[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k. I'm having trouble identifying this pistol from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3496.jpg (292KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3496.jpg
292KB, 1536x2048px
Hey /k. I'm having trouble identifying this pistol from my great grandfather. He served in World War II as a ground troop. I believe it's a 1939 m1911a1 but I'm not good at identifying weapons so I'd figure I'd ask you guys. Thanks for the help.
>>
File: IMG_3497.jpg (109KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3497.jpg
109KB, 960x1280px
Another image
>>
Get a photo of the other side.
>>
Nope. That's a very early gun, probably made before 1920. Have you ran the serial number?
>>
>>31767422
>>31767428
You already answered your own question, the answer is right there on the side of the gun. Also 1911s are one of the most popular, most recognisable guns on the planet, are you a retard?

What do you plan on doing with it?
>>
>>31767422
>>31767428
>"What model gun is this "Model of 1911 US Army"?

Gee, I wonder!

It appears your great grandfather stripped the original bluing off that 1911, polished it up, and may have applied a chrome or nickel finish, which hurts the value, but doesn't really matter for functionality.
>>
>>31767422
What you have there OP is a FAMAS.
>>
>>31767551

this
>>
>>31767568
a F.uddy A.ntique M.ost A.utists S.hoot.
>>
can anyone identify what my benelli m4 super 90 is
>>
>>31767489
1924 is when they changed to the short trigger, plain grips, higher-spurred hammer, and arched MSH.
>>
>>31767422

The frame was made in late 1918 based off the serial number. The slide looks like WWI as well but it could have been swapped off any pistol from the era during platoon level cleaning processes (AKA throw all the parts in a pot of boiling water and pick any old one out when they're clean). You would have to fiel strip the slide to check for inspector markings that would tell the year the slide was manufactured.
>>
>>31767422
try the other side.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.