[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>another unsuccessful range day where I couldn't zero

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (53KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 500x363px
>another unsuccessful range day where I couldn't zero my ak74 again

it's been 2 years. What the fuck am I doing wrong? No matter what, it's way off to the right.
>>
>>31662485
Are you compensating for the possibility of canted sights?
>>
>>31662514
My gun has no canted sights at all. No matter how much I push my drum to the left, it keeps pulling right
>>
>>31662485
>What the fuck am I doing wrong? No matter what, it's way off to the right.

I'd try adjusting the sights, but that's just me.
>>
I had a kind of similar problem zeroing my M16A2 clone.

Zeroed it dead on at 25 yards
Tried shooting some 1l bottles at 100 yards and I'm fairly certain they all went well over the top. I'm not a bad shot; I was able to hit the bottles every time with my horrible original CETME sporter from CAI.

How 2 zero m16 sights?
>>
>>31662578
>Zeroed it dead on at 25 yards
>100 yards and I'm fairly certain they all went well over the top

They probably did,
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_18/328143_.html
>>
>>31662608
Fascinating read, thank you.

My range has a 25, 50, 100, 200, and then a couple more spots, never been down past the 100. Dont know if it goes all the way out to 300 but it would be neat to try and ping milk jugs that far out.
>>
https://youtu.be/wdX1PiHvy-U

https://youtu.be/-Sgczy78m48
>>
File: AK47_Zero_target_BW-1.jpg (256KB, 624x800px) Image search: [Google]
AK47_Zero_target_BW-1.jpg
256KB, 624x800px
>>31662530
I think you're pushing the drum the wrong way. Pushing drum to the left is gonna move point of impact right.
>>
Use a bore laser?
>>
>>31662875
Whoa that's cool
>>
>>31662773
Yeah, where to zero is debatable, I'm in the mil standard zero, use large aperture for close target camp, but that discusses pros\cons and explains concepts pretty well.
>>
>>31662485
You might just be pulling it. Does it shoot OK in a friend's hands?
>>
File: echo1_lmg_rear_sight_rpk[1].jpg (68KB, 980x900px) Image search: [Google]
echo1_lmg_rear_sight_rpk[1].jpg
68KB, 980x900px
>>31662485
>No matter what, it's way off to the right.
Then move the front sight post right, that is quite literally the only answer unless you have rpk style windage adjustments on the rear site. That makes things easier.
>>31662875
this guy is right, any adjustments you make on the front sight moves the point of impact the opposite way
if you move the sight right, the POI goes left
if you move the sight up, the POI goes down
>>
>>31662485
How the fuck in two years have you not been able to figure out your rifle? Maybe you should sell it and buy a shotgun.
>>
>>31662530
Pushing the front sight left makes your point of impact go right
>>
>>31662485
Have you tried turning it off and back on?
>>
Protip: When you make your adjustments, you move your group. Not your sight. If you shoot low left, you make your adjustments to move that group high right.
>>
>>31662485
>What the fuck am I doing wrong?
Using Slavshit.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.