[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got my rig set up for my new DVC. All double alpha and at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Just got my rig set up for my new DVC. All double alpha and at first glance it all looks pretty high quality. This is an upgrade from my current set up which is a Shadow CTS set up with mostly blade tech /cr speed. Post competitive shooting shit general thread.
>>
>>31738345
Can you list the manufacturer of each of those items?

Looks pretty high quality stuff tbqh, what did it run you in total?
>>
File: image.jpg (601KB, 1636x1065px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
601KB, 1636x1065px
Holy shit that's a nice setup. Got my CK Arms frame build, and g34 for now. Mags are fucking pricey for 140mm .40sw guns

Going to shoot it for the first time on Saturday
>>
>>31738345
Forgive my ignorance (not a native English speaker, either) - what's the name of the type of shooting this setup is used for? And what is this contraption called?
>>
>>31738389
Gun-STI DVC limited in 9mm-$3k
Holster-double alpha race master-$200
Mag pouches-double alpha race master mag pouch-$60/ea
Belt-double alpha premium race belt-$60
>>
>>31738410
Thanks man, and yes it's not a cheap hobby
>>
>>31741356
>~3500 for concealed carry
Fuuck I'm jelly of the quality
>>
>>31740194
It's just a USPSA race rig. It would work in IPSC as well
>>
>>31741364
I most definitely wouldn't be using this for concealed carry...unless I was in Detroit
>>
File: IMG_3545.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3545.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>31738345

Slowly putting my shit together, hopefully will be complete by this time next year but at least I got the most expensive part out of the way.
>>
>>31741375
Isn't USPSA just the US IPSC branch?
>>
>>31738345
Is it me, or are going for the Open division? If so, why not an optic?
>>
>>31741375
I saw a guy at a range shooting like this, he was dropping his mags on concrete floor mercilessly. Do all mags withstand this abuse, or they have to be specifically prepared for it?

I noticed some sort of a metal enlargement on the bottom of the mags, is that just for convenience, or for weight, so it drops straight? I see OP's mags have the same but either plastic or rubber.
>>
>>31742744
Pretty gun. Is it worth the price tag over getting a not as expensive 1911 and upgrading parts.
Is there any reason why i see competiton guys usually use .45 or .40 over 9mm?
>>
>>31742861
>Is there any reason why i see competiton guys usually use .45 or .40 over 9mm?
Major power factor, gets you more points if you can shoot it well

>>31742850
>I noticed some sort of a metal enlargement on the bottom of the mags, is that just for convenience, or for weight, so it drops straight? I see OP's mags have the same but either plastic or rubber.
Enlarged magwell, lets you reload faster and more easily, as it guides the mag into the gun.
>>
Nice setup, OP. I really like my race master setup, I don't shoot USPSA but it's very secure, Super adjustable, and overall high quality. I have yet to see a daa product that wasn't top notch.
>>
>>31742876
>Enlarged magwell
That much is clear, but what about the enlargements on the bottom of the mags?
>>
>>31742876
So does that mean you cant shoot powderpuff loads like in CAS? I guess that sort of raises the skill ceiling.

>>31742876
I think he was talking abut the blocks on the magazines, not the magwell. Instead of a flat baseplate they all look like theyve got extensions.
>>
>>31742744
Whoa bud be careful not to cut yourself on that edge.
>>
>>31742920
>That much is clear, but what about the enlargements on the bottom of the mags?
>>31742941
>I think he was talking abut the blocks on the magazines, not the magwell. Instead of a flat baseplate they all look like theyve got extensions.

Makes it easier to grab the mags from the belt, better seating with the enlarged mag well, protects the magazine when it falls on concrete.
>>
>>31742989
lol
>>
SVI or STI? What would you nigs choose?
>>
>>31743081
SVU
DUN DUN!
>>
>>31742832
I shoot limited minor
>>
>>31742876
Minor makes you shoot more accurately...to me it's the hardest division and if u can make grand master shooting limited you are basically a USPSA God.
>>
>>31742744
OP here...nice choice
>>
>>31743558
I thought you just had to hit the target in uspsa/ipsc?
So do they measure your loads to make sure it fits into major/minor power or is it just caliber? How does scoring work then, im assuming you get more points per hit with major under the assumption its harder to shoot with the same speed/accuracy right? Do they compete on the same contest r are they seperate divisions.
>>
>>31743650
Scoring consists of A,B,C, and D zone hits. Alphas are worth the most points. Major is scored just like production where As are worth As, Bs are worth Bs, etc...shooting minor power factor, your As are As but Bs are scored as Cs and so on. Basically your at a disadvantage if u shoot minor but l prefer it. They don't measure loads for 40s and up as your are shooting major either way. However, if u shoot 9mm major they will potentially chronic your rounds to make sure you're meeting major PF. Most matches every division shoots together, unless it's an area champion match or something of the like...
>>
>>31744109
Chrono*
>>
>>31744124
And open division is for pussies. I did that shit for a season and got bored. It's too easy.
>>
>>31744132
Open division is when you can throw all the gucci shit on your gun like optics and weights ect? What didnt you like about it, seems like theres a pretty high startup cost but all the guns look like theyre from the future.
Isnt there something about gear thats different also
>>
>>31744185
The only difference between open and limited is optics and compensators. Compensators make it feel like shooting a 22lr and the optics are basically cheating. It just wasn't a ton of fun to me. I can see if your old and don't like recoil and are losing your eyesight, but for able bodied shooters it just seems lame. Also, it's not a whole lot more expensive than limited. Compensators are a couple hundred bucks and so are most Cmore mounts/sights
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>31744254
Pic of the CZ I've been competing with prior to getting my STI
>>
>>31742744
Why do I like this?
I only like GI 1911s
But there's something about this one...
>>
>>31745067
>>31744254
Im guessing your pretty good to drop the money on an sti.
Can you recommend some starting gear and good training habits. Shooting is good but im sure theres better training then plinking at water bottles and paper.
>>
File: fedora137.jpg (58KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
fedora137.jpg
58KB, 520x390px
>>31745067
>Race guns
>>
>>31745157
>Can you recommend some starting gear and good training habits.
Dry fire, SIRTguns, shoot multiple paper targets as fast as you can. Work on your transitions, your trigger, your breathing, your hold, your sight pictures.

