[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /k/, I didn't see any /meg/ on here so I apologize if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

Hi /k/, I didn't see any /meg/ on here so I apologize if there is one, but I enlisted in the Marines and wanted to know what the process to going to boot camp is, and what boot camp is like, especially for a skinny guy like me. How exactly do I arrive at Parris Island? And while the physical part of boot camp is hard, is it also easy to fail out if you're not physically fit?

Thank you /k/, I appreciate it.
>>
You enlisted in the Marines and you don't know what the fuck you're supposed to be doing?

Welcome aboard.
>>
>>31730578
Doesn't everyone not know what they're doing

I signed up for the sexy marpat, and to meet interesting people and then invade their country. Mainly the MARPAT and the general retardation than anything else though.
>>
>>31730601
I can almost taste the hazing you're going to get.

Make sure to tell your DI you joined for those reasons lmao

Also I hope you like getting ass fucked in your dickhole
>>
>>31730639
exciting

no I told my recruiter that I joined for the money and GI Bill, tired of paying 50k a year for college.
>>
>>31730658
>tired of paying 50k a year for college
>50k a year

What the fuck?

You can't be serious
>>
>>31730601
Goddamn, does Google not exist where you live? You deserve every molecule of shit that rolls down on you.
>>
>>31730568
You're gonna get shoved in a washing machine and "fall" off the third deck and the USMC will be a better organization because of it.

Jk boot camp isn't too bad just shut the fuck up, do as you're told and don't stand out. You have to be pretty fucking garbage to fail boot for fitness reasons. All the guys that got dropped from my plt were injured, couldn't swim, or couldn't shoot.
>>
>>31730678
Completely serious. I go to RIT, and because I'm white and not deaf and come from a relatively financially stable household we don't get any scholarships or tuition assistance.
>>
>>31730729
Sounds great. Lol I'm 6'4" almost 6'5" so I'm not sure how I'd fit in a washing machine. I am excited though to not be surrounded by whiny bitchy liberals all day. Not to say they aren't in the Marines but it's a different demographic.
>>
File: MARPAT_woodland_pattern.jpg (53KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
MARPAT_woodland_pattern.jpg
53KB, 500x498px
Woodland MARPAT looks like shit. Desert and snow are fine though.
>>
>>31730904
Snow MARPAT is a thing?

I disagree though woodland MARPAT gives me a stiffy
>>
>>31730896
It's definitely a different demographic, though you may find the culture a bit stale after a while (if you can call extreme couture shirts and avenge sevenfold culture). How you get to boot depends on what coast you're on and how far away you are from the MCRD. Some vans were contracted out and drove me and a few others from Tampa FL to Parris Island, which gave me just enough time to contemplate every shitty decision I made which led me to the USMC. But seriously, boot camp is one of those deals where you'll look back on it and wonder why you were ever scared. Just don't fuck up as bad as the worst guy and take it day by day
>>
>>31730967
Thank you for this information. I live in Pennsylvania so I'm not sure what it's going to be like. I'm mainly afraid of the pullups.
>>
>>31730896

>Joined the military
>Doesn't think it is the most PC place to ever get excreted from the beaurocratic mess that is the US government.

Enjoy your SHARP training (or whatever Marines call it). Remember, if you are a male and even look at a female after she has been within thirty miles of an alcoholic drink you have raped her. If she reports that you raped her then a massive investigation will be launched, and you WILL become "that guy who raped a girl". If it's found that you DID dare touch a girls no-no place and she decided she didn't want that anymore then you are FUCKED, as fucked as anyone could possibly be. If you didn't rape a woman then it doesn't matter, you will still be that guy who raped a chick.

Enjoy your Equal Opportunity training. This month is Hispanic month. Next month is Black history month, the month after that is Pacific Islander month. Very soon transgenders will be a OK. Remember, if you are white you are a racist and need multiple yearly trainings to keep that in check.

Pregnant woman not fucking working? Enjoy your IG complaint if you say anything.
Gaggle of black women being loud and generally annoying? EO will shitndown your throat so quick your head will spin if you say anything.

Enjoy the most autistically unhinged rules about environmental protection and respecting foreign cultures.
>>
>>31730983

Dude it's not like you're going to special ops boot camp.

Everyone and their mother could pass marine boot camp. it's where all the rejects and minorities end up. The dregs of society that have no where else to drop dead.

And you just made the horrible decision to go there instead of becoming an officer, NCO whatever the fuck they call it or go to the Chair Force and ride helicopters.
>>
>>31730983
Pull-ups are harder for you long ass guys. Try doing lat pull downs or weighted pull ups if you can. Set a total number you want to accomplish (so 20 would be a good one for the PFT), and try to get that number in as few sets as possible. If you're constantly hitting 17-18 and just can't get over the last few, bump up to 25 or 30 and before you know it you'll have 20 in one set.
>>
>>31731030
I can barely do 3 lol
>>
>>31730983

OP you fucked up royally. Who the fuck even goes to the USMC these days ? It's literally the worst of all the armed forces !

Why didn't you go enlist in the air force or national guard or some shit...
>>
>>31731039
Jesus Christ well aim for 5 lol. I would really recommend getting that up before you get to boot
>>
>>31731041
being surrounded by smart people makes me feel inferior
>>
>>31730658
>>31730879

You are going to get so fucked.
But in all honesty it's not bad, theres a reason they call it a 3 month paid vacation, just hang out and bond with your brothers. Also, don't be the fucker screaming "Aye Sir" in his sleep, that will get the Kill hot and heavy.
>>
>>31731015
Please tell me you're exaggerating
>>
>>31731086

Don't plan on it lol. On the first night though I plan on volunteering for Firewatch. I'm just in it for the Camaraderie and the money.
>>
>>31731115
The first night? Haha, you dont get to sleep the first night. Firewatch won't win you brownie points either.

I remember this one kid, this little kiss ass that would suck up to every DI, always got away with shit because cunning little cunt... We hated him, so much. Eventually he dropped out of training because they could no longer ignore that he was physically incompetent.
>>
File: IMG_8720.jpg (144KB, 806x908px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8720.jpg
144KB, 806x908px
>>31730639
>>
>>31731152
Physically incompetent how? I just want to do what's required of me lol
>>
>>31731186
Heh, I'm going to leave it at that. Let this be motivation because they will straight kick your ass out if you fail. I've seen guys piss themselves while exercising just to make above cut.

Good luck though.
>>
>>31731198
Thank you. I absolutely plan on not getting kicked out. I have everything down but the pullups which are a pain because of my height. Was he physically incompetent because he was a fatbody or a skinny shit like myself?
>>
>>31731243
Double rats skinny.
>>
>>31731253
oh fuck
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.