goes to a customer in a big box lgs or a reputable lgs
>>
> Go to LGS
> Start BG check for rifle I ordered
> Processing
> Owner shows me neat stock he just got in
> Nothing pushy, just "You don't see this every day"
> Other customers pretty cool
> Discuss optics
> BG check clears
> Promise to come back when gun fund refills

Pretty much all of my experiences
>>
File: Dock St..jpg (145KB, 1445x717px) Image search: [Google]
Dock St..jpg
145KB, 1445x717px
>>31805917

Pic from where I park sometimes.
>>
>>31805079
Shit I've installed Internet for 2 years. I'm 23 and cleared $52k last year. I'm not even capped out on our wage scale.
>>
File: 1397519754679.jpg (316KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1397519754679.jpg
316KB, 1280x720px
>>31805995
I generally didn't do shit besides clean house at connect four, I pretended to be Alexander the Great for 48 hours once.

>Morning check in
>Any goals for the day
>I yearn to reach Okeanos
>Some new bitch comes in and sits on my couch
>Is it not worthy of tears that there are so many couches, yet I am unable to become lord of a single one
>She stares at me then gets up and moves
>>
>>31805888
>not finding a guy who does transfers at his kitchen table for $12.50 ($15 for handguns)
>>
>>31804611
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/.22_Eargesplitten_Loudenboomer
>>
>>31805995

There's crazy and then there are CRAZY. The latter is the unfortunate shits I had to deal with.
>>
>>31802926

>ive built sets thus dabbled in architecture

I ran to catch a plane once thus dabbled in olympic dashes
>>
>>31801541
People who actually make decent money aren't too keen to waste it and pay more than somethings worth.
>>
>>31802744 is me, here's another one from today actually.

>Go in to look at used deals, since I was nearby.
>There are only a couple employees there who know their shit.
>P30L is in, and I talk to one of the guys I like while I look it over.
>"Honestly if this was 9mm, I'd be walking out with this."
>We both chuckle, another employee pipes up.
>"Why? .40 has more stopping power. Are you worried about recoil?"
>I'm squinting at this idiot (not .22 guy) trying to figure out if he's joking, salesman I like speaks up first.
>"Uhhh, you (me) carry a .45 don't you? I don't think he's worried about recoil dude."
>Ask my guy if they stock the P30L new
>"No..."
>"Oh, why?"
>He looks visibly frustrated
>"I wish I could tell you."
>Look around a bit more, and realize how much all their prices have inflated.
>Bummed out that I probably will never go back even though I really like some of the staff.

Anybody know any good stores around Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue?
>>
>>31802009
>>31801800
I feel like most anons who say this stuff weren't raised in a big city.

Cities are hell.
>>
>>31804478
Poorfag that can't get a degree and go anywhere in life detected
>>
>>31801444
ive got a story. also from pa, elk county if it makes a difference.

>be me 8 years ago
>a week after i turned 18
>go to LGS to buy my first rifle
>know very very little about guns besides which end the bullet leaves
>have been hunting but only used borrowed rifles
>go to buy my first own hunting rifle
>ask worker to help me pick something out, he asks what i want the rifle for
>tell him deer, bear, coyotes, just plain shooting once in a while for fun
>tell him i have about a $1200 budget
>ends up selling me a savage 30-06 and helped me pick out some good rounds for hunting, target, etc
>bore sighted the rifle and showed me how to fully zero it, clean and disassemble it, everything
>ended up only paying like $450 for everything

that fucking retard could have jewed me into a more expensive gun but gave me a quality rifle way under budget that i still use today, what a moron!
>>
>>31806050
Some stuff to dissuade anons from working with mental patients, I'll try to think of some funny stories

>cunts who are obviously not actually mentally ill
>smear black watercolors on paper and act like that makes them deep
>are huge dicks to staff won't do basic shit like stand in line when told, won't clean their fucking rooms, make staff do everything for them.

Then there are the actual crazy ones, which is pretty rough even when they're nice
>blood draw day, 3 days a week where I was
>one girl was otherwise nice, crazy, but in general did her best to not be a cunt
>fucking terrified of needles
>it took 5 people to draw blood from her, 4 to hold her down one to actually do it.
>The fucking screams
>It was the same 5 people
>3 days a week
>every week
>the fucking screams

Then theres also the actual shit you thought you signed up for, helping people through terrifying hallucinations, helping people discern fiction from reality, in general dealing with the mentally it.

