[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did the magazine pouches they use for the Gustav's in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: MAioJa7[1].jpg (62KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
MAioJa7[1].jpg
62KB, 800x450px
Why did the magazine pouches they use for the Gustav's in this film fall out of favor? Like why are vests preferred over having ammo hang across the body or on a belt?
>>
>>31648705
Because we have flak jackets?
>>
1) You've got body armour on, you might as well use it
2) It's easier to sit in a vehicle with a vest rather than a belt
3) Belt loads are still used, especially by light infantry
>>
>>31648705
Because you can fit A LOT more pouches on a vest. Pretty much only light infantry use belts these days, as the other anon said.
>>
>>31648705
Front pouches are for slouches.
You should only have thin pouches on the front of armour. Anything as thick a a single mag can snag on shit as you crawl. so realistically you have to mount anything thick at shoulder height.

Everything else should be at your side and low to distribute weight and prevent becoming encumbered.

That includes shit below your arms, it prevents peeking and running easily.

>>31648749
"light" infantry where your kit weighs more than you.
>>31648857
Any soldier who actually fights uses belt order.
>>
>>31648749
>>31648857
What's the difference between infantry and light-infantry?
>>
>>31649539
Lol. Thanks airsoft.
>>
>>31649553
Vehicles or walking
>>
>>31649561
> crawling to prevent being shot by bbs that can be seen coming toward yoy
1 tour iraq, 1 NI, 3 helmand. in addition to training p1 and 2 recruits, other countries soldiers on joint ex's and other useless UN/NATO dits m8
>>
>>31649553
Ironically if you carry a heavier load than anyone else in the military you're light infantry
>>
>>31649607
I feel like your caught up on the crawling thing. It's literally not a big deal. I've done it with m249 saw drums attached.

1 tour in Iraq, 1 in Afghanistan (Helmand) in addition to training my own boots I also worked with foreign militaries, m8.

Personal preference I guess, but it's not better.
>>
>>31648749
>>31648857
>>31649539
/raises hand

As long as we're on the topic, what kind of belt-mag-pouch-thing does the military use? All I've ever seen are the common as mud 3-mag MOLLE holders designed to go on a vest or pack. A simple mag holder I could clip or slide onto my belt would be handy for us civvies, whether we're hog hunting or doing urban defense or fighting zombies or what have you. Point me at one?
>>
>>31649553

"Light Infantry" is what people meant when they said "Infantry" a hundred years ago - you walk to the battle and fight on foot.

"Infantry" nowadays is what we would have called "Motorized Infantry" in the past - you ride to the battle in a truck and fight on foot.

Consequently, as the other posters have pointed out, the "light" infantryman carries more gear on his person, since he doesn't have a truck to carry it for him.
>>
>>31649607
>>31649539

Non mil here, what is belt order?
Also how are you supposed to use a belt without keepers to keep it tight and a h-harness?
>>
>>31649676
A Molle mag pouch. 2 mags fit in it, not 3.

Since it's Molle it can attach anywhere, but SOP and speed reloading dictate on front of PC. You get issued 3 for a total of 6 mags +1 in rifle.

You can buy after market magazine holders such as a leg holster. Or just throw extra mags in a day pack.
>>
File: idf556pouch2.jpg (66KB, 295x255px) Image search: [Google]
idf556pouch2.jpg
66KB, 295x255px
>>31649767
So there *is* no military issue belt pouch for AR magazines. Hm. That stinks. Looks like I go with what the Jooz are using.
>>
>>31649969
There's going to be hundreds of belt pouches for AR magazines.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.