[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello friends. I just purchased my first firearm. I'm sure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 22

File: prettylady.jpg (45KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
prettylady.jpg
45KB, 720x960px
Hello friends.
I just purchased my first firearm. I'm sure experts like yourselves don't need me to specify, but it's a Glock 19 Gen 4.
Two things: 1) Did I do good? and
2) What modifications on this gun are in your opinion essential?
P-please be gentle
>>
>>31789782
>1) Did I do good?
Yes

>2) What modifications on this gun are in your opinion essential?
Put some night sights.

Other than that, buy magazines and have fun.
>>
>>31789782
Steel sights. The Glock-branded ones are fine.

Extended slide release lever, I like the Tangodown/Vickers model

Smooth Glock 17 trigger (for me, I don't like the serrations, if you like it then disregard)
>>
a better thread died for this
>>
>>31789782
The ideal modification that everyone forgets is to throw that POS away and buy a real man's gun like a 1911.
>>
Whether or not you did good depends on how much you paid, but it's a very good gun.

Most people like to trade the sights out for a 3-dot setup, but if you can learn how to use the Glock factory sights, they're not bad. Honestly, there's no changes that need to be made that aren't personal preference.
>>
>>31789782

You did good.

Upgrades to consider:

>High friction grips. Buy manufactured or make your own with skateboard deck tape.

>Tritium sights. Glock stock sights are its primary weakness.

>Extended magazine/slide release controls. Depending on how the gun feels you.

>Mags. Lots of them. Magpul mags are great, cheap and functional.

>9x19mm Snap Caps. Get at least a half dozen.

>.22LR conversion kit with mags. What you spend on this, you will save on ammo costs. It replaces the slide and magazine, leaving you free to practice your gunplay with a consistent trigger and pennies per shot.

Don't stipple the grip unless you're prepared to more than halve the potential resale value of the gun.

The best investment you can make in your gun is practice.

Cleared and safe dry firing in your own home. Practice drawing, stance, presentation, aiming, firing. Drills. Manual of arms. Clearing stoppages. Go slow at first.

First you get Good. Then you get Fast.

Look up instructional videos. Magpuls Art of the Dynamic handgun is good.

Then trigger time. Same as before. Slow. Good. Then fast.

The gun is half of the mechanism. The other half is a trained and competent operator behind the trigger. Spend more money on improving yourself as that operator than on upgrades.
>>
>>31789834
>>31789836
Thanks anon
>>31789846
:^)
>>31789861
Wasn't willing to drop $1000+ on my first piece, sorry
>>31789872
Out the door with cleaning supplies (I know not really necessary with a Glock but I wanted the practice) and a few hours of range time and some ammo, $700.
>>
Do glocks have trouble eating steel cased ammo? Steel 9mm is so cheap but I'm worried my glock will have trouble with it for some reason.
>>
>>31789886
Thanks for all that - do you recommend a specific hip holster?
And for the extended mags, are those legal? Thought there was some stupid law against that.
>>
>>31789886
Don't listen to this. Only buy Glock brand Glock mags. Korean mags are shit and Magpul mags are unproven. The steel lined mags Glock makes for their guns are outstanding.

One accessory you might want to consider is an uplula mag loader. Pistol mags can be hard to load. But I'd learn how to do it without one first, and get it later as a luxury.
>>
>>31789886

Oh also.

Get a stainless steel (not titanium) guide rod.

The plastic one is good, but theoretically it is the Achilles heel of the gun. It's one of the first thing to go in torture tests (albeit after hundreds of consecutive rounds).

Get the steel one then never worry about it again.

Also get a 3.5lb trigger kit.
>>
>>31789782
nobody cares, delete your thread
>>
>>31789928
You don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>31789923

>Magpul mags are unproven

Do you know how stupid you sound right now?

I recommended them because they're a good balance between cheap, reliable and functional.

>Are they as bombproof as glock mags?

No.

>Are they half the cost and from a renowned magazine manufacturer?

Yes.
>>
>>31789948
Convincing counterargument there Cletus.
>>
>>31789782
Just get night sights. Don't fall into the trap of heavy modification before you even know the fundamentals of shooting.
>>
>>31789928
this
>>31789948
>Get a stainless steel (not titanium) guide rod.
>The plastic one is good, but theoretically it is the Achilles heel of the gun. It's one of the first thing to go in torture tests (albeit after hundreds of consecutive rounds).

when will this meme die. the only way it fails is when iv8888 or some other mouth breather runs 8k rounds full auto through the thing and the guide rod melts. using something as it wasnt intended to be used =/= a weak point or fail point
>>
>>31789782
>the year of our lord 2016
>buying a gun that needs mods right out of the box
absolutely haram
>>
>>31789836 here

If you have a Glock 19 then this holster should be the default range carry/OWB hip holster. Especially if you can get it for $28 from Amazon Warehouse Deals.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G9UR7BU
>>
>>31789963
>>31789952
You talk like a fag and your shits all retarded.

