[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are my countries gun laws so fucking stupid http://www.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 12

File: gun.jpg (10KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
gun.jpg
10KB, 650x366px
Why are my countries gun laws so fucking stupid

http://www.news.com.au/national/politics/malcolm-turnbull-wont-take-david-leyonhjelms-shotgun-demand-off-negotiating-table/news-story/112cf1177365d466b9c9f81fd12c79e9

The people banning this are acting like it's some new super weapons. It's a 150 year old design for fuck sake. Not to mention, lever action rifles aren't banned here, and they can hold more than 8 rounds anyway.
>>
Why do you guys even try?

The only reason they let you have any guns is because it's respecting your "barbaric hunting culture". It's not a compromise, they are doing it because they have to respect cultural relativism to get votes.

They do the same thing in the US. They try to appeal to fudd weapons "hunting and sport shooting".

They won't stop until you have 0 guns.
>>
Just dig up all those old SKSes and fucking purge the cities. They're doing the same thing to you in slow motion.
>>
>>31716028

I'm pretty sure they melted them all down for scrap.
>>
>>31715675
>Why are my countries gun laws so fucking stupid
Australians hate Australians as much as the rest of the world hates Australians.
>>
It's far too late for you guys to do anything about it, but at least you get to serve as a warning to everyone else.
>>
>>31715833
>Why do you guys even try?
How can you be on /k/ and ask that question?
>>
>>31716133
About 2/3 didn't turn in their weapons. You can bet your ass there are untold numbers of SKSs, AKs, and L1A1s around, waiting for evil Emperor Howard's laws to be done away with or SHTF, whichever comes first.
>>
>>31716133
~20% of restricted guns were handed in in 96
>>
>>31716465
Not just them but all the pump shotguns that every farmer had and semi/pump 22's which were ubiquitous to LAFO's in Aus
>>
File: austears.jpg (70KB, 283x400px) Image search: [Google]
austears.jpg
70KB, 283x400px
>>31716185
>It's far too late for you guys to do anything about it
We never could in the first place, we never had a footing to base from legally
>but at least you get to serve as a warning to everyone else.
The example being that it was so effective here other governments should follow suit, our leader of 96 has been to the US on numerous occasions to discuss what happened here with your politicians.

>mfw
>>
>>31716133
Oldfag here. Been involved in the fight since the '96 gun rallies.
Many moons ago there was a leaked QLD Police document that claimed a 28% success rate in guns being turned in vs import statistics. The numbers were buffered by claiming accessories turned in as 'firearms'. I knew a guy who turned in a non functioning .22 with 6 mags. That's seven guns right there.

>>31716465
There are enough SKS/SKKs out there that importation of surplus ammo was banned. I'm not sure if the same happened with M1 carbine ammo.
>>
>>31717696
> I'm not sure if the same happened with M1 carbine ammo.
It probably just dried up, it was never made with the proliferation of other Mil cartridges.
Wish I was a bit older, never got to shoot my uncles M1 or my dads high standard pump.
>>
>>31717696
>Another old bastard
M1 ammo was pretty scarce in some places even back in the 1980s, my dad at the time was considering picking up an M1 but the lack of ammo and cost of it put him off.
They where used, but not to the extent of say the SKK/Type 84's- which you could get for brand new $280, couple of extra mags and for about $50 more they'd throw in enough ammo to keep anyone happy for quite a while. Plus the 7.62 was much more effective than .30 carbine on stuff like pigs and roos which they where mostly used on. It was also handy you got a lot of ammo and 30rd mags, because they where not a very accurate rifle! :)

Funny story about the Chinese guns was that Australia was owed a lot of money for various things, lacking the liquid cashola at the time they literally sent a boat of guns and ammo over as trade, think it was close to 75-100,000 rifles at the time and literally a mountain of ammo.
>>
That said, in 2003 Howard said he would ban handguns before Christmas. We still have access to service handguns. He won on the compacts.
In 2005 the Police Ministers were meeting to ban pumps and levers. We stopped that the nigh before it was to be announced.
Since then they tried to ban .50 BMG, 416 & .338. Only partially successful.
They did win on the ten round mag restriction in most states.
We've had restrictions on importation of accessories and one handed knifes lifted. Trying shooting without a license legalized in NSW. 28 day wait for second and subsequent firearms lifted in QLD NSW and VIC.