That shit will break you, I was in for a long fucking time so I got to know some of the nurses pretty well, same with the patients. A couple of them told me they thought that they could take it but seeing crippling mental illness day after day wore them down and they couldn't deal with it and wanted to transfer out as soon as they could.

Then there were the legitimately crazy people who were assholes. The shitheads who would intentionally set off the paranoid schizos (guess who had to calm them down, thats right, you did)
Depending on what their brand of special was you have to deal with really loud, really strong, really dedicated people who fuck shit up periodically every single fucking day, won't apologize and you have to sit there and take it because its your job.

I can go into more detail on any part of it if anyone cares, I was in for a looooooong fucking time so I know the system pretty well.
>>
>>31806123
This was Discount Gun Sales on Lake City Way, wasn't it.
>>
>>31806206
The worst was when I was in the ED unit. Lots of mentally ill people can hold their shit together pretty well, I was friends with a girl who had super severe OCD, once you got to know her and deal with her tics it was fine, similar to dealing with normal human beings.

ED unit is filled with people who have to face abject fucking terror 3 times a day (meals) and then spend the rest of the day dealing with. Everyone is depressed as fuck, everyone is just counting the time until the next meal, it's tense constantly, people break down into tears all the time, etc.

I was only in ED for about a month so I didn't get to know it too well. but it was the only special unit that rotated out nurses and nurses aids from the general mental disorded unit so nobody had to work more than a week, week and a half there at a time.
>>
>>31801541
More like a week of work. Not worth it for an overpriced pistol.
>>
>>31806304

nice blog
>>
>>31806334
fuck off
>>
File: 1333769562197.jpg (56KB, 944x719px) Image search: [Google]
1333769562197.jpg
56KB, 944x719px
>>31806334
Thanks, I go in for ECT tomorrow so I'm stressed the fuck out and don't have anywhere else to vent.

Sorry if I'm ruining gun store thread #34605 I'll let you get back to it

Just kidding, no I won't
>>
>>31804392
My local Wal-Mart doesn't stock firearms. ALso, .22LR is limit two boxes or one brick per customer, shelf is always bare.

Such is life in the DPRC
>>
File: 1334827578686.jpg (14KB, 256x345px) Image search: [Google]
1334827578686.jpg
14KB, 256x345px
>>31806365
>last day in ED unit
>nice girl with pretty severe ED, 7/10 maybe, she could eat but hated it
>dick father
>basically got disowned because she was a drain on the family or some shit
>insurance was paying for everything so they were just being dicks
>I was packing up so I wasn't super keyed in
>walk out of my room after packing my bags and she's still sitting on the floor with the phone in her lap and tears running down her face.
>The last thing I see as I leave the ED unit is her waving goodbye with 1000 yard stare eyes

I don't even remember her name
>>
>>31806297
Federal Way Discount. They used to be pretty good, but they've gone from that to mediocre, to sub par. Everything is marked up now, I honestly can't justify even using it as my FFL of choice since it's 40 dollars to transfer, and I know there's better out there. Part of the last nail in the coffin was seeing the mark up on their lowers.
>>
>>31806447
>I honestly can't justify even using it as my FFL of choice since it's 40 dollars to transfer, and I know there's better out there.

Waffenfabrik West. See >>31806065
>>
>>31805711
>carliving.info
>information site for living in a car like a hobo

