[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How important is it in the modern era for soldiers/security personnel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 23

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (112KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
112KB, 1280x720px
How important is it in the modern era for soldiers/security personnel to be buff/physically-strong? I don't mean that in a trivial sense - we all know that physiology has an impact on observers, and a jacked military will be feared more on a primal level.
>>
>>31692593
Depends on what job.

Green Beret and expect to cross one side of a shithole country to another in fortnight? You're going to need to be mostly lean muscle.

Security guard who's acting as a bouncer? Doesn't hurt to be the incredible bulk.
>>
For security its ultra important, you cant mag dump when your bouncing a club.
For front soliders, being able to carry more shit is nice but runninng around and shooting stuff is more important than benching double your weight and what not.
>>
>>31692593
The tendency for modern SOF is to turn away from body building physiques and focus more on "functional fitness". That said a lot of dudes focus less on their cardio and more on getting big even though the command keeps telling them to focus on their cardio.

Realistically speaking the past ten years or so have seen soldiers focus less on long movements and more on short engagements. So more of a focus on power, however long range patrolling seems to be coming back in vogue.

Granted I've got a pretty skewed view of things.
>>
The big guys were always the first to drop out of long arduous movements. Your typical Ranger weighs about 160 lbs and can run like a gazelle and carry a land anchor forever.
>>
File: marsoc_0221_2.jpg (124KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
marsoc_0221_2.jpg
124KB, 640x640px
>>31692626
kek. whatever, smallfag
>>
>>31692666
Really spends on doctrine.

On foot insertion was bread and butter for ANZAC and UK SF during OEF for example.
>>
>>31692626
This, most rangers and shit lose a shitload of mass through ranger school, and go lean otter-mode. Muscle requires calories and oxygen, so less mass = less food and more energy on the long rucks.

For bodyguards, bouncers, security personnel, and MPs, mass is king baby.
>>
>>31693158
Dudes lose mass during Ranget school due to a literal starvation diet. You only get about 2400 calories daily while expending well over 3000. This is not normal, pleasant, or healthy.
>>
>>31693519
>This is not normal, pleasant, or healthy.
soldiering
>>
>>31693711
Ranger school goes a step beyond normal soldiering. Also when you do go without food soldiering it's generally not deliberately done, and only for a small amount of time. Ranger school does so deliberately and over the course of several weeks to stress you out and see how you preform.
>>
File: philippines[1].jpg (63KB, 750x533px) Image search: [Google]
philippines[1].jpg
63KB, 750x533px
>>31692593
Depends what you consider buff / physically strong. These days there's more buff guys because we can afford to feed them more calories and missions in today's wars aren't that long - you're not living off rations and scavenged food 24/7 days a week.

The guys that do best in special forces tend to look quite "average"; you want cardio capabilities like a marathon runner, you need a reasonable amount of muscle to not wear down while carrying a heavy load and traversing rough terrain and you tend to have a little bit of fat to survive longer on rations. The end result are guys like in this pic.
>>
>>31692593
Depends on what the soldier does, cardio is hugely important though for nearly everyone as that'll keep you rolling when nearly everything else breaks down. Strength if you're a part of an infantry unit helps as well because you're humping along with about 40kg of gear, 10-15kg of armour and whatever weapons you end up having.
But cardio will let you hump it for longer and be more aware of your situation and circumstances. Fat also helps when you burn through whatever is in your belly and end up running on empty.
>>
>>31692969
Those guys are smallfags tho
>>
>>31692593
Oh boy, THIS thread again....
>>
File: 1462003352166.jpg (322KB, 700x923px) Image search: [Google]
1462003352166.jpg
322KB, 700x923px
>>31692593
Think about it for a minute. The bigger you are the easier you are to hit.
>>
>>31692626
saw some old sas guys i swear to god they looked like the space marine without armor picture they literally looked like they were two people put in one it was ridiculous
>>
>>31692626
>>31693158
>>31693711

ITT people who have never been SF or SOF talking about what SF and SOF need.
>>
>>31692626
This. Any other answer is wrong. Having a cartoon character's physique is in no way advantageous to any operator, but if you're some secret service suit or a bouncer it's fine. If you *look* at operators, you never see them looking like comic book GI Joe, so it stands to reason that it's not something that would be advantageous. They have all of the time in the world to look like it, so if it was the right thing to do you can bet it would be the goal of their training regimen.
>>
>>31692969
Those guys are small
>>
>>31693868
This this this.