The gen 4's already come with three mags. The maximum you should ever need is 5. Glock factory mags are cheap online. There is no reason to waste money on all-plastic mags when you can get high quality steel lined mags from Glock. Your suggestion that he change out his spring guide rod is just more evidence in favor of you being a retard. Next thing you'll recommend will probably be maritime spring cups. Do you own any guns?
>>
>>31789917
Become familiar with your specific local firearm laws.

Also, if you have the option, pursue your CCW licence. Never hurts to have another piece of photo ID and you've already got a popular carry gun.

Can't recommend holsters sorry. Lots of good info out there though.

Also consider buying legal insurance specific to your firearms. Or otherwise see if your existing policy has options. They are valuable property after all with a high incidence of theft. Also, you will want to be covered if, God forbid, you ever have to use it in self defence.
>>
>>31789782
>not buying a sig
way to fuck up
>>
>>31789990
I don't have that exact holster but I do have a Safariland ALS holster for my Glock 19 and I also love it. Would recommend OP.
>>
>>31789782
Invest in some good sights, new guide rod (steel or titanium like >>31789834
suggested) I like grip wraps because I have gorilla hands, and mags enjoy anon

(A good holster isn't a bad investment either)
>>
>>31789941
>>31789846
>same faggot
nah I think the thread will get bumped actually, thanks for playing
>>
>>31790016
>new guide rod
End your life
>>
>>31790013
heck yeah love the thumb lever
>>
>>31790001
Tried it, didn't like the hammer mechanism.
Plus the grip was too small on them.
>>
>>31790013
>>31789990
thanks friendos, will look at that right now
>>
You made the perfect choice for an all around first handgun IMO.

Like people in this thread has said, a lot of people don't like factory glock sights so shoot a few hundred rounds and see how you like them. If you don't get yourself some Dawson's.
>>
1) You did good, anon. Boring, but good.

2)
>Get some night sights with tritium rather than fiber optics or glow paint. (ie. trijicon, XS big dot, etc.)
>Get extra magazines (1 in the gun and two spares for carry, 3 empty at home to rotate every six mmonths/use at the range).
>Get a white light (ie. TLR-1 HL or similar) for home defense.
>NEVER take a gun you anticipate using for self defense outside of manufacturer specifications. Unless it's a range toy you should leave the internals unchanged.
>>
File: 1477283110987.png (11KB, 199x200px) Image search: [Google]
1477283110987.png
11KB, 199x200px
>>31789861
>>
>>31789782
It's going to eject brass into you're face
>>
>>31789782
1. No
2. If you did good you wouldn't even be considering "essential" modifications.
Next time buy an HK and thank me later :).
>>
>>31789861
or you can own multiple guns down the line, including 1911. You know, like any gun loving person who isn't in this for fanboy wars.
>>
>>31789928
>implying gen 4 guide rods aren't robust and that the need for a replacement guide rod died with gen 3
no

>get a 3.5 lb trigger kit
only if you want potential prosecution to tell a jury in your self defense/negligence case that you took your gun outside of the manufacturer's safety specs and thereby assume civil liability.
>>
File: WP_20161017_007[2].jpg (2MB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161017_007[2].jpg
2MB, 3072x1728px
>1) Did I do good?
It's the most gunny gun in the world of guns. It's great if you want a general purpose handgat with a metric fuckload of aftermarket.
>2) What modifications on this gun are in your opinion essential?
The only thing that truly needs swapping out in my eyes are the factory sights. You can replace them with some metal tritium or fiber-optic sights for around $100 or less, be they Glock OEMs or Trijicon. A Ghost 3.5lbs. trigger connector also wouldn't hurt.
>>
>>31790593
>only if you want potential prosecution to tell a jury in your self defense/negligence case that you took your gun outside of the manufacturer's safety specs and thereby assume civil liability.

This is as retarded as saying the metal guide rod is a worthwhile upgrade.
>>
File: mmhKje1.jpg (615KB, 3264x2448px)
mmhKje1.jpg
615KB, 3264x2448px
Good choice. I am considering getting one for my second firearm. It's not that I don't love my Browning Hi Power. It's the opposite. I love it. It fits my hand like a glove and it was made the same year, and possibly even the same month that I was born. I love it so much that I would be really upset if it were to be confiscated by the police for evidence if god forbid I had to use it in a home defense situation.

