[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-37 612083 /k/ likes vigila

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: paraderehearsal.jpg (62KB, 624x399px) Image search: [Google]
paraderehearsal.jpg
62KB, 624x399px
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-37612083

/k/ likes vigilante communities, right?
/k/ talks a lot about how they would fight the cartels, here's how one town did it.

>"We've learnt a lot," says Heriberto Campos, one of the founders and the co-ordinator of the Ronda Comunitaria whose nickname is "Diablo" or "Devil". "In those early days, we didn't know anything about using guns. But now we know how to fight, and if the criminals come back, we're ready for them."
>>
File: autodefensas (2).jpg (92KB, 900x505px) Image search: [Google]
autodefensas (2).jpg
92KB, 900x505px
>>31654917
good for them. in some places theyre doing it just with single shot shotguns
>>
>letting people know your real name in a country with literally thousands of full time hitmen

But yeah, basically a neighborhood watch with good weapons handling.

I have to guess PT wouldn't be important because you have to defend such a small area.

It would actually be a lot like base security in the military.
>>
>>31654938
>good for them. in some places theyre doing it just with single shot shotguns
The OP pic has an AR front and centre but if you look, several guys have single-shot shotguns.
>>
>>31654959
>letting people know your real name
It's the whole town, a single matriach doesn't matter and they can't really get to her anyway because of the checkpoints. If the cartels wanted revenge, they'd target the whole town.

They probably do some PT anyway but this is a very rural part of Mexico so they won't be as fat as the city dwellers. Farm kids are fitter usually.

>It would actually be a lot like base security in the military.
Probably yeah, good comparison. Checkpoints, questioning visitors, patrolling perimeter.
>>
>>31654917
Neat.
>>
>>31654917
This only really happens when the cartel is arming the towns people and then takes over the town entirely shortly after. I mean, where else do they get their guns from?
>>
huh?
>>
>>31657620
>where else do they get their guns from
Farming shotguns/rifles and machetes.

I think the townswomen did the initial action just with machetes. They got the guns later when they realised that they'd need checkpoints and patrols.
>>
>>31654917
Saw a documentary on Netflix about the same thing. Poor towns in Mexico banded together to form a militia to fight off the cartel. Man who started it all was named Ramirez. Can't remember the name of documentary. They ended up getting corrupt and the leader thrown in prison for arms dealing and such. Government stepped in, broke them up.

So long as they stay straight, they will be doing fine.
>>
>>31657675
>So long as they stay straight, they will be doing fine.
The second thing they did, was run the local politicians out of town.
>>
>>31657675
I think it was named Cartel Land
It's pretty good
>>
>>31654938
>single shot shotguns
>>31654977
>several guys have single-shot shotguns
Where?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.