It's not even debatable, but for some reason /fit/ fags are so insecure that they gotta make themselves and others believe that big bulky muscular physiques are the epitome of fitness.

And I say this as a buff fat power lifter who does security. Now I'm 260, when I was infantry in the Muhreenes I was 160 but a hell of a lot better conditioned.

Doubt I could hike a mountain with another 80lbs on my body at the moment.

Definitely can't run more than a mile. Barely can do a pull up.
>>
>>31692593
>How important is it in the modern era for soldiers/security personnel to be buff/physically-strong?
it's counterproductive if you weigh more than 200lbs, all you'll do is wear your knees out faster + have lower stamina/mobility. mobility matters a lot, whereas being able to benchpress 100lbs more than the enemy is irrelevant.
>>
>>31696429
>/fit/ h8r is landwhale
no surprises here
>>
>>31692593
you'll need to have a healthy active and passive locomotor apparatus and lots of cardiovascular endurance. strength along the lines of being able to do 50 push ups and 25 pull ups would b beneficial. gymrat muscles like james yaeger got in recent years are useless though.
>>
A lot of special ops guys can be just a hair over 100lbs and made to carry their weight in gear. Nothing wrong with dat.

Being a meathead is just work out until someone loves you meme.
>>
>>31692593
>and a jacked military will be feared more on a primal level

Hi broscience
>>
>>31692593
Why do they even care. A bullet to the head would kill them all the same
>>
>>31698840
Although true, it doesn't matter how strong or fit you are - bullets will kill you dead.

Fitness and strength DO, however, matter when it comes to carrying gear, running around on the battlefield, or having to haul one of your fallen /k/omrades so they don't become a man-sized fleshlight for the enemy
>>
File: mike vining.jpg (67KB, 400x337px) Image search: [Google]
mike vining.jpg
67KB, 400x337px
Not very important, but i'd say a minimum strength would be required.

Can't have skeletons who can barely lift an Ipod.
>>
>>31698976
Why do many people idolize mike vining?

i heard the interview and it only says he shot a van with a rocket launcher

plus the mission he was in, was a complete failure
>>
File: Esjgfhn.jpg (701KB, 1537x1917px) Image search: [Google]
Esjgfhn.jpg
701KB, 1537x1917px
>>31699387
Post your ribbons, kid.
>>
>>31692969
Who are these?
>>
>>31699387
He's allegedly sort of a founding father for the modern US SF programs.
>>
>>31692666
Those trips famalam
>>
>>31699387
in reference to this:
>>31699414

You don't get a uniform plastered with ribbons and shit by a being below-average grunt when you're a SGM. If you want to be below average guy and get tons of decoration, be an officer with a powerful family..
>>
File: CIB.png (16KB, 150x54px) Image search: [Google]
CIB.png
16KB, 150x54px
>>31699414
>ribbons
Unless there's a V on it or is a silver star or higher, ribbons don't really mean much.

You should be asking about badges and tabs.
>>
>>31699726
Take a squiz https://army.togetherweserved.com/army/servlet/tws.webapp.WebApp?cmd=ShadowBoxProfile&type=Person&ID=102761
>>
>>31699446
He played a key part in helping start Delta Force.
>>
>>31699387
Vining has operated in numerous countries on every continent including Antarctica, and most nations. he also has damn near every medal the Army can give.
>>
>>31699742
He's done a thousand times more than I did in the Army but even I have more cool guy shit on my uniform. That should tell you appearances don't mean everything.
>>
>>31699770
>he also has damn near every medal the Army can give
You obviously were never in the Army.
>>
>>31699784
I seriously doubt you have anything cooler than his bronze star or legion of merit let alone his EOD Master tab or 1SFOD-D unit patch.
>>
All these butthurt manlets.

Bigger is better, it's just the way nature works.

