[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

active stabilization stocks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1473656758463.jpg (127KB, 1280x914px) Image search: [Google]
1473656758463.jpg
127KB, 1280x914px
What are the chances of something like this being adopted? Having a stock that significantly reduces how much your gun wobbles around while shooting sounds like it could be a massive advantage.

http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2016armament/18314_Rice.pdf
>>
>>31767619
If they can miniaturize and ruggidize it, sure thing.

Before all the inevitable posts about "lol xbaux hueg", the thing pictured above is a prototype on a range and nobody is talking about putting *that specific* chassis into service. Got to make the prototypes and then iterate improvements until it's field ready.
>>
>>31767619
Any kind of centrifugal force stabilizer is going to also make the gun harder to move around. There's nothing stopping the camera rigs we already have from being slapped on a rifle but for little utility and benefit.
>>
>>31767619
Just buy an AN-94.
Building a stock which is 2x bigger than the actual gun is just plain stupid.
>>
>>31767709
>Any kind of centrifugal force stabilizer is going to also make the gun harder to move around
Well now, it's a good thing that's not what they're experimenting with here.
>>
>>31767737
Just G11 fuckheuge

Main problem
>Gun free floated with some system to keep it on target of optic regardless of human movement
>Optic attached to surface structure
>That moves with your body movement

I do want to make a centrifugal stabilizer for my 10-22 now. Being able to get benched accuracy out of standing shots would be fun. Just need some old hard drives
>>
>>31767793
>>Optic attached to surface structure
>>That moves with your body movement
Nigger, the optic is designed to work with the active stabilization. Why the hell would you think they'd overlook something that would completely negate the purpose of the whole system?
>>
>>31767712
>Just buy an AN-94.
Why not build a gun with a similar action and slap it in a stock like this for additional effectiveness?
>>
>>31767712
Or better yet an AEK-971/3
>>
>>31767709
It's not a centrifugal stabilizer, it uses servos to tilt the receiver / bore within the stock. The idea being that it can negate the swaying caused by breathing, etc when firing unsupported.
>>
This is retarded. The real solution is to just build a counter-balance system in the rifle like the AK-107.
>>
>>31771102
>This is retarded. The real solution is to just teach people how to fucking shoot
ftfy
>>
>>31771102
>The real solution is to just build a counter-balance system in the rifle like the AK-107.
That solves an entirely different issue. This isn't meant to help with controlling recoil. The future is this and more advanced recoil reduction methods being used together.
>>
>>31767619
fucking joke device for a rifle; although, maybe it could be miniaturized to work well with MMG/HMG. Investing in something like TrackingPoint would be infinitely more practical for 'precision' rifle design.
>>
>>31771331
Have you never fired a rifle at a longer distance while standing?
>>
>>31767709
don't those camera rigs cost like tens of thousands of dollars?
>>
oh shit I never saw a picture of one. I've seen the concept diagram before but not pics. Noice

I feel like it will be done at some point once it's simplified and a gun designed for it, rather than it designed around a gun. Maybe just have the barrel, barrel extension, and bolt floating in the receiver.

>>31767712
that has nothing to do with the stabilization that OP mentioned. And the pic is a proof of concept, of course it's oversized, they were going for cheap and functional by using existing components.
>>
>dat belly hanging over the belt
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.