I'm judging you Tacomafag. I may be from Everett, but I'm judging you all the same.
>>
>>31805595
>Shuffles into store
>Stares at clerk for 30 minutes while silently fidgeting
>Inches closer every time the clerk helps another customer or looks away
>Finally at the counter
>Staring at floor intensely
>Mumbles something while averting eye contact
>Places wad of sweaty cash on counter
>Clerk sizes him up, turns around, and comes back with a hi-power, a box of 9mm, and the paperwork
>>
>>31806484
I don't ever really keep track of or sort my bookmarks
I've got exhentai shit in folders meant for game mods
>>
>>31806438
>back in general unit
>shit had gone down tl;dr was basically mute
>angry super tatted up dude everyone was afraid of, only really had drug problems but got fucked by someone somewhere in the process and got put in the crazy ward
>wouldn't talk with any of the nurses, was vocally pissed that he was there
>shit was pretty tense and there were lots of incidents, a nurse got punched in the dick (I forget to mention, that shit happens a lot) it was in general pretty shit.
>only one there who knew what the fuck was going on, nurses literally didn't sign up for this
>walk up to dude with a piece of paper that says "sit the fuck down and listen to me"
>spend like an hour explaining hospital structure and policy to this dude via pen and paper
>explain he has to follow the rules and participate in the stupid shit they make you do to transfer out
>he asks the right questions and gets set up for transfer into the drug unit
>turns out he's a total bro and just sick of this shit
>nobody fucked with me for the rest of the time he was there because they thought I was some sort of voodoo wizard who could tamed the angry dude

And that was the time I saved crazy land.
>>
>>31805810
I've known medical fields to be kinda unstable for keeping work. I have a lot of friends and coworkers that had to switch to blue collar work because their chosen field got flooded with people trying to make big money and that drove wages down. Some fields also need to maintain certificate updates that can get costly.

Also, glorious Washington has a high rate of pay for blue collar workers but an exorbitant cost of living that comes from areas with high paying jobs.
>>
>>31803181
Wait... is not getting exact change something that happens?
>>
>>31806480
Just looked it up. Sounds awesome, is he fairly responsive?

Now I just need to hunt around for a brick and mortar that has good used sales.
>>
>>31803559

Hayyy! I remember this thread...

anything not in tomorrow burns my retinas tho
>>
>>31806551
Takes him a day or two to respond by email. I've never tried calling him by phone, but that might be more expedient.
>>
>>31806508
Lol, and I uses to drive around hacking peoples Wi-Fi and putting debauched porn into their school powerpoints and seemingly important files.

Everett is as shitty if not more so than Tacoma and I was making a poor play at it.
>>
>>31806511
That's pretty much it story wise, stay the fuck away from mental hospitals, shits not worth it. Otherwise good luck with your career in medicine.
>>
>>31803045
bruh I got my xd mod 2 for 410, where the fuckingcucklebutts do you live
>>
>>31802258
How many you need senpai? Work at a LSG, customers give me their old stippers cause they fire AKs, have so many I don't know what to do with.
>>
File: 1467515985521.jpg (16KB, 302x269px) Image search: [Google]
1467515985521.jpg
16KB, 302x269px
>>31806156
>Yfw he probably had excess savage inventory due to axis and hog hunter non accutrigger accustock combos being shitty and everywhere
>Yfw your should have bought a real savage, Ruger, rem700, tikka, or Sako and a $5-600 scope
>>
story time cause I cant into green text, bought guns drunk as piss and the clerks had to of smelled it but I didn't fuck with the guns I went in and told them what I was looking for and asked for papers and left lol no big deal however, I go in and my buddy is talking about killing families and shit just being a jackass and they almost wouldn't sell me the ar that I had already ordered.
>>
>go into local establishment
>order rooty tooty, point and shooty
>leave with crisps and pint of lager
>jolly good

'merika!
>>
>>31802884
Fucking christ this is so accurate...

Lemme add to that list.
>Oh you have .22 in stock! Lemme buy all of it! This stuff is hard to find!
No shit, people like you buy us out every fucking time...
>Muzzle swept by LIVE FUCKING GUNS
I've stopped counting that one... Toss your faggot ass out so fast when that happens.
>Do you have a SCAR?
No, and the back order time is 2+ years.
>Are those full auto?
No
>>
How hard would it be to get my own FFL so I can just have shit mailed directly to my house?
>>
>>31806689
Not hard, just more expensive than its worth

Tabletop FFLs have been cracked down on by ATF faggots in recent years.

