[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>how do you guys buy your ammo? >a box here and there?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: 45gap2.jpg (16KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
45gap2.jpg
16KB, 500x500px
>how do you guys buy your ammo?

>a box here and there?
>a thousand rounds at a time?

>i realize its cheaper in the long run by buying a thousand at a time, but im a bit of a cheapass so it kinda of hurts to spend that much money at a time for me personally.

>should i quit being a pussy and just do it?

>what do you do?
>>
>>31775059
I'll buy a box here and there if I see it for sale at WallyMart but I generally buy in bulk, either 500 or 1000 rounds.
>>
>>31775059
reload a few hundred at a time. keep enough supplies to reload a thousand or more.
>>
>>31775059
I buy at least a few hundred dollars worth at a time.
>>
>>31775059
learn how to greentext newfag
I buy a thousand at a time.
http://gunbot.net/
http://ammoseek.com/ammo/
http://gun-deals.com/ammo
>>
>>31775059

I try to buy 500 or 1000 at a time, definitely worth the cost savings and it's not like ammo expires
>>
OP here

What does everyone do for a living? Im considering learning plumbing or something to facilitate my love of funs.
>>
>>31775122
do it
>>
>>31775059
have fun living paycheck to paycheck
>>
>>31775059

I order 500 rounds at a time for handgun and rifle ammunition, and 100 or 250 at a time for shotgun ammo. About $0.20 per round for the handgun and shotgun ammo when it comes to target shit, and $0.30 for the rifle stuff. Most of it is remanufactured ball FMJ, and the shotgun ammo is the cheapest lead pellet I can find. The more ammo you have, the more you'll shoot it, the more money you'll spend going to the range. If buying a box here and there keeps you from going more often and breaking the bank, then do that I suppose.

If money is tight and you can't go to the range as often, spend money on a laser trainer like a Laserlyte and use that to work on your instinct shooting and drawing from a holster and getting the first round you squeeze off to go where you want it to. You can even rack the slide to reset the striker or hammer, pop in a mag to get the weight where it's supposed to be, and then draw it from a holster like that so it's a realistic weight. The laser trainer doesn't have a rim, so it won't get extracted, so you won't accidentally load a live round.

I don't always have the money or time to go to the range, and the laser trainer has done more to improve my shooting than any of my sporadic range time has. I can pop in my laser trainer and practice shooting shit from my couch while watching TV. I spend about 15 minutes per night just pointing at shit in my house and "shooting" it.
>>
>>31775059
>i realize its cheaper in the long run by buying a thousand at a time, but im a bit of a cheapass so it kinda of hurts to spend that much money at a time
You are a fucking retard
>>
>>31775059
Usually buy in bulk online.

Though I prefer to get reloading supplies and load my own. I can get a lot more ammo per dollar then, and can have it dialed in specifically for whatever I'll be shooting.
>>
depends on price and how much i shoot them.
for more common calibers that i shoot a lot, by the case-ex: 9mm, 5.56, 7.62x39. it just makes economical sense.
for less shot calibers, i buy a handful of boxes at a time. usually, i dont go seeking out to buy these calibers like i do the ones above, if i see a sale or free shipping or something-ex: 308, 8mm, .45, 54r
>>
>>31775164
Do youbuse those cylinders that tip over or just a target?
>>
>>31775180
Spotted the nogunz
>>
It's actually cheaper to buy 7.62x39 by the box at Walmart than buying 1000 at a time online. Unless you can find it for under 25 cents a round online and not have to pay shipping.
>>
>>31775092
>implying it doesn't
>>
>>31775476
FUCK OFF ASSHOLE
>>
File: 2016-10-04 11.57.35.jpg (357KB, 459x818px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-04 11.57.35.jpg
357KB, 459x818px
>buying anything other than lots of 500 or 1000
>not having it shipped right to your doorstep
>>
>>31775494
What ammo site is that?
>>
>>31775527
sgammo.com
>>
>>31775494
> shipped right to your doorstep
nope. i buy cash every time.

repeat after me:
i will not register my weapons
i will buy ammunition in cash
I will keep at least 2 guns with ammo buried ininawoods
>>
>>31775611
If you filled out a 4473, then they know you have one anon san. Stop being afraid of being on someone's list.
>>
>>31775461

At the range? Usually just targets since those are all the ranges near me have to offer. If you're talking about what I aim and "shoot" at around my house with my laser trainer, I pick just about anything to aim and shoot at. I walk around and pretend something that catches my eye is a threat I just identified and I try to acquire the target and shoot it as quickly as possible. After a while, I've gotten to the point where shooting from the hip or just punching my arm out and firing is the fastest way to accurately get rounds on target. No more looking down the sites unless I'm aiming at something way on the other side of my back yard, but I'm getting even better at just shooting at the hip at shit that far away. Obviously live ammo is going to be different from the laser trainer, so I use my range time to figure out what the difference between the two feel like and I try to bring the accuracy I've acquired from the laser trainer over to the live ammo side of things. This is working out pretty well for me, I'd say.
>>
I got good cash for selling a patent to my former boss once. Then I bought 45.000 rounds of .308 surplus for 29 cent per round.
I'm good for the next few years.
>>
20% more than I need for training so I can stockpile a bit and always in cash.
>>
>>31775091
not OP but I fucking love you
I have been looking for gunbot for years after getting a new computer
>>
>>31775122
I am an EMT / EMT instructor / Armed Guard

most people here are the above plus: LEO, .mil, ATF, RSO, weapon smiths, or some kind of engineer

and there are wild cards (ex Openheimer)
>>
just bought 1000 9mm and 500 .308
all steel case cuz im not gunna be reloading and im a poorfag
>>
>>31775122
i >>31776405 (me)work in a warehouse
>>
>>31775611
This is so much /k/ it hurts
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.