[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I hated every fucking second of my time in the Army >was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

File: ffl.jpg (231KB, 990x640px) Image search: [Google]
ffl.jpg
231KB, 990x640px
>I hated every fucking second of my time in the Army
>was a medic and hated it, but people treated us nice at least
>the stupid shit and the shitty leaders and the mindless everything and the meme rules and regs
>now I've been out a couple months and have to deal with civilians and pretend that I care
>can't be myself and talk like I used to or be as dark and vulgar
>miss running around in kit and getting dirty and not giving a shit
>dreading starting college as a 26 year old freshman

Does it ever get better or should I just go back in and accept I'm not good for anything else in life but being a soldier? I've thought about the French Foreign Legion as a different change and challenge instead of just getting back in the pants on head retarded US Army.
>>
Learn that you'll be miserable anywhere in life you can't learn to be happy with where you are at. Form friendships and dabble in hobbies that you enjoy.
>>
I remember that feel, vet here.

I also just turned 26 when I was a freshman in college. But it was great. The freshman girls seemed to love that "I don't give a fuck" you pick up in the military.

I had sex with 17 different girls that first year, a couple were very very regular and only dated one. Second year I had only 9.
I love my wife but God damn, I still think about the one day I had three different poons on my dick. Just wear that rubber, bubba.
>>
>>31751371
I sometimes wonder if they just assume I'm crazy.

I work as a server in a restaurant and I was getting chewed out for not doing enough to help an angry guest who didn't like their food or something. My manager pulled me aside and I literally didn't care about him or the guest or whether or not the food was made right. I just don't give a fuck. The army made me like this. And then I made some jokes about wishing someone would choke on their food and die because they were pissing me off and people looked at me like I was some psycho. In the army that stuff is tame compared to what we usually say.

I don't know how to civilian.
>>
Same here. I've got a year left on my contract. Terrified of going back into the civilian world but I can't find a reason to reenlist. Same reasons too: shitty fucking retard command, bullshit fucking regs that in my opinion have nothing to do with my abilities as a medic whether I follow them or not. I've also met some of the brightest and coolest cats while here, but also met way more fucking window lickers. Or "liabilities" as I call them

Now I'm drinking a lot more trying to find a solution
>>
File: 692.gif (486KB, 238x155px) Image search: [Google]
692.gif
486KB, 238x155px
>>31751371
>Just wear that rubber, bubba.
>>
>>31751410
Get a job relating to the military or go find a career in the firearm/training/accessories/consulting industry.

Or go find a job in construction or something where people generally aren't whiny liberal faggots.
>>
>>31751496
Yeah, construction people are fucked up too
>>
>>31751250
No, OP
Commit suicide. It'll save you from a lifetime of disappointment and pain. You already had to join the army so theres learly not much waiting for you for the rest of your life.
If not, then have fun counting down the days before you go postal or broke.

>>31751311
>Learn to love having a shitty life like me
This is what everyone wants you to become. Miserable, just like them.

>>31751371
>in the 70s i got a lot of pussy in college and it fucking rocked, man
guess what gramps
college fucking sucks for getting laid now
get with the fucking times. the chicks yo see on campus are only there to waste their parents money, the ones who graduate are too busy in their dorms or are at a club you cant afford

OP, just hit up a club if you plan to get laid

>>31751496
>>31751566
All blue collar faggots have autistic tendencies
Theyre exactly the kind of faggots to get upset with you about stupid meaningless shit

>>31751410
>>31751449
You should follow the advice I gave OP
>>
>>31751695
>Theyre exactly the kind of faggots to get upset with you about stupid meaningless shit

Those people exist in most fields

I have dealt with far less of them roofing than I have most other jobs

Except air guys, air guys are the fuckin worst.
>>
>>31751695
I can get laid. I've got girls I'm talking to now I could bang if I really wanted to put in the effort on.