If you want to have a side business of making $5-10 transferring guns and getting shit at wholesale price for several Hundo a year, go for it
>>
>>31802763
might have been the 22lr version?
>>
>Go to buy my first gun
>Mossberg 500, 18 inch barrel, extended tube
>Already know what I want, that the store has it, and that I have enough money
>Goofy half mexican friend wants to come along
>Sure thing buddy
>Get to the store
>Am already asking for the Mossy
>"I want to see the one the killers use"
>Oh god, Jose shut your fucking mouth
>"Yeah like, special forces. The real killers. I want a real killer's weapon"
>Imnotwithhim.jpg
>"m16"
>"fitty cal"
>mfw
>Finish buying mossy
>Never go back
>>
File: 1477371048398.jpg (59KB, 887x960px) Image search: [Google]
1477371048398.jpg
59KB, 887x960px
>walk in and ask if they carry ar lowers
>only have Andersons
>it's 159.99
>for a stripped fucking anderson
>360 and walk out the door
https://fullarmorfirearms.com website related.
Feel free to get a good laugh If you can manage to navigate this awful website
>>
>>31803406
>no one cares about your GPA
it's this attitude that got society to a point where PhD grads are working in a 7-11
>>
>>31806677
How do you not draw down on then each time they do it? Fuck that noise.

I'd like a gun, but fuck me if I'm not aware that it could end the life with of anything it's pointed at with just a eighth inch of movement.
>>
File: 1438513569208.jpg (63KB, 622x521px) Image search: [Google]
1438513569208.jpg
63KB, 622x521px
>>31803060
>>31805378
>>31805425
>STEM Major
>Did two major related internships through family connections during highschool.
>Used work experience to get job at college.
>Get paid almost double minimum to do major related work.
>Keep getting my 2.6 GPA shit on by other people.
Who are these people who decide on 3.0 GPA cut offs? There are good people who don't even have an associates.
>>
>>31806602
Howd you end up working there? Do you have a degree in phsycology or some shit?
I have no idea what i want to study in college but mental health sounds sort of interesting. Inb4 underage, airforce signed off on my school benefits so im going to start classes at community college while im in.
>>
>>31806123
Precise Shooter in Lynnwood is A++, great staff and selection, $25 transfers iirc. Check out their site. Prices are competitive.

West coast armory in bellebutts is very well stocked and the staff is professional. Lots of rental options. Mostly MSRP tho.
>>
>>31803305
wear a button up and depending on what kind of hair you have try to make it look somewhat presentable. you need to look like a self sufficient adult. im a 21 year old skinny fag spic with long hair and a beard and i get treated pretty well since i dress up decently and tie my hair back

also try to research the guns you interested before hand so you dont accidentally something and you have questions to ask about it
>>
>>31805512
>>31806714
I wound up buying a Colt, so I could be mistaken on this, but... can't you just swap out the upper/magazine on an M&P just like any other AR?
>>
>>31806856
as far as i know, i've never handled a M&P
>>
File: rekt.png (13KB, 1065x160px) Image search: [Google]
rekt.png
13KB, 1065x160px
>>31803519
>bullshit lib arts program
>fully accredited Mechanical Engineering program
k...
>>
>>31805711
Bruh I live right between that place and bullseye. Always weird seeing someone else from Tacoma, except for that fat cunt with a Ducati on /o/. That's not you right?
>>
File: 1435194745803.jpg (42KB, 669x746px) Image search: [Google]
1435194745803.jpg
42KB, 669x746px
>>31806881
>2.0 is good standinh
muh nigga :^)
>>
>>31805653
Right now I help out in our Center for Alternative Fuels Engines and Emissions. I directly work for the professor who led the study that discovered VWs emission cheating software.
>>
File: wet jeep.jpg (526KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
wet jeep.jpg
526KB, 1632x1224px
>>31806886
>That's not you right?
no I drive this pile of shit
>>
>>31806894
It sucks that you don't go to a school that stresses experience over academics. No company in engineering gives a fuck about your GPA if you can point to several projects, or internships on your resume. There is a reason why companies always ask about 'hobbies' and things.

No one wants to hire a 4.0 student who is 2 dimensional. A well rounded 2.0 is more valuable than an introvert, study focused 4.0, all day long.
>>
>>31806902
In my country (eastern europe) this is a pretty good car to have :c .
>>
>>31806916
This. My outside projects like Formula SAE and Design/Build/Fly got me my current job.
>>
>>31806933
Oh shit you did Formula SAE? My school has a couple capstone classes for it. How was your experience with it?
>>
>>31806916
I live in a country where experience is valued over anything.

