[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, so I bough this at a gun store for $100 without knowing jack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: guns.jpg (339KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
guns.jpg
339KB, 2048x1536px
Ok, so I bough this at a gun store for $100 without knowing jack shit about it, but I thought it would be cool and a nice display piece at the very least.

A 20 gauge shell fits in perfectly, so what caliber ball does it fire? where can I get an appropriate mold, etc.

Also, what would be considered a "full load" for such a gun? what would be a reduced load I could fire that would still actually fire the ball?
>>
20ga is .615 diameter.

So...less than that + a patch. .6 or .610? I don't know, hopefully someone else does.

Is there any proof marks or manufacturer info on it?
>>
>>31780835
Nah, I think it was built from a kit, and its fairly old because it doesnt have any "black powder only" markings.
>>
You got yourself a flintlock repro.
Are there any brand markings anywhere?
Pietta? Pedersoli? Uberti? Jukar?

If there are you can approximate the appropriate load of black powder.
If you really want to fire it is suggest 20 grains, I can't see anything explode with 20 grains of black powder.
As for ammunition, here's the beauty of a smoothbore flintlock. You can load it with shot as well as round balls if you felt like it.
Just press a tight was over the powder, seat your ammo of choice, pack another wad and you have a short barreled shotgun, all without a tax stamp.
If you wan to know the actual caliber I'd suggest finding the model first.
>>
>>31780862

That's cool, just had a concern that it was intended to be decorative and wasn't meant to be actually fired.
>>
File: guns2.jpg (284KB, 1288x966px) Image search: [Google]
guns2.jpg
284KB, 1288x966px
ah, you know what, it looks like there used to be a brand that someone scratched off, perhaps for authenticity purposes
>>
>>31781056
are you sure its not a replica?
>>
>>31781074
Oh, its definitely a replica.

Do you mean is it decorative?

The inside has gunpowder residue and and ballistic marks, so to speak, were a ball went through.

Plus, its pretty detailed for a decoration--to have a touchhole, working cock and well-tuned frizzen spring...
>>
>>31781074
It's a replica.

>>31781056
Careful with that...it's not legally a firearm, so it's okay, but if you get a dipshit ignorant cop or ATF inspector (note that most are ignorant as anything), it could be an awkward conversation and a couple of sleepless nights.
>>
>>31781109
yeah, the gun sore owner already told me its not a firearm, etc.

The previous owner kept the serial, so they probably scratched off the brand for authenticity, but what brand mark does that look like?
>>
>>31780781
>>31781127
>google gr tower flintlock pistol
thanks for being retarded, OP
>>
>>31781470
Those are the historical markings you dumbass.

But part of me thinks you knew that.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.