[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>letting your children be indoctrinated with anti-gun propaganda

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 17

File: 1466284456647.jpg (237KB, 1196x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1466284456647.jpg
237KB, 1196x1200px
>letting your children be indoctrinated with anti-gun propaganda in the school system
>>
>implying anyone on /k has kids
>>
>>31659029

fpbp
>>
File: image.png (466KB, 501x743px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
466KB, 501x743px
>>31659008
>Dad is dead
>>
>>31659008
Mine goes to a private school where the only indoctrination is religious. At least until college I guess. Then I have to hope I did a good job in the first place.
>>
File: image.jpg (146KB, 682x1023px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146KB, 682x1023px
>one chance at life
>infertile
>>
>>31659008
Fuck that mate.
>>
>>31659056

living the dream, anon.

fuck dem bitches
children suck as well
>>
>>31659051
Same here. Public schools suck ass
>>
>>31659029
I have a kid. Going to start teaching her to shoot around age 6 or 7 with a BB gun if she's mature enough, move up from there.

Some of you still don't get it:
>You're here forever
>>
>>31659079
Mine'a only really interested in them aesthetically/mechanically. She fires a shot or two when we go to the range and that's enough for her right now.
>>
>>31659051
Careful anon. You better prepare them well to fly without a guide. I say that because many many kids lose religion in college. Even those who don't will probably at least test the boundaries for a while, to their detriment.

t. kid who learned the hard way.
>>
>>31659008

>implying I'm not going to turn my children into people that hate the government and infringement on rights just as much as I do
>>
>>31659134
Don't worry. Just keep teaching without pushing her. Are you using steel or the ball bouncers or clays or other reactive targets? Making it a game is going to probably catch her interest a lot more than putting holes in paper.

That said I wasn't really enthused by shooting as a young kid but went hunting with my dad a lot. Preferred reading, more interested in heavy duty military equipment and aircraft than in personal arms. Later I got heavily into guns and shooting, and really appreciated all the experience I'd gotten with them growing up.
>>
>>31659056
Trade? My fiance and i dont want kids and the docs flat out refuse a vasectomy/the chick version of that unless you've already got kids
>>
>>31659134
I took my son out shooting the first time when he was 3. Still too young to really understand the safety aspect past DO NOT TOUCH. I held his hands around my Model 41 and let him pull the trigger on it. I thought he would take a single shot before getting scared of the report since he really doesn't like loud noises (he did have proper earmuffs and glasses on though), but that little fucker emptied the mag in an instant.
>>
>>31659140
>religion
But i like my mixed fibers anon
>>
>>31659143
>implying their teachers won't undo all your efforts and fill their heads full of politically correct statist drivel
>>
>>31659140
I was going to type a load of shit about my own thoughts on the subject but then I remembered I was on the 4chins so I'll just say I'm doing the best I know how. Mostly I want her to be safe, responsible, and happy in the future.
>>
>>31659008
My fear is I'll never make enough money to give my future family the ability to live in a good neighborhood, go to good schools, and to live well in general.

I don't want to raise a family in a poor (black people) area either...I was, and I don't want there to be the same fear of walking outside after dark for fear of being jumped like I had to deal with.
>>
>>31659161
no they don't

tubal ligation is hard as hell to get but anyone will give you a vasectomy with almost no questions

find a new doctor
>>
>>31659184
I bet you seeth your calves in the cows' milk too you heathen.
>>
I don't know why but it saddens me that books like that are written. I understand that they need to be, but man, it's just a huge ass bummer.
>>
>>31659204
Well since I'm going to be in your shoes in not too long, any advice?
>>
>>31659209
Study and network. Consider homeschooling.

>>31659230
Even better is "The Night Dad Went to Jail".
>>
>>31659210
Tubals are hard to get because it's a more invasive procedure than a vasectomy. My wife got one after our second kid and she was in pain for nearly a week afterwards.
>>
>>31659230
It makes me sad too. The idea that a mother/father has to sit down with their child, hold back the tears, and read this book to them to convince the child it won't be as bad as they think it'll be.
>>
>>31659008
>that feeling when your dad is now beyons your ability to care for hI'm and you have to place him perminatently.
>feel like a failure and traitor
>seriously kms
>>
>>31659244
>homeschooling
I don't have a family yet, but do want one. I've really thought about this a lot, but I think I'd only do homeschooling if there was a big social circle so my kid could still be properly socialized.
>>
>>31659283
Just put them in sports and other extracurriculars. Schools have to allow them to join those activities now, and it's not like there's much socialization during the normal school day anyways.