If I get a glock I'll 1)have something small enough to carry on me 2)won't worry too much about putting thousands of rounds through it to become a better shooter 3)won't care too much if I need to use it and it becomes "evidence" 4)'safe trigger' striker fire seems like a much better option for self defense than single action anyway.

the downside is that I will have spent almost a grand on two very similar pistols. What say you?
>>
>>31790615
>tfw got metal guide rod and frame insert for the sake of memes and 'tisms
:^
>>
>>31789916
Nope, under normal range conditions and moderate rates of fire steel case will run just like anything else.

I wouldn't use it for carry ammo, though.

>>31789917
>specific hip holster
anything specifically fitted for a Glock 19 will house the gun fine, personal comfort is more important for holsters than a brand name and we can't really tell you what will be most comfortable. Personally I find leather/leather backed holsters more comfortable than thermoplastic, canvas, or synthetic fiber backed holsters but you may feel differently.

More important than the holster is the gun belt. Buy a very stiff gun belt as it'll keep your holster in position more reliably and thus speed up your draw and increase retention. Galco makes good entry level belts.

>are high cap mags illegal?
Depends on where you live and how much legal power you believe the 2nd amendment and old preemptive nullification acts of congress have in the current political climate.

New York, Conneticut, Colorado, and California are all states famous for insisting that you aren't allowed to have high capacity magazines, though.

Refer to your local laws to be sure.
>>
>>31789861
>muh fuddyfaiv stoppen powa
I don't not agree with you though.
The 1911 design brought us far superior guns like the LAR Grizzly and Coonan 357.
>>
>>31790562
Go blow yourself up already, childfucker.
>>
>>31789782
Yes.

Buy about 4 extra mags and a bunch of ammunition.
I never quite understood the obsession with night sights. Shoot the fuck out of it the way it is and extrapolate the mods you want from experience. As is, there's nothing that's a must have out of the box.
>>
>>31790666
>you aren't allowed to have high capacity magazines
stop confusing the issue satan, those are regular capacity mags
>>
>>31790644
Glock 19 is fairly renowned as a concealed carry option, nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>31790681
>I never quite understood the obsession with night sights.
2/3 of the appeal is having metal sights that won't get fucked if you the gun gets dropped or if an errant casing hits them. The other third is that you get to aim better in low-light conditions.
>>
>>31789923
this, for any mags you want to be used for anything other than range use, only use Glock manufactured mags in your Glock.

Magpuls have potential, but because the number of pistol mags you need is relatively low for defensive use is relatively low the higher cost of Glock factory mags fades in the rear view pretty quickly.
>>
>>31789992
>>
>>31790648
>I waste money so I can pretend to be le irony meme man on the Internet
Take a look at your life
>>
>>31790699
> if an errant casing hits them
I no-joke had my rearsight fucked because of precisely this on my first range outing with my brand-spanking-new 19. Brass flew back and gouged the plastic to the point it obscured the notch.
>>
>>31789782
>Do glocks have trouble eating steel cased ammo? Steel 9mm is so cheap but I'm worried my glock will have trouble with it for some reason.
Not at all... My 26 does it's range time outdoors and it eats hundreds of rounds of steel case with no issues all.

Hell, I've not cleaned it much either
>>
File: WP_20161017_004[1].jpg (2MB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161017_004[1].jpg
2MB, 3072x1728px
>>31790722
I think what really frazzles your jimjams is that I can afford to. :^
>P.S.
>implying it's ironic
>>
>>31790648
>asriel
i feel a bit sick inside
>>
>>31789992
not him, but what triggers your autism so hard about maritime spring cups?

They cost like zero dollars and increase striker velocity in case the completely plausible happening of you dropping your pistol in a soupy puddle comes to pass.

t. anon who bought maritime spring cups for my carry gun because mud puddles lmao
>>
>>31790722
>I attempt to make people feel bad on the grounds that they spend their own money on things they enjoy.
Take a look at your life.
>>
>>31790746
Isn't it great?
>>
>>31790001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvuosRHdbis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUxgBpjuqxg

>tfw sigs are literally less reliable than HiPoints in adverse conditions
>>
>>31790771
absolutely
>>
>>31790771
Not even his mom the real GOAT.
>>
File: what'safewdeadchildren.png (490KB, 1280x731px) Image search: [Google]
what'safewdeadchildren.png
490KB, 1280x731px
>>31790782
She fails due to being an absolute cunt to Asgore. Like he even did anything wrong/bad.
>>
>>31790699
Fair enough.
>>
>>31790561
Only if you put your head above and to the right of the ejection port during the firing cycle, but why would he do that, anon?

