[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>put 300 rounds through Glock 17 >3 inch grouping all day

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: 1284145204644.png (191KB, 368x393px) Image search: [Google]
1284145204644.png
191KB, 368x393px
>put 300 rounds through Glock 17
>3 inch grouping all day and no misfires
>stripping her down
>cleaning off the filthy slav ammo I plink with
>running q-tip through the slide rails and adding that thin layer of lubricant to keep my lady running smooth but clean

There is nothing more godamn satisfying as keeping your funs well maintained. Does anyone feel like half the fun is the end of day break down and cleaning? Any monkey can pull a trigger. It takes someone with an appreciation and interest to keep the weapon in good working order over the years.
>>
>>31702932
Anyone who doesn't keep their guns in good working order shouldn't be owning guns
>>
File: 1449329917561.jpg (60KB, 516x493px) Image search: [Google]
1449329917561.jpg
60KB, 516x493px
>shoot ~250 rounds through my Shield
>no malfunctions because I detail strip it everytime I shoot it
>detail stripping it is so easy and satisfying
>mfw driving those two roll pins in and out with a punch and a mallet
>cleaning all the little roll pins, springs, the sear and lubing them afterwards

I really want to move away from striker guns for DA/SA but how satisfying and easy dissassembling the M&P series barring the plunger is so fucking satisfying. I might get an M&P9 Compact instead.
>>
>>31702932
Cleaning guns after shooting them is half the hobby of owning them. Hence the only rule of thumb is if you own more guns then you can shoot or clean within a single day then you have to many or you should trade some for simpler ones that are a breeze to clean thoroughly. Unless of course you have a hardcore 300k + collection. But that's just an investment.
>>
File: 1454032392315.gif (823KB, 260x173px) Image search: [Google]
1454032392315.gif
823KB, 260x173px
>Last week took my M1A to the range after not shooting for a year.
>Spent the whole afternoon/evening before hand loading 200 rounds.
>Shoots just as beautifully as I remember.
>Take the CZ out for some fun too.
>Go home after and watch Das Boot while cleaning my funs and loading another batch of M1A food.

That was a good day.
>>
>>31702932
>>31703199

>funs

Kill yourselves
>>
>>31702932
[spoiler]I enjoy cleaning my guns more than I do shooting them.[/spoiler]
>>
>shoot my grendel p12
>get back from range
>put it back without cleaning it
>don't clean it ever because it takes three hands to reassemble
>>
>>31705140
>A-a-am I fitting in yet guys?
No one on /k/ cares about saying funs, go back to /reddit/ faggot.
>>
>>31702932
>put 1000+ rounds through SIG P226
>never care to clean it
>spend time shooting instead of cleaning

Priceless.
>>
>>31703049
You could just not detail strip your gun every time, which you shouldn't do anyway
>>
>>31702932

>tfw shooting guns feels boring
>tfw cleaning them is a chore and annoys me

Why can't I have autism like the rest of /k/?
>>
File: 1470898464082.gif (445KB, 205x199px) Image search: [Google]
1470898464082.gif
445KB, 205x199px
>have a German P226
>~26 years old
>tfw taking it apart and removing all the caked on carbon off it
>firing pin roll pin breaks
>mfw cleaning all that gunk completely out of the slide, breech block and extractor then seeing the perfectly clean surfaces
>mfw greasing every contact point inside the gun with monkey cum
>>
File: IMAG0766.jpg (798KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0766.jpg
798KB, 1836x3264px
Here's one fun little experience of mine.
>For my 19th birthday my dad helped me out and bought me an ATI 1911 for my first handgun. Currently own a century AK and a Remington 770. My dad reloads for my .45, 200 and 230 grain hardball.
>Going out to the range before college starts up again
>Shooting my pistol is like heaven, nearing 800 rounds at the moment
>Notice a lot of other teens are out, never really liked them because of inexperience and lack of marksmanship.
>Put out half a box of clays on the 30 yd backstop and start plinking.
>feelsgoodman.jpg
>Notice guy next to me
>M1 carbine and GI 1911
>Huh? Interesting
>Walk over with my pistol in my hand
>"Nice choice man! "
>He looks back, "yeah". And kinda shrugs
>I'm confused but I go back to shooting.
>I see rounds start hitting a couple feet away from my clays all over the place
>look at the guy, has hands on the table for support and is trying to shoot his pistol
>dafuq.jpg
>I didn't really care he was shooting at my clays, they're cheap and he wasn't hitting them
>after a magazine or so he packs up and walks off, before leaving he comes over and hands me a box of 70ish rounds of .45 and mumbles something like " fucking garbage "
>silently lul at the little bitch but appreciate free ammo.
>The most interesting things happen at my range.
>>
Yes. It's like having adult legos that can kill people.
>>
Cleaning guns is literal therapy.

Just got an old 1911 from my unlce that's been sitting in a safe since god knows when. Thing looked like it had not been cleaned in 20 years.

Poured a drink, put on the gsme and cleaned that thing lovingly for like an hour.
>>
>buy pistol grip shotgun cuz tacticool as fug
>shoot it once
>can't figure out how the fuck you disassemble it
>turns out you need to take the whole stock off, and all sorts of gay shit just to clean it
>fuckit.rar
>sell it without cleaning it
>buy sks with the money
>>
>>31702932
I basically never clean my guns
>>
>>31710185
You sound like my dad.

Safe full of guns. Goes from the range to the safe. Never once cleaned. Ever.
>>
File: 1438966681332.jpg (67KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1438966681332.jpg
67KB, 500x667px
>>31709900
This is perhaps the deepest thing I have ever read on /k/. It all makes sense now.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.