I go to college with a surprising number of kids who were homeschooled and have found them to be very well adjusted and bright individuals.
>>
>>31659161
>>31659210
>>31659256
Oh, also, between kids my wife got this procedure done (can't remember the name) where they put a filler in the tube and cauterize a scab over it. It was just a simple procedure she had done in a day at her ob/gyn's office. Unfortunately (actually fortunately I guess?) the doc was only able to get one tube done, the other had gotten covered up by inflammation while cauterizing the first one. About a month later right before going back in to have the other side done, we find out we're preggers again. Turned out for the best though, I'm not complaining.
>>
>>31659283
Home schooling your kid is like giving them an extra chromosome.

I would recommend sports, boy scouts, basically anything to get them out with kids their age. Though, I would at least consider middle and high school because those years are extremely important in learning to socially function especially if they go to college.

My roommate freshman year was a home schooled kid and we're both introverts but he was on a different level. I struggled to make friends and so did he, but even when I tried to be friends with him, he didn't want to.
>>
>>31659300
That's comforting to know, thanks. I still wonder what I'm going to do career wise eventually as my real man job. I work as a DSP now and love it, but it's not the kind of money that can give much of a future.
>>
>>31659319
Sports is a good idea. If I could go back in time, I'd force myself to join football or something, so I could have ended up being a more regular guy than some goofball with autist tendencies in spite of not being an autist.
>>
>>31659008
>Implying coddling your children is any way to raise a proper adult.

If my kid can't weigh two ideas and decide for themselves what to do then I've failed as a parent. If that means they want to be nofunz then they can be nofunz.

I'd rather raise a thinking child over an indoctrinated one of either side any day of the week.
>>
>>31659374
Yeah, sports are the great equalizer. I did lacrosse and then weight training.

I'm still a fucking goofball but I can contain myself because of what I learned on the field and in the weight room.
>>
>or you live in the South
it's a double edged sword, anon. They grow up with guns but can't spell and think Jesus made the moon out of 40 loaves of cheese.
>>
File: IMG_2006.png (3MB, 1716x1710px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2006.png
3MB, 1716x1710px
>>31659008
I'm in MS and have been with my girlfriend for five years, we plan on getting married and having some littluns once we're financially stable. Living in a small town on the OR coast or in WA near the Canadian border (lots of good jobs for my most likely specialty).
How many kids should I have? Does /k/ have advice on raising girls to not be entitled products of modern decadence but rather self-reliant hard workers who select healthy male partners but prioritize personal achievement and progress over consumerist "empowerment?"
>>
File: tumblr_lsxnly5Re81qc01zwo1_400.png (7KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lsxnly5Re81qc01zwo1_400.png
7KB, 320x224px
>>31659402
This. SHALL isn't just an amendment, it's a philosophy. If it's important to you to not be controlled, it doesn't make sense to be controlling.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (9KB, 409x39px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
9KB, 409x39px
>>31659008
>tfw your first name is a day of the week
>>
>>31659402
>sending your child through modern education
>having a thinking child
Pick one and only one.
>>
File: enhanced-buzz-6299-1414755997-0.jpg (15KB, 280x200px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-buzz-6299-1414755997-0.jpg
15KB, 280x200px
>>31659487
>>
>>31659437
Oh look another butthurt Yankee.
>>
>>31659505

There's a level of indoctrination with everything, I regularly try and take a page from how Richard Feynman's father was with him.

Just go for walks and talk, provoke critical questions. Being able to question the indoctrination and formulate your own responses is more powerful than any personally held ideology.

Even then I know that kiddos will fall for things, it happens, it's what makes them human but it's important to recognize as much as you can.
>>
>>31659319
My roommate in freshman and sophomore year was homeschooled and a pastor's kid to boot. I'm just barely an extrovert but he was much more outgoing and social than me, would regularly take his guitar to the quad and play while chatting with folks.

I was jealous that while both of us had full ride tuition/room/board, he got to skip all the freshman and sophomore bullshit required classes because he'd finished his associates prior to going to the university. So he got to just focus on his major from the start.