Unless you're a cockroach that lives forever scurrying about in it's own feces.
>>
being physically fit is never a bad thing

and before some autist responds

physically fit =/= looking the incredible hulk
>>
File: 1474947489553.jpg (62KB, 537x758px)
1474947489553.jpg
62KB, 537x758px
>high speed, low drag
>guaranteed morale boost
>low maintenance, could easily survive on 3 bowls of rice a day
>'you see tovarish when you moe no one shoot of fear of you cry"
pic rel should be the model physique of modern soldier
>>
>>31700659

Huh yea I always see Mr. Universe excelling in athletics
>>
>>31699446
Boss?
>>
>>31699419
MARSOC bros
>>
>>31699726
keep in mind he earned a lot of this shit before 9/11 when they started handing out CIB's and CAR's like actual fucking candy.
>>
>>31700659
thats why the elephant is the king of the jungle, black people rule the world, 18 wheelers are the most sought after vehicle, and Yao Ming wins the worlds most sexiest man every year.

and i'm 6'1 master race
>>
>>31704020
>6'1 master race
You realize that's not very tall right?
>>
>>31696736
100 pushups under 2 min
100 sit ups under 2 min
20+ pull ups
Sub 9min 1.5 mile
Sub 8min/mile for 5+ miles

All after 500m swim
>>
>>31704020
King of the manlets
>>
somewhat related: why don't they give soldiers performance enhancing drugs? It seems like the anticatabolic effects of steroids or the healing of HGH would come in handy in a warzone
>>
>>31692593
>Be me
>Cop shit
>Meeting SWAT guys
>smallest guy is 5'9 250lbs at single digit body fat

Was horrifying the mere sight of them was crazy
>>
>>31692867
Not at all. Back in NC all the rangers, greenies, etc looked like WWE wrestlers
>>
>>31704838
>>Cop shit
Applied to a city dept. Any advice, copanon? Also is your SWAT a dedicated team or just for call out type stuff?
>>
>>31704852
If they take you cool if not just pay for the academy yourself and be willing to move. Make sure you kick ass on that interview and dress super professional. SWAT was dedicated and they were fucking horrifying.
>>
>>31704852
Dont be deterred lot of people get rejected their first go too. The academy is a big deal if you pay for it, it shows a lot. and if they ask if you applied anywhere else ALWAYS SAY NO. FYI lot of SWAT guys are smoking SF/SO in tourneys now. They had 75th at one here they came in like 11th place behind LEOs was lolzy af and the green berrets competed in some texas shit and got creamed by BORTAC.
>>
>>31704885
Sauce? Not doubting I'm just really interested to see.
>>
File: wrecked.png (536KB, 960x541px) Image search: [Google]
wrecked.png
536KB, 960x541px
>>31704898
This one is a year old the one from this year they didnt even place top 10. There was one in FL a couple SO competed in too. Got creamed.
>>
>>31704914
Thanks but do you have anything with more info? Like some videos or articles? Would love to read about this shit.
>>
>>31704868
>>31704885
The cities I applied to all pay you to go to the academy and then you get a bump when you finish FTO I think.
> Make sure you kick ass on that interview and dress super professional
Would a suit and tie be over the top? I was just curious about SWAT, it seems most of them are ex-mil. Best chance I'd have is a street crimes unit or something.

One city has a Chiefs review where I'm guess I meet the higher ups and speak with them regarding the job/why I want to be a LEO.
>>
File: Typical Ranger Body.jpg (501KB, 1335x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Typical Ranger Body.jpg
501KB, 1335x1200px
>>31692593

Most SOF dudes who are actually in (ie passed RASP/Ranger School/SFAS/etc) are on roids either illegally or with a testosterone prescription.

The "All SOF are lean/skinnyfat/average looking" mantra is outdated and doesn't reflect the current state of things.
>>
>>31704938
Shit I was going to say whats his gear set up/schedule like.
>>
>>31704924
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqwbNeBwghc

http://www.tacticalranch.com/update-2015-elite-tactical-challenge

http://sfachapterix.blogspot.com/2014/09/tactical-ranch-hosts-2014-elite.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IAOE_lGpQo

There was a FUCK ton more lookin still
>>
>>31704852
>>31704934

If you're not wearing a suit and tie you're not dressed professionally enough for the job.

Please read all of this: https://forum.officer.com/forum/public-forums/ask-a-cop/hiring-recruitment-process-questions/96526-the-applicant%C3%A2%E2%82%AC%E2%84%A2s-guide-to-getting-hired
>>
>>31704934
Depends where you live man. A lot offer sponsorships where they pay but they are far far more competitive then actual certified positions. Suit and tie of course. SWAT is not always ex-mil they want guys who are team players, one of the boys, and in great great physical fitness shape (specifically strength/fighting ability)

So heres how it usually goes
1.) apply
2.) written and physical exams
3.) interview (could be with chief could be with SWAT could be with detectives)
4.) background investigation
5.) polygraph or CVSA
6.) oppurtunity for employment
>>
>>31704938
This its the same with all the SWAT/SRT teams they all use heavily as well.
>>
>>31704934
You also wont be able to go straight into SWAT, SRT, Vice, Gangs, homicide. That usually is available after 2 years employment.
>>
File: image.jpg (184KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
184KB, 640x640px
>>31692969
that tattoo...
>>
>>31704821
cause it comes with withdrawal symptoms which can kill or render you useless, like your a marksman and you drink caffeine then suffer the shakes, that shit could cost you your life.

