[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good backpack for all my survival needs? And I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: big ass japanese backpack.jpg (32KB, 402x402px) Image search: [Google]
big ass japanese backpack.jpg
32KB, 402x402px
What's a good backpack for all my survival needs?

And I'm talking about big ass backpacks. Not these daypacks for a single day innawoods. I wanna survive for weeks to come. Or atleast stuff a month worth of clothing into it.
>>
Now that I made this thread I realised this belongs more to /out/ than /k/.

I'm sorry.
>>
Alice pack. anything larger and youre carrying too much
>>
>>31710208
USGI alice pack.
>>
>>31710208
Arcteryx, kifaru, mystery ranch, or hill people gear
>>
>>31710208
>I want to survive for weeks innawoods.

Let me ask you a question: What is your prior innawoods experience? Because if it's essentially none, going from "0" to "weeks self sustaining" is a huge fucking jump.
>>
>>31710208
I have an ILBE I got for next to nothing, it's great.
>>
>I wanna go inna woods
>I need 20 fresh underpants for doing so
>>
>>31710208
>survival needs
>I wanna survive for weeks to come. Or atleast stuff a month worth of clothing into it.

Sure you do, fatfuck
>>
Berghaus Atlas Cyclops II
Great 100L+ backpack. Used by multiple armies worldwide, the german KSK uses it.
Can be had as surplus for 160$
All these /k/ringey idiots telling you that you don't need a big backpack should fuck off

Greetings from /out/
>>
>100L pack

holy fuck thats one tiny tiny manlet for real dudes like 5'2 tops
>>
File: slut-group.jpg (252KB, 2000x1238px) Image search: [Google]
slut-group.jpg
252KB, 2000x1238px
>not operating operationally with one of these bad boys.
This is all you need if you're a real /k/ommando
>>
>>31710208
>>
>>31710208
>Or atleast stuff a month worth of clothing into it.

uh i don't think you get how survival works. you would bring 1 item per layer with the exception of base shirt, underwear, and socks you can bring a spare to alternate with.
>>
You need to design a fully layered outfit and have a spare of that. Three sets of socks, one day one night/next morning. Same for compression shorts.
>>
>>31710208
Look no further than the Flextrek Whipsnake.
>>
>>31712409
I humped an ILBE in the grunts for years. I'm not saying they are bad bags, but I'm sure there's better for the money.

The plastic clips tend to break on you. I hopped over a tiny Creek and the clip attaching to one of my shoulders broke. Which of course swung the weight of my pack and made me fall. Also the zippers on the top pouch are notorious for going bad. Nothing that can't be fixed or made operational with 550 cord, but considering its not that cheap I'm sure there's better to be had.

Remember military contractors are lowest bidders.
>>
>>31711075
Well he is chinese
>>
>>31712491
Underrated
>>
Look at Osprey backpacks. They have a lifetime warranty and are super well build. Idk about colors though.
>>
I think a better question is how much can you carry and over what distance?

I do backcountry hiking and camp innawoods on a monthly basis around Missouri. There's lots of elevation change and the trails are rugged. You will get tired. You will get wet. It will take on some sections of the Ozark Trail one hour to cover just one mile.

You want a month of clothing and not water filtration/storage and extra food?

I think you need to visit REI, find out what back is best for your needs, get fitted for a backpack and go from there. It really isn't recommended to carry more than 20-40% of your body weight. I personally do not carry more than 25-40 lbs depending on how long I am outside.

Good luck and enjoy. Actually do go innawoods and test all the gear you buy.
>>
64 pattern ruck sack. I think alice is what the us calls it
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.