>>31790562
go be a Koch fag elsewhere
>>
>>31789782
I would recommend an extra-power trigger spring, and leave everything else alone unless you feel the need to replace the sights.

An extra power trigger spring will drop about .5 to 1lb of trigger pull weight while giving you a stronger component that is one of the few things in a glock that can fail. It's painlessly easy for anyone to install, and will have no adverse potential side effect on reliability.

I would not recommend doing anything else to the firearm as they're pretty well close to perfect straight out of the box.
>>
>>31790615
Have fun with the headache of civil lawsuits, anon.

Being able to tell them to fuck off and go after Glock who has much better lawyers than you can afford is a nice luxury to have.
>>
>>31790824
Realtalk, I did have some issues with BTF early on, but it has since not occurred over the past few hundred rounds. I've heard it's an issue with the ejector that was fixed with the Gen 4.
>>
>>31790849
I would love to see your evidence that anything as simple as a different trigger bar will make you unable to defend yourself in a self defense case in court.
>>
>>31789976
I mean it doesn't.
You can drive a car as it comes off the lot
or
you can get some cool shit for it
what's your point???
>>
>>31790804
Shoulda had boss Asriel on the ar and prince Asriel on the Glock.
>>
>>31790849
>Shoot someone with stock glawk
>"Not my fault it's Glock's, talk to them"
???????
>>
>>31790666
Wait what the fuck. Do people who CC really change their belts? I have a Kydex that I wear w/ whatever fucking belt matches my shoes. You guys aren't really running around in tactical webbed belts are you?
>>
File: WP_20151116_020.jpg (2MB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151116_020.jpg
2MB, 3072x1728px
>>31790888
Shotagote is on the outside of the AR when it's in nice mode.
>>
Steel sights, steel guide rod, better toggles/buttons, aftermarket barrel with supported chamber, trigger kit, and most importantly, give it back to the seller and get a Glock 26 so you can into CC with an over shirt or something.
>>
>>31790909
That pretty neat.
>>
>>31790869
>>31790889
"what is manufacturer specification and why is it important" the posts

Shit, anons, why do you think they put such heavy triggers in so many guns today? The companies want to shield themselves from civil suits and if you don't follow their example don't be surprised if you run into what they feared would happen.

The massive recalls Remington has had in the past over their triggers are solid evidence as to the importance of trigger weight and the pressure it takes to achieve sear release with regards to civil liability.
>>
>>31790992
>that non-correlation
Shitposter pls go
>>
File: image.jpg (512KB, 2304x1536px)
image.jpg
512KB, 2304x1536px
>>31789782
It's not quite glorious Glock 17, but it's close.
>>
>>31789782
Night sights.

Tritium + fiber optic preferably.
Eventually you can look into a trigger upgrade, but the stock trigger isn't horrible. Using it will help you learn to shoot handguns better too.
>>
>>31790054
>https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G9UR7BU
look at the used and new section, I just got a lefty one for 25 bucks because it has a few scratches on it
>>
File: Glock 17 Gen3 and Pachmayr.jpg (238KB, 1382x778px) Image search: [Google]
Glock 17 Gen3 and Pachmayr.jpg
238KB, 1382x778px
>>31789886
>>High friction grips. Buy manufactured or make your own with skateboard deck tape.

The pachmayr one doesn't really grip hard enough to not slide around. It is nice soft grippy natural rubber, though.

I have it, pic related.
>>
>>31790871
you dropped the ball by not buying a gun that had the features you wanted right out of the box
>>
>>31790897
>Do people who CC really change their belts?
yes
>I have a Kydex that I wear w/ whatever fucking belt matches my shoes.
that's probably fine, it just reduces the regularity of your draw a little bit and likely you could reduce your maximum draw time if you chose a more rigid belt.

If you really wanted to be high speed you'd match your belt size to your preferred pants' belt loop size, buy a dual smooth sided leather holster, and regularly apply leather lightning to it... but that's probably a bit excessive. Getting a good belt for your gun probably serves to increase draw speed by 1/3 second and something like leather lighting or dual smooth sided leather milt sparks holsters serve to increase draw speed less than 1/10th of a second apice... but hey, gunfights only last 3 seconds on average so an extra fraction of a second could make a difference, right?

