[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of a single action only semiautomatic handgun?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: download (5).jpg (7KB, 284x178px) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
7KB, 284x178px
What's the point of a single action only semiautomatic handgun?

What are the pros and cons vs a DA/SA pistol?
>>
>>31710434
SAO pistols have better triggers

DA/SA can be carried safely without a safety, but have slightly inconsistent trigger pulls vs SAO or DAO.
>>
>>31710434

The trigger mechanism in an SAO pistol is much simpler.
That results in a better feeling and lighter trigger, all other things being equal.
Also, there doesn't need to be space for the double action parts, so this means a lower bore axis, if you care about that sort of thing.

While it's true that it also means fewer moving parts, I don't personally think that makes it inherently more reliable, since none of those moving parts are stress parts.
>>
>>31710449
>>31710471

Whats a good sao pistol with a decocker? Is that a thing that exists?
>>
>>31710557
uhhh
I don't think so, but why would you want that?
>>
>>31710557

I can't think of any.
You generally shouldn't decock a single action pistol.

If for some reason you just absolutely have to, the safest way I've found is, using your off hand,
grab the hammer with your thumb and index finger, keeping those fingers close to the back of the frame so that as the hammer lowers, it sort of pinches your fingers against the frame.
(this won't actually hurt or anything unless your hammer has sharp edges to it)
This gives you very positive control of the hammer, and reduces the likelihood of the pistol firing if your fingers somehow slip.

But once again, I don't recommend decocking a single action pistol.
If you want to make it 100% inert, just unload it.
>>
>>31710434
So troops used to revolvers know that when the hammer is back it can fired. So basically familiarity. The 1911 is SAO because that's what the government wanted. Browning had designed striker fired pistols before and originally designed what would become the Hipower as striker fired.

It has the side benefit of being lighter with a shorter trigger pull and reset since there's less work for the trigger to do than on a DA and in some designs (notably the 1911) it can provide a better trigger over all than almost any striker fired design.
>>
>>31710628
Homosex, the original design of the Hi power was striker fired, the finished version and the one we know today is hammer fired, SAO.
>>
>>31710624
this, but in more popular sao designs like the browning hi-power and 1911 simply unloading the gun and dry firing is way easier
>>
>>31710557

Only one I've ever heard of is the CZ 52, but the decocker is known to act as a second trigger.
>>
>>31710581

So I can put a round in the tube and carry full mag+1 with the hammer decocked so I can just pull the hammer back
>>
>>31711350
Why not cocked and lock, if you want chambered and safe to carry?
>>
>>31711350
Or you could leave the hammer back with the safety on like a normal human being?
>>
>>31711089

True, but only if you push lightly.
If you push hard, you 'catch" the hammer ande lower it slowly.

Literally, my first "cheap com-bloc" pistol was a CZ-52, and I've worn out one, and owned three.

They are an absurdly solid piece if you know what you are buying. .
>>
>>31711350
why don't you trust safeties? and even if it breaks somehow the trigger won't be pulled unless you pull it.
>>
>>31711350
not to mention, pulling the hammer back as you draw is awkward and fucks up your grip, taking longer to get on target at best. At worst your a fumbling mess while jamal takes your gun. Just flipping off a safety with the side of your thumb is infinitely faster and ergonomically easier.
>>
>>31710434
>DA: Hope you don't somehow depress the trigger

>SA: No worries mate, just make sure the fuking safety is on.

Most guys I see at my local FFL carry 1911's. See this vid for more info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am-Qdx6vky0
>>
>>31710693
Which is exactly what was said you illiterate.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1437109796473-1-1024x1357.jpg (231KB, 1024x1357px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1437109796473-1-1024x1357.jpg
231KB, 1024x1357px
>>31710434
Point is, you can't do this with a DA trigger. Keep in mind this is my USPSA Limited division blaster; don't carry anything with less than a 3.5# pull.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.