[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have 2 questions /k/. I'm buying a yugo SKS from Classic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Yugo_7.62x39_M67.jpg (390KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Yugo_7.62x39_M67.jpg
390KB, 1600x1200px
I have 2 questions /k/. I'm buying a yugo SKS from Classic Firearms for $430 (not including shipping). Is CF a good seller to buy from? I've heard they can be pretty shady about the condition of their guns, and I don't want to get fucked. Is $430 a good price?
Also, what is the best place to buy 7.62x39? Looking for non-corrosive because of
>no chrome lol (btw is the lack of chrome as big a deal as people make it out to be?)
>>
430 for a fucking SKS? Holy shit
>>
https://www.classicfirearms.com/yugo-sks-semi-auto-excellent
the SKS in question
>>
>>31712329
Ive never heard of anyone have a problem with them.

>no chrome
no it isnt an issue as long as you clean your gun after shooting. Chrome lining isn't necessary unless you are actually operating. It just meant to slow barrel corrosion from moisture and corrosive ammo.
>>
File: 5C_-_SKS.jpg (859KB, 950x4000px) Image search: [Google]
5C_-_SKS.jpg
859KB, 950x4000px
>>31712329
The only downsides are that it's fairly expensive (for an SKS especially a yugo SKS)

Here's the guide from the wiki for some reference
>>
>>31712638
It does seem to be in great condition however, and it comes with some pouches, the sling, oiler/cleaning kit, and a notebook of a sort. I guess the price makes sense, but even then it seems a little steep.
>>31712590
Having never touched an SKS before, they're easy to clean, right? Or at least that's the general impression I'm gathering.
>>
450 for a SKS is retard... I paid 300 for my old Surplus chink SKS that had a bubba mag and a broke spike bayonet. It was the first rifle I had ever bought and it was pretty decent. However if you're going to be buying a SKS

Make sure you get MILSURP stripper clips designed for SKS or else you'll be fucked and have to modify them. Also MAKE GODDAMN SURE That when you strip it down you take out the bolt itself and put it next to your ear and shake it.

If it doesn't rattle a bit you need to break down the bolt and clean it. Because if it's stuck and doesn't move you got a slam fire on your hands.
>>
If the needle in the bolt doesn't move* It means the firing pin can lock outwards and make your gun slam fire every time the bolt goes forward and chambers a new round.
>>
>>31712715
Any better places with cheaper SKSs? My LGS sells imported Chink ones for fucking $600 and I'm not going near that shit, and all the stuff I see on gunbroker/armslist is bubba'd to hell and back. Thanks for the tip btw
>>
>>31712753
I'd just check around the gun and pawns. They'll usually have one in there with a bubba mag you can jew them down for. Just remember Original SKS mags are 30-50 bucks on ebay and bubbas can be a pain to swap out.

And if they're asking 600 for chink AKs now I'd just get a Zastava Import. (which is what I sold my SKS to buy. Love my NPAP DF).
>>
Chink SKS*
>>
>>31712815
And there's the rub...
I live in Cook County of the P.R.I, so gun stores are far and few, and I know of absolutely no pawnshops around me.
>>
File: 1455168852611.png (322KB, 540x301px) Image search: [Google]
1455168852611.png
322KB, 540x301px
OP, its getting harder and harder to find an SKS in dece condish for under 400. Personally I'd wait and check around pawn shops and lgs regularly for something a bit better. But if you don't mind biting 30 bucks plus FFL and bg check fees then go for it.

Yugos are fine, keep it clean and there's nothing to worry about, a bit heavy but thats it. Buy 1000 rounds of golden tiger from SGammo.

>>31712638
That pic is outdated as fuck
>>
the ones on CF right now are expensive because they are in excellent condition.

get on that shit because you WILL NOT find any SKSs in this condition maybe ever.

go for it if you want an SKS and you will have one of the nicest examples out there.
>>
>It's a 'I got my SKS for a hundo 20 years ago, and I don't know how supply and demand works' episode.
>>
>>31712952
Thanks unknown tripfag
I just sent in my FOID 4 days ago (been shooting with friends before that)
How long does it normally take to actually get the FOID in my hand? I've heard it can take up to 60 days if the state if feeling lazy or just wants to fuck you over..
>>
>>31712702
they are pretty easy to clean, but then again i say that about every gun.
>>
>>31712329
I want to fuck that brass
>>
>>31713058
it varies by County/State.

if i remember correctly i got mine in about two months. you know you don't need a CC to buy a long gun right? unless you live in a communist state.
>>
>>31713252
>unless you live in a communist state
Illinois, feels bad man
Right now I don't have a CCL or my FOID, so I can't legally own guns. I hope to get it before the elections.
>>
>>31712329
It's called PAP or papovka
>>
>>31713313
no
>>
a little off topic, but I'm looking over this PDF
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/feeds/state_reg/illinois_restrictions.pdf
and it says for Cook County
>Semiautomatic rifles are prohibited.
Am I fucked if I want to buy an SKS of any sort? Or is it legal as long as its unmodded?
>>
I've bought SKS and 91/30 sniper from them.

They're a good seller.

You'll be decently happy with what you got.

SKS has gone up in price and are being grabbed up. If you really want one, now is the time to do it in the US. If you are stingy on the price, I bought one of the $300 Chinese ones just to have a Grade B that I could disregard aesthetics and cleanliness.

Enjoy
>>
>>31712886
>LGS
OP lives in Chicago. No such animal.
>>
>>31713334
Yes it is. PAP is short for poluautomatska puška(semi-auto rifle). People call it papovka. M-70 is called ciganka.
>>
>>31713414
pls reply
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.