Hence the silence on the NFA, they wanted to have a rock solid agreement that we couldn't break before we found out.
Abbot put his foot in it by bringing this up in parliament to score points against Turnbull. To most Libs the anti-union legislation is much more important than guns, he is driving off the supporters who could put him back in the PMs chair. Furthermore, getting the gun owners unhappy before the NFA announcement may put it on the back burner. Gotta love the Mad Monks ability to shoot himself int he foot.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 376x335px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 376x335px
>>31715675
>genuinely caring about shotguns outside of clay-shooting

Let me guess, this gun is for "prepping"?
Honestly, there are very few applications where a double barrel or trusty rifle won't do the trick.
>inb4 "home defunse"
It's fucking Australia, and the yowies don't come near houses.
>>
>>31717739
You don't ute shoot much do you anon?
>>
>>31717742
Honestly, no, because I am not retarded.
It's all fun and games until you hit a rut and someone NDs into their own face.
>>
>>31717711
The M1 was a crap gun to shoot. Even if legal again I wouldn't buy one. I do understand the feeling that you should be able to if you choose, but you aren't missing much.

>>31717725
I remember the mail order guns. *sigh*
>>
>>31717749
>It's all fun and games until you hit a rut and someone NDs into their own face.
If you think this occurs, you should probably re-examine your level of intelligence
>>
>>31717751
I have honestly flipped out of the back of 2 utes in my life, I certainly wouldn't trust anyone to drive while I shot.
It genuinely only takes a bit too much juice going down a rocky slope and you will 100% ND at least, likely being thrown from the tray.
>>
Tomorrow, if you get a little time, ring up the office of Troy Grant, Minister for Police, NSW. He has put forward his piece, stating that lever-action shotguns should become Cat B, not D or C if categorised. Troy Grant has also stated publicly that licenced individuals are not the issue, and resources need to be put into criminals, not LAFO's.

Ask him thus:
-If the Adler is "so similar" to a pump action shotgun, and lever-action shotguns are being moved to category B, then by logic, pump-action shotguns should be moved to the same category.

See what his response his. Then, contact all your local members, and ask them the same thing.
>>
If One Nation gets on side then the government is dead in the water.

Leyonhelm should start coordinating with Pauline.
>>
>>31717749
Only guys I know of who did that were Lebs, so I doubt it was an accident.

As Free Human Beings it doesn't matter if we don't need it. Wanting to or choosing to is enough.

>genuinely caring about shotguns outside of clay-shooting

My fellow Aussies, look upon this and behold. Its a Country Club Republican, not often seen on this or any other gun board. The second amendment is for shooting clays while discussing dynastic marriages of their ritalin overdosed rotten crotch fruit.
>>
>>31717760
According to you and yet across Australia, thousands of LAFO's ute shoot each weekend and not one reported case of someone "ND'ing into their own heads" in a country where a dad shooting his sons hand made it to the news and said dad was brought up on charges despite none being laid by any person involved.

Paddocks are a series of ruts, endless ruts in fact and I've yet to witness an ND, a dropped firearm or someone falling out of a ute in all my years hunting.
>>
>>31717776

I always make it a priority to put the safety on when in the paddock. The only time I take it off is when I'm lined up ready to shoot.

The faggot in this thread dissing shooting from cars is a city dwelling retard.
>>
>>31717772
Doesn't really need to, her policy's are already LAFO bro tier.

>>31717783
>city dwelling retard.
Ohh without a doubt
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 500x376px
>>31717775
We don't have a second ammendment, guns are for sports and hunting, those are the only defensible reasons we have for owning an item which can kill another human so easily.
You nuts are honestly ruining firearms for all enthusiasts who don't masturbate to the idea of killing home invaders.

>>31717776
>Never seen anyone fall out of a ute
>all my years of hunting

Nice roleplay.
>>
>>31717772
Watch the WA election early next year

Colin is a fuckwit and the Nats have royally pissed off their userbase

It's going to be an absolute slaughter with One Nation at the helm.

Also LDP, pls god let the LDP get in.
>>
>>31717790
Do you have lucky legs? Normal people don't spill out of a ute simply because it's bumpy.
>>
>>31717772
They have different mind sets. One Nation in NSW preferenced the Animal Justice Party. I would not count on One Nation being Pro-gun at this time.
>>
>>31717776
>shooting from moving cars is not at all dangerous
>>31717783
>yeah, it's dangerous so I always keep my safety on
>>31717787
>fair enough, but that first guy that said it was dangerous is still wrong.
>>
>>31717793
It's going to be a Greens clean sweep, they'll pick up all the disaffected and gain balance of power.
>>
>>31717796
Define bumpy.
Normally I and the other passengers are hitting our heads on the cab roof, let alone trying to stand on the tray.
>>
>>31717800
Show me where I said it wasn't dangerous... What I said was despite your claims, it just doesn't happen and to return to your original question
>People care about shotguns because they are our best tool for shooting on the move
It doesn't matter a fuck what your uneducated opinions on the topic are.

>>31717806
On a farm - bullshit and you sure as shit aren't ute shooting off a farm
>>
>>31717790
Like cars? I'm fairly certain you are an American. You've apparently been chemically lobotomized. Hence the 2nd amendment discussion.
No one in this thread has argued for 'killing home invaders'. Strawman argument.
Having helped keep ranges open, handguns and repeating firearms legal in this country, I'm fairly certain I didn't do anything to ruin firearms for anyone.

