[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can they fucking do this? For you non Australians or unknowing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9

File: ausflag.jpg (11KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
ausflag.jpg
11KB, 300x199px
How can they fucking do this?

For you non Australians or unknowing Australians. The police ministers of the country are fixing to make lever action shotguns of greater than 5 magazine capacity Category D. Meaning only police and professional contract shooters can own them.

A FUCKING LEVER ACTION SHOTGUN

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY. If this passes, a semi automatic shotgun will be more accessible than a lever action shotgun. Fucking jesus christ.
>>
>>31800784
>If this passes, a semi automatic shotgun will be more accessible than a lever action shotgun

I wouldn't mention this too loudly
>>
Citation?
>>
>>31800923
fb.com /ShootersUnionOfQueensland/photos/a.357349871039000.84056.316398288467492/1121078147999498/

Luckily the NSW police minister is trying to veto their attempt to make it Cat D and trying to say it should only be Cat B if it has to be a new category.
>>
File: feel.cc.jpg (37KB, 482x441px) Image search: [Google]
feel.cc.jpg
37KB, 482x441px
it just keeps happening.
>>
>>31800784
It just never fucking ends.

I just found out I'm breaking the law by owning compound bows without being a member of a club here in WA.
Don't want to pay some cunt $90 a year so I can shoot my own arrows, out of my own bow at my own target on my own land.
>>
>>31803708
compound bows now? fucking hell i thought crossbows was retarded but now even compound bows
>>
>>31800784
I already have my cat D licence and I don't like shot guns, so I don't care hahahah...

But yeah this sucks, Australia is going down hill quick.
>>
>>31804575
Yeah, there's a right up by a poor cunt in Perth getting reamed on a routine traffic stop after stump shooting on his mate's property.
>>
Burger here. I thought any shotgun over 5 rounds already was Cat D? Or was it Cat C?
>>
>>31804705
Cat A has no magazine capacity typically.

A pump action or semi auto shotgun 5 rounds or under is Cat C, over 5 rounds it's Cat D.
>>
>>31804633
That's what makes it even more retarded, Shotguns aren't some super powerful insta gib military assault death gun. I dont even know if there's ever been a spree killing with a shotgun, maybe that one in NZ where the mentally disabled kid who wasn't meant to be out of the care facility was taken home by his parents and he grabbed his dads gun and shot them all.
>>
>>31804769
No I'm talking about how the media and politicians are convinced shotguns are some super deadly weapon and are always trying to heavily restrict them.

I'm 100% positive it's just action movies with overplayed violence.
>>
>>31803708
>can't own compound bow without getting swatted
>can't play video games without getting swatted
How did Australia get so cuck'd after Port Arthur?
>>
Australia is the legal equivalent of the Ramirez meme.

"AUSTRALIA, BAN EVERYTHING!"

Ironic for a country with a convict past. Now you want to ban everything. You'd ban gravity if such a thing was possible.
>>
File: katrinadawson.jpg (83KB, 634x938px) Image search: [Google]
katrinadawson.jpg
83KB, 634x938px
>you don't need a gun to protect yourself just call the police
>police arrive and shoot you instead of the terrorist
>>
>>31804828
majority of the population think banning things is a great idea for solving problems. ask them what they think should be done about any issue and they just say ban it.
>>
>>31804730

So nothing is effectively changing then? Is that a win or a loss for pro-gun voters?
>>
>>31804796
The unholy trinity of metropolis.
Shitney, Hellbourne and Pissbane.

What they decide, we have to live by.
>>
File: chimney.jpg (105KB, 640x740px) Image search: [Google]
chimney.jpg
105KB, 640x740px
Can I still get a lever rifle when my wife makes me move back?
>>
>>31804863
A big loss because now lever action shotguns will be capped at 5 rounds and anything higher capacity will be largely inaccessible unless shooting large animals is your profession.
>>
>>31804890
I should add that no professional shooter is going to waste money on a lever action shotgun since it's largely useless for their job.
>>
>>31804889
yes
>>
>>31805054

Great. I love cowboy rifles.
>>
>>31800784
There are lever action shotguns that take more than 5 rounds?
Mare's leg/1887 hold 5 +1
>>
>>31805484
It's called the adler and sold a fuckload here, also caused a shitstorm.
>>
>>31805590
Well fuck.
>>
>>31804828

Physics interactions are responsible for %100 of human deaths!