Read: If you have no experience you are not hired regardless of education. Some jobs dont give a fuck about being able to finish high school if you have the needed experience.

Therefore, there's high unemployment rate among the young
>>
>>31806916
What I meant was that I'm also from a school where 2.0 is the minimum requirement. No sarcasm.
I'm -> >>31806773
>>
>>31806943
oh shit my bad m8. In any case, my point stands for that guy.
>>
>>31806731
>implying any Ph.D. program won't boot your ass out after year 2 if you have below a 3.0
>implying you went to college

get back to flipping mah burgers, mcdick
>>
File: friends1.jpg (57KB, 529x386px) Image search: [Google]
friends1.jpg
57KB, 529x386px
>>31806950
>oh shit my bad m8
>>
>>31804478
Well aren't you a little cunt?
It's not like people would ever go to college to get a degree so they can get into a field they enjoy instead of slaving away in some factory doing menial tasks.

Money is money sure, but I'd much rather struggle for 6 years in college for a Masters in something like High School Education than keep working in my current job where I make probably just as much
>>
>>31806938
A lot of fun, and great people to hang out with.
>>
>>31801541
LGS manager detected
>>
>>31806743
Cause it's usually not a situation where I'd be drawing? Normally goes like this;
Can I help you with something?
>Yeah, could you look at my firearm?
>[Insert reason here, gunsmith work, question, appraisal, thinks I've not seen X gun before]
[Protip, I've seen your gun before, people with actually interesting guns don't normally show other people unless they know you / your tastes]
>Customer takes gunbag and places it on counter.

Now store policy is that we ask to see FOID card [woo IL] first otherwise we can NOT legally hand a firearm back to you if you don't have one, and that we [LGS employee] take the firearm out of the case and clear it.

This is the point that the customer either just takes that shit out and flags the whole fucking store before we can basically yell at them to show us/me a FOID, or to stop what they are doing.

>Get flagged
>Check gun
>Loaded...

Kick faggot out.

There was only one time I've drawn on someone, I'll greentext if you fucks are interested.
>>
>>31806927
>chrysler jeep
>good car to have
it's reliable transportation but nothing really to write home about
the only good thing about it is the AMC I6 and the exhaust the PO put on it that makes it sound much nicer
>>
>>31806965
Do it.
>>
>>31806965
>There was only one time I've drawn on someone, I'll greentext if you fucks are interested.

Just where the fuck do you think you are?
>>
>>31806927
Can I come visit and party with you? Ill get you and everyone you know drunk for a week.
>>
>>31806962
I'm trying to decide between that, and Baja SAE (a dunebuggy competition). They both seem awesome, so idk.

On the Formula project you worked on- was there opportunities for everyone to get involved in design, and fabrication? Or was there only room for a few key members to actually do anything off the whiteboard in meetings?
>>
>>31806965
Man, I was in a store in Indiana that was close to the Illinois border and the guy there asked which state I was from when I asked to look at something. That's how I found out about FOID cards. Apparently they don't let people from IL even handle anything without one.
>>
>>31805255
Every gun is to be checked.
>Be in apprenticeship for armorer
>during the final exam weeks one of the inspectors is coming along with a random gun
>demands that i quickly take it and say something about it
>demands not to bother with checking if its empty because there was a shitload of inspectors acting as customers
>take gun
>check anyways
>takes it back right away and just walks away
>an other apprentice did not do it and failed
Its a fucking simple thing and there is NO reason not to do it. Just like greeting a customer.

Note, in Switzerland you can forget right away to have a fucking unskilled liberal student behind the counter as a clerk. Only competence, no compromise.
>>
>>31806939
>I live in a country where experience is valued over anything.
>Therefore, there's high unemployment rate among the young

And I take it there's constant bitching about how they're not working?

Or is this a poke at the US?
>>
File: Bled_sloveniaPD.com_.jpg (313KB, 1920x900px) Image search: [Google]
Bled_sloveniaPD.com_.jpg
313KB, 1920x900px
>>31806975
I have no friends dude and i am pretty depressed so i don't really get drunk lately.

I was talking about Slovenia.
>>
>>31806970
>>31806974

Meh I'm not sleeping yet.