Nice selfie.
>>
Still bloody sucks that they are even moving the lever action shotties to cat b

>but anon they're the same thing

Not in NSW and on the PTA and license application you need a genuine "need" for the gun unlike cat A aswell as the reason.

This is also giving them another inch in which they will take a mile
>>
That's what u aussies get 4 being racist. White supremacist boiz don't deserve guns.
>>
>>31717797

No, I genuinely think people in the UPF and such don't care for Howard's gun laws. Just as long as guns don't end up in the hands of darkies, they're happy and so am I.

If the hard right don't give a fuck about gun laws then we're absolutely fucked in this country. Absolutely. Nobody is going to consider fedora-tier libertarians from the LDP as a genuine political party.
>>
>>31717760
People in Australia die because they get too fat, drink too much, drive while drunk/texting and don't look both ways before crossing the road.

Actually managing to shoot yourself because you're an idiot is a statistic so fucking low down the scale of 'shit I might die from' that it may as well in the lightning strikes and shark attack column.
>>
>>31717826
>Not in NSW and on the PTA and license application you need a genuine "need" for the gun
Doesn't holding a hunting license and or SSAA membership classify as need? You should try living in W.A, everything including a single shot .22 require written access to property to own with an open class license.
>This is also giving them another inch in which they will take a mile
Aye and yet so long as the rules don't effect our ranges the PTB don't give a fuck.
>>
>>31717797
R A G N - message Firearm Owners United if you wanna chat.
>>
>>31717797
One Nation is at the very worst neutral to gun ownership, check out their policies.
>http://www.onenation.com.au/policies/firearms
>>
>>31717838
WA isnt too bad from what i've heard, aside from WAPOL being mentally lacking you can own deactivated funs with no license and a minor can get a permit at any age plus lots of cheap plentiful land for shooting on.

NSW is shit for shooting, Victoria and QLD is where its at.

>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 383x472px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 383x472px
>>31717809
Are we really going to discuss why shooting on the move is a bad idea regardless of safety aspects?

>Uncle has farm
>always skip the road down from the dam
>4wd down slope instead
>fucked up 2 fenders and had 4+ people fall out of the tray
Mmmm, yeah, all farms are dead flat.
Try hitting a drainage ditch up north in pitch black on a pig-hunt. You don't want any hot guns.

>>31717821
You started the 2nd Ammendment shit though?
We don't have a right to firearms, we have to justify our hobby to the average layman, and there is unfortunately very little justification for the firearms currently banned/Cat C+D locked in Australia.
>>
>>31717835
UPF arent One Nation.
>>
>>31717852
Nope, W.A is the worst in Aus - there is no public land to shoot on - none. You can only shoot on private property and to attain a license or any firearm thereafter on an open license(hunting) you need written permission from said owner for every one. Also the property needs to be of a certain size based on each calibre, 2000acres for a .223 etc.
Then there is the price of a PTA here which last I checked was about $170 with ~7 weeks wait time, the fact you have to carry both a card and a paper license any time you carry anything firearm related and can only buy ammunition for a calibre you own.
>>
>>31717836
I knew a guy who was permanently blinded by a tow strap snapping back on him.
Certain things are obviously dangerous, even though statistics are skewed due to a low number of people partaking in this specific activity.
Shooting is fine.
4WDing is fine.
Both at the same time has the obvious potential to go wrong, similair to drinking and shooting.
>>
>>31717854
>Mmmm, yeah, all farms are dead flat.
Of course they aren't but only a retard drives hard on a farm they don't know and on a farm you do know you don't chase mobs into uncleared land you manoeuvre them into the next cleared paddock. You can argue on paper till the cows come home, the fact is what you are concerned about simply doesn't happen - find me a case of an Australian ND'ing into their own head while ute shooting, I'll wait.
>>
>>31717806
How fucking fast are you going to hit your head on the roof?

You sound more like some fuckwit city dwelling faggot who has gone 4x4ing a few times and thinks driving across a paddock is like rock climbing a slope.

I have done plenty of shooting out of vehicles. Have never seen anyone ND.

