[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, me a friend were talking about this the other day. How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

So, me a friend were talking about this the other day.

How would a surprise invasion and occupation of the U.S. mainland by a combined force of Russia and China work?

I was thinking, for logistics reasons, It'd be done via the west coast in order to reduce risks of attacks from European nations.

My friend was thinking it could be done via going over the north pole in order to get to the east coast.

We were both going off of Russia performing the bulk of the initial invasion with China acting as support. This includes holding areas after the Russians have secured it as well as securing supply routes.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>31707887
It wouldn't, we would easily see them coming and neither of them are capable projecting a sizable invasion force.
>>
>>31707921
For the sake of the argument let's say it does happen.
>>
Spend a year shipping Chinese soldiers and gear in shipping containers to Mexico, where they live in storage facilities until invasion day. Of course this would be near impossible to pull off, because you'd have to ship and store a fuck ton of people and gear, then have them law dormant with no leaks, until invasion day. Couple invasion day with all out naval and air attacks by Russian and Chinese forces. The few weeks leading to invasion day would need to be full of Russian special forces going on terror sprees across the nation to fuck up infrastructure and pull attention away from the border, where the Chinese hordes will flow across. And obviously, cyber attacks must accompany everything.

I think all of this is pretty much impossible, so don't count on an invasion, ever
>>
>>31707887
ok i will try to be serious for a second so you can not post this retardation again

>surprise invasion

not going to happen

>force of Russia and China

i would say this cooperation in major conflict of those is incredibly unlikely

>I was thinking, for logistics reasons, It'd be done via the west coast in order to reduce risks of attacks from European nations.

its not going to happen, why ?

you need to project enough force to defeat biggest navy and air force in the world thousands kilometers from your home

>My friend was thinking it could be done via going over the north pole in order to get to the east coast.

wut

>We were both going off of Russia performing the bulk of the initial invasion

are they going to swim ?
>>
File: 1451591227547.jpg (7KB, 306x243px)
1451591227547.jpg
7KB, 306x243px
>>31707887
It would work better than ever considering how commiefornia is taking guns away from its people.
>>
>>31707942
But how? With hypothetical hardware they don't have?
>>
>>31707942
If we're going for the sake of army were going to have to assume a military budget, size, and strength so out of what they could realistically achieve you might as well not even bother thinking of them as Russia or China.
>>
It wouldn't happen.

>but what if it did

We'd win. They have no route to victory.
>>
>>31707947
Shipping containers on the west coast.
>>
>>31707887
>>31707921
If it is a suprise attack, we get steamrolled because the government let it happen """by suprise"""
>>
>>31708193
This

This is literally the closest thing to a solid idea.

Mostly because The US is already tied up with a cold war gone hot in that game.
>>
>>31707887
bad really bad, the United states can call on massive force, huge, don't forget people who do three dive signed for 8 year contract and serve 5 in the IRR, also their is then the national guard, army reserve, the various heavily armed police forces, then the wolverine types
>>
>>31708193
There was actually a game some years ago on PC that used this as the premise for a main land invasion by the Russians. They used container ships on both coasts(I believe it was both coasts. Don't quite remember) and once the green light came, they busted out with all sorts of infantry, mobile artillery, and mobile SAMS. Always thought it was kinda impressive. They then immediately secured the harbors and locked down the immediate sky while reinforcements came in.
>>
>>31708738
When was the last time we did any true force on force(proper military vs proper military. I.E. U.S. vs Nazi Germany) training or faced a proper military?
>>
>>31709019
With regards to training, I'm the NTC ran force on force exercises until 9/11, and I'm pretty sure they're starting to shift back to conventional warfare now, though I don't really know the specifics. As for actually fighting a peer force it depends on what you'd define as one. Iraq had a large conventional army that got BTFO but they were also well, Iraq.
>>
>>31709181
There are KINDA moving back to it, yes. I was there a couple years ago to support a armoured brigade that was suppose to be doing force on force. They got utterly destroyed. The powers that be gave the brigade a giant "F". There was talks about remedial action against the command team for the embarrassment they brought to the division and brigades name sake. It was not good. They ended up moving HQ twice I think because they kept letting the enemy get within arty range and destroy their HQ.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.