I'm just saying I don't miss the military, but I do miss being a soldier.
>>
>Working for ZOG

>Thinking it's great and having feels
>>
>>31751923
>>
>>31751311
You are a wise man
>>
>>31751250
Get a job in medicine. You work hard, and the people you work with are decent people with dark senses of humor, considering the type of shit they put up with.
>>
Is it just me, or am I seeing a lot of these topics popping up in here recently?
>>
>>31751939
I had a hell of a great time working for zog.
>>
>>31751371

I'm a bit of a turbovirgin fanfic connoisseur and I must say that /k/ produces some of the best stuff.
>>
>Tfw no masc, gives no fucks, angry veteran bf to fuck me in the ass and cuddle afterwards
>>
Join a PMC, my man. You can do soldiering again and actually make a little more money.
>>
>>31751250
Go to US army, its better then french legion.
Also, you have battle experience or not?If not, its very strange that you cant go back to civil life.
>>
>>31751311
This is the path to success. I would advise keeping mil related friends around but not your primary interactions. Also use caution with VA home loan rates are a bit high and just because you can get q loan without a down payment still want to have the 20% or your financial staus will get raped
>>
>>31752039
Also good idea mental health (working In the field) your shit will be tame and it is interesting
>>
>>31751923
Really should look for a PMC.

You'd probably really enjoy it.
>>
ITT: depressed beta faggots
>>
>>31752819
Nah
>>
>>31751250
And I will start my basic training soon as a medic, hoo boy.

Also 26 year old freshmen are normal where I live.
>>
>>31751695
haha spoken like a true defeatist NEET holy shit, you can absolutely get laid in college, and people who can appreciate their loved ones and experiences haven't "learned to love their shitty lives," they're well adjusted human beings with an actual chance at passing on their genes. stop projecting and kill YOURself.

or just stop being a pussy faggot defeatist.
>>
>>31753195
I'm a mess and not even in college and I can get laid every now and then. Did growing up in suburbia totally socially defeat certain people? Are all of those r9k people the grown up kids who got bullied and never fought back or something?
>>
>>31751410
>>31751449

Go to the gym. Your life will improve vastly as it gives you a hobby and another outlet for socialization.
>>
>>31752471
Shut the fuck up faggot
>>
Getting out in six months. Already have school set up. But I'm terrified of separating even though I hate the military. The quality mark suck in pay, food, housing, etc. But it's reliable. Dependable. Never have to wonder if I'll get paid next week. Where my next meal is coming from. Than the whole, everyone has there place shit. It gets abused because people with out rank or the right job get shit on like there less than human. But if you have the right rank and job you get treated well and recognized for it. I can't stand to serve, but I'm afraid to not.
>>
>>31751250

>dreading starting college as a 26 year old freshman

Why? You're actually an adult, instead of a kid that THINKS he's and adult. Doing well in your classes, managing your time, and getting laid are going to be waaaaayyy easier for you by comparison.
>>
"I am really dumb" the thread
>>
>>31753597
>I'm soo used to Uncle Sam wiping my ass for me
>How ever will I survive without him???

kys or get independent, those are your options
>>
>>31753597
>>31751449

Just a heads up, because of your service some employers will expect you to put up with more shit than any joe off the street, specifically long hours and overtime. I wasn't the smartest when choosing jobs right when I got out, and often got stuck working midnight shifts that turned into doubles because "He was in the Army he can take it" and then when I would confront my bosses I'd get the "I thought you were supposed to be some badass Army guy and here you are bitching about working a 14 hour day?" Don't get me wrong, the money was great, but after a few months I realized I was driving myself into the ground, gas station/fast food because it was easy etc.. I caught on and started mimicking my co-workers and how they would manage their time.

Also one of the biggest hurdles to overcome was finding something I enjoyed and was motivated about. Adjusting myself and re-evaluating my life goals, realizing my co-workers and civvies live for their families and relationships. It was rough getting myself into that mindset of having the world open with no one telling me what to do and what path to take, noticing all the people around me just existing and settling themselves into their lives not really going anywhere or doing anything.