Furthermore one of the reasons the Adler is great for it is because its a repeating gun. So you can drive around with an empty chamber and rack one in when you spot something. Dropping shells into a double barrel is a shitfight in a car and a recipe for unsafe muzzle sweeping etc. Not to mention when spotlighting rabbit I have had plenty of situations where I have needed 7 rounds out of my Adler, you come across a half dozen rabbits when spotlighting and they start sprinting for cover you simply cant tag more then two of them (at best) with a double barrel.
>>
>>31717876
>situations where I have needed 7 rounds out of my Adler, you come across a half dozen rabbits when spotlighting and they start sprinting for cover
Yep and mobs of Emu's and Roo's, I don't have an Adler, I use a UO but I sure as shit would love a 20" Adler for those moments.
>>
>>31715675
it's getting the attention of a "new thing" just because our pollies never knew it existed before

the whole thing smacks of knee jerk and misunderstanding

they just need to have a sit down with some policy experts and gun experts and but it out
instead they arn't giving it any attention and therefore are being pushed along by the media
>>
>>31717842
Sorry, but I'll pass. /k/ is my plausibly deniable vice.
Here is my first post on /k/, which some kind anon screen capped. My later post on OZ gun laws and how to get a license was copypasta for a number of years.
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 702x442px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 702x442px
>>31717875
>No one has ever died walking on the moon naked
>hence walking on the moon naked is obviously safe

Nice.

>>31717876
Anything over 45 kms will end up with you hitting your head on a reasonable
bump.
>hunting rabbits with anything other than a .22
This is why people think we shouldn't have guns.
>>
going for my qualification course next week to get my cat A/B license m8s

what should I look at for my first gun?
(assuming I get my license but never had even a speeding fine so should be okay let alone conviction/mental health issues)
>>
>>31717891
To the Antis its a matter of Moral Correctness. Logic and common sense are irrelevant.
>>
>>31717911
CZ452 or Lithgow LA101 if you want a bolty. .17HMR would be my preference. Good for bunnies, hares and foxes to 150 meters. I have the CZ. spend some time learning the basics before you start spending a buck a round on a centerfire.
>>
>>31717902
Your level of ignorance is almost painful to behold anon. Nobody except you is talking about being safe, nobody else needs a blanky and coco - what we are talking about is the fact that it happens now, has been happening for decades, will continue to happen and yet nobody dies of it because the people that partake in it aren't retarded and obey common sense.

>Anything over 45 kms will end up with you hitting your head on a reasonable
bump.
Anything over 45kph is only ever done in well known cleared land with anyone I've ever shot with, maybe once or twice a night when you surprise a group of animals.

>Using a .22 on the move on rabbits also on the move
Lucky .22 is cheap, dude, just stop
>>
>>31717891
>the whole thing smacks of knee jerk and misunderstanding

Its pretty much the reason we're in the shit as it is with 'Johnny Howards Legacy' being touted as a good idea.
Man was an idiot pandering to popular opinion like most politicians in the major parties, they'll flip and flop for whatever keeps them in the job and not necessarily for any semblance of reason.
>>
File: 1280x720-fPN.jpg (43KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-fPN.jpg
43KB, 1280x720px
It's another great day to be in Canada because Canada is a country that is not Australia.
>mfw BANG BANG BANG BANG EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>31717801
y u so mean ;_;
>>
>>31717957
Worried, they're picking up steam in W.A and it's concerning, they already shot the shit out of Rick Mazza's public land hunting study.
>>
>>31717902
>>45km/h over rough ground.
Your unsafe practices are not our unsafe practices.

>This is why people think we shouldn't have guns.
Most people don't know what a .22 is. Your logic circuit is damaged.

Seriously, Shitcunt Guy was a better troll than you.
>>
>>31717963
Heh, Shitcunt guy - you had to give him points for consistency.
>>
>>31717932
yep thanks. I was planning on beginning with a rimfire to actually learn how to shoot + ammunition is rather cheap. I plan to target shoot primarily, but i'd get into that sort of stuff down the track as I get more confident and as opportunities come up.

would those rifles be alright for target shooting at least in the beginning? desu I can't see the harm in owning a .22/.17hmr given how cheap the ammo is.
>>
>>31717932
Hey, you tried the .17wsm by any chance?
>>
once you get your gun license and get a gun, what other shit do you have to do? do you have to like renew your license yearly or anything and always say where the gun is?

kinda just wanna get a gun, learn how to use it and then keep it safe in case shit ever goes down (if you know what i mean)
>>
>>31717919
it never had anything to do with them before, I don't see why it should now

they want no guns for anyone for any reason, and will just pick an argument that suits the day
today it's "new and dangerout guns"
tommorow it might be "blow an isolated incident out of proportion"
the day after it might be "we arn't anti gun, we just want to raise taxes"

different face, same group of people
>>
>>31717971
>do you have to like renew your license yearly
Yes
>always say where the gun is?
If it's being stored, yes

It all varies state to state though.
>>
This is what you retards get for letting women vote.
>the body of an adult with the mind of a child
>>
>>31717955
Y'know Leaf, I had a part in getting CanadianGunNutz to gets off their collective arse, stop dithering and block a semi auto ban the night before it was to be announced?

Allan Rock had called a press conference to make the announcement, came on stage, said nothing of substance, dithered and left.