Myself, I was doing pretty well in Catholic school grade wise until I went to middle and high school where our town had only public school options, and I picked up a lot of bad habits, notably laziness. Which hit me hard in college.
>>
>>31659008
>School pushes liberal propaganda on me
>Parents push liberal propaganda on me
>Media pushes liberal propaganda on me
>mfw I'm a nazi now

The moral of the story is don't go to hard with pro-gun shit or once your kid grows up he will be one of the biggest anti-gun shit heads alive
>>
File: 19081.png (10KB, 171x299px) Image search: [Google]
19081.png
10KB, 171x299px
>>31659475
>>31659402
>implying the opposite of letting your kids be indoctrinated by the school system is to indoctrinate them yourself
>>
>>31659402
This desu
My parents raised me like this, both feverishly anti gun but wanted me to make decisions for myself.
Since I started buying guns and my mother has gotten more exposed to them, she's become much more accepting of it, my father however still needs work.
>>
>>31659222
I bet you don't even poop in holes you Babylonian. Duet 23:12-13
>>
>>31659487
>tfw your last name is a polish swear
>>
>>31659579

You think by not exposing them you're doing them any favors? The world doesn't work that way, it doesn't sit around and wait for you to be well adjusted before pushing tons of bullshit in your face.

Kids aren't given extra time to cope, or experience a pure reality, they're bombarded with bullshit from almost the time they crawl.

You can keep television and sugar and all kinds of shit your kids but the world has a way of sneaking the fuck in and undoing all of your coddling.

Send your kids to shitty, public school. Make them pledge allegiance every day. Make them deal with bullies and shitty teachers.

One day they'll have a shitty boss, who bullies them or treats them like crap. They won't understand why they do the same crap day in and day out. I'll be dead and won't be able to tell them to direct them.

That they can live better lives or make the right decisions. I want them to grow up being able to see these things on their own.

Life is the teacher, I just go to the same school.
>>
>>31659681
>leaving a child in charge of cultivating his own entire mindset and worldview
Sure, let's just reinvent the wheel with every single generation. Good idea, nigger.
>>
File: 1474823891802.png (46KB, 500x397px) Image search: [Google]
1474823891802.png
46KB, 500x397px
>>31659505
Eh, depends on locale. I went to a country high school, and they were preponderantly center-right. Bits of it were a little awkward because I'm not really a religious sort and most of them were, but all in all it was fine.

I legit never figured out the political inclination of my history and economics teachers. One had us guess his political leaning for extra credit on the final; no one figured it out. Usually I'm quick to assume that sort of thing too, but in the end IIRC I answered moderate Republican. This was Commiefornia too, though the South

>College
Alaska, so a bit unfair of a measure. Half my aviation professors have been pro Trump specifically, and not a one of them has been measurably leftist. Economics teacher was a capitalist libertarian. Only noticeable leftists so far have been philosophy and anthropology, and I've only had one big leftist anthropology professor. Philosophy professor was full on anarchocommunist by his specification, but that was fine. He was fair and happy to argue the subject, even interested to argue it, and he was fair and reasonable in argument. I can't complain.

I think all in all my experience with public education and thus far beyond has been / was pretty well-balanced. Even mother and father were left and right respectively. Mother was antigun until we owned them. The result was Libertarian.

I did homeschool briefly. Personally I didn't care for it, but ironically it did me some favors socially. I was as outcast as they come in Elementary, but after I went back to public at the beginning of middle school I wasn't as conditioned to assuming the position and ended up making a shitload of friends. It's worth a shot if you need it, especially early on. It's not like the kid is missing much, at least until high school. Worst case, switch back.

>tl;dr it's not hopeless, but region and quality/honor of teachers matters. I've had some fantastic teachers, but I guess in the end you have to roll for it.
>>
>>31659437

Sometimes it's funny to see what those of you from the Northeast actually think of us.

Granted, there are some aspects of Southern culture and education that are abhorrent, if you live in the right area then the education is just fine.

And you can get away with some whacky shit.
>>
>>31659681
This guy >>31659716
is kind of right: that sort of happened with today's generation (I'm a millennial too), and it resulted in a shit load of people that think they're way more intelligent and profound than they actually are.
>>
>>31659465

Two is the optimal number, smaller families are more typical out that way than down here.
>>
>>31659769
>only making replacement level numbers

It's like you want your genetic type and culture to die.
>>
>>31659798
I worry about this: we're being bred out of existence. White people are like pandas in that they won't reproduce to save themselves.

We're also naïve enough to not see that multiculturalism is at its core a struggle for power between each race, and whites are willingly throwing in the towel because we pretend that's not how it actually works.
>>
File: 1471268287381.png (42KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1471268287381.png
42KB, 500x333px
>>31659759
That's nothing new. It was the same program with the hippies. For some of us who grew up in liberal households that process made the antigun progun.