>You guys aren't really running around in tactical webbed belts are you?
No. It's just nice thick stiff belts like these:
https://www.galcogunleather.com/belts_8_253.html
or these
http://gunbelts.com/
or these
http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/Product/classic-gun-belt
>>
>>31791099
While we're on the subject, anyone got an idea to make it not slip and move around?

Super glue underneath it?
>>
>>31791104
Which compact handguns come out of the box with tritium backlit fiber optic night sights?
>>
>>31791011
>not seeing the correlation
>being this dense

There is a reason Glock ships their competition pistols with 3.5 pound connectors in but their duty and defensive pistols without one in, friendo.
>>
>>31791130
if that's a requirement for a completed gun for OP, he clearly didn't look hard enough
>>
>>31791158
The fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>31791122
>anyone got an idea to make it not slip and move around?
Don't put on a grip sleeve, as it can trap your magazine release in place.

If you're worried about keeping the gun from slipping in your hands just grip it harder. The gen 4 texturing is entirely adequate.
>>
>>31791174
It slips the wrong way for that to happen, it's also a good inch away from the mag release.
>>
>>31789782
>What modifications on this gun are in your opinion essential?

Overwatch trigger or skimmer trigger and some trijicon sights
>>
>>31789782

More ammo.

Shoot about 3k rounds through it, then you'll naturally know what to upgrade.
>>
>>31791172
Not him but op didn't specify those sights as a necessity. This fact alone removes any validity or relevance from your post.
>>
>>31791271
Fucking this. Don't fuck with your gun until you've formed an opinion.
>>
File: 1476145256557.jpg (141KB, 650x650px)
1476145256557.jpg
141KB, 650x650px
Night sights

Extra magazines

ammo

das it mane
>>
>>31789782

>did I do good

Yes. I prefer full size Glocks myself but the 19 is still a great gun

>mods

No. Spend that money on ammo and git gud. Anybody who claims you have to have mods on a Glock shouldn't have bought a Glock in the first place.
>>
>>31791368
aside from sights I agree. Even factory night sights are worlds better than the plastic ones they ship with.
>>
>>31790909
Kek clever
>>
>>31789782
> Did I do good?
depends... firearm choice - absolutely
price - yes if under 550 bucks, meh if 600, no if over.
> What mods?
DAMMIT!!!
Although this question annoys me, I understand why you would ask it as a first time firearm owner. Simply put, DO NOT MODIFY IT UNTIL YOU FIRE IT!!!!!!!!
People will tell you "night sights, guide rod, trigger job, ghost connector, stipple" FUCK....ALL...THAT!!!!!!!
Here's my advise
BUY AMMO, take it out to the range and SHOOT IT a bit. Make sure it runs, and once you do that change what you want to change about the gun to suit YOUR needs.
I too have a G19 and have not changed anything about it, I like the sights, I like the trigger, gun fits like a glove, I can shoot it really well, and until the guide rod starts giving problems it's not going anywhere.
Cheers.
>>
>>31789782
>essential modifications
>on a new handgun
...evidence that glocks are not good carry guns. For a company that likes to shout 'Glock perfection' its strange that there are essential mods for them.
>>
>>31791947
>DAMMIT!!!
>DO NOT MODIFY IT UNTIL YOU FIRE IT!!!!!!!!
>FUCK....ALL...THAT!!!!!!
>Cheers
Holy fuck, kill yourself.
>>
>>31791987
This
>>
>>31789928
Don't listen to this retard. Steel guide rods make your gun heavier and less reliable for no benefit (unless you put hundreds of rounds through it in FA in quick succession).
>>
>>31790001
Exetershit is uglier than a glock tho.
>>
>>31790562
HK doesn't make a good 9mm pistol.
>>
>>31791987
They're not essential though. They're user preference. Even stock though, I would prefer it to any other polymer striker gun on the market.
>>
File: 1475808446404.gif (83KB, 395x281px)
1475808446404.gif
83KB, 395x281px
>>31789893
>$700
Slap an ice pack on that taint, my friend, cause you just got raped.
>>
>>31794313
Depends on the amount of ammo, really. If it was like 6 boxes of good brass case 9mm, that's not the worst price ever.
>>
>>31792135
> I regret my mods
Found him
>>
>>31789893
700 is a bit pricey. I mean how much ammo was it? And how hardcore of a cleaning set? You can honestly get a glock for around 400$ or so
>>
>>31791947

>NOOOO!!! Don't ruin muh precious Glock with something trivial as tiny radioactive dots on shitty Glock sights! Please!