No need to thank me.
>>
>>31717968
Haven't use a modern Lithgow but the CZ's are pretty accurate, from what I've found ammunition type is the biggest factor for accuracy in a .22. Just feed your gun different stuff till you find what it likes, thankfully mine likes CCI Minimags.
>>
>>31717966
God yes. He was so annoying with his claim to own a Glock that I posted mine with serial number showing and my Dealers License (name blacked out) challenging him to provide proof. Closest I have come to outing myself on here.
Of course, he didn't deliver.
>>
>>31717998
He was good at that though, the only time I've ever timestamped my firearms was for him, I do not look back on that with pride, heh.
>>
>>31717952
well it's a spectrum man, recognise that not even everone in the pro-gun camp would like total de-regulation, that's a fundamental of the politics

ask for too much and you make us all look like idiots, we can't have people thinking we'l take a mile if they give us an inch
>>
>>31717968
The CZ in .22lr is used at SSAA ranges as a club gun. Basically unbreakable and usually accurate to minute of angle. Mine is fine, its just that .17HMR is an exceedingly accurate round and in my gun all ammo shoots to the same point of aim so I don't have to worry about keeping lots separated.
So far I've heard nothing but good about the LA101, it can be had cerakoted (surface rust from condensation has been a problem on my CZs) and its Aussie made.

>>31717970
Nope. Limited availability of guns and ammo. I think its an orphan round that will die in the next couple of years. Pity as it does offer a lot on paper.
Also you should be able to reload a .204 or .223 for the cost of .17WSM. As long as you can justify a Cat B, stick with the common rounds.
>>
>>31717971
5 year license in most states, has to be renewed or you sell your guns.
You must have a safe (gun cabinet, really) installed. Most States will require police inspection at some point.
If you have permission in writing from a land owner, then thats your reason to own. If a member of a hunting club then attendance at club events is mandated in most states. Two range shoots or organized hunts a year in NSW, 4 range shoots for target shooting, 6 club competitions for pistol target shooting.
>>
>>31718007
M&P guy from WA?
>>
>>31718012
Big issue I have is that it makes my life an unnecessarily bureaucratic nightmare of endless paperwork.
That and its not 'federal', we've got different states making their own shit up and seemingly in an arbitrary manner instead of being a considered regulation.

>>31718034
>.17HMR
How is it in a crosswind?
I had a .17Rem years ago which you could almost curveball in a decent wind
>>
File: Ausfamily.jpg (981KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
Ausfamily.jpg
981KB, 1632x1224px
>>31718034
>Also you should be able to reload a .204 or .223 for the cost of .17WSM.
I'm a different anon to new gun anon but I will say in W.A you can't reload anything for decent money, 60c a shot for the WSM was really tempting seeing as it sat between the HMR and a .17 Hornet which really hits a sweet spot for me in terms of a good, not too loud gun which can do for rabbits and also for foxes at decent range.
Just the powder costs here are getting nasty ~$65 for 500gm because of the dramas with shipping through SA we've had. .223 pills can be had for decent money, specially the "Roo load" soft points but .204 seems to be comparatively expensive so far, great round though.

>>31718059
Nah, I'm W.A but it was just a random shot of inside my safe.
>>
>>31718070
Awful. I normally hunt dawn/dusk or at night, so less of a problem as the day breezes have died down and in big winds the critters don't come out anyway.

>>31718078
A,B,C & night vision. Primary producer? How do you find the Pulsar?
>>
>>31718034
>>31717989
awesome, thanks.

i've looked at both the lithgows and the CZ and can see some .22 CZ ZKM452's from about $750 new which is a pretty reasonable price for a first gun so i'll look more into it but will probably go with one of them (if the licensing all goes well)
>>
>>31717902
Anon, you and people like you are the cancer of Australia.

Yes guns are dangerous. They literally are designed to kill. Nobody here is dismissing that.

Yes you can easily kill yourself with a gun. NDs are possible and if you're a fuckwit you can easily ND into your own skull.

Yes if you floor it in a ute on a rough paddock you may end up muzzle sweeping someone or potentially NDing into someone.

That doesn't mean shit though. Take cars for example. If someone gets into a car without putting their seatbelt on and ends up wrapping themselves around a telephone pole we don't blame the car, we blame the individual who acted like a fuckwit.

Same with drunk drivers. If someone gets drunk and drives into an orphanage, the blame is on them. Hell even if they didn't plan to drive while sober if they end up getting into a car while drunk we still put the blame on them.

You are advocating for a very wide range of law abiding citizens getting fucked over because of the actions of a minority. You're no different from people saying cars with a V8 engine should be banned because people who shouldn't have had a license in the first place killed themselves doing something stupid.