Little background info, It's a sunday, which is the second busiest day for us after saturday, which wouldn't be a problem if other co-workers didn't just fuckoff and not show up for work. Mom and Pop store, so Boss is rather too lenient about shit like this. Anyways, too many customers, not enough employees, one register guy, me...

>Be around 1300
>Be overworked and dealing with flood of lazy fuckbags that just rolled outta bed and want to come shooting
[seriously, before ~1200 shits dead, mix of church and millennials not rolling outta bed before noon]
>Have a line halfway to the door cause apparently a bus dropped off.
>Range check in/lane rental is also same place for ammo.
>Dealing with a party of 4 renting out firearms, along with massive line of people trying to get on range/buy shit
>Next group of customers are straight up redneck inbred types.
>Trying to multitask all the things, shifting focus between rentals, register, phone, other bullshit.
>Be talking to rednecks trying to get them squared away on a range, fuckwits can't decide one lane or two
>Bounce back to rentals
>Come back, cash out the rental group, look at register.
>Look back up, redneck fuckwit has pistol pointed square at me
"You know wha-"
[In hindsight I'm betting his question was about caliber of his handgun, but who the FUCK POINTS a handgun anywhere else at a cashier ever...]
>Draw down on dude yelling at him to put it down.
>Co-worker damn near bodyslams him and rips pistol out of hands... was loaded...

Took a long ass smoke break afterwords as I watched hillbillies load up their truck and do the drive of shame out of our lot.
>>
>>31806976
I was on a large, well-established team, and there were plenty of opportunities for me to do hand-on stuff. About the only thing they wouldn't let you do without putting in time first was being a part of the group that actually drove and tested the car. The only person I know who was on that subteam his first year was a guy they recruited to be a driver for the autocross event.

As for Formula SAE vs Baja SAE, I would generalize it by saying someone on the FSAE team would be into Formula 1, while someone on the Baja SAE team would be into mudding. (We generally had a low opinion of Baja SAE, but I'm sure there are competent teams out there)
>>
>>31807021
>Took a long ass smoke break afterwords as I watched hillbillies load up their truck and do the drive of shame out of our lot.
I kind of feel bad for him. I hope his friends didn't bully him.
>>
File: IMG_20161025_164753.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161025_164753.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>31806724
>160$

jesus, do you live in commiefornia or something? I just bought a complete anderson lower for 200 out the door.
>>
>>31807047
Turders in California sells Andersons for $69.99 regularly, he's just a dumbass
>>
>>31807046
>pistol pointed square at me
> was loaded

why would you feel sorry for him?
>>
>>31806505
Fucking kek'd
>>
>>31804900
Owner-operator trucker here. Not hard to get that in one load. Pulling hard with teams can easily clear 40k a month or 20k per person. I'm not stupid, but neither am I a doctor. Bout as "average person" as they come. It all depends on what you're willing to put effort into.
>>
>>31807113
Question for you. Recently UBER did a successful trip with their autonomous truck. They delivered some bud light. ANYWAYS, does autonomous trucking bother you? Do you see it as a potential threat? Do you think in the next 5, 10, 20 years truckers will be the new switchboard operators?
>>
>>31807047
anderson complete lowers in CA are $200 in my area
>>
>>31807129
The only thing that bothers me about it, are the news outlets jumping on the bandwagon and telling everyone that our jobs will be replaced. Could there be a reasonable way to fit smart vehicles into logistics and transportation? Maybe in limited capacity, who knows. But I can say with 100 percent certainty that nothing will substitute a sentient human being being behind the wheel. Not saying that humans aren't susceptible to a margin of error, because we sure as fuck are, but there is so much more that I think could go wrong with self piloting vehicles.
>>
>>31807148
isn't truck driver the most common job in like half the states? there's no shortage of drivers if that's the case being made, maintenance and lawsuits will probably be more expensive than just paying a person. also how is cargo going to be secure?
>>
>>31807004
Nope. Its not the US. There isn't THAT much bitching.