Put a cap on your autism you fucking nigger, they help with aiming in the dark.
>>
>>31789782
Anyone have any suggestions as to what sights to put on a Glock 40 Gen 4?
>>
>>31789782
nothing, glock spent millions of R&D for a reason over 4 generations of the product
>>
>>31790644
not really that similar, they just share a caliber. you have a valid concern, if you have a heirloom or special firearm you cant afford to lose you shouldnt use it for self defense unless absolutely necessary.
>>
>>31790992
>>31791142
Can you explain the correlation of a trigger that randomly fires on its own with one with a lighter trigger pull?
>>
>>31789782
DO NOT MODIFY. YOU DO NOT NEED THAT SHIT. JUST TRAIN WITH IT. EVERYTHING ELSE IS NONSENSE.
>>
>>31790748
>increase striker velocity

ill give you 30 seconds to think of a possible problem.
>>
>>31790897
A good rigid belt vs a shorty floppy belt makes a huge difference in carry, especially with heavier guns, especially owb, especially if using a belt holster. If you haven't noticed you must carry a pretty small/light gun and not mind a little sag.
>>
Looking for a good IWB and OWB holster. Any recommendations for G19. I also just bought one.
>>
>>31790593
People say this but I've never once seen any evidence that doing so impacted an SDI claim or criminal case. Maybe a minor impact if they could prove that it went off when unintended but unless the gun literally fires on its own I don't see it happening unless someone wants to provide precedent. Visual mods like a fucking punisher logo or "black people killer" stenciled on the slide are going to have a higher chance of influencing a jury.
>>
>>31796399
http://raven-concealment-systems1.mybigcommerce.com/eidolon-holster-full-kit/
>>
>>31796422
Pricey but I am assuming the picture says everything?
>>
File: Alcohol-Library.jpg (185KB, 1080x1292px) Image search: [Google]
Alcohol-Library.jpg
185KB, 1080x1292px
>>31796443
RCS is perhaps the best mfg of holsters out there. The eidolon is very configurable, match it to how you want to carry.
>>
>>31789782

Stock and a forend grip. They're only legal in California though.
>>
>>31790644
I did the same thing anon. Got an m&p for a utility and a single action army to live my dreams.
>>
Reminder the first glock mod should be a dremel and stipple to unfuck the grip
>>
>>31795338
They also do >>31790699, I really don't get why people flip the fuck out over some objectively nice upgrade that doesn't even cost $100. I'd say the stock sights are by far and away the biggest issue a Glock has out of the box.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3826x2867px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3826x2867px
The only necessary thing is some kind of metal night sights, I like XS BigDots, and a quality light if it's a nightstand/car gun. I don't normally have a light on it when I carry just because it's easier. If I'm going to be out past dark I'll carry a light in my pocket.

I stippled my 17c which doesn't look terrible if you do it right, but don't do it if you think you might want to sell it. Also, on the slide I added so grip tape one night when I was drunk and bored. I don't think it helps all that much compared to the serrations, but I haven't felt like taking them off lol.

I wouldn't worry about and extended slide stop since you should wrack the slide anyway.

And you can get some Gucci back plates
>>
>>31790748
>much less surface area holding it inside the channel which means higher chance of them ejecting and flying off to god knows where while stripping a slide
>also means any stress on the cups is magnified and gives them a much higher chance of breaking compared to the stock cups
>armorers trained to replace them every 1,000 rounds before they break and clog the striker channel compared to the stock ones lasting basically forever if undisturbed
>>
>>31797143
Or you can not ruin the gun and hold it like a man
>>
File: image.jpg (758KB, 1701x2484px)
image.jpg
758KB, 1701x2484px
>>31797975
Oh the mags are made by ETS and they're solid. 22 rounds for that little bit of extra mag length.