Why do you think steroids are banned from the Olympics? How many people need to OD before you realize its a stupid idea. We did do in ww2 though.
>>
>>31704821
They do. ALmost all of them are given these.

>>31705012
Completely wrong. They need to repair at a far greater rate and ensure longevity because they are costly investments. So yes they do use whatever it takes to get the mission done.
>>
I work closely with Rangers, Special Forces, and the occasional SEAL. Run into USMC special operations (raiders, force recon etc) on occasion.

One thing that was interesting to me is that all SOF have a baseline of strength. If you can't haul 100 pounds of gear over rough terrain... you can't hack it in standard light infantry much less special operations.

The only people shorter than 6" are powerlifter types with no necks.

Only British SAS still does the "small and clever guy" thing, American SOF overwhelmingly prioritizes raw strength first, with brains second. Doesn't mean American SOF is dumb, far from it... just that the first thing that makes it through the gates is physical capability, with mental acuity and strength a second priority that works itself out with time (dummies get the boot slower than weaklings).

Interesting to note: it is crazy easy to get steroids in SOF legitimately through the medical system, and it is definitely not frowned upon AFTER passing through schools. Legitimate use of steroids for fucked up joints easily mixes in with grey area use of steroids for strength. In particular, the military has realized that hemmoraging SOF to Call of Duty: Garrison life is a bad deal, so the amount of physical therapy and even mental health being given to anyone in SOCOM is impressive compared to the start of GWOT

The standards and conditioning programs you need to get through schools are ALL THERE in MULTIPLE BOOKS which give you STEP BY STEP, WEEK BY WEEK programs to turn skiny 18 year olds into men within months. It really isn't rocket science.
>>
>>31705012
>OD
>on test and HGH
>ha
>haha
>hahahaha

you will have a better chance of your aspirin killing you junior.
>>
>>31705021
>>31705036
I'm talking about steroids however, and steroids are banned. The caffeine was just an example of withdrawal side effects.
>>
>>31705044
Steroids are banned because the edge you would gain would demolish the competition. Again people find ways around this. And that edge you gain would be perfect for a soldier.
>>
>>31705051
Yes they definitely do make a soldier better thats why we used them in ww2 however they can also kill or possibly lower a person life expectancy as well.

However in today's world steroids are majorly shunned by society.
>>
>>31698906
>>31698840
Not true, fitter individuals are more likely to survive traumatic injuries
>>
>>31704981
Thanks for the link
>>31704987
Like I said all the cities I applied to pay recruits to go through the academy. Yeah the process is similar to that.
>>31705000
Oh no doubt. One place I'm hoping I get hired at, it's more like 5+years. I speak a foreign language so I'd like to work Counter Terrorism tbqh.
>>
>>31705072
SOF, SWAT, etc. use them. WW2 steroids did not make anyone roid rage or go nuts (myths). you are thinking of amphetamines. They two largely different things. In moderation studies have shown roids (injectables not orals) have virtually 0 side effects.
>>
Endurance and stamina are essential.

A hungry skeleton would look buff after putting on a combat uniform with equipment so huge muscles would impede motion.

Being buff is OK, being bodybuilder huge can work against you.
>>
I'm not doubting everyone in this thread but from what I've seen most vets are into crossfit/mma/functional fitness kind of shit. I don't see how being yuge is helpful beyond a certain point. You need to be able to move shoot and carry bags/the occasional teammate. You can do all that and still beat up mohammed with ease being half the size of the guys posted here. Being so big you depend on roids and an insane diet to keep your shape seems like a detriment even if youre doing lots of short of missions with breaks at base in between, no?
>>
>>31705098
Yes in moderation is fine, however if your in warzone i don't think you would let a moment go by where you do take it in moderation.
>>
>>31705127
Not that anon but why would things change? stateside or deployed taking 'medication' is taking 'medication'. Not sure why you'd take more.
>>
>>31705124
All psychological my man

