[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of food do you include in your BOB/INCH bag/TEOTWAWKI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

What kind of food do you include in your BOB/INCH bag/TEOTWAWKI bags?

I haven't put one together yet and I'm interested in knowing what others use. If anything, I think I'd at least be interested in making my own hardtack.

Pic related because I just ate it and its what got me thinking about this situation. I understand you want to avoid canned/tinned food because the extra weight can be an issue?
>>
>>31774703
Jerky
>>
>>31774703
Bullion cubes, jerkey, canned shit and whatever else accumulates.
>>
Food your willing to eat. Stuff you like would be nice since it might be your last meal.

>If I have to eat cliff bars for the rest of my life I might as well get it over.
>>
Salt.
>>
>>31774735
OP here, a big bag of salt in a TEOTWAWKI bag makes perfect sense. You'll need it to cure meat.

Then again, you could perhaps keep a much larger bag of salt at a discreet location that you plan to escape to.
>>
>>31774703
MREs
>>
>>31774703
I have a mix of freeze dried, granola bars, and canned food (SPAM and tuna)
>>
>>31774703
I have an entire bag dedicated to food. It's got 4 jars of peanut butter, 2 bags of jerker, and aa 1lb bag of haribo gummy bears
>>
>>31774710
Fpbp.

Tons of protein, lightweight due to dehydrated. Get wit it.
>>
>canned food (tuna, beans)
>jerkies
>salt and sugar
>hot sauce
>powdered drinks (chocolate, coffee, milked tea)

Tb-h I don't have a BOB but I do have few bags and all the food I mentioned are lying around in the kitchen. Wouldn't take too long to put them into the bag in case of shtf
>>
File: 2185359-top_gun_original.jpg (263KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2185359-top_gun_original.jpg
263KB, 1280x720px
>>31774959
>haribo gummy bears
>>
>>31774959
>>31775275
Because survival is a fucking joke? What possible reason could you have for gummy bears in a BOB
>>
>>31775343
Nutnfancy please go
>>
>>31775343
whats the point of surviving if you cant enjoy delicious chewy sweets?
>>
>>31775396
Exactly. Gummy bears brought me joy throughout some of the shittiest field ops
>>
>>31774703

Tourist's Delight and a big bag of Haribo sugar-free gummy bears

if the end is near, eat the sugar free gummy bears. they cause violent shitting so when you end up dead nobody wants to loot your body or rape the corpse.
>>
>>31775343
Uhh if you buy those survival kit-thing, thry do include sweets (usually hard candies) for quick energy booster.

He they even include some in MREs and other military ration
>>
File: Pork is a Virtue.jpg (472KB, 1960x1379px) Image search: [Google]
Pork is a Virtue.jpg
472KB, 1960x1379px
Babies
>>
>>31775343
T. Gummy bear h8er
>>
>>31774757
Make your BOB out of salt. Like, the actual bag itself. Nobody would fuck with you then.
>>
>>31774703
drugs
>>
>>31774703
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_vLuMobHCI

I don't know where they make these William H Macy clones, but I never want them to stop
>>
>>31774703
Cigarettes, booze and amphetamines.
>>
>>31775513
his channel is great.

>>31775734
and sweets. amphetamines make you crave sugar.
>>
>>31775754
That's what the booze is for
>>
>>31775788
booze is a different food group though.

its the booze food group.
>>
File: 1454619422519.jpg (81KB, 800x393px) Image search: [Google]
1454619422519.jpg
81KB, 800x393px
>>31774720
>talking shit about clif bars
>>
>>31775830
This is true, but high sugar booze, like rum, bridges the two.

I guess I could throw in some gummy bears or charms or something.
>>
>>31775500
Get an ionized ones if you can
>>
>>31775343
If you get constipated from the MREs, a pound of gummy bears will clear your system in a few hours.
>>
Jerky, dried fruits and veggies, peanut butter, salt and a few spices (for future curing or brining).
>>
Part of my garage is also emergency storage because I live in earthquake central.

Divided it into a few parts. I get my protein, fat, nutrients, and carbs from (in order) canned tuna, canned sardines, canned pineapple, and packaged matza. That way everything is more or less shelf stable. I have very few actual MRE's, but a small amount, and also tons of canned seltzer.
>>
i just have a bunch of various crap in cans that i got to go through and organize to see what i need to throw away, and what i need to stock up on.

i also need to make a run to the asian and spice market to get spices, rice, soy sauce in the giant ass cans, and shit like the giant stone crocks to make various pickles, sauerkraut, and kimchi which is a good thing to have in the winter. and tofu as well.

i need to get back into making pickled eggs, and canning stuff while its cheap and easy to get.

>>31777488
why not just get CO2 canisters, and make your own seltzer?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.