Take your city dwelling logic, pack it up with some australian government approved green tick export approved halal certified bubble wrap, and fuck off.
>>
>>31718078
WAs problem is that a bunch of Poms left a cold wet country where only the landed gentry could own guns and moved to a hot dry country and decided to implement the same laws.
>>
>tfw not long until I get off my provisionals
Who /handgat/ here
>>
>>31718148
Joining in a month's time, have no idea what to get once the initial 6 months are up.
>>
>>31718148
*waves* Had a Green and Gold jersey once.
>>
>>31718152
I haven't decided yet either.

I was thinking I'd go for a Shadow 2, but I'm moving to a new club in a few weeks and I think they mostly do revolver stuff.
>>
>home defence and the castle doctrine is literally only an American thing
>People in other countries literally can't defend themselves or their homes AND libs (as well as conservitards) in those countries find the idea of using deadly force to protect yourself or property to be absolutely revolting

Jesus, I can't imagine living anywhere besides America
>>
bigger picture I think part of the issue is that the general public has a very warped view of guns

they don't see the normal, mundane day to day use
they might hear about shooting as a sport once a year when the Olympics are on
but they see a shooting or an accident every time it happens

another big issue is the city vs. country problem
people from the city wouldn't be able to explain the need for guns in the country, like they couldn't explain the need for tire chains, star picket drivers and the like
and they wouldn't be able to understand shooting for leisure until they were forced to sit in a field for seven days without leaving for any reason

and there is technical ignorance
you CAN'T strike a balance between legitimate users needs and protecting the community when you don't understand one or the other group
we see this time and time again

when will this suffering end
>>
>>31718156
>ISSF
I'm so sorry

IPSC master race
>>
>>31718167
The solution is to take people shooting.
As many people as often as you can.
>>
>>31718181
Make sure no one wears hearing protection so that anti gun talk falls on deaf ears.
>>
>>31718102
>Awful
Figured as much, still if you're a dedicated shooter that needs hides/meat intact it's probably something you could 'learn into' over time to adjust to any peculiarities. With a lot of those extra-high velocity rounds I found that if you keep it in the supersonic range it does tend to be scary accurate, once it drops out of the supersonic velocity- all kinds of crazy instability happens. Also had a .220 swift yonks ago which was hilariously accurate out to about 400m, worth a go of if you ever get the chance just for the insane 'boom' that comes out of them.

>>31718148
Yeah, doing my bit to try and keep handguns from extinction
>>
>>31717790
You are a fagot, and are worse for gun rights than Alex Jones types. You throw your own under the bus to appease people that still hate you if just a little less than people who respect self-defense as a right.

Stop trying to appease the enemy, they will never like you or be your friends.
>>
>>31718168
Was IPSC. :)

>>31718181
Ran a couple of open days with 1700 attendees. Does that count?

>>31718192
*snicker*
>>
>>31718102
The Remington isn't mine, it belongs to the guy who owns the property I mostly shoot on, so yeah primary production. The Pulsar was from a SHOT expo for shits and giggles.
>>
>>31718213
Same happened with .223 and .308 on fullbore ranges. Going transonic seems to destabilize rounds.
As for the Swift, nah, I may get a .22-250 for longer shots. Otherwise its step up to the .22 earsplittenloudenboomer. :P
>>
>>31718222
I have the Photon, its cheap brother. OK for bunnies but the lens is crap. I've bodged an SLR lens as a replacement, need to go bush and see if ti can hold zero.
>>
File: 96a.jpg (25KB, 640x391px) Image search: [Google]
96a.jpg
25KB, 640x391px
>>31718250
>Pic for posterity

>>31718265
Yeah, it's far from perfect and not really suited to centrefires but damned if it's not fun for bunnies with subs
>>
>>31718273
Daniel Pinto makes a decent lens doubler if you want longer ranges:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37lR2Kulprc
http://www.ebay.com/usr/dhpinto?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
>>
>>31718250
.22-250 was a funny thing, at some points I loved it because it would stretch out to kill smaller pigs, roo's easily and its remarkably accurate even with a mid-priced gun.
Then it costs a fair bit per shot, reloading is a fucking annoying pain in the arse, it will eventually eat its own barrel... and I think to myself. Fuck it, just get the .223 and walk a bit closer :)
>>
>>31718192
heh

>>31718181
while it's a good idea, everyone votes
easier to change someones mind through the media than to get someone to actually pick upa gun and have a go
if it wasn't the case, we wouldn't be in this problem

we would be far better shutting the mouths of the self apointed experts who pretend to represent us
then drawing a clear line between what gun ownership is, and what hollywood is
drawing shooters through holywood and video games is a self fulfilling prophecy
>>
>>31718301
Interesting, cheers
>>
>>31718322
Except that video games are the #1 way people get into shooting.

Did you ever wonder why we're getting so many new shooters when we haven't for a few decades?
It's (largely) because of vidya.