If you look in a mirror you see a big hulking crazy fuck you are going to naturally perform harder. Plus the lifting and training in groups adds to comradery
>>
>>31705139
Combat readiness i assume? Always want your A game.
>>
>>31705139
They fucking shoot up anywhere it makes 0 difference theres gyms in the desert too
>>
>>31705153
kek so upping your test and deca cycle will give you that A game? anon, pls.
>>
>>31705170
steroids would give you an advantage in combat
>>
>>31705164
Ok? and? theres always gyms. It still doesn't make sense to take more just to
>Always want your A game"
>>
>>31705184
I'd say wanting your A game as a soldier in warzone is perfectly reasonable.
>>
>>31705184
They take the same fucking cycle you dingus. Its the same constant CCs lmao.
>>
File: yutRrqm.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
yutRrqm.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>31705183
>>31705197
Ok, anon. Great idea, up your cycle, get dat A game.

>>31705198
I've been saying that, dipshit >>31705139 >>31705170
>>
>>31705012
>test withdrawal

I'm pretty sure everyone on /fit/ would die if that were so, also there are longer lasting esters that could keep blood levels stable for months of combat
>>
>>31692593
Being buff like your OP actually gets in the way, that duder's range of motion isn't as high as someone with decent strength but smaller "less bulky" arms. Being a powerlifter isn't a good quality in SF.
>>
>>31700659
Bulk up all you want nigger, you'll go down just the same.
>>
>>31705285
>not wanting to get to Brandon Hancock mode
>>
>>31705296
I mean it's not like you're not useful if you're built like fucking Marcus Fenix, I'd give you the M249 and send you on your merry ol' way.

It's an issue though when we're in a squad clearing close quarters and your big roided out ass is in my FOF or you're struggling to get through shit with your gear on. Gigantic He-Man Fuckers just clog the pipe, son.

So you want a happy medium. 5'8" - 6'4" is a good range, and with lean muscle. Still serviceable. That's the kind of composition you want for long distance humps through rugged terrain, or for urban CQC.

The big-ass dudes are the types I'd use for tip of the spear attacks, MARSOC and Rangers being sent in after SEALs have taken out targets of interest.
>>
>>31705337
>handing the saw or 240 to anybody but the smallest guy in your unit
hey everybody, get a load of this guy.
>>
>>31704062
That was his point. 6'1" is tall excerpt by the standards of normal people.
>>
>>31705337
>Gigantic He-Man Fuckers just clog the pipe, son.
>Gigantic He-Man Fuckers
Thank you for that hearty kek man. Goddam that made me laugh idk why. Think Dom Raso has a good, balanced build that would be ideal for that type of stuff.
>>
>>31705360
>handing the saw or 240 to anybody but the smallest guy in your unit
>hey everybody, get a load of this guy.
I always see this, why is it? Is it some hazing shit or what?
>>
File: DSC_0017.jpg (108KB, 1023x685px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0017.jpg
108KB, 1023x685px
>>31705385
Maybe when he was serving. Now he's just fat and overbulked because all he does every day is post on instagram his gym videos and protein shake recipes, just compare to his old photos.
Same with Pat McNamara.
Too much mass and time wasted lifting plates/eating like a garbage disposal instead of running.
Take a look at the current AD guys from those units and you'll see there's a pretty dramatic difference in build from the aforementioned dudes.

KD is probably the only guy whose fitness and build are still representative of AD SOCOM/Tier 1 guys as he still regularly pushes 5 and 10 mile runs every day and completes 25-50 mile ultramarathons.
He's fit and functionally muscular, not a giant wasted mass gym showoff muscle.
>>
>>31705435
>dat dip
nice
>Maybe when he was serving. Now he's just fat and overbulked because all he does every day is post on instagram his gym videos and protein shake recipes, just compare to his old photos.
Touché. I guess it is now time to cash in and make some $$$.

