[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody else agree grip safety is the best safety? if not what's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: gripsafe.jpg (188KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
gripsafe.jpg
188KB, 1024x768px
Anybody else agree grip safety is the best safety? if not what's your argument, if you're gonna shoot you don't have to worry about pressing a stupid button, and the only way itd get in the way of firing is if you're holding it like a retard
>>
>>31663046
I agree. Best SMG in the world, the UZI, has a grip safety.
>>
>>31663060
I don't know much about the Uzi so I can't tell if you're bring genuine or sarcastic
>>
>and the only way itd get in the way of firing is if you're holding it like a retard
Yeah, nah. I used to think like this. Then while doing dry fire training I pulled out my gun like normal, and the trigger didn't pull. Turns out I was only half depressing it that time, after thousands of repetitions of doing it right, and at least 3000 rounds through it at the range.

Traded it for a Glock. I'm not risking having that happen when I'm carrying and need it to potentially save my life. Have been very happy with the Glock, too.
>>
>>31663123
I've shot my XD thousands of times and never had any problems with it ever, but I can see how it might happen actually
>>
>>31663046
explain to me how youre supposed to cock the hammer without using both hands?
>>
>>31663046
Nah, best safety is not pulling the trigger\ keeping shit out of the trigger guard with a good holster. If you insist on a mechanical safety the 1911 style frame safety is the only one that doesn't suck completely, my pocket gun has this type of safety because I sometimes fuck up and throw some keys or a pen in there and stuff moves around.

I also think most police departments and the military should issue guns with a mechanical safety because lowest common denominator and the glockleg phenomenon, but better training is the ideal answer.
>>
>>31663212
You CAN'T?

Do you have babby hands - short thumbs or no strength?

I can cock the hammer one handed ww2 army style.
>>
File: Scientific_racism_irish.jpg (136KB, 696x378px) Image search: [Google]
Scientific_racism_irish.jpg
136KB, 696x378px
>Safeties
You could just use your head and follow proper firearm safety.
>>
>>31663172
I said the same thing about my XD-S until the moment that happened. Defended it to the death on /k/.

I still like it and think it's a pretty solid gun. I just can't trust grip safeties anymore.
>>
There's literally no point to the grip safety on a 1911. I've only had it cause me headaches.
>>
>>31663247
I can't bend my thumb 180° in the opposite direction, no
Don't know if stupid or noguns
>>
>>31663212
Explain to me why you would ever need to cock the hammer with one hand.
>>
>>31663272
you can have the 1911 grip safety's actuation point changed.
mine only needs to be pushed about halfways in to disengage.
>>
Thumb over hammer on a TDA gun is better.

Also 1911's and the XD is g*y as fuck.
>>
>>31663046
Being a single-action only gun, one could argue it's valuable on the 1911.

One could also argue that the 1911 is outdated shit and the XD series is shit too.

Grip Safeties are fucking pleb.
>>
File: 1476056746568.jpg (100KB, 923x922px) Image search: [Google]
1476056746568.jpg
100KB, 923x922px
>>31663212
>not carrying cocked and locked
>>
>>31663123
And yet a man managed to empty a mag at an attacker and reload while shot in the hands. Sure it's possible which is why grip tape, rubber bands and pins have appeared on grip safeties for decades. But a problem solved that easily isn't much of a problem.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.