>>31791142
Because most people are stupid and would probably shoot themselves on the draw with a light trigger pull. Will a jury suddenly convict me if I put a nicer trigger in my AR and use it for self defense? What about people who build their own glocks/1911s/ARs from 80% recievers? They probably aren't going to follow a "manufacturer specification" on every part of their gun. This is a retarded fudd myth with no precedent.
>>
>>31791142
That's a neat idea anon, I'm sure you have some sort of legal precedent to back that up and totally aren't pulling shit out of your ass for the sake of shitposting/being contrarian/justifying your poverty and inability to buy basic upgrades.
>>
>>31789782
you did good if you bought online, I made the mistake of my first from a local shop, they are so overpriced.
As for Glock, there is a lot of good about it, reliable, proven, simple, super lightweight, etc. Biggest downside is the poly frame.
Though if you had done research, you might have gone with a Gen 3.
my first pistol was a g17, though I now regret not going with the cz phantom, and now stick to all metal guns.
>>
>>31790001
except glocks are more reliable and half the price
>>
>>31790744
you have issues
>>
>>31797143
except now it looks like Freddy Kreugers taint
good job man
>>
>>31789861
Choosing style over reliability, price and ammo capacity, what are you gay?
>>
Sights: In general, get sights which direct your focus to the front sight, whether they be fiber optic or tritium. In the mean time, sharpie over the white line on the rear of the OEM sight. Don't be a pleb and buy the standard three-dot Mepro/Trijicons. If you want a traditional three-dot style sight, Ameriglo operators are a good choice (no rings on rear tritium vials). Trijicon HDs or comparable Ameriglos are a good choice (Ameriglos for carry - not sharp). XS Big Dots are OK for speed, but not preferred for precision (other sights can be just as fast). Dawson front/10-8 rear combos are my preference.

Holsters: IWB is necessary for true concealment. You can get by some of the time with a close-fitting OWB holster, but IWB is going to give you the widest range of options for what you choose to wear. Eventually you'll see the light and get custom (preferably leather), but for now a few production options...

For strong side hip holsters, Brownell's has Milt Sparks Summer Special IIs in stock. For hybrid-style holsters, a Comp-Tac MTAC is good. Avoid Crossbreed and Alien Gear altogether (bad construction, worse clip choice). For kydex, try a Raven Concealment Morrigan.

If you must try appendix, I would suggest starting with a Raven Concealment Vanguard 2 Advanced. The Vanguard series is probably the safest way for you to reholster a pistol provided that you follow instructions. This is your first gun and you're probably new to carrying. Reholstering is the single most dangerous thing you'll do with a firearm. With a strong-side holster, you'll get a hole in the leg/ass if you ND. With appendix carry, if you fuck it up you stand a very good chance of bleeding to death (saying this as somebody who's carried Glocks AIWB for about six years now). The Eidolon is a good choice for AIWB. Past these two options, you'll need to look at custom holsters for anything decent. It's far easier to find good production IWB holsters than production AIWB holsters.
>>
Bump
>>
>>31789782
Glock is perfect as is. That being said:

CruxOrd Mag release, it engages from any angle, but not sloppily.
Gen3 G17 trigger. The G17 smooth trigger, and gen3 trigger bar are superior. The Gen3 lacks the pimple that causes grit and drag.
I hope you don't have soft, girly hands.
Ghost Rocket 3.5 connector.
Night sights, as Glock Factory sights work, but kinda suck.
>>
>>31789782

Mostly unrelated to OP but my first handgun buy was conducted like the massive faggot that I am. I bought an M&P9c WITH a thumb safety because it as my first handgun and I was a chicken shit.

The G19 looks great while still being small enough to conceal and I've taught myself enough to ditch the thumb safety. Should I sell my M&P9c (w/ Apex trigger set) and pick up a G19 instead?
>>
>>31789886
High friction... because the Gen4 is "slippery" or something?
>>
>>31798868

There's really no reason to. It sounds like the thumb safety is your concern/reason for wanting to switch. There's nothing wrong with a thumb safety. There is something wrong with a poorly-designed thumb safety that can't be accessed quickly. The M&P doesn't have that problem. You just need to learn to ride it as part of obtaining your master grip.

Glocks are fine too, but I wouldn't sell a pistol I'm comfortable with in order to get one.
>>
>>31790775
>This just in - Sigs have a reputation of being overrated safe queens

>Also just in - Hipoints have a reputation of being cheap, fuck ugly guns that work under all reasonable conditions
>>
Necessary upgrades:
None.

Good upgrades:
New sights, metal tritium or fiber optic
3.5lb connector
Talon grips
Extended slide catch/release
XC1
match/threaded barrel
caliber conversions

Ehh okay I guess upgrades:
Extended mag release
Trigger guard undercut mod
Grip buttplug
aftermarket guide rod

Why upgrades:
RMR slidecut
lightening cuts
barrel porting
stippling
aftermarket backplates
lasers
bayonets
>>
>>31798919

It's more that the G19 holds more rounds and has more rail real estate for better weapon lights. The M&P9c is pretty limited in both departments.

Fair advice though.
>>
>>31789782
pretty gud. try and get some tritium sights installed, dont really need anything else, but you can always go full ham if you want.
>>
>>31789886
>High friction grips. Buy manufactured or make your own with skateboard deck tape.

you don't need skateboard tape on a gen4 son, trust me.

