[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am looking to buy a rifle for the home, but I don't know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1476232834057.jpg (132KB, 1024x655px) Image search: [Google]
1476232834057.jpg
132KB, 1024x655px
I am looking to buy a rifle for the home, but I don't know much about them. I've only used an M4 before and thought it was pretty good and accurate. All I have in my home is a 9mm S&W M&P Shield. I'm currently looking at the buying a Beretta ARX100. Is this a good idea? Can /k/ provide me any better suggestions?
>>
Anyone willing to help? Any help would be appreciated. Kinda figured this would be the best place to ask.
>>
>>31792048
If that pic is yours, then you already have a fantastic rifle

What made you want to choose the ARX?
>>
>>31792606
I wish it was mine.

Basically, just read a few reviews on a handful of rifles and that had mostly positives. It also has a rail system, which I feel is a must. Caliber is good for both hunting and defense and price is fair ~1500. But really, I don't know too much about rifles. Was also considering a mossberg for the house because I'm familiar with them.
>>
The ARX is pretty good, but it's pricy for what it is.

People shit on it for not being an AR-15 though. Because in some people's mind if it's in .223 and it's not an AR it's instantly shit.
>>
>>31792901
All I care about is reliability and accuracy. I don't have the access or knowhow to make my own AR. But I'm sure once I move, I'd be able to get the equipment. So I just want a good gun that's a decent price.
>>
home defense? Have neighbors nearby? Shotgun.
>>
>>31793061
Neighbors aren't too close. Have a 5 acre lot. Do need a new shotgun though. Have an old breech loaded double barrel and want to upgrade.
>>
>>31793028
Well, it's a short stroke piston gun, so reliability should be top notch, especially coming from Beretta.

As for accuracy, I put a mag through my friends and I thought it was accurate enough. I don't know if he was using the factory irons or not but with irons I rang the plate at 100 meters consistently, so by my metric its accurate enough.

The only real complaint I've heard about is the charging handle being too short, but that's because they had to make it short for their ambidextrous bolt feature. I'm a righty so the ambi features don't really appeal to me, but they are there.

All in all, its a good rifle but it's pricy compared to its competitors. If you like how it looks and are willing to shell out the dosh for it though, it is a perfectly fine rifle.
>>
>>31793652
Oh ya, and maintenance is stupidly easy.
>>
>>31793652
Thanks for the great info! As for its competitors, do you have any recommendations for any similar rifle that's a bit cheaper?
>>
File: LRs.jpg (109KB, 800x723px) Image search: [Google]
LRs.jpg
109KB, 800x723px
>>31793762
If only Z-M Weapons were still around
>>
>>31793762
Not particularly. The most obvious competitor is the AR-15, but the ARX is composite, piston operated, and generally a newer design, so aside from the caliber and military function they are designed to fulfill they are completely different beasts. You could look into piston operated ARs but from my limited experience with them, they are either as expensive as ARXs or they have iffy reliability. All in all, I don't think too highly of piston ARs.

The next thing that comes to mind is the SCAR, but while the SCAR is more mechanically similar to the ARX, now you've entered the same price point at the ARX, if not higher. Still, it might be worth considering.
>>
>>31793842
They were losing money like mad, and sold the design to Para who then truly ended it.
>>
>>31793926
Thanks again. Looks like I'll probably go with the ARX then.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.