Developing a personal philosophy and identity is a lot of the substance of being human, that's why gun control feels personal. It's not like we're all born to satisfy some goal, even according to most religious denominations. Might as well smell all the flowers and make what you can out of yourself.

>Sense of entitlement, inflated sense of profundity
Yeah, but most figure it out. It's a phase. Odds are at the end of it at least some of it was worth saying, it's just difficult to tell what until afterword. It's important to recognize yourself as human, and subject to all the things you hate in other humans unless you're aware of them and consciously suppress them. Maybe you have different interests that are seen as intellectual. Maybe, god forbid, you're actually a little smarter than average. But that doesn't make you better, and you don't have the right to judge your own intellect.
>>
>>31659798
>>31659846

If you want to breed like niggers you will end up living like niggers and raising kids that act like niggers
>>
>>31659864
How do we not get replaced by virtue of sheer numbers then?
>>
>>31659233
Don't treat them like adults, but do pay attention to them like they're adults. Always have time to answer a question. Never forget that you are in charge and that they rely on you.
>>
>>31659885
You don't. Idiocracy was a documentary, Mike Judge is actually a time traveler from the future.
>>
File: vd63SlV.jpg (147KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
vd63SlV.jpg
147KB, 667x1000px
>>31659283

Never, ever homeschool your kid.

You are crippling them socially, and in the real world, being socially confident and able is one of, if not THE most important key to success.
>>
>>31659051
I went to a religious school and look how I ended up.
>>
>>31659798

and

>>31659846

see

>>31659864

In the south, where overly high family densities abound, even a well-jobbed man struggles to stay afloat and due to the high rates of lower-middle and lower class life, the south has a trashed culture.

Trust me, I've been here forever and lived in almost every social bracket these humid states have to offer.
>>
>>31659079
>>31659134
Sounds hot. Any pics?
>>
>>31659885
Exterminate the niggers duh
>>
>>31659056
How does one conduct these tests. On a side note can't you do an IVF
>>
>>31659980
Blacks are only about 13% of the US population, but hard to say exactly if you wanna include mulattoes...which I count them as black myself.
>>
>>31659946
>You are crippling them socially

I've never seen this stereotype actually be true other than with 2 individuals from hyper-religious households, and I deal with a lot of homeschooled kids. There's a reason it's becoming so popular among the rich Silicon Valley families.
>>
>>31659957
Meh, me too. I think it went okay.
>>
>>31659402
>not being part of the problem of increasing political polarization
Thank you /k/omrade.
>>
>>31659970
No, you may not have pics of my loli.
>>
File: 1476139819718.png (94KB, 596x650px) Image search: [Google]
1476139819718.png
94KB, 596x650px
>>31659051
how's it feel that the Catholic schools near me have the crazy/slutty girls stereotype? Seriously though, didn't know that many people from them, but best friend went there Catholic school for a little while and he's fucked up, and his girlfriend from there was fucked up. although all my friends are fucked up and the others and I were public school in one of the best districts.

so lol it don't matter unless they're all bad apples. even then parenting can be far more important. all my good highschool friends dropped out of college. But I'm finishing up in Mechanical Engineering with 3.9 and a good years of internship experience.

Difference? My parents starting from a young age with discipline and academic encouragement. even though I have been semi self loathing and depressive since 5th grade and never spoke about it with my family, had a bunch of fuck up depressive friends i didn't break the law or fuck up like them.
>>
>>31659079

>daughter

Sorry for your bad luck, anon.

Just pray that she doesn't become a coal burner.
>>
>>31660375
>Just pray that she doesn't become a coal burner.
Every day anon, every day.
>>
>>31659946
>Boy I sure do live this Kool Aid
>>
>>31660366
I moved around to several junior high and high schools as a kid and the more religious the school was often correlated to how rebellious the kids were. The catholic school I graduated from had several kids expelled for sexual harassment (upskirt photos, swapping nudes, fucking freshmen, hazing with dick stuff, ect). Many more expelled for failing drug tests. They actually had to bend the rules for drugs to be more lenient because we lost like 10 kids the first semester of senior year. The girls probably 85% sluts. Parties every weekend without fail.
>>
>>31659319
>boy scouts

not even once

maybe if you know the troop leader or whatever but I did cub/boy scouts and it was fucking gay

did nothing but arts and crafts for like 4 years and at that point i was like "fuck this"

probably didn't help our troop leader was some bitch with a kid that had aspergers/add/etc so he would get coddled the whole time and everyone had to deal with his shit
>>
>>31660366
>how's it feel that the Catholic schools near me have the crazy/slutty girls stereotype?
People say that about EVERY Catholic school, anon. I went to high school at both public and Cathlic schools thanks to moving in the middle of it, and while there were definitely some crazies and sluts it was on par with or slightly less than at the public school I'd been to previously. The Catholic girls at least weren't dropping out at 15 because their 20 year old boyfriend knocked them up like at the public school and drugs were a lot less present.