>Tritium sights. Glock stock sights are its primary weakness.

this is a good idea. i have no problem with glock sights but my wife got tritiums for her .40. you need a sight tool to put them on but i found one cheap.

>Mags. Lots of them

yes

that's all. 9mm is sorta cheap again. so forget the .22 conversion unless you are just dirt fucking poor. hell, .22LR isn't that cheap anyway, they still want $50-60 a brick for it around here.
>>
>>31798982

12+1 isn't exactly bad capacity at that size.

For a dedicated WML gun, I'd consider a G17/34 over a 19 (I carry a 17 over a 19 for unrelated reasons). I personally see no need for one for a guy with a CCW permit. LE that does a bunch of building searches, sure. Otherwise, it's basically dead weight and unnecessary bulk for carry. And, if it's going to sit in a drawer or safe, no sense in not getting the larger gun.

One thing to consider: the apocalypse is about to be upon us again, with a panic wave starting two weeks from today and things really starting to go south early next year. Glock mags are common as shit (which is why I have 30 of them), and Magpul mags are just as available and even cheaper. I can buy 5-6 OEM mags for the cost of 3 M&P mags.

Stuff's already starting to show some strain now (Brownell's hasn't had Glock 17/19 mags in stock regularly since August). If you're going to switch, do it sooner rather than later.
>>
>>31798505
>over reliability

Kys glock fag
>>
>>31789782

No modifications needed to be honest. I wouldn't but if you absolutely had to I'd suggest some quality night sights.

Lesser so maybe a flashlight or a trigger job
>>
>>31790562
This fag is still salty that he bought a $1200 dog nylabone
>>
>>31790748
What the fuck is this "t." bullshit I keep seeing here?
>>
>It comes from Finnish memeboards.

>Basically, "t." is short for "terveisin" or "terkkuja" which translates to "greetings" or "yours truly". As if ending a letter or a postcard.

>So "t. Swaglord" means essentially "Greetings (from) Swaglord."
>>
>>31789782
Great looking Glock. Ironic sounding, I know, but it somehow looks less ugly than its predecessors. It's my home def and carry, but my 226 Mk25 is my favorite.

Fuck, I love German engineering.
>>
>>31799117

I didn't even consider how cheap the magazines are compared to the M&P 12 rounders.

Though I'm only going to have one handgun before the election, I figure the G19 would work well enough for CC and then HD with a decent light mounted. Though there are compact lights that will fit the G19 better than the M&P9c while still enabling it to be concealed.
>>
>>31789782
Hey Bobby.
>>
>>31789782
H̷̖̱͕̲̩̠͉̟̻͕͙̰̭͇͒̌͛̓̽ͯ͆̊ͫͣ̅̕͢͟͠E̓̓̐̿̐ͮ̀̄ͤ̓ͭ̔ͧ͏͇̯̱̩̼͞L̛̇̓̂ͦ̓̈͒͛͆̕͘͏͉͍̱̱P̷ͫ̿͛̀̑͂͊̽ͤͦ̒̾͗̚͠͝҉̺͈̰̝̭̜͎͓̱̟̣͕̗̥̀ ̷͎̥͕̻͖̺̪̺ͣ̊̈́̐ͬ̏̆ͪͮ̇̽̍͟M̨̡͙̘͍͎̦̹̭ͪͤ̆͐̉E̢͕̩̗͓͎̺̪̪̺̤̩̭̪̗͊͆͂̾̅ͬ̋̎ͫ̔̓̐ͣ͘͢ ̷̅̈͂̋͋ͫ́̿͌͂ͫ̏͂͆̐̚҉҉̢͎̟͙͍͚̳̯̣̻̥̦͕̭̺͝ͅB͔̜̞̼̝̓͆̓ͪ̓ͣ̔ͮ͊̊̉͆̐̓ͨ͝͝Ơ̛̙̖̖̟͇̖̣̰̭̤̼͓̼̱̫̈́̈̀̔̈́̇̓ͯ̓̐̅̽̒ͤ̇͛̃͑ͨ́ͅͅB̸̿́̀ͭ̋ͯ̃̄̏ͭͩ̅͏̻̼̳̠̹̞̮͍̘͚̬͕̹͚̠̪̀͠͠B̶̰͇̦̹̩̜̥̼͓̎́̐̇͋ͬͤ̎̓̊̃͑͜͠Y̵̤̦̤̼͔̜͙̮͖̹̝̘̠̬̮͉̎͌ͤͤͣ͒̀ͪ̿ͯͧ̈́̾̽̉͒͐̂̐͢͟
Thread posts: 158
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.