TLDR: There's a learning curve, find what motivates you and what you enjoy doing, just fucking go for it.
>>
>>31751250
>using the term "civilians" when not even serving

Utter cringe, even worse than when police use the term
>>
>>31753213
In suburbia most kids you don't learn or face anything ever, add in all the pharmaceutical drugs being forced down kids throats and now you have the entire generation of useless lost adults that you see today
>>
This proves that enilistedfags cannot handle being adults.
>>
>>31755543
No this proves that people who enlist straight out of highschool cannot handle life on their own. They are still kids independently because they had not matured before going in. I believe that everyone who enlists straight from highschool must experience life first. Or else theyre used to someone telling them how to wipe their ass.
>>
File: (you).gif (867KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
(you).gif
867KB, 480x336px
>>31751695
>>
>>31755470
Can't agree more I got sad in 5th grade. Because my parents got divorced and the school was doing nothing about the kids who beat the shit out of me on a daily basis . So what do they do throw me on ultra high does of anti depressants and amphetimens.
>>
>>31756706
Where is that from she is adorable , I have seen it a shit ton of times but never bothered to ask where it's from.
>>
>>31751250
Getting out of the military is leaving leaving an abusive husband. I was just like you when I ETSed, same age and all, but I stuck with school and now have a pretty lucrative career as an ITfag. Honestly, try to get involved in something at school. A lot of vets just show up to take classes and end feeling alienated and dropping out. At worst, you can still do ROTC where all the doe-eyed cadets will look to you in awe because you served before.
>>
>>31751250
Senpai just go full on YOLO mode and do all the shit you couldn't while you were in.
It helps a lot.
>>
>>31756706
http://kissanime.to/Anime/Re-Zero-kara-Hajimeru-Isekai-Seikatsu

Scene is somewhere late in the season
>>
>>31756926
Ep 18 14:56
>>
>>31751410
Where to you live? Some whiney liberal hellhole? I work in MN in med device and I and a few coworkers wouldn't bat an eye at that joke. Lame ass liberals.
>>
>>31751250
>now I've been out a couple months and have to deal with civilians and pretend that I care
Remember this when you fucking idiots think that military and police will defy orders to confiscate weapons.
>>
>>31751250
Why not go into EMS or LE? Your service gives you a leg up, you'll be with a lot of other vets who get the mindset, and even the civilians develop the same kind of fucked up dark humor and shit.
>>
File: Ixa3q.jpg (74KB, 720x524px) Image search: [Google]
Ixa3q.jpg
74KB, 720x524px
>>31751250
>pants on head retarded US Army

they are pants on head retarded for a reason, gives them the edge over their enemy
>>
>>31751410
You sound like a jerk who got away with it in the service

Grow the fuck up and actually put some effort into your life
>>
>>31751250
just be a cop, or a firefighter
>>
File: the ride never ends.jpg (156KB, 863x752px) Image search: [Google]
the ride never ends.jpg
156KB, 863x752px
>>31751250

The "I don't give a fuck" feeling goes away eventually. You'll continue to hate college kids and civilians though. Thats forever.

I'm still totally stoked that I'm out but I still have that feeling of wanting to fight again. But I know for 100% fact that if I went back I would hate it and curse myself for signing back up.

I don't think that ever really goes away. But preparing for a possible civil war makes me feel a lot better.
>>
>>31753213
Yes. I only became "normal" because around 17 I realized I was fucking pathetic and started hitting the gym, working hard at my job and school, and basically making an effort at life. I imagine many don't manage that
>>
File: thinking pepe.jpg (44KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
thinking pepe.jpg
44KB, 640x519px
>Officers go on to start businesses if they get out early
>Enlisted eat shit as soon as they get out, go into infant-mode, become a hobo, or at best end up middle management

Hmm, almost like there is a personnel quality issue.
>>
Get off fucking the fucking internet, head out to the woods and go for a very long walk; alone.

Best advice.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.