[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me out /k/ I'm about to buy a G17 as my get shit done

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: G17.jpg (98KB, 1112x600px) Image search: [Google]
G17.jpg
98KB, 1112x600px
Help me out /k/

I'm about to buy a G17 as my get shit done gun.

But can't really make up my mind when it comes down to Generation.

Some IPSC fags say Gen 3 is way better than Gen 4, but can't see why since it's probably same factory and shit.

Gen 4 has exchangable grips, bigger mag release and this new grip texture which really persuades me, but I don't like this spring rod that's visible from the front.

Is there a way to make it go away?
>>
File: IMG_20160912_175852.jpg (372KB, 1441x1070px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160912_175852.jpg
372KB, 1441x1070px
>>31775265

Gen2, obviously
>>
>>31775273
That's really helpful.

There's no way i can get my hands on Gen2
>>
If tiny aesthetics like visible guide rod upset you, enjoy seeing it on probably every semi automatic. Stop crying and get a wheel gun if it puts that much sand in your clam
>>
>>31775283

You can buy used gen2 Glock 22s on gunbroker for under $350 easily. Pop in a 9mm conversion barrel and now you have a gun that can shoot 9mm and .40 cal
>>
>>31775284
Look at Gen4 and compare it to Gen3.

I have no problems with visible guide rod, in Gen4 it's just a gaping hole just like your mum's
>>
>>31775273
>I bought a leo trade in gen 2 because i couldnt afford a new 3 or 4.
>>
File: IMG_20161023_122408.jpg (410KB, 1375x1021px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161023_122408.jpg
410KB, 1375x1021px
>>31776785

actually, I wanted a beater glock for range/competition fucking around and I like the way the gen2 looks. faggot.
>>
If I was gonna buy another glock and not wait for the 17M or whatever they end up calling it I'd get the LAV Glock 17.

It's a gen 3 gun which means probably the largest parts compatability since they're still making Gen 3s and they're still a popular choice, you get the RTF2 frame which is very close to the gen 4 texturing. No stippling or skate tape needed. In the box you also get the vickers tactical/tango down extended magazine release, slide stop, and I think the butt plug.

You ALSO get wilson combat sights which I don't personally like. I'm not sure if they come installed or just in the box. Either way I'd take them off and put some trijicon HDs or HSP thirteen sights on then it's perfect. Sell the WC sights to pay for the trijicons. Pretty good deal honestly idk if the black models are out yet though.
>>
>>31775273
>>31776785
>>31776846
I have a gen4 G19 and gen2 g21 and enjoy the lack of finger grooves compared to the gen4
>>
>>31776886

Just another 2 cents

Picked up a Vickers Glock, and it jams like a mother fucker. Super infuriating. Best guess is the stupid mag plates. Also, time might fix the other issue, but the Vickers sights are not great. huge amounts of gap between front and post and rear wings.

I use an old beater Gen 2 17 for IDPA, and it has been a good gun. Have a set of hi-viz light pipes in it, and no complaints about sight picture.
>>
>>31775265
Go for gen 3 m8, its not without a reason that gen 3 sells better than gen4's
>>
>>31776939
Damn really? I agree the WC vickers sights sucks but really shitty to hear problem just with the function of the gun. Have you tried running factory mags through it? I really wanted one just for the sexy RTF II frame.
>>
File: ye olden tymes Glocke.jpg (121KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
ye olden tymes Glocke.jpg
121KB, 800x600px
>>31775265
the gen4 has a less massive recoil spring in the front of the slide and those things are what breaks in the rare cases something in a Glock breaks.
>>
>>31775273
^This.

Gen II = AK of Glocks.
>>
RTF gen 3... The new recoil spring really only helps with the 40 and 357sig. The magazine release is nice but not worth it on its own. Unless you have tiny bitch hands or giga-yetti hands you are just going to use the medium backstrap anyways. The gen 4 texture beats the pants off the gen 3 which is why you should get the RTF one. Or just a normal gen 3 and the talon grip tape stuff.
>>
File: 9mm.gif (3MB, 320x170px)
9mm.gif
3MB, 320x170px
>>31776991
>the gen4 has a less massive recoil spring ring in the front

ftfm
>>
Literally no discernable difference. Get whichever is cheaper at hand.
>>
>>31777002
So mud kills gen 2 Glocks?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.