Go slow at first, then increase your speed while maintaining decent accuracy to find your personal "rythm".
>>
>>31745157
I like to think I'm pretty decent. I'm classified as a A class limited shooter and a M in production. For starting gear I would say any holsters/belts/mag pouches by blade tech/CR speed/comp tech would suffice...they all make quality stuff at a decent price. What kind of gun do u plan on shooting and what division? (I would recommend starting in production). For training I do lots of dry firing drills working from the draw. Work on accuracy first, speed will come naturally as u shoot more...I staple index cards to cardboard at 10/15/20/25 yards and try to get a good cadence. Getting actual uSPSA targets to practice with is ideal as well. Make sure u build muscle memory of when that trigger breaks so u know exactly when that round is going to go off that way u never anticipate. Also, learn to shoot both eyes open.
>>
>>31745382
What is so neckbeardy about shooting competitively?
>>
>>31745382
Vaping helped me quit smoking and people who vape helped me quit vaping.
>>
>>31745465
Mostly right, except the shooting as fast as you can part. That's where most people fuck up. Your whole day can get fucked by a couple of mikes on the wrong stage, usually happens when people are pushing it too fast
>>
>>31745702
Only handgun ive got is a pre b cz75 so id probably just use that for now. Im not to sure of what division but whatever the most basic is. Im not about to throw a bunch of stuff on my handgun, i like it how it is.
I already shoot both eyes open so thats a plus i guess. How many magazines should i get, i only have 2 right now
>>
>>31745742
As fast as you can while maintaining accuracy, I meant.
Obviously mag dumping isn't helping anyone.
He has to get used to recoil control, and slow fire isn't the same in that regard.
>>
>>31745769
That's exactly the gun I started shooting with and it's a perfect production gun. Generally speaking on most stages you'll use three mags at the most but I like to have at least four handy. Keep in mind that shooting production you can only load 10 rounds per magazine. If you shoot limited then you can load capacity .
>>
>>31745815
Sorry I misunderstood what you meant . But yes cadence is key.
>>
>>31745382
Racegun owners are only faggots if they don't compete with them and just use them to show off plinking at a local range.
>>
>>31745820
So basically i should pic up a few more magazines, a belt and some index cards and shoot a lot more.
Do you reload? I just picked up a single stage press but id think a progressive would be a lot less hassle to crank out all the ammo you burn through.
>>
>>31746179
Yup that's all you need. And yes, I reload ...I use a Dillon 1050
>>
>>31746225
Damn thats some nice hardware. How do you like it? I was gonna try to get my old man to give me his 550b, im the only one who uses it anyway.
>>
>>31746286
Oh yeah it's nice. I started with a square deal, then a 650...I still use the 650 to reload .223 but I crank out a TON of 9mm w/ the 1050
>>
>>31746318
You have any powder/bullets youre fond f or do you just use whats on sale? The single stage is mostly for milsurp, id be painful to use it for 9mm.

Do you shoot 3 gun also? Ive been wanting to try it out but my only shotgun is a 20 o/u and only semi auto is a scar17. Dont much care for ARs to be honest.
>>
>>31746286
Oh yeah it's nice. I started with a square deal, then a 650...I still use the 650 to reload .223 but I crank out a TON of 9mm w/ the 1050
>>
>>31746366
I use mostly tight group powder and extreme 135 bullets. But in not too picky honestly...
>>
>>31741356
>limited
>minor
>>
>>31746366
And yes, I shoot quite a bit of 3gun. I use an 18" Noveske AR with tons of upgraded shit and a JMpro for my rifle/shotgun..:the handgun rotates between a few that I like shooting
>>
>>31746456
I'll take someone who can shoot fast accurately for $500 Alex
>>
>>31746473
The real business is in production, friendo
>>
>>31746772
I'm know. I'm classified as Master in production. I shot production for almost 5 years before I started shooting limited a couple of years ago. Actually building a PCC to shoot that next year as well.
>>
>>31746772
Not to mention limited minor is by far the most challenging division to shoot . That's why I like it
>>
>>31746974
What are the requirments to be a "master"? Is it your total time and points scored?
>>
>>31747555
It's all based off of how well u shoot classifier stages. Most matches have one classifier and there is usually one super classifier a year, a super classifier is usually a match were all or most of the stages are considered classifieds. Your top six classifier scores are averaged and that determines your classification. From lowest to highest the classifications are D, C, B, A, master, grand master.
>>
Can I use 10mm in threegun?
>>
>>31747691
I guess...but not if you want to be competitive
>>
>>31747710

I want to have fun. I've been reading a lot and it seems like HeMan gets super pissy about 10mm being used there, which sucks. Is there a division that would let me use anything I wanted?
>>
>>31747777
As far as I know there's no limits in open division ....they also have what they call a heavy metal division but you'd have to use a 308 rifle
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.