[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /k/'s opinion on this optic ? Vortex Spirtfire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: series_ps_spitfire.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
series_ps_spitfire.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
What is /k/'s opinion on this optic ?

Vortex Spirtfire 3x

>inb4 poorfag

Is this the best low magnification poorfag optic ?
>>
>>31744403
what are you wanting from it? for an AR it should be pretty good for the price for plinking
>>
>>31744448
It's for an AR
>>
File: rfl_strike-eagle_1-6x24_fr-t.jpg (50KB, 800x467px) Image search: [Google]
rfl_strike-eagle_1-6x24_fr-t.jpg
50KB, 800x467px
>>31744512
I have used the 1x once and it was very nice. Though I like the Strike Eagle more.
>>
>>31744558
why is that good sir ?
>>
>>31744607
It has a similar reticle but has the added bonus of a variable zoom for a similar price point. The Strike Eagle I find is just great value for money. Though if you can find them at a store and see how you like them.
>>
>>31744558
2nd the Strike Eagle. I replaced my AR-332 with one on my FS2000 and couldn't be happier. Amazing value.
>>
>>31744403
It works.

Things to keep in mind:

- Disassemble the mount and reassemble it with loctite - those screws may not be tight enough out of the box
- Caps will keep falling off
- Mind the pin in the cap - it will try to slide out
- Focal plane is different for red and green illumination - you'll have to adjust the diopter correction

Poorfag or not, this is one of two 3x scopes with diopter correction there is. I wanted to spring up for something nice like ACOG or maybe even that overpriced scope with a fault of not setting itself correct at the lowest magnification the name of which I already forgot, but had to settle with Spitfire 3x because my vision is fucked.

The only other scope with diopter correction (still in poorfag category) is Burris 3x or 5x, but I decided to go with Vortex because of better warranty.

Get it, you're likely to be happy with it for a while.
>>
>>31744825
>that overpriced scope with a fault
Yeah, I remember now. Elcan. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cbZiPPnUmE
>>
File: IMG_3399.gif (945KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3399.gif
945KB, 500x375px
>>31744403
I own the 1x and love it, best sight ever but I have astigmatism so I prefer it over what I used in the army even though it's 1/5 the price
>>
Encouraging posts
>>
Vortex makes good shit. I don't particularly like the Spitfire, but that's mostly because I don't particularly like the reticle. There's nothing wrong with it, but do the stuff that >>31744825
suggested.
>>
>>31744868
I thought SOCOM does a ton of testing on optics? How would this have gotten by them?
>>
File: IMG_20161014_205607.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161014_205607.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>31744403
I've found that for just plinking or shooting cheap home-made whte-trash mall ninja rigs like pic related el-cheapo optics work just fine.

Why spend $1,500 on an optic to put it on a gun worth only a few hundred?
>>
can a prism optic cowitness?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.