Its really not like i am bitching at least. Sent at least 20 resumes online, walked around the neighberhood (live in a big city) and still cant find shit. They ALL ask for experience regardless of the importance of the job, even something that would pass as a first job for some people still asks for experience in the field.
>>
>>31807148
See I, from an engineering standpoint, couldnt disagree more. I think that eventually we will reach a point where cities will mandate all cars be in an autonomous mode. I believe for safety reasons alone its inevitable.

That being said, trucking is different. Truckers often help load/unload, have to fuel trucks, and what if unexpected things happen like a blowout? Hell, I don't think the first generation will be able to back up the trucks as well as humans...

But... eventually I think it will come to pass.
>>
>>31807154
There are over 3 and a half million truckers nation wide, so by and large, yes, it is a very common job. And that number rises every day, people need their shit therefore we need people that are willing to deliver the shit, drivers will always be in demand. As far as lawsuits may go, you got me there, I'm not too sure. Cargo could be secured pre trip, but that's no assurance that it won't fuck up in transit. That's honestly a big part of the job, inspecting your loads when you can as often as you can. Shit doesn't like to sit still.
>>
>>31804346
>>desk counter guy nearly shits himself when I aim a Savage Axis II towards the ceiling

Did you clear it?
>>
>>31807176
The interstate system will likely be the first candidate for automated vehicles, given the limited access and high-quality road design.
>>
>>31807176
Who knows man. You make some good points on the trucking aspect. That's why I don't see them serving in any reasonable capacity. Autonomous passenger vehicle mandates are a bit more plausible, I will agree with you on that. Who knows what the future holds. "Factory worker" no longer holds any real significance, for instance.
>>
>>31807178
trains > trucks
>>
>>31807201
If my rig is stuck on the tracks, then yes, you got me beat
>>
>>31806016
>>31805711
their lakehood shop was a pita to get into as well, it only follows that their tacompton location be shitty as well
really the only thing about them that really irks me is that their online retail business won't allow local pickup, they'd really do a lot more business if they did

meanwhile the bullseye has a parking lot the size a converse shoebox
>>
>>31801412
Which video is this from???
>>
>>31801783
>be college student in COMMIFORNIA
>see a 'Christian' university with a great masters program.

>see all this troubles
>already have a 10/22 but want to get a a rifle in 223 and 1 pistol.

Am I fucked? I want a mossberg MVP or cousin's mini-14 but I have no money.
>>
>>31807176
My guess is we'll see autonomous-assisted trucks first for a long while. With the amount of shit some towns and cities make truckers go through (with respect to tiny roads and the complications that come with), I wouldn't be surprised if the first commercially-available models have a bed behind the driver's seat. Instead of the trucker having to take eight-hour breaks, he would just chill in the back for the highway portion, and then get an alert to "take over soon" sometime within 10 miles from the exit.
>>
>>31803060
Spotted the liberal arts fag
>>
>>31806933
>>31806938

Shieeet negro

Missouri S&T here. Where did you fags go to school?
>>
>>31807527
I'm a mountainqueer.
>>
>>31805791
while I don't like plastic guns and I agree owner was an ass, I hope you do understand that Kek-Tec has shitter quality control than Hi-points.
>>
>be long time employee of LGS
>older guy comes in with his Mohawk 600 wanting us to boresight it
>props it on my leg while my boss (and best friend) is talking to him
>end of barrel pointed right between my eyes
>his finger is in trigger guard
>guy hands over rifle to my boss
>boss works bolt
>live .243 rounds eject

Rethought my life a lot that day. Just remember /k/ommandos, it could happen at any moment, and It will happen quicker than you can imagine.
>>
>>31808312
I fucked up telling that, I meant to say he propped it on HIS leg while my boss was talking to him
>>
>>31805860
They don't keep rental guns in the for sale display cases you fuckstick.
>>
>>31806002
>occasionally we'll find a live round in a svd9e or one of the sw40s

Before or after you've put them in the display case? I bet I know the answer.
>>
>>31805888
How much does it cost an FFL to do a transfer, anyway? I mean, employee costs and shit aside. It seems to me that the ideal strategy would be to ride the transfer cost at the bare minimum and advertise such, which would draw in customers to the shop. Sorta like how (non-refinery-owned) gas stations make almost nothing on selling gas, but use it to draw people into purchasing snacks and shit.

