[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im curious if my gas mask filter has asbestos in it. Also, what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Im curious if my gas mask filter has asbestos in it. Also, what filters do m65 german gas masks use and are they safe?
>>
>>31745902

Have this exact same mask, I'll do some research and let you know
>>
>>31745902

Do you know what kind of filter you have? As far as I read, it depends on the type of filter and whether or not it has been damaged in anyway. Asbestos filters are layered in such a way that they shouldn't cause any harmful side effects, but then again it all depends on the make and year of the filter.
>>
It shouldn't cause any respiratory issues. The charcoal filter will catch most, if not all of the asbestos particles that may make up the first layer of the filter. Even if it doesn't, getting asbestosis in twenty years is infinitely better than breathing in the particles that you're trying to avoid by wearing the mask.
>>
>>31745902
>>
>>31747019
This.
A bunch of prepper companies who sell survival gear spread the idea that the cheap russian filters contain asbestos and are dangerous, so of course you need to buy this much more expensive modern stuff that they sell.

Pre-1955 ones contained 7.5% asbestos in the outer cotton liner of the filter, not enough to be immediatley harmful, even if it werent on the opposide side of a bunch of activated charcoal and secondary filters.

But you shouldnt be buying filters from Pre-1955 anyways, just check serial numbers and research manufacture dates.

But its all a moot point anyways, you can filter out fallout with a commercial filter. Fallout isnt a gas, its a particulate. A commercial particulate mask will do just as well.
>>
File: Jew woodgas.jpg (81KB, 1154x1154px)
Jew woodgas.jpg
81KB, 1154x1154px
Since this is a mask thread, i'll ask. Are the jew M15 masks any good?

Bought one years ago as a edgy teen and just now remembered i had the thing.
>>
>>31747287
I checked and this mask was made in the mid 60's. I >>31746360
I think it's a nato 40mm but im not positive.
>>
>>31747394
People seem to have this idea that gas masks are magic protection against everything.

They aint, for example, nerve, blister, or blood agents are going to kill you via skin contact anyways mask or no mask.

If you are worried about protecting from chemical weapons much more complex than tear-gas or chlorine then your mask aint shit without a MOP suit.

As far as radioactive fallout is concerned, it isnt a gas, its a particulate, ranging in consistency from heavy sand which will fall close to the blast site, to a floury ashy consistency that will settle farther away.

The best protection from fallout is a foot of concrete, or 30 inches of dirt, and a basic HEPA filter for dust.

You can achieve the level of protection needed to protect against fallout with a basic particulate mask, but here is a pro-tip.

Find a basement or heavy concrete structure and dont go outside for 3 to 4 weeks, and wear the mask when outside after that for an extra 3 to 4 weeks.

Obviously avoid getting fallout trapped against the skin in clothing by changing and washing off.

2 months after an attack you should be more or less safe outside save for a few hot-spots, mostly sites close to blast zones or where wind caused fallout to pile up heavier than other places.

But yeah. Point is, if it can keep dust out, its good for fallout, and unless you have a full MOP suit it dont matter what kind of mask you have, if its a modern chemical weapon you are fucked.
>>
File: 1475049823434.png (953KB, 620x647px)
1475049823434.png
953KB, 620x647px
>>31747584
That's uh, very informational and all, and thanks for the tips but uh

I just wanted to know if it was a piece of shit at it's intended job compared to other masks. I figured a full suit was a given, but wanted to know if i should just bite the bullet and get a new mask, or if this one will work fine.
>>
>>31747678
Does it seal? Can you get more filters for it?

Then its fine.
>>
>>31747726
It does seal, can't get any air when i cover the holes. i assume 40mm threads for filters are common, right?
>>
File: $_35.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>31747784
They sell in unissued condition on ebay for like 10 bucks.
>>
>>31745902
They wouldn't import them if they contained asbestos.
>>
File: 1476735585145.png (345KB, 622x521px)
1476735585145.png
345KB, 622x521px
>>31747831
Thanks my man.
>>
New to /k/, what's a good under $100 gas mask for prepper purposes?
>>
File: AAAGAS-20-2.jpg (15KB, 169x256px)
AAAGAS-20-2.jpg
15KB, 169x256px
>>31748326
GP5.
MASK IS FINE. YOU WEAR NOW.
>>
What is the best mask and why is it the GP5
>>
>>31748326
GPFIVE
>>
>>31748326
Israeli civilian masks are the best sub $100. But honestly if you are in a situation and need anything more than teargas protection you will find yourself wishing that you bought a better mask
>>
>>31749006
Good to know
>>
>>31748326
You can get an MCU-2/P for under 100 dollars, I just bought a shitty one for forty bucks. Mostly for Halloween, but the seal is good and if you can it has space for all the cool stuff you want, like radio and voice amps.
>>
File: 001-8-1.jpg (135KB, 1021x765px)
001-8-1.jpg
135KB, 1021x765px
>>31749802
Also, if you can get a tinted visor you can be the most coolest neckbeard on the ex-soviet block.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.