Guys we need to ban the universe!!
>>
>>31805484
People also stick extension tubes onto 1887s so they can old 7-10 rounds.
>>
>>31801160
>the NSW police minister
How the fuck did somebody so based end up in such a position?
>>
>>31804908
So your saying a gun that exists only to abuse a loophole is no longer able to abuse that loophole?
>>
I find it hilarious that this entire fiasco was caused not buy a spate of lever shotgun crimes or a mass shooting, but because of one single youtube video made to market the gun. A debate over a category of firearm which hasn't come up once since 1996 ended up in parliament because of a single fucking youtube video. What hope do we have?
>>
>>31806770
this is some weak b8
>>
>>31806867
also because of the sydney siege where a muslim shot two hostages with a pump action sawn off and the cops shot and killed a third hostage.

tony fagbot had to look busy so he said woah hol up ban this shotgun
>>
>>31806909
Not even slightly, that video is the sole cause of this whole thing.
>>
>>31806968
benghazi
>>
>>31806907
>stating facts is now bait

People like you are why democracy stops working
>>
>>31806994
go post that on facebook you might get a genuine response
>>
>>31806867
Actually a lesser known instigative issue was the triple barrel , that reopened a revision of the NFA here in Australia , then NIOA made a video of the Adler and Canberra went crazy.
>>
File: Silouhette Dan.gif (4KB, 597x605px) Image search: [Google]
Silouhette Dan.gif
4KB, 597x605px
>>31801160
here's hoping that leverguns get made Cat' B and this decision leads to a precedent and has the pump action with 5 or less moved from Cat' C to Cat' B , optimistic I know , but here is hoping.
>>
>>31806968
do you have a link to the video? I'm curious what could cause such a ruckus
>>
>>31807063
I can't find it anymore, maybe they took it down?
>>
>>31806867
Our politicians were literally hoodwinked by an advertisement.
>>
Who would have thought that it would have been NSW that put up a fight.

The Nationals are on our side in this. In all honesty, if they had spoke up in 1996 we wouldn't have gotten the bullshit laws that we're stuck with now.

Maintaining what we've got is the priority. The states and feds can't ban shit unless they have an unanimous decision. Perhaps the best thing that can happen is for the Adler and other similar shotguns to stay neutered at 5 shots but in the current category.

I spoke to the bloke from Adelaide who has been making the tube extensions, he seemed tip top.
>>
>>31807122
Are the politicians have just realized that our 'gold standard' gun law are a contradictory mess rushed threw as a knee jerk reaction to port arthur before the full details had emerged. Now they're starting panic and want to rush through changes before the general public at large figures out just how full of shit the whole situation is.

Just remember everyone a 5.56 pump action rifle that takes STANAG mags is still considered cat B
>>
>>31806770
0/10
>>
>>31807230
neutered to 10 rounds under Cat' B almost everywhere in Aus'.

Stock configuration neutered to traditional factory style non pistol grip in NSW and WA.

Could be next on the chopping block , when the Government and the firearm abolishment groups like Gun Control Australia are done banning lever action shotguns , then lever action rifles , then pump rifles , then banning "high capacity" 10 round magazines and tubes.
Then limiting all long guns left in Australian hands to single shot.

They will slowly work their way towards this until they can finally have most people banned from owning a gun.
>>
>>31807261
Are you lot seeing it now?
It isn't about safety. It's about control. It always has been.
>>
>>31807269
it started in 1996 and never ended , I still vividly recall the 2003 pistol laws being enacted , I was in the Army Reserves at the time and many of the police who were reservists at the time said the pistol legislation restricting handguns was ridiculous.
>>
>>31807269
You mean to tell me laws that treat paintball guns the same as actual firearms aren't about safety?
>>
>>31807286
don't forget other non-guns like airsoft , replicas and permanently deactivated lumps of wood and steel.
>>
>>31807269
Yes , we have known about the UN Agenda 21 for years.