The same thing happened to boomers with cowboy movies.
>>
>>31718332
I figured a lot of it was the internet and people realising you can actually own guns in Australia because to the unwashed masses 1 in a million people in Aus are firearm owners. The amount of times I've seen looks of shock when people realise they work with not one but multiple LAFO's who are normal people is hilarious.
>>
>>31718157
I've heard a lot of people talk about those shadows, don't know shit about them myself.
I just want something fun that I'll enjoy, not necessarily something competitive.
>>
>>31718332
maybe that's right

but if people took up shooting because of clint eastwood, they wanted to use a gun like clint eastwood

we are in the middle of a generation of COD players, and we need to be prepared for the double-edged nature of that

we need to make sure kids are learning from old hands, not hollywood
>>
>>31718363
They haven't come out yet.
I think they're due in a month or so.
>>
>>31718367
>We need kids to be taught by tired old fudds who think ARs should be banned
Is that what you meant by that statement? Because it's how it sounded.
>>
>>31718374
I'd hazard a guess he meant people who are practical with guns as tools
>Not sweeping everything in sight posing for your selfie etc
>>
>>31718387
Honestly though, I see boomers being unsafe with guns far more often than 20-somethings.

I'd say gun safety is even more ingrained in the young shooting culture than the old one.

I agree that everyone should be taught proper safety, but "old hands" are not the way to do it.
>>
>>31718393
Shit, I've seen youngs ejected from ranges local to me for not obeying range protocol. On farms it's a different story but I've yet to see a farmer ND or ever felt in danger around an old dude hunting.
>>
>>31718407
Last time I shot rifles there was an old couple having a domestic and trying to wrestle a loaded rifle from each other while sweeping the entire range.
>>
>>31718363
Shadow is an awesome gun. Great single action trigger, good sights, grip seem to suit most peoples hand, tight enough to be accurate, loose enough to be reliable. My BIL has one, doesn't feel the need for another pistol.
I enjoy my Glock and S&Ws, I've shot over 9000... well 106 different handguns. If I was restricted to one it would be a CZ 75 Shadow and a Kadet .22 slide.

>>31718367
This is true and explains the large number of 7615Ps sold in OZ, tricked out then left as safe queens.
>>
>>31718374
As a token cranky old cunt who teaches pistol safety so young knobheads can get their licences, we have something to offer and that is a lot of experience.
When I instruct people- I want them to be safe, have fun and enjoy what they're doing.

Younger people are easier to teach overall anyway, most of them are sponges for good information as long as its presented well. I don't rant on about politics, bullshit, personal opinions or anything else not relevant.
>>
>>31718411
Horee Sheeet! Call the cops?
>>
>>31718411
Lol, to be perfectly honest - I've yet to see a chick at a rifle range in W.A, straight up sausage party. Maybe that's changed in the last few years though.
>>
>>31718420
I try to be amusing, but generally I just express my delight at the fun of shooting. Its contagious one on one and they seem to take to safety well. Never had to kick someone I trained out for unsafe gun handling. There are a couple I would like to boot for being obnoxious bores but there are no club rules against that.
>>
>>31718374
see>>31718387

while it's probably in the greater good people be engaged by anything (even bad examples), we have to make sure they trust reliable sources of information

the ownside of our media is that reliable sources are just a click away from retards
even if you somehow manage to maintain credability (hitchkock45) you're still sharing the media space of idiots

we really need to have a youtube for guns where only vetted videos are posted
>>
>>31715675
Your government bans guns, ours bans ammo basically.

Can't get ammo unless you're a hunter (and for the guns you get as a hunter, and those have dumb restrictions on them), sport shooter (and only sporting rifles fit here, and I'm sure only .22LRs get certified as such, great) or self-defense (can only get if you're under witness protection or hold a state position... yes, politicians have more rights than the common folk). Even then they're restricted - at most 1000 cartridges per gun for the least restrictive (sporting), 300 for hunting, 50 for self-defense.

Collectors can get any gun, but you can't get any ammo for your guns. Not. Any. If you go shooting, you have to buy it from the range - range doesn't have that ammo? Too bad eh. Some bandit found out you have a gun in your house and comes in? No ammo to shoot him, and even if you did, unless he himself has a gun you're not even legally allowed to shoot him - penal code went full retard again and now you'd have to take a knife yourself and... stab him to death I guess?

Yeah, no, Romania is worse. Our political elite is stuck in their commie mentality that everything must be restricted as hard as they can be. They even fucking ban any handgun designed after 1945. Why? NO FUCKING CLUE.

I fucking hate this. We're a fucking dead nation in every way. Even the population blindly follows whomever promises they won't have to bother their asses at all for anything.

