[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they let the krauts surround the tank when they could've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: fury.jpg (140KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
fury.jpg
140KB, 1000x600px
Why did they let the krauts surround the tank when they could've ambushed the column in clear range and firepower superiority?
This last part of the movie make no sense.
>>
>This last part of the movie make no sense.
>Movie make no sense.
>Movie

I dont know OP, I just cant figure it out
>>
This is your movie on Fuddlore.
>>
>>31729964
What they were hoping was that the jerrys would just ignore them and move out, hence why they buttoned the hatches and locked em, and set the tank on fire and shit.

Also because they thought it was a burnt up tank, they were not expecting it to explode with awesome firepower right at their columns unexpectedly.

In reality the crew should have bailed and hid somewhere that they could keep sight of their tank, but muh tanker death before dismount pride got them all killed.
>>
the movie made sense up until the apartment with the girls
>>
File: 1375471702998.jpg (82KB, 700x714px)
1375471702998.jpg
82KB, 700x714px
>>31729964
It could be because the tracks were blown off by land mine.

Just maybe.
>>
>>31729964
The real question is why don't the krauts use panzerfaust in the first place?
>>
>>31730091
Because they had few left, no panzerfausts were at the front in the beginning of the skirmish, and any soldiers that might have had them in the front were mowed down by the bow machine gunner. Their bodies remained under his machine gun for the duration.

It's like you people went into the movie theater with ear plugs and a blind fold.
>>
>>31729964
The drive wheel was literally blown clean off by a landmine.
>>
File: 1444703922027.jpg (683KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1444703922027.jpg
683KB, 1000x1333px
>>31729964
>Bright sunny afternoon
>battle begins
>Immediately dark
Also
>Let's prepare for the battle
Oh no, we left half of our ammo outside
>>
>>31730416
>Bright sunny afternoon
It was twilight hours. I swear people love to make things up about this movie.

Also, see what happens to your surroundings when there's a lot of fire around.
>>
>>31730063
>>31730216
Yes, but they should've hit the germans at distance with machine guns and cannon when they had nothing to defeat the sherman armor.
Panzerfaust only work at close distance.
ALso after hitting them hard they could've used smoke grenades to cover their retreat innawoods.
>>
>>31729964
Terrible fucking movie
>>
>>31730637
Engage them at range, and they'll just withdraw. This ensured that they were committed to the fight.

The crew already resigned themselves to die to hold the objective.
>>
>>31730674
great movie that could have used a few tweaks.

terrible fuggin' critique
>>
>>31730058

The movie fell apart on the first battle scene with Yankee tanks moving 4 abreast in open territory against concealed PAKs which ended up missing every time.

It just got worse after that.
>>
>>31730674

This.

It's like "World of Tanks - the Movie" with retarded, grimdark enhancements to make Americans look like war criminals and Germans like suicidal zombie idiots with no tactical intuition.
>>
>>31731128
>1945
>implying the Germans weren't exactly that
>>
>>31730047
>dismounted and hid
Huh, didn't think about that one
>>
>>31730100
They had a bloody crate full of them. Plus some were carrying them as they marched. Only.. I think 2 or 3 were used at most during the climax.
>>
File: IMG_4439.jpg (365KB, 1104x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4439.jpg
365KB, 1104x1600px
>>31729964
Reminder that a wounded manlet from Texas did this sort of thing by himself, only stopping after he was out of ammo and returned to his men to lead them against the German attack.
>>
>>31730047

>In reality the crew should have bailed and hid somewhere that they could keep sight of their tank, but muh tanker death before dismount pride got them all killed.

IIRC, they decided to engage the germans because they were trying to protect some rear echelon guys who didn't know they were about to get fugged.
>>
>>31730686
>Engage them at range, and they'll just withdraw

In the real world, that's called "winning", dumbcuck

Life is not an MMO where you need to get the last hit in to get on the loot roll or whatever nerd shit you play. If you shoot at someone and they run away, you won the fight.

Also, good fucking luck outpacing a Sherman by hand-pushing your PAK away from it.
>>
>>31732585
>In the real world, that's called "winning", dumbcuck
No, it's not. If the objective is the destruction of enemy forces, you don't want to allow them to get away. For another example, you'll notice in period manuscripts regarding the use of antitank guns: They are not to open fire until the enemy is well within the killzone.

If the Fury crew were to just open fire at maximum range, the SS unit would have fallen back (because they would have no reason to commit) and bypass them, moving on to their own objective.

I understand that using hip words like 'cuck' without understanding what they mean is all the rage. But you should at least try not to look like as much of a dumbass while doing it.
>>
>>31732545
Correct. It was the whole point of their mission through out the film.
>>
>>31732425
>Bloody crate
Which they indicated were all they had left. And a 'crate' of Panzerfausts isn't exactly a load of Panzerfausts. You didn't address anything in the post you responded to.
>>
>>31731112
Moving abreast against an enemy position is ideal to ensure the maximum number of guns on target.

The PAKs did not miss every time. You can criticize the movie without making shit up.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.