No, the "oh shit" moment with a former classmate at the Catholic high school was when she in college got knocked up by a Yemen foreign exchange student, married him, and despite her parents pleading, moved over there with their daughter. Last time I visited she was fully brainwashed and wearing the garb too. Her town has had fighting right outside of it and her parents are wondering what the hell they did wrong.
>>
>>31659056
At least you don't have cancer.
>>
>>31659265
What's worse is I can guaranfuckingtee there is no "weekends at moms" version. Because men can't be fit parents without being with the mom or something.

And why is it only weekends? Because they want kids to spend most of their time with mom, away from the positive guiding influence of dad so they can further indoctrinate them to be a nu male beta faggot.

/rant
>>
>>31660589
Go home /r9k/, you're drunk.
>>
>>31659029
My daughter turns four in a few weeks.
>>
File: 1474339344692.png (38KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1474339344692.png
38KB, 750x750px
>>31659047
It will be three years in a couple of weeks.
>>
>>31660686
Tragic boating accident?
>>
>>31659970
You're the reason I am shooting anyone with a /k/ patch on sight if happenings happen.
>>
>>31660670
Hey, mine does in a few months.
>>
>>31659029

Boy and girl. Oldest a year and 8 months other is 10 months. Starting them off with either a BB gun or 22SB.
>>
>>31660712
No he died of cancer.
>>
>>31660366
Catholic school is like prison. It changes a person. But you're right, parenting still matters.
>>
>>31659545
>>31659748
I'm in the Southeast, and it is definitely that stupid here. Nobody on /k/ has a sense of humor anymore, I mean look at how stupid this thread topic is.
>>
>>31660899
Well, things are likely to either improve or worsen, depending on how the election goes.
>>
File: Heavy feels.jpg (220KB, 1024x719px) Image search: [Google]
Heavy feels.jpg
220KB, 1024x719px
>>31660794

So fucking sorry, anon.
>>
File: 1168292809826.jpg (20KB, 340x277px) Image search: [Google]
1168292809826.jpg
20KB, 340x277px
>>31660957
>things will either get better or worse

brilliant prediction anon, you should play the lotto
>>
>>31660979
I didn't say "stay the same" :^)
>>
>>31659029
First is due in late April
>>
>>31659008
>Parents divorce when I'm 4
>get me similar book
>dad has no job so no custody, also they force him to go to anger management because my mom was a lying cut
>she gets caught breaking into his apartment and gets charged with a felony
>live with grandma
>see mom 2 or 3 times a week if I'm lucky
>see dad once every few years if I'm lucky

Those books are a crock of shit
>>
>>31659029
2yo daughter and twin boys on the way.
>>
>>31660541
Ah that's why I said near me. Catholic definitely seemed worse, not that I went there though. there was one public highschool that was on par with Catholic, but the rest near me were far better.
>>
>>31659140
Good soon religion will die out.
Than mankinind can finally move forward.
>>
>>31659465
that picture is more interesting than everything else on /k/
>>
>>31659047
mines been 10 years gone this past june.

he was a fucking cuck, and wannabe biker toughguy that said guns are bad when he got shot for being a faggot and caught a case of jesus. he died from being a fucking junkie and OD'ing in a camper, where he wasnt found for days in the heat.

that being said, stepdad was progun as fuck, and bitched at me to get off my ass and buy my first gun the day i turned 18 as a civic duty.
>>
>tfw both my dad and I bought each other guns to CC on our respective birthdays the year when IL finally allowed CC
>My aunts and cousins flipped a shit about this
Feels good man
>>
File: 164.jpg (43KB, 600x592px) Image search: [Google]
164.jpg
43KB, 600x592px
>>31661156
>>
>>31661156
>Good soon religion will die out.
I'm sure that's news to the billion or so Muslims, many of whom are busy jihading to kill the secular western.
>>
>>31659465
I love how they caught the guys on the right looking smug.

Also, I love that people think Nye is some kind of scientific authority because he has a BA in engineering and ran a kids show for a few years.
>>
>>31661158
It's facile to compare a con artist, a couple of comedians, and a guy with a kid's show with some nobel prize winners. Of course the first group is a pack of retards.
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.