Democracy here is a failure. Communism has destroyed us. I am simply going insane. The mainstream parties are all traitorous and corrupt. The only relevant non-mainstream parties are foreign-funded and corrupt, or simply incompetent, or both.
>>
>>31718424
My first pistol club had two woman playing the Sarah Connor role. muscle shirts, 1911s and mirror shades. One found her Kyle Reese and was married with a kid on the way the next year.
The other was my ex, she found playing Jane Bond too much fun and didn't want to settle. Ended up on Howard's security detail. Bloody traitor.
Other than that, women only seem to join to be an extra vote for their husband on stacked committees.
Face it. Killing things is genetically a mans role. Most women are not interested in the tools or training for that. If they are red pilled they don't mind their man being involved, as long as he still does his chores and brings home a paycheck.
>>
>>31718446
> hold a state position... yes, politicians have more rights than the common folk)
Interesting you say that, firearms are illegal for self defense here but it's ok for politicians to have armed guards.
>Small world
>>
File: cz_shadow2_anfas_02.png (217KB, 609x410px) Image search: [Google]
cz_shadow2_anfas_02.png
217KB, 609x410px
>>31718414
Been googling the Shadow, looks like a nice gun. A mate of mine back in highschool had a CZ75 I think and he loved that, used to shoot comps with it all the time.
Are they just in 9mm? I'd kind of like to get a .22lr handgun to begin with just for the sheer quantity of ammo I can use for my dollar.

And it's sad to see all the tac'd up 7615s sitting in safes around the place. I abuse the living shit out of mine, am still surprised as to how well it's held up.
>>
>>31718440
I get all of my gun safety information from cokeman2423
>>
>>31718446
Run for the Chunnel before it gets closed. Get residency, then move to Canada.
>>
>>31718483
Would be nice to move to Canada but I'm planning on retiring in NZ myself so I can live out my retirement Hickock style
>>
>>31718474
The Kadet unit is a .22 conversion with good accuracy.
Because we are restricted to .22 or centerfire in the first year, but not both, the Shadow is a good option. In NSW at least the conversion unit is considered a spare barrel for the centerfire so you can buy both in your first year.

>>31718481
Airsoft for you!
>>
>>31718473
It only shows a decadent democracy spiralling into totalitarian oligarchy.

Hey, at least we aren't in the literal totalitarian oligarchy we were in, thanks to the only group with real enforcement power (army) switching sides... after thousands of defenseless civilians, incapable of fighting back, got slaughtered by the army under party orders. Had army commanders not turned themselves, it'd have continued until the spirit of the people was broken.

But hey, we're quickly going back to the good old days. At this rate I'm not even sure whether it'll be the EU or the romanian government making the first step towards confiscating what is already owned.

>>31718483
I'm extremely wary of North American politics, especially Canadian, and honestly I also feel a moral duty to my country. Maybe I'm overly idealistic...

Still, Montana or one of them Dakotas sounds nice. If SHTF over here it's where I'd go.
>>
>>31718488
Peter Jackson is a big gun nut. He annoy the plebeian collectors at the NZ gun auctions when his proxy buys up all the good stuff.

I'd retire to NZ but its too bloody cold. Nice toys though!
>>
>>31718501
I understand. Canada has Prime Minister Selfie Stick and America looks like electing the Wicked witch of the West.
>>
Just gonna post here and gloat that I just bought 3 AR lowers and a DDI 47 with 7 30 rd mags and a 40 rd mag in a private sale, no paperwork, and it was completely legal.
The USA is calling aussies, come home white man.
>>
>>31718521
Yeah make it not impossible to move there for white people.
>>
>>31718434
Yep, long as people are 'engaging their brains' and you have their interest, its pretty easy to sneak in the safety stuff as well. Everyone has fun, shoots off some rounds, catches the bug and passes it onto their friends then my mission is complete :)

>>31718521
Nah... getting residency in the US is way too fucking hard
>>
>>31718521
Aussies are tanned men, not white. We don't have basements, don't drink Mountain Dew or eat Taco Bell, so we can fit through the door to go outside in the sun. :P

Congrats on your new toys. Remember to vote for Trump. Forgetting all his other crap, he's given a decent short list of SCOTUS judges and thats where your RKBA will fall if Hillary is elected.
>>
>>31718554
Men dont bend over and get the nanny state to take care of them.
>>
>>31718572
Boot camp prostate check?
>>
>>31717787
One Nation 2016 is NOT pro gun unlike 1996, they have stated they dont want to repeal the laws
20 years of staff turnover
>>
>>31719656
see >>31717849
As I said in that post, at the very worst they're neutral to gun owners which is significantly better than most political parties.
>>
>>31717891

It also doesnt help that it's being pushed for a full ban by someone who was a victim of the Port Arthur Massacre.

Something tells me they may be somewhat biased.
>>
>>31716133
Go out innadesert with a metal detector anon. You will find a raifu worth keeping. Just hide it well.
>>
>>31718501
Come to North Dakota, shit's fun if you ignore all the pipeline business going on
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.