That's impressive as shit. how old is he?
>>
>>31705402
smols are fearless.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (237KB, 1920x1080px)
maxresdefault[1].jpg
237KB, 1920x1080px
>>31700659
Thank god for Samuel Colt and the sickle cell.
>>
>>31705402
Short angry men have a point to prove to the world, when you have a section of lanky dipshits and layabouts- always give the machinegun to the short cunt because you know he'll do his best to fuck as much shit up as possible. Plus, he will literally eat warm guts before complaining about the weight.
>>
File: 1451006700532.jpg (15KB, 462x254px) Image search: [Google]
1451006700532.jpg
15KB, 462x254px
>>31692593
>a jacked military will be feared more on a primal level.
Maybe before the invention of fire arms. Firearms are the good old equalizer, that big mass of muscle will go down with ease with a couple shots from good old 5.56 or even 9mm.
>>
>>31705072
>in today's world steroids are majorly shunned by society.

not really. most of society is completely indifferent to steroid use, and implicitly supportive of it via basically our entire sports industry and much of our action-entertainment industry. we just have this facade where we pretend to hate the people who are caught doping in what are supposed to be "fair" competitive situations despite knowing full well that literally everyone in the upper echelons of all physical sport are doing the same thing.
>>
>>31692593
buff no
strong yes.
The soldier is always going to have to carry supplies/gear etc. They are going to have to go out for weeks at a time at min and live in fairly deprived conditions with min sleep, water, food and so forth. Anyone who cannot stand these conditions has no business being a soldier. (women).
>>
>>31705385
These kind of guys shed so much hard work in the first few months of a tour.
>>
>>31692666

>however long range patrolling seems to be coming back in vogue.

The army is cutting its LRRP capabilities.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016/07/16/army-looks-to-deactivate-long-range-surveillance-companies.html
>>
File: MR. AMERICA Aug. 1952.jpg (120KB, 614x800px) Image search: [Google]
MR. AMERICA Aug. 1952.jpg
120KB, 614x800px
>>31705927
Large Ex MAA w/Knife shot just a few 9mm(you)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FOJ35fymAE
>>
File: speed candy.jpg (53KB, 500x224px) Image search: [Google]
speed candy.jpg
53KB, 500x224px
>>31704821
They've done that for ages. Literally.

>"British troops used 72 million amphetamine tablets in the Second World War and the RAF got through so many that “Methedrine won the Battle of Britain”

https://www.quora.com/Were-allied-soldiers-in-World-War-2-given-illicit-drugs-to-get-through-the-hell-of-war

Rip fuel makes men run. And blabber.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 205x221px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 205x221px
>>31692969
You're not making you point, anon
>>
>>31692969
Joe maganelo and Chris Pratt get ready for magic mike 3: fallujah edition.
>>
>>31704838
>5'9" 250 lbs
Holy shit
>>
>>31701011
Best post is best
>>
Interesting article here:

>Soldier Enhancement: Ethical Risks and Opportunities
>Matthew Beard, Jai Galliott and Sandra Lynch

http://www.army.gov.au/~/media/Army/Our%20future/Publications/AAJ/Current%20Edition/Army%20Journal%20Autumn%202016%20Vol%2013%20No%201.pdf
>>
>>31705051
>And that edge you gain would be perfect for a soldier.
except for the fact that once you're in the field you're not on the roids anymore and lose the "advantage" and the muscle mass that you gained from it really fast
>>
>>31706337
He's being shot with rubber bullets though.
>>
>>31701014
underrated post
>>
>>31705002
wtf is he wearing? How is he not dying from heat?
>>
>>31699387
he did a whole bunch of hush hush shit in latin america
>>
>>31704938
A lot of them are. I've worked with some guys who made me go to the bazaar and get them roids, while some guys were just lanklets.
>>
>>31699387
He's also by all accounts a personable and humble guy,
Which is somewhat at odds from bombastic SF vets like Larry Vickers.

Gotta love a cultured badass.
>>
>>31706438
This war is over a lack of Pussy. If Saddam had invested in the pussy infrastructure of his country instead of this gay ass army....
>>
>>31705098
>injectables not orals...

pls explain
>>
>>31706996
Stop scribbling. You're encouraging him.
>>
>>31693062
If we believe "No Easy Day" on foot target approach is bread and butter of SOF assault doctrine in Afghanistan.
>>
File: Kamienski-Shooting-cover-web.jpg (568KB, 600x891px) Image search: [Google]
Kamienski-Shooting-cover-web.jpg
568KB, 600x891px
>>31707102
>You're encouraging him.

No need to anymore. I've known for a while that my great granddad, granddad, dad and both uncles were no heroes but combat meth heads thanks to the wars they fought in.

It was a fucking shitty surprise when I found out my twelwe years older brother was taking VA therapy not because of alleged honorable anxiety disorder but because of fucking withdrawal symptoms. I definitely didn't disown him. But it was a shitty surprise.
>>
>>31692593
65% of people not knowing what they are talking about when it comes to fitness the thread.
Thread posts: 133
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.