It'd be even better for the gun shop. Here you have a dude that just bought a nice shiny AK or AR or something, and oh hey look at all that ammo we just so happen to stock. How about a cleaning rod or a carrying case?
>>
>>31808312
Not completely related, but I took my shotgun to a range once, and was shooting the shit with the clerk. He asked to see it, so I placed the case on the counter and let him open it. We keep chatting about it and he goes to work the pump, and a snapcap I had forgotten about ejected. He looked at it on the ground for a moment before realizing what it was, and started that sort of relieved/funny-in-hindsight laugh that some people do. I didn't think much of it at the time, but I wonder now how much it startled him.
>>
>>31808463
Yeah man shit like that spooks the fuck out of us
>>
>>31808392
Because you've been to every store on the planet? For your general dumbassary, one of the LGSs I go to has a case of pistols displayed for rent, each with a little tag to buy them as used firearms.
>>
>>31804631
Someone cap this,we will need it for the next humor thread
>>
File: d98.jpg (13KB, 220x276px) Image search: [Google]
d98.jpg
13KB, 220x276px
>>31806787
Definitely will have to check both out. Thanks.

Thought of another
one that made me laugh pretty hard.
>Inna store with girlfriend
>Showing her a few different 9mm single stacks.
>Young Hispanic guy has been awkwardly standing around for a while now
>He sort of floats away every time a sales person starts towards him.
>One of the guys finally just talks to him
>"Were you needing help with anything today?
>Looking across girlfriend and realize this guy is definitely not 21
>"Uhhh, yeah, you guys got like... Dat five seven?"
>Really forcing his voice and trying to sound hard, shit is cringey
>"We have one in right now did you want to see it?"
>Kid handles this gun like it's covered in scalding hot dog cum
>Either not strong enough to rack it open, or can't figure it out.
>Employee is just looking on blank faced
>He's struggling with it still, figures it out, dry fires it holding it to the side.
>Holy fuck nobody is going to say anything?
>I'm smiling like a fucking retard now.
>He awkwardly puts it down
>"Y-yeah man. I'll take it, how much?"
>Hears the prices and looks like he just shat himself
>"So.... wuts da wait on it tho?"
>Employee can tell this kid can't afford this shit.
>"Is this your first gun? Do you have a cpl?"
>"Yeah... No."
>Tune out for a bit while talking to girlfriend.
>He walks by us, he's now looking at the Taurus Curve.
>"...much more affordable, easy to shoot, great for carry.
> Kid is going to do layaway on it, puts his ID down
>"Oh, you're 19..."
>MFW a kid tries to get a Five-seveN to look mobbed up
>>
>>31807295

Get a rifle in 5.56, so it can also fire .223 not the other way around
>>
File: 1468777024656.jpg (54KB, 640x718px) Image search: [Google]
1468777024656.jpg
54KB, 640x718px
I love these threads.

>be working 4 different jobs
>need black bdu pants for a cash security job
>call up a "tactical" shop near my buddies house
>locally owned family business
>"have any suplus bdu pants?"
>"yeah, we got a ton."
>cool I guess I'll leave early and browse
>little did I know
>arrive there and park next to the kitted out chevy truck
>never touched mud in its life
>walk in
>all clothes are $80+ 5.11 """""surplus""""
>sks for $450+
>glock circle jerk
>mag pull only attachments
>military and police only section
>mags at $20-$50
>ask the dude at the counter where the surplus is or if they have m9 mags
>points at the 5.11 and the glock section
>"we carry mostly glock."
>walk out and pick up 2 pair bdu at Fleet Farm for $14

You deserved getting robbed by a meth head.
>>
>>31806916
This is not true, and you will NEVER get a paid internship without a 3.2+ GPA. (unless you know people)

But you can probably slide with mechanical engineering.
>>
>>31808803
Simply untrue, I have had two, and once again I am at a 2.49. They literally never even asked about my GPA (obviously don't include <3.0 on resume). If you are personable, and have relevant experience you WILL get paid internship offers.
>>
>>31807527
University of Washington
>>
>>31808571
Sounds liks someone I know.
>>
>>31805039
Call of duty has them.
>>
>>31808803
I make $15.25/hr at my internship.. My GPA is 3.1.
>>
>>31809438
What field?
Thread posts: 340
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.