[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HSGI Tacos looking at this product as a means to run multiple

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

File: taco.jpg (163KB, 760x570px) Image search: [Google]
taco.jpg
163KB, 760x570px
HSGI Tacos

looking at this product as a means to run multiple weapon systems off 1 plate carrier, instead of swift clips/placards.

can anyone tell me how well 308/7.62x51 magazines (m14/m1a particularly, but also pmag) fit when the pouches are side by side, with mags in them. say 3 pouches, 6 columns across
>>
Two pouches wide, mine worked flawlessly taking ar mags, 5.45, x39, and scar mags fine without issues

However when I got a third one, the amoint that the tacos have to stretch to take a 308 mag choked out the middle pouch so it was really tough to put the mag in and it made the pouches want to not sit flat.

So if you're going two wide, it's great. Three and you might have issues
>>
with 308 I would definitely run a chest rig as opposed to a dedicated plate carrier. many more options man

much more room to work witj
>>
the thing is I want

A) armor plates
B) a molle back panel for hydration integrated
C)quick transition of magazine systems
D) access to GP etc pouches
>>
>>31792373
I use three singles on my PC and three more (one rifle/rifle, two pistol/rifle) on belt. >>31792464 is spot on about things getting a bit tight. You can save yourself some grief by assume one empty row of molle, but if you are sick with six rows, then just be aware that you will have problems using that last pouch.
>>
File: d3crh.jpg (52KB, 580x580px) Image search: [Google]
d3crh.jpg
52KB, 580x580px
>>31792674
>>31792802

the reason I say 6 is because thats whats across the front chest of most of the carrier Im interested in, where I want to put my mags. a pouch or two maybe on the non dominant side is fine but I figure I should fill up the front first. the d3crh chest rig seemed promising with the m2 clips but another anon said it wouldnt give the required retention
>>
>>31793006
It seems like you are taking a reasonable approach, but I must warn you of something.

If you start down the path of the geardo, it will dominate your wallet forever. Take it slow, buy quality, and get what you find you need, rather than buying things and then looking for reasons to use them.
>>
shit works
>>
>>31793114
Alright, I see that you are a badass and everything, but I am deeply worried that you do not have enough pistol mags available.

Also, how do you feel about the mount for your magnifier? The only mount I have used extensively is the LaRue, and I rather hate it.
>>
>>31793201
Love it, little bit on the heavy side but it's nothing really.
>>
File: 1474517539689 - Copy.jpg (373KB, 840x1460px) Image search: [Google]
1474517539689 - Copy.jpg
373KB, 840x1460px
>>31793079
What pants?
>>
>>31793114

looks dece

eotech however, does not, unless you like being 11 moa poa shifts in winter time etc

maybe mounting 2 on the front in on one side, with the next to one mounted next but on the cummerbund would alleviate pushing togetherness of the mags. then I could put a 2 panel GP or IFAK on the right side last 2 front panels..what do you anons think of single vs double stacked mag pouches for front of carrier. I am army bro. operator instructor said it never bothered him, another bro said 1 in front only
>>
>>31793236
It seems like anything dealing with magnifiers is, sadly.
>>31793238
Those are some cheapo SOG branded pants I found at Walmart during their brief flirtation with the tactical market. They are quite breathable and have a nice bit of stretch to them, which I like. I do not know if they are still being made.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.