[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone had any experience with pic related in 40sw? I have been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 0326141005.jpg (79KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
0326141005.jpg
79KB, 800x600px
Anyone had any experience with pic related in 40sw?
I have been shooting it with 180grain FMJ-FP from Pmc and it is accurate to around 20 feet. Then after that it will have a grouping of about a foot in diameter.
>>
>shameful self bump
>>
>>31658662
Maybe try cast bullets. The FMJs may not engage the rifling properly and the bullets are tumbling
>>
>>31658834
This. Check your target for keyholing.
>>
File: IMG_0606[1].jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0606[1].jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>31658834
>>31658839
Just went out and shot it 10 times at the target at roughly 50 feet. No keyholing is present.
>>
>>31659496
op you need to quit drinking so much...
>>
>>31659522
Kek 100% sober i promise
>>
>>31658173
Dude, its a sub compact.
Its meant to intimidate, not drop deer at 300 yards.
>>
This sounds like some good old fashioned OPERATOR error.

Can you shoot anything well?
>>
>>31659496
The good news is you've given your pistol one of the "advantages" of a shotgun with that pattern. Innovative.
>>
>>31659722
This gun is not a sub compact
>>31659746
I have shot many other handguns including a ruger p85 a ruger sr1911 and have no problems in shooting them well and every person who has shot the pistol in question has the same problems
>>31659789
Kek thats one way to look at it
>>
>>31659822
The pattern isn't really indicative of anything I can think of happening in terms of technique, it just looks bad, inconsistent everything. Best guess maybe the barrel lockup is crazy insosistent\ it's unlocking prematurely if it's not just bad shooting. Is there any play in the barrel when the slide is forward? Brass showing any signs of premature unlocking (ballooned bases, splits)?
>>
>>31659879
the cases do not show any signs of premature unloocking but there is a small amount of play in the barrel i can move it in all directions but not much.
>>
>>31660006
If you love it, just send it back to the factory with a target shot from a bench.

If you don't love it, get rid of it and get something good
>>
>>31660006
I'd guess at that being your issue, but hard to say for sure without handling it. I'd say do the usual try a couple different types of ammo then bitch at Zastava\ the importer (don't know their warranty process, sorry) if it still sucks.
>>
>>31660177
well ive only tried pmc bronze as when i bought the gun it came with 500 rounds of it so any suggestions for ammo i should try?
>>
>>31660219
I really don't think it's the ammo, PMC is fine, most of my .40 range stash is PMC, but due diligence, try some type of 165gr stuff, just grab a couple boxes of whatever at Wal-Mart. I don't think it's ammo, but best to rule it out.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.