[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello I am planning on getting my CCW permit next week and was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: lc9.jpg (41KB, 475x360px) Image search: [Google]
lc9.jpg
41KB, 475x360px
Hello I am planning on getting my CCW permit next week and was wondering about what gun and holster I should get.

My only gun is a Glock 19 which I tried out an IWB (aliengear) holster for, but I don't like the fact I need a way bigger pants size to wear it IWB so I ended up getting a safariland ALS duty rentention holster which is more for OC as I have learned but that's ok. Will probably just use the glock for concealment in extra dangerous places during the winter if i can under my coat where I feel I would possibly 15 rounds. (I was also looking into RCS AIWB holster but I don't know if I trust that with a glock in appendix just yet, also the button on my pants will most definately scratch the gen 5 slide finish)

As for EDC I am looking into a single stack 9mm, I don't know anything about holsters for these besides the aliengear and crossbreed type holsters.

I think I narrowed it down to

>M&P Shield
>Ruger LCS9
>Glock 43 (I love my G19 but this is more expensive than the others and I don't just want to have 2 glocks
>PPS is somewhat expensive also and I don't know about the mag release

Are revolvers any good? If so, what kind, and are they around the same price as the Shield, or more like 500+ like a glock 19? I know they're way harder to reload and I obviously can't share ammo between my 9mm not that it matters that much. I wouldn't mind carrying a revolver in appendix carry due to the long trigger pull
>>
glock 26 or LCP
>>
>>31756785
Consider the xds in 9mm.
>>
File: 1476216751013.jpg (413KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1476216751013.jpg
413KB, 1536x2048px
Anyone here try the LCP 2 yet?
>>
I own a g19 gen4 and I love it.. I call it a good three season gun because in summer when you want a tank top and shorts on its a little bit of a pain.. been looking at the Ruger LC9s pro. Read lots of good things on these guns.. just my two cents
>>
>>31756785
The Sig p938 is a pleasure to own, very accurate for its size, reliable, never had an issue with it. Full sized tritium sights are a boon as well, and laser grips are available.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
Look at the Kahr CM-9 and the Desantis pocket holster. An excellent $350 gun and the holster is like $15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCAb3sh9E5g
>>
Hit us with your height amd weight Anon
>>
Have you considered a Kahr CM9 or PM9? Very small single stack 9mm. Comparable to LC9. CM9 is very affordable option. Could carry IWB or in pocket comfortably.
>>
>>31757751
Pic related.
>>
>>31757766

If you work in a wet messy situations like I do note that the Kahr CM9 is stainless steel which makes all the difference for me.
>>
I carry a Kimber Micro Raptor in 380

It is lighter and smaller than a CC 9mm

I carry it in the small of my back, inside my waistband.

It is pretty similar to my wife's Sig Sauer P238 (disassembly is the same), but is lighter, and since I carry it inside my waistband, I prefer the handle of the Kimber over the rubber handle of the Sig against my skin
>>
So is the kahr CM9 smaller and better for pocket carry then? How do you even carry in a pocket just don't chamber a round?
>>
>>31757716
6'1, 185#
>>
>>31760218
You can chamber a round. Just use a pocket holster that covers the trigger.
>>
>>31760266
Oh I kind of forgot about those
>>
>>31760218

Th Kahr CM9 is one gun you always want to have cambered since they don't like to be chambered fast in a panic due to the powerful recoil spring.

But they are very safe due to long trigger pull and the firing pin/spring is not compressed until the trigger actually is pulled. It has the usual internal safety things against being dropped and such so pulling the trigger pretty deliberately is the only way to fire it.
>>
>>31756785
I like carrying a revolver a ton, carry my detective special in a ankle holster or in pocket, but normally pocket carry my model 49, J frame.

I would recommend one, try one first, see if you can range test or rent one, haven't shot one but a LCR is so light and a great size for carry. Shot a Ruger SP101 2 inch and has a huge barrel blast, very tough and can handle .357 mag. If you want a bit of a bigger but great carry revolver get a 7 shot .357 s&w model 686+.

Main snubnose suggestions:
S&W j-frame: model 36,37(aluminum, lighter)model 38/49(shrouded hammer, but can still cock it for single action, can shoot in pocket if you must) 442/642(can find those lockless sometimes) model 60.
All those are five shot, all .38 special, some model 60's are .357 magnum.
Bit heavier and slightly bigger are snubnose model 10/12 and 15's. but those are six shots.

Colt detective specials or it's cheaper aluminum counterpart the Colt Agent are great, both six shots and actually a bit lighter then a normal J frame.

For pistol, haven't shoot one, but heard great about the shelds, love the one I shot and will be buying one when I have a chance is a LC9s. Amazing little 9mm, very light, shoots great.

I would also say look into a Glock 26(10 round 9mm), 27(9 round .40) or the Glock 30(9-10 round .45acp) heard those have very light recoil and can handle .45 better then some 1911's because of the double recoil spring.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.