I believe it has been renamed now and revised , but is essentially the same document.
>>
File: megatronpermitt.jpg (50KB, 529x660px) Image search: [Google]
megatronpermitt.jpg
50KB, 529x660px
>>31807304
>UN Agenda 21 for years.

Lol conspiracy shit.

It's because Australia has a ridiculous paternalistic nanny-state culture with an extreme risk aversion/safety fetish that is pumped into children at an incredibly young age.

It's why Australia also has the lowest speed limits in the world, despite having overall some of the highest spending and best quality roads. It's why Australia has lockout laws, why music festivals have to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars if not up to millions of dollars for "Risk aversion strategies" from the Government.

It's why pretty much all "extreme"/alternative sports are regulated to such an outrageous degree they are practically banned in Australia, it's why customs will literally seize fucking children toys, films, video games etc etc.

It's why there is no real nightlife in cities, no organic culture, no street food, why bars get shut down with the slightest noise complaints despite the bar has been there decades longer than apartment complexes.

Only the UK could give Australia a serious running in Nanny-state bullshit out of developed western countries.
>>
>>31804834
> just call the police
I never understood this argument.

Do people who say that shit have ever actually called the police in their lives? Las time I did I had to wait 5 fucking minutes before they even answered the phone.

It's like saying you don't need a fire extinguisher because you can just call firefighters.
>>
I almost want the government to ban all guns so they can scratch their heads as west Sydney and outer Melbourne continue to get weekly drive by shootings.
>>
>>31807334
Most of that doesn't apply to the UK.
The UK doesn't have a nanny state, it's has a 'I don't want to be in any position where someone could sue me for something' state.
We seem to have adopted an American approach to suing people.
>>
>>31800784
They will keep banning shit as long as they can get away with it.

This is how literally every goverment across the history works, they will keep fucking you in the ass as hard as possible until you do something to stop them.

Protest. Take to the streets. Fuck shit up. Make it so banning shit will cause more trouble than it's worth.
>>
>>31807334
Spot on mate. This country could be based as fuck. But people would rather be told by the government what they can and can't do
>>
>>31807355
>5 minutes

the last time i called the police they also sent an ambulance crew over, and the ambulance crew ended up beating the absolute shit out of the guy i called the police on. the police arrived 30 minutes later and scratched their heads while a 5'1 redhead girl was literally screaming this 6'3 crackhead into submission

if we could just give ambo guns that'd be great
>>
File: rea.jpg (639KB, 1024x862px) Image search: [Google]
rea.jpg
639KB, 1024x862px
>>31807334
>lowest speed limits in the world

>6 lane dual carriage way on essentially a dead straight road for 800km
>105kmph
>Cops with speed cameras every fucking 50km

Hume highway has to be the most fucking tedious drive in Australia fuck me dead. That road should be 130km
>>
File: 1471820632904.jpg (24KB, 276x366px) Image search: [Google]
1471820632904.jpg
24KB, 276x366px
>>31804834
fyi she died in the lindt cafe siege

so much accounted for that lightning fast police response
>>
>>31807406
it's 4 lanes and 110 kmh. why would you like about something so easily disproved
>>
>>31807879
Not him but it doesn't change the fact that the biggest killer on country roads is fatigue.
The faster you go, the less time you spend driving.
Right lane on Hume should be unlimited.
>>
>>31807385
Well what are you going to do about it.
>Make Australia Great Again
>>
been reading some news stories, lemme get this straight

>Import a 5-round mag lever action and modify it to hold 11 rounds: LEGAL
>Import a 7-round mag lever action: ILLEGAL

???????
>>
>>31807946
They have the same shithouse rules for importing magazines
>>
>>31807946
Yep, thats right. Thats how retarded the whole thing is.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.