[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /k/. I'm wondering if I could get a recommendation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: blaser-f16-game-1-on-white.jpg (57KB, 848x477px) Image search: [Google]
blaser-f16-game-1-on-white.jpg
57KB, 848x477px
Hello /k/. I'm wondering if I could get a recommendation from you all. I'm looking for a nice break action shotgun - going to get it as a gift for a friend. Does anyone know of anything quality in the 200 to 300 range? Other than that, friend has an obsession with wooden stocks, and doesn't own a 20 gauge yet, so anything that hits those marks is a plus. Thanks in advance
>>
Stevens Model 311.
>>
>>31744112
Good luck finding anything but a single shot in that price range that isn't complete shit.
>>
>>31744279
I wouldn't mind a single shot. I'm looking for something he doesn't have and might like to mess with from time to time. Doesn't have to become a primary
>>
>>31744303
at that price range all you can get is a singleshot
>>
>>31744316
>>31744303
Very true. For a decent O/U you're looking at at least $1000
>>
>>31744112

Go on Gunbroker and wait for a decent single-shot break-action to show up. They've gone out of style in the past three decades, so whatever you find is going to be old and likely unattractive.

Unrelated, this reminds me of the time I saw a 12 ga/.30-06 drilling rifle on GunsAmerica and I nearly came.
>>
>>31744333

I mean, Stoeger has decent offerings at the $600 price range.
>>
>>31744368
Eh, stoeger has had some mixed reviews. Of course, that might also be primarily coming from the "anything that isn't a citori/silver pigeon is SHIT" crowd
>>
>>31744352
Will do. I'm not very experienced in this kind of thing, maybe I was being unrealistic asking for that price range.
>>
>>31744112
might be unrelated to the topic but why are side by side/over and under shotguns so expensive?
From stores and websites they are mostly in the $1000 range.
>>
>>31744445
takes effort and skill to build
>>
>>31744112
Former USA Shooting Team here

Also former LGS owner

You might be able to find something out of Turkey in that range. Stoeger, Yildiz, etc are going to run $459-$519 for base hunting model over/unders. They're ok, but then again I'm used to $15,000 Perazzis.

Other options are SSBA (single shot break action). Brands are numerous; the most popular probably being H&R, which I know you can get in your price bracket brand new.

You could try to find a turkish over/under used off gunbroker, but the prices there are stupid. Sellers on GB basically want retail for everything. The pool of used guns fitting that criteria are also going to be small and niche, so checking LGSs and gunshows are going to take forever.

It's your call but I would buy a break action H&R. You can get them in any gauge you prefer with little or no price difference.
>>
>>31744523
should also mention the $459-$519 price bracket was from 5 years ago. I haven't exactly been scouting them out at gunshows so I'm not entirely certain about the current retail price.
>>
>>31744523
Appretiate the input, thanks!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.