[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How bad are these "budget" red dots? All I have experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: MD-ADS.jpg (71KB, 500x445px) Image search: [Google]
MD-ADS.jpg
71KB, 500x445px
How bad are these "budget" red dots? All I have experience with was the AimPoint I was issued.
>>
Alot of people like the halosun, around 200. The aimpoints are great if you can pay for them, meprolight is good too. Eotech is not worth the price
>>
File: das it mane .png (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
das it mane .png
2MB, 2560x1600px
>>31792960
>Eotech is not worth the price
mfw I wanted Eotech and now they're kill
>>
>>31792931
primary arms reddots are very nice for the price. bright reddot that holds zero, up to 50k hour batt life (if you go advanced model), uses ap micro mounts, warranty from a company with a great rep. its a solid choice if youre looking for a new reddot for under $200
>>
>>31792931
on ar's and other light recoiling weapons they may be fine
>>
whats a good budget MRDS, like docter or RMR but cheap.

burris fastfire perhaps?
>>
>>31792975
I feel similarly, may just wait for them to get cheap and buy one for a prop.
>>
>>31793033
That or Vortex's micro reflex offerings.
>>
>>31793033
ive heard ok things about the FF. vortex venom also gets ok reviews.
>>
been thinking about getting a Trijicon RMR for it's lightweight / ruggedness and co-witnessing with my BUIS
Am I making a mistake?
>>
Bushnell TRS-25 ain't that bad.
>>
>>31793095
I personally beleive that red dots that size belong on top of other magnified optics. Consider looking at the MRO, or Aimpoint offerings.
>>
>>31793128
i would pay a little more for a PA dot just for the AP micro base compatibility.
>>
>>31793095
I bought two after I put one on my vepr , the other is going on my EFC glock
>>
>>31792931

Can anyone weight in on Lucid HD7? I'd never heard of them before an FFL coworker brought one to work for me to check out (hoping I'll buy it from him of course) The reviews are good on Optics Planet, the dot is crisp, they look ok. Anything I need to know?
>>
>>31792931
I love my Vortex Strikefire II, but it's fuckheug and mine only came with a cantilever mount.

Their unlimited "no questions asked" warranty is the best in the business tho
>>
File: 1466440301338.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466440301338.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>31793128
this
>>
>>31792988
>>
>>31793739
what the fuck

>>31792988
they've been used on 50 BMG and been fine
quit being a shill
>>
>>31793128
>>31793449
except shit battery life and mount compatibility

MD-ADS is the best red dot on the market
period
>>
File: IMAG2712.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2712.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
>>31792931
I have one of those
no complaints
used it to kill a shitton of digger squirrels round the barns this summer
>>
Primary Arms advanced micro dot.

Ak operators union beat one up bad and it still worked.
>>
>>31793033
I hate my Burris Fastfire
>>
The Holosun 403G works well. Use one mounted on my AK's Ultimak gas tube and never had any heat problem. I'd avoid the 403A for two reasons. First the battery is on the bottom, which means you have to unmount to change the battery. Secondly, optics with batteries on the bottom are more heat sensitive.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.