[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

12 hours prior to attack on Pearl Harbor, information of exact

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Midway.jpg (93KB, 740x427px) Image search: [Google]
Midway.jpg
93KB, 740x427px
12 hours prior to attack on Pearl Harbor, information of exact attack path and timing of Japanese forces is given to Hawaii command. An hour before attack all US aircraft are armed and fueled and take flight. All available US ships are outside the port in a single battle group, steaming toward the Japanese battle group along with any carrier close enough.

Japanese fly in, are met by fierce US air resistance. US dive bombers and torpedo planes fight their way toward IJN task group under protection of US fighters. Four Japanese carriers are sunk.

How does this change things for Pacific theatre?

ITT: Basically Midway happens already at Pearl.
>>
>>31730209
>How does this change things for Pacific theatre?
Japan loses even faster and harder than it had.
>>
>>31730233
/thread
Am i right guys?
>>
>>31730233
This. What Pacific theatre?
The decimation of the bulk of the IJN fleet after Pearl Harbor along with the continued oil embargoes push Japan further down the rabbit hole. Australia has no issue on their front, the Chinese take a few shots, no more Japan.
>>
>>31730209
We probably don't even go to war with Japan, just increase massively the amount of shit we send to the Allied forces. They attack us, kill a few dozen, we kill 12,000, decimating prettymuch their entire offenive potential continue to not give a fuck.
>>
>12 hours prior to attack on Pearl Harbor, information of exact attack path and timing of Japanese forces is given to Hawaii command.

Military command spends about 4 hours digesting and processing the information before the relevant people are fully briefed, about 2 hours to make a decision and decide whether to believe their intelligence. They spend another 2-3 hours trying to confirm, and then make a decision and act to prevent the attack. Functionally they have maybe an hour or three that isn't wasted deliberating what to do about the Japanese.

The warning probably either falls on deaf ears or results in an ultimately ineffective attempt to counter the Japanese that might get both plenty of American aircraft destroyed and possibly carriers sunk by submarines.
>>
>>31730417
Oh, and Japan becomes a Soviet Satellite work camp in 1946 minus a few million Japanese people.
>>
>>31730430
>¥0.5 has been deposited in your account
>>
>>31730440

I only wish I got paid to shit-post. I, however, am an unemployed writer.
>>
Even an hour's worth of warning would probably result in Pearl Harbor failing. Anything that keeps the American fighters from getting shot to pieces on the ground probably keeps a good portion of the fleet from getting their shit slapped.

An effective and immediate counterattack would probably annihalate the Jap carrier fleet while it was too far away from home for support.

Basically Japan would be fucked afterwards. Little, if any force projection abilities and America doesn't have to spend time rebuilding and re-training the Pacific fleet.
>>
America does nothing. Absolutely nothing. Entering war with Japan was in the interest of the US.
>>
>>31730209
Fun fact: the guy James bond is based on told the FBI director about the plan like 3-4 months in advance... and nothing was done, they thought he was lying and was a spy for the nazis. My prediction Pearl Harbor still plays out the same because the people in charge are cunts
>>
>>31730209
the united states already knew. we had cracked japanese encryption messages almost a year before the event and were translating half of all their messages. there were even newspapers warning the general public about the attack in nyc.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.