[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It won't trim completely, it constantly wants to nose-up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Screen_160328_152417.jpg (199KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screen_160328_152417.jpg
199KB, 1920x1080px
It won't trim completely, it constantly wants to nose-up during flight, yet this navigation tutorial wants me to stay level during flight. Coming from civilian flight simulators, this is extremely enraging.

Anyone else here play DCS and understand how to control this bloody thing? It's all fucking over the place and I paid money for it so I have to learn it.
>>
>>>/v/
>>
>>31799532
reduce throttle and then trim, you retard.
>>
>>31799959
Did that, still controls like ass. And when I say that I mean that I'm constantly having to move the stick around.
>>
>>>/vg/158254674

DCS general thread on /vg/

I haven't experienced this with the sabre
>>
Do you have a joystick with a trim tab?
>>
>>31800199
No, just a flightstick. Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
>>
>>31800218
that thing in the center of the top of the stick looks like a trim tab to me

do you have trim up/dn/left/right mapped in 'flight controls'?
>>
File: 9849864984094780.png (177KB, 400x453px) Image search: [Google]
9849864984094780.png
177KB, 400x453px
>>31800218
>>31800253
Map this thing to trimming in 'flight controls' of the selected plane, hat up = trim nose down. hat down = trim nose up
>>
You probably need to reduce the steps between trim levels, if that makes sense. It sounds like the gap is too big, so level is between two settings.

Stuff like this is a lot of what makes games like DCS so hard to play on a budget, though. It's designed around analog trim wheels and you're looking at a pretty fancy stick to get them. I've always wanted to get into DCS, but my experience with similar games makes me realize that I'm just going to be frustrated unless I drop $600 or whatever on a Warthog, rudder pedals, and a TrackIR.
>>
>>31799532
What the fuck are you talking about? Literally just trim the elevator and that's it, jesus christ, it's fucking easy.
>>
>>31801233
I tried trimming, it doesnt work after takeoff
>>
>>31799717
>DCS
>/v/

Yeah nah, DCS gets a pass.
>>
>>31801352
Did you raise the flaps after takeoff? (I don't remember if they make you pitch up or pitch down).
Check your joystick assignment and verify that the pitch up down trim is indeed the pitch down trim. Make sure your joystick is calibrated.

When in flight, use external view and check the elevators' position.
>>
>>31801352
.....do you actually know pitch trim even is. or even if you have assigned to the button you're actually pressing?
>>
>>31801439
>>31801390
I assigned it to my joystick. I test elevator movement before and during flight. It doesnt make a fucking difference, but when I SPAWN into the game, the elevator works as intended.

also

>do you raise the flaps

C'mon bro. Stop
>>
>>31801131
You can get a trackir and a ch products setup for around $480 piece by piece but yeah good flight sims aren't easy to ball on a budget in.
>>
